New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FiM] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic RP Recruitment Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    Also, this will be my first post in this Forum, I did read the rules, but I'd still appreciate any advice. ^^
    Rule of thumb. If you're in doubt about whether something breaks the forum rules, don't post it. It hasn't steered me wrong so far.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Also, this will be my first post in this Forum, I did read the rules, but I'd still appreciate any advice. ^^
    Welcome to the playground, looking forwards to seeing you in action!

Only feedback I've got on the character is that you didn't give anything about personality?

3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground

Edited some personality. Hope that's a good start. ^^

And thanks. I needed that reminder.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Character looks good, but I think there may already be a pony who has some magic music-related powers. Wild Dancer, if you can find his sheet. But, y'all could always start a band.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh fiddlesticks. ><
    I guess I should have read all the ponies in play before building him up.

Maybe I could 'fine tune' him to be more of a carpenter who prefers making instruments?

6. - Top - End - #246
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh fiddlesticks. ><
    I guess I should have read all the ponies in play before building him up.

Maybe I could 'fine tune' him to be more of a carpenter who prefers making instruments?
    There is no reason why two musicians can't occupy the same town. Undoubtedly, there will be dance offs, but this is a feature rather than a bug.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot: Dance-offs you say?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

If this leads to a banjo battle between the two of them, I will fully and wholehoof-heartedly endorse this plan.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

I will take Peppercorn, although probably not as a full time employee, you see:

Name: Peppercorn
    Appearance: Earth Pony. A redish-grey colt with a black short mane and tail and grey eyes.
    Biography: The youngest of a large family Peppercorn was always a quiet and restrained pony. The pepper family range from the eldest, Red Pepper, to him at the bottom. Their parents where both badly injured in an accident a few years ago, leaving mother Chilly Pepper in a wheelchair and father Peppermint unable to do any heavy lifting and with little stamina, meaning that the oldest kids do most of the work around the house and earn a lot of the money. Peppercorn only does light work, most bussing and cleaning, and then only for 3 evenings and 1 weekend day a week. This, along with his natural placid temperament, has left him a diligent if rather quiet and unassuming pony with a "It'll happen if it happens" attitude to life's problems. The Peppers have recently arrived in town.
    Personality: Peppercorn is quiet and strangely philosophical for such a young colt.
    Relationships: New in town and very quiet, so none.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The Pepper family

Members:
    • Peppermint- Patriarch
    • Chily Pepper- Matriarch
    • Red Pepper- Eldest Son
    • Yellow Pepper- Eldest Daughter
    • Green Pepper- Eldest Twin
    • Orange Pepper- Yonger Twin
    • Purple Pepper (or Double P)- The Crazy One
    • Rainbow Pepper- Youngest Daughter
    • Peppercorn- Youngest Son

Biography: The Peppers are a large family who recently migrated to Bridle Shores at the request of a family friend. The family consists of Peppermint, Chily Pepper and their seven children. The parents where both badly injured in an accident a few years ago, leaving the mother, Chilly Pepper , in a wheelchair and the father, Peppermint, unable to do any heavy lifting and with little stamina, meaning that the oldest kids do most of the work around the house and earn a lot of the money. Red Pepper and Yellow Pepper are both formally trained chefs and every member of the family has at least some cooking skill.

Pepper family biography aided by EvilDMMk3
    Last edited by Orzel; 2011-04-11 at 08:31 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: Knack Tinker
    Nickname: Tin Horn
    Breed: Unicorn
    Special Talent: Jack-of-all-Trades
    Cutie Mark: A multicolored swirl with the sun to the 'north', an autumn leaf to the 'east, a snowflake to the 'south', and a flower to the 'west'. The centerpiece of her cutiemark is an infinity symbol. This cutiemark signifies her 'jack-of-all-trades' nature through any season or colorful situation.
    Coat: Red
    Mane/Tail: Maroon with Baby blue streaks

Physiology: About the same size as Big Macintosh, Knack Tinker is muscular like an earth pony, with her mane fluffed in a plain manner [think generic background colt style] while her tail is apparently better cared for, being smooth and very long. Her horn, however, is the same shade as tin.

Clothing: Knack usually wears a plain black cowboy hat that hangs to the side over her left ear a little, usually to try covering up her messy mane, and her saddlebags are almost always on her, usually filled with either some sort of tools, or the fruits of her labors from the farm.

Background: Knack Tinker has never recently earned her cutie mark, as he has never found a specific talent that he was best at, but instead finding she is pretty decent at just about anything she sets her mind to, though never spetacular at it. Her hobby is helping out where she is needed, when she is needed. Otherwise, she can found on her farm growing a bit of...everything, as her generic goodness at anything includes planting any kind of plant.

Current occupation: Besides being a farmer, she fixes just about anything, and also generally is the construction manager of new buildings in Bridle Shores, since she's currently the only one with architectural skills in the town insofar, though only if she is asked to help, or she finds a situation that just can't go unchecked.

Personality: Laid back and about as country as Applejack, Knack Tinker sticks to her farm and rarely comes to town, usually to sell her farm goods, or to fix something. Otherwise she sticks to his farm and enjoys her duties.

Relationships: Besides being the jack-of-all-trades, she is shipped to Soft Serve. Also sometimes cares for Dawn, while the Chaser family helps around the farm at times.

The Farm: Knack runs her rather large farm with Spark and family. Covering several dozen acres, this is the one place where Knack really uses her magic alot, pushing several plows at a time while pulling one herself. The plants get water from the small rivulets she created near every patch of plants and orchards. Each section of the farm is separated by the rivulets that are kept from washing the soft dirt away by layers of smooth rock.

Current list of her farm's available stuff. Can be expanded upon if someone asks her to start up another plant.

Veggies:

Artichoke
    Asparagas
    Beets
    Broccoli
    Brussels Sprout
    Cabbage
    Caualiflower
    Celery
    Carrots
    Cress
    Garlic
    Ginger
    Leek
    Lettuce
    Mustard
    Onions
    Parsnip
    Peas
    Potatoes
    Radish
    Horseradish
    Rutabaga
    Spinach
    Spring Onions
    Sweet Potatoes
    Turnips
    Watercress

Fruits:
    Apples of most varieties
    Apricots
    Avocado
    Bananas
    Bell Peppers
    Blackberries
    Blueberries
    Cherries
    Cranberries
    Cucumbers
    Dragonfruit [aka: Pitaya]
    Eggplants
    Grapes [ Red and White ]
    Greapfruit
    Lemons
    Limes
    Oranges
    Peaches
    Pears
    Plums
    Pumpkins
    Squash
    Strawberries
    Sweet and regular Corns
    Tangerines
    Tomatillos
    Tomatoes

Legumes:

Black-Eyed Peas
    Common Bean [aka: Pinto Beans]
    Grean Beans
    Lima Beans
    Peas
    Peanuts
    Soybeans

Spices:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_herbs_and_spices

She has a large storehouse where she stores all her dried spices and food, and does it all herself. It is very difficult to find a spice she does not have. Ask for it, and she'll tell you if she has any.

The Farm is centered around Knack's home. A two story building with 7 total bedrooms, 5 being on the second floor, Knack prefers to stay on the ground level in the second smallest room in a nest made of hay, sprinkled with lavender.

To the left of the house is the gigantic storehouse, which towers over even the house. The front door is a slider, and the entrance area has a small hatstand. Centered in the storehouse are three tables about the size of a picnic table. The rest is taken up by tall shelves with large containers for all of his food and spices.

To the left of the storehouse is a water driven mill, fed from an underground spring that gets its strength from the lake, which then feeds into the farm's rivulets.

To the right of the house is a large barn that houses Knack's tools, though they only take up a very small portion of the barn. Se has yet to find any other use for it.
    Last edited by sildra45; 2012-07-31 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Character update

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Name: Smoothie.
    Appearance:
    Skills: Magic largely, but she's also very good at singing. Although you'd rarely be able to tell because she doesn't like doing it in Public.
    Biography: Has never liked attention and probably never will like it. Has always enjoyed studying magic and has occasionally asked Twilight Sparkle for help once she finally came to Ponyville. For one of her birthdays she finally tried Soft Serve's specialty drink the Soft Serve. That did not end well and she is forbidden from getting hopped up on Sugar/Caffeine from now on.
    Personality: Is a bit of a recluse. She doesn't like large crowds and will tend to avoid any event that puts a lot of attention on her.
    Relationships: For Right now, just her immediate family (Which at the moment, Soft Serve is the only one in the RP) and Pinkie Pie.
    Cutie Mark:A wizard hat like the one she sometimes wears.
    Berserk Button: Don't mess with the hat.

Permanently gone from Equestria. Never coming back.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2013-07-14 at 09:24 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Dr. Cunning Magic

"I'm sorry, it appears your illness is magical in nature. Allow me to refer you to an expert cunning pony on the subject...*slips on hat* Ok, now we're ready to fix you up."

Appearance: Cunning Magic is a purple unicorn with a wavy, sort of crinkly, white mane. He's a bit small for a stallion, but seems to carry himself with a deep natural pride and grace. He's got green eyes that stand out against the darkness of his coat, light and almost electric. He often wears a black tophat, tilted at a jaunty angle. His cutie mark is a Rod of Asclepius, a golden staff with a stylized black snake wrapped up around it. The snake's head faces outward, staring at people with black eyes from his flank.

Biography: He was born in Bridle Shores, which, in his youth, had a Zebra witch doctor living in the woods and mountains. He was orphaned at a young age, and taken in by the zebra, Zeonna, as an apprentice, for she thought his destiny was there. He vanished from the view of the town, except for when he was helping her heal those wounded by magic and spirits. He loved it, and was good at it...But once he had learned all she could teach, his cutiemark did not appear. The colt wandered out, trying to find his destiny after it refused him. He studied abroad, rekindling his love of healing people through studies in medicine. He thought that this, too, was his destiny. He managed to become a doctor without his cutiemark appearing. At last he became fed up: he refused to accept that the things he loved, the things that spoke to his soul, weren't enough. He told the heavens that he was going to be a doctor, and a witch doctor, and he was going to save lives -- and they could just go eff themselves. This was exactly what he needed all along.

Now he's come back to the land of his birth to take up his practices.

Personality: He's a wry, ironic sort of guy. He's very fond of sarcasm, and not very fond of revealing vulnerability. He's very deeply centered, and takes little signs and omens very seriously. He tends to get cocky and over-estimate himself, but he's usually determined enough to see it through. There's more to him to see later.

Relationships: He has a black snake, which has no clear name. He says giving it a name would be lessening its power...Or something. The snake is fairly harmless, and helps stock him in anti-venom.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

14. - Top - End - #254
    Princessdarkgri
    Guest in the Playground

Name: Mocha Splash
    Appearance: This caring filly is an earth pony who is ungainly, enthusiastic, energetic, and silly. Her coat is coffee-colored. She has a mane that is yellow, and it reminds you of a flowing cape. Her eyes are green. Her mark is a bird.
    Skills: Makes good coffee and tea. She also likes to sometimes bake, though her baking isn't nearly as good as most other ponies with the talent. Other wise, she loves art and sometimes makes art. Her hobby is putting together any paper, or real life puzzle, and figuring out things most of the time.
    Personality: Mocha Splash is slightly clumsy, ungainly. She is silly, and likes to be funny and make people laugh. At times, she can be sensitive and repetitive. She is always energetic, and occasionally comes up with brilliant ideas, or fun activity and events to do. She can sometimes get lonely if by herself for too long, so most of the time you'll catch her hanging around with a couple other ponies. All in all, she's sweet, caring, supportive, and silly.
    Relationships: She's acquainted to almost all ponies, though she seems to like Soft Serve quite a lot, along with a couple others.
    Berserk Button: Stepping on her tail.
    Cutie Mark: A white Bird

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Would you mind changing the words before the colons to bold? It makes the post easier for everypony to read.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-04-10 at 01:37 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Bugbear in the Playground

Name: Eric
    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Orange unicorn pony with short black mane and tail. Has a keytar cutie mark and black eyes. Like to flirt with the ladies.

Skills:

Music: A+
    Romance: A
    Singing: A
    Drama: A
    Storytelling/Lore: A
    Acting: A-
    Dancing: A-
    Speed: A-
    Fencing: B+
    Knowledge: B+
    Diplomacy: B
    Physical Conditioning: B-
    Endurance: C+
    Martial Arts: C
    Healing: C
    Cooking: C-
    Magic: C-
    Deception: D-
    Craftsmanship: E
    Mechanics: E

Biography: Eric is a happy-go-lucky kind of guy. He cruises through life in search of the next interesting thing and rarely stays at any one task for very long. Despite this, he's very intelligent and can follow conversation that goes over other ponies' heads. He likes to think of himself as very dashing and a ladies pony.
    Underneath Eric's goofy and flirtatious exterior is a veteran, though not in any way famous, adventurer and combatant. He does a variety of high-level exercises every day to keep himself fit.
    Eric has a fair deal of pain in his past, most of which he, understandably, blames upon his deceased father. Among other things, Eric had to run away from home to attend his dream school, the Manehattan Academy of the Arts. The biggest issue is his estrangement from his beloved older brother, something which weighs heavily on him. He both awaits and dreads the day the two meet again.

Personality: Very laid back and cheerful. Flirtatious, but also dependable and kind. Will not hesitate to help a friend in need.

Relationships:

Acquaintances: Every pony he's met so far
    Casual Friendships: Soft Serve, Purple Pepper, Floppy Disk, Atreyu.
    Close Friendships: Some unnamed former adventuring buddies (they write each other).
    Family: Roy (Older Brother, have not seen each other in years), Julia (Younger Sister, lives elsewhere), Parents (deceased)
    Intimate Friendships: Currently between girlfriends, though he's looking to fix that.

Cutie Mark: Keytar
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-04-30 at 09:42 PM.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Name: Spark Chaser

Appearance: His coat is firebrick red whilst his mane is a shade of burnt orange. He has a goldenrod colored stripe in his mane. Pegasus Pony.

Cutie Mark: Two stylized lighting bolts (however it is fake)

Personality: Hot-headed, rambunctious, dense, childish (even if he thinks he's mature). Prone to crushes on older mares, fretful when it comes to others coming close to discovering his secret. Gets flustered easily.

Skills: Running really fast. Endurance and strength as he does his morning stamina building/muscle strengthening exercises as described in one past post.

Biography: Used to be the cool colt at his old school, until his little sister Cloud started school, that's when other foals made fun of her wall-eyedness. By default they made fun of him as she was his sister. They eventually moved away and came to Bridle Shores. He's another pony with a dad who walked out on their life.

Relationships

Current Older Mare Crush: Icy Touch :P

Acquaintances: Magnolia, Soft (though in his head its in Intimate Friendships) Silvermane (His old flame, at least in his head).
    Casual Friendships: Mr Knack Tinker, Dawn Blossom, Pyrite, Charger, Smoothie.
    Close Friendships:
    Intimate Friendships: None, he's just a little colt, even if he crushes easily on older mares.
    Family:Cloud, and his mama, he loves them very much.
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-08-08 at 11:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

Name: Muse
    Appearance:
    Muse has a pale cream colored coat with a blonde mane and tail. He also has shiny white teeth, and electric blue eyes. His cutie mark is an old Greek harp.
    Skills: Playing classical/Orchestral instruments.
    Biography: Muse used to be part of a traveling pony-orchestra that traveled from town to town and played different pieces of classical music for them. His parents shipeed off to find a different continent to stay on soon after he left, effectively blocking most of his communication with them, so you could say Muse dislikes spending time around parents. Muse has no other siblings. After about a year, Muse grew tired of repeatedly moving, and has now come to Bridle shores to try and settle down, at least for a while.
    Personality: Muse is not a very athletic pony, as in you won't really see him gallop, pretty much ever. He enjoys classic music (surprise surprise) and dislikes more modern music that is played today, like rock. He's also not very social, considering he hasn't really had much experience of bein able to keep friends.
    Relationships: None.
    Last edited by Gimliggamer; 2011-04-11 at 08:44 PM.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Purple Pepper

Picture by azuyomi244

Nick name Double P or Dub P
    Gender Female
    Type Earth pony
    Appearance A pony with a purple coat, black mane (with bright violet highlights), and green eyes.
    Cutie mark A purple pepper with large smile on it.
    Special Skill Suggestion of the best action.
    Other Skills She is a great waitress and cook. Purple can use her talent to suggest meals. She also is a decent singer and an excellent dancer. Purple is also talented ar extreme sports like skating and snowboarding.
    Hometown Fillydephia
    Personality An eccentric pony, Purple is known for being unpredictable. She will say anything or do anything if she sees fun or funny in her future. Purple is also very wacky and will do crazy things a normal pony wouldn't think of. Purple is also a prankster and will play tricks on her friends. Purple is a rebel too and is hard to control. She would be fired from all her jobs if her family didn't protect her so much.

Purple is also a true party pony. She loves to dance and sing. Dub P wishes the town had a true nightclub like larger cities. She has a reputation of being promiscuous in those cities due to she being seen leaving clubs with both mares and stallions. This isn't true as she is very loyal to whoever she is a relationship with and will snap if called loose.
    Relationships
    Grills: He is her current employer. Due to his closeness to her family, she thinks of him as another older brother.
    Eric: He is her current pony of interest. She loves to dance and he plays music.
    Soft Serve: She admires her popularity and kindness. Purple is also very slightly attracted to her.
    Fox Trot: The pony dancer shares the party pony's love of dance.
    Last edited by Orzel; 2011-06-10 at 10:49 AM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #260

DrowGirl

:O I have found an awesome thread. My friend hooked me to the show.

Name: Whirlybird

Appearance: A black pegasus with a blue eyes and a green tail and a short green mane. Her cutie mark is a white whirlwind with a white feather on either side of it.

Skills:
    During the day Whirlybird may appear slow and sluggish on ground and in the air, but that's because she usually sleeps through most of it, spending her nights fully away ans soaring through the night sky at great speeds, though her agility could use some work, as she has problems with sudden stops or turns. She also has a strong kick.

Personality: Whirlybird prefers the company of animals instead of other ponies, and at first only says as few words as nesscecary to other ponies, but of company persists they'll find her talking at great lengths. While she may act like she wishes to be left alone, she chooses to stay close to the town, where other ponies could happen upon her.

Whirlybird is also quite a curious filly that can't help but investigate something strange, and has a competative streak, becoming overly aggressive if her flying skills are mocked.

Biography: Whirlybird is a traveler, setting off from her hometown about a year after gaining her cutie mark, and has been moving from place to place wanted to see new and exciting locations, ponies, and animals. Her social skills are poor, and she doesn't seem like she read. Her newest 'home' is a large nest in a big, sturdy evergreen oak tree a stone's throw from Bridle Shores.

Relationships: Whirlybird hasn't really introduced herself to the people of Bridle Shores yet.

Cutie Mark: A white whirldwind with a wite feather on either side of it
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2011-04-11 at 09:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261

Name: Roy
    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

A muscular blue earth pony with a brown tail and shaved mane. Carries a HUGE sword and his cutie mark is a shield with a stick on it.

Skills:

Physical Conditioning: A+
    Swordplay: A+
    Strength: A+
    Endurance: A
    Intelligence: A
    Strategy: A
    Leadership: A
    Intimidation: A-
    Knowledge: A-
    Martial Arts: B+
    Diplomacy: B
    Speed: B-
    First Aid: C
    Cooking: C-
    Craftsmanship: D
    Deception: E
    Mechanics: E
    Magic: F

Biography: Roy is a very responsible person and dedicated to doing good with his life. He has little love for his late father, as the man judged people, especially his own children, on their ability in magic, a field in which Roy had no talent. He and his father had a falling out when Roy decided to take the family's ancestral sword and go to the Warrior's Academy of Canterlot against the wishes of his father, who insisted that Roy would graduate over his dead body (a claim that would come true when Roy's father died from old age just before Roy's graduation). He recieved a message from his father prior to the latter's death which seems to have caused Roy to distance himself from his family for over five years. His mother also passed away three years ago.

Over those years, Roy's adventures have become the things of local legend and he is considered one of the greatest warriors in all of Equestria, as well as one of the greatest heroes. He is now looking for information on his remaining family in order to reconnect with them.

Personality: Roy is a very dedicated individual. Generally selfless and straight-laced, he embodies the perfect warrior. He is also much more intelligent than many people would give him credit for, and takes exception to the assumption that he is not an intelligent person. He is also very witty and prone to lambasting people with sarcastic comments when he feels they deserve it. Roy loves his siblings greatly, and his greatest regret is the circumstances which has led to their current estrangement.

Relationships:

Acquaintances: Too many to list.
    Casual Friendships: Many, all across Equestria.
    Close Friendships: Several, though none that reside in Bridle Shores as of now.
    Family: Eric (Younger Brother, have not seen each other in years), Julia (Younger Sister, attends and lives at the Equestria Magic Academy), Parents (deceased)
    Intimate Friendships: A flutter pony named Celia. (if anyone wants to play her, feel free. Otherwise it will likely be a long-distance relationship)

Cutie Mark: Shield with a stick on it.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-04-30 at 09:41 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: Cotton Sable

Appearance:

Skills: Telling jokes and she sings a little as well, but not too often unless she's alone

Biography: Cotton Sable has never really had any real friends due to the fact that a lot of her jokes are corny and other ponies just see her as a weird girl for it. Now... she has moved to Bridle Shores in hopes of making a fresh start and to make some friends for once in her life. She's.... keeping her hooves crossed that she doesn't drive people away with he corny jokes.

Personality: She is very kind, but kind of naive and easily tricked. She thinks she would enjoy hanging out with friends if she actually HAD any.

Relationships: None, besides the one with her parents. She has no friends.

Cutie Mark: A smiley face
    Last edited by Sable; 2011-04-24 at 06:11 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Name: Silverpine

Appearance: Light orange earth pony, with silver mane and tail. Average build for a colt. His cutie mark is an open book.

Skills: Teacher

Biography: Hailing from the fringe town of Ponyton, Silverpine has always been fascinated by the world beyond the limits of his small town. Being an avid reader, he always imagined himself going on grand adventures and exploring the world like Marco Pony.

Silverpine was delighted when he finally managed to land a place in the Stalliongrad's Institute of Teaching. However his laidback nature was a liability in the fastpaced world of big cities, and he soon found himself barely graduating. Coupled with an incident in his hometown he was none too keen to confide to anyone, Silverpine's dream began to show cracks.

Being assigned to one of Stalliongrad's worst school was an eye-opener. Surrounded by delinquents of every kind who have little interest in studying, he soon became disillusioned and requested a transfer to the nearest small town available. Which happened to be Bridle Shores.

Personality: Silverpine has a laidback attitude, bordering on outright lazy. He has a good-tempered nature, tempered by a surprisingly cynical attitude towards life.

Relationships (current): Friends with Minstrone, Marcia, and Chance. Acquainted with most other ponies in town.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-19 at 09:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

NameMoonlight Mystery

Skills Deduction, Clue-finding, Inner Monologues

Appearance Mystery's a white earth pony with a dark grey mane and tail. She has a shorter spikey-cut mane, giving her a slightly masculine, adventurous look. One of Mystery's eyes is grey, but the other is a piercing blue. Her cutiemark is a large magnifying glass with a stylized eye in the center of it. She wears a dark grey Fedora and a grey-green trenchcoat.

Personality Mystery is something of a cynic, the sort you get when you break a romantic's heart enough. She's a little bit bitter about the world, which gave her a talent and then made it useless to her. On the other hand, investigating *is* her talent. When the opportunity comes up, she rushes into it with the eagerness of a filly. She's decisive, deductive, and clever when she's working, and it's authentically something she can not run away from.
    She admires Noir-style detectives greatly, wanting to have that effortless, tarnished coolness... But the world isn't like that, hence her real bitterness and loss. Still, she keeps a monologue running, and despairs that the world isn't that way. She has a weakness for Root Beer, which she drinks in shot glasses or from a flask she keeps in her trenchcoat.

Biography Moonlight Mystery was born to two middle-class earth ponies in the city of Manehatten. After too many detective stories, she eventually tried to set up a detective agency in the city... And it failed. She was quietly laughed out of town, sold the office to recoup her debts...And took out a loan to buy another office in Bridle Shores. Because she can't give it up. Of course, this is a small town. No murders. No kidnappings. Maybe some lost pets... She knows she's wasting here, but she can't give it up.

Relationships She essentially treats Soft as her barkeep. She also dated Eric, back in the city. Despite what she says, she has no hard feelings.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-04-26 at 03:58 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

@Deme: The New York Equestrian Equivalent City is Manehatten
    Last edited by Orzel; 2011-04-26 at 04:13 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

@^ That is true.

Also, saving this post for the Mayor of Ponyville.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

27. - Top - End - #267

Name: Julia
    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

A pretty forest green unicorn pony with brown eyes who likes wearing skirts. The skirts tend to cover up her cutie mark.

Skills:

Intelligence: A+
    Research: A+
    Magic: A (and climbing)
    Seduction: A
    Knowledge: A-
    Cooking: B+
    Craftsmanship: B
    Deception: B
    Diplomacy: B-
    Speed: C+
    Mechanics: C
    Strategy: C
    Dancing: C-
    Physical Conditioning: D+
    Martial Arts: D
    Endurance: D
    Strength: D-
    Healing: E
    Swordplay: E

Biography: Julia is the youngest of three siblings by eight years, and has lived at the Equestria Magic Academy (The boarding school attached to the university by the same name) for several years. Both of her parents are deceased and her older siblings have graduated their respective universities. About a year and a half ago, she was a victim in a kidnapping plot against her older brother and his band of adventurers.

She was a consummate daddy's girl growing up, as her father valued magical talent very highly and she was the only one of his children that showed both talent and interest in the subject. She was not, however, blind to the way that her father ignored her older brothers who both showed other interests, and has some unresolved guilt issues over this fact. Oddly enough, it is her brothers that she owes her sense of morality to more than her father.

Personality: Julia is a beauty queen capable of wrapping men around her hooves, and she knows it. Despite this, her family managed to raise her with a firm set of morals that she sticks to despite frequent temptation otherwise. She has had numerous arguments with her siblings and friends in the past, but would stand by them against any threat in a heartbeat.

She has a fairly intense dislike for spoiled brats, which may potentially be attributed to the realization that she could have very well been one herself if her upbringing had been different.

In addition, she's shown an increased interest in the martial aspects of magic, as well as taken to daily physical exercise, since her kidnapping.

Relationships:

Acquaintances: Classmates.
    Casual Friendships: Several classmates.
    Close Friendships: A few close female classmates.
    Family: Roy (Eldest Brother), Eric (Older Brother), Parents (deceased)
    Intimate Friendships: None. Has casually dated a few times, but nothing serious.

Cutie Mark: A trio of magic missiles, usually hidden by her skirt.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-04-30 at 09:41 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Name: Fawn
    Type: Deer (Doe)
    Appearance: Tan coat with white underside, bluish-gray eyes
    Cutie Mark: None ... not sure if deer lack them or if she's just still a blank flank
    Special Talent: Caring for the forest
    Other Skills: Fairly agile and athletic
    Flaws: Anything involving cultured society. Heck, put her in a building and she won't know what to do.
    Biography: Fawn grew up in the forest with her family, always moving with the seasons. Recently, her family has moved into the woods near Bridal Shores, where they will be staying for some time.
    Personality: Fawn is an innocent little fawn, curious about the world. Far too curious, by the standards of her family, who have always said to never leave the forest or approach pony civilization. However, Fawn is about to let her curiosity get the better of her.....
    Relationships: She has a sister and a mother, and runs with the rest of her herd.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-04-28 at 10:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Name: Sunny Wonders
    Type: Pegasus
    Appearance: Grey coat with a red mane like AppleBloom's, and a big bow. One of her eyes is red and the other is blue.
    Cutie Mark: None. She's too young.
    Special Talent: Getting into trouble.
    Other Skills: She can move each of her eyes independently of the other, and she's pretty sturdy for a pegasus.
    Flaws: Curiosity and nosiness. She's also really bad at comprehending what somepony is implying. As Trobby would say "You have to drop a brick in front of her to get her to notice gravity"
    Biography: Sunny Wonders and her mother (Name undecided) have moved into Bridle shores because it looks like a nice place to settle down. Her mom moved here from Ponyville so that she doesn't have to be reminded every day of a few mistakes she made in her past.
    Personality: Always looks on the bright side of things even when it doesn't look like there is one. If it looks like there isn't one, she finds one. The best way to describe her would be, if she were to have a choice between a glass half full and a glass half empty she'd say "Hey, this isn't my glass! My glass was full! And it was bigger!"
    Relationships: She has a good relationship with her mother and father. currently only really friends with Soft Serve
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-05-30 at 08:28 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Halfling in the Playground

Name: Chance Links

Appearance: His coat is as black as the deepest night sky, his mane is a vivid, electric blue streaked with lighter blue. He usually keeps his mane and tail well brushed. He bears a facial scar and walks with a noticeable limp.

Skills:

A Teleporting (sort of)
    A Telekinesis
    A Luck (sort of)
    B Cleaning Magic
    A++ Hoof-in-Mouth
    C Social skills
    F Cooking
    A+ Setting fire to something he tried to cook
    A+ Fleeing from said fire
    A+ Not being allowed to cook (for reals; keep him away from a kitchen)
    C Telling jokes
    B Socializing
    F Farming (food in general just seems to not like him)

For some reason whenever he uses magic his horn doesn't glow. Nopony so far has been able to ascertain why.

He's a good teleporter, but on occasion he won't quite make his target. Usually this is because his luck is kicking in. In any case, whenever he 'ports out he leaves a cotton-candy scented greenish mist where he was and a cascade of chocolate chips wherever he arrives.

Biography: Chance was born and raised in Elsewhere, far on the West coast of Equestria. When he was just a colt, he fell off of a rope bridge and into a river. He would have went over the edge of a waterfall, but fortunately his head got stuck between a pair of rocks (earning him his facial scar) and he remained pinned long enough for help to arrive in the form of Ghost Flower, a pegasus pony who would soon become his childhood sweetheart.

It was then that he received his cutie mark: a pair of dice. He would later go on to learn that he had amazing luck, albeit a very 'dirty' form of luck. For every wonderful boon, he seemed to suffer somehow for it. Most of the time it was harmless, like the incident where he fell down some stairs at a party and crashed into the banquet table, spilling punch all over his favorite shirt. The next day at the tailor's shop he met a colt named Whisper; the two became fast friends.

And then there were some not-so-harmless incidences, like the time he 'discovered' a wealth of gems when the ground he was standing on gave way, dropping him into a gem-filled cave. On two separate occasions.

In both incidences he suffered a broken leg and thus he walks with a limp. Still, he used the money wisely to ensured that he and his family would have money for a good long while by using it to open up a bakery...that he promptly gave to one of his sisters, Slinky.

A few years ago he was struck by wanderlust and decided to leave his home, so he made preparations, said farewell to his loved ones, then began hoofing it across Equestria.

Personality: Chance is fairly laid-back and quiet at times. He can be sociable, or he can just sit back and pony-watch; it really depends on his mood. Ponies usually mistake his default expression as being sad but truth be told he's usually just lost in thought while not engaging anypony in conversation.

Relationships: His older sisters, Slinky and Inky are twins. Slinky runs the bakery now while Inky is Elsewhere's librarian. Ghost Flower and he stopped seeing one another romantically, but they are still friends. He and Whisper are still close, and keep in touch as best they are able.

Cutie Mark: A pair of six-sided dice.

Edit: I added cleaning magic since, thinking about him a little more it makes sense. His unique brand of luck often causes a mess, so it would stand to reason that he'd develop a knack for tidying up after himself.
    Last edited by The Endbringer Xaraphim; 2011-04-29 at 12:00 PM.