New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 31

Thug Hideout

((You can choose whatever you want. Their wiry, matted fur is any shade of grey or white or black, and they're already much larger than normal wolfhounds, which are much larger than most other dogs. In fact, they're the tallest dogs on record.

The wolfhounds can teleport short distances, make people want to hunt with them, breath the green fire, which instead of burning things just eats at them and removes them from reality at the same speed fire would burn it, they can run about as fast as your average motorcycle goes at top speed, they are much stronger than they should be, more than enough to knock an orc to the ground, and most nonmagical things that touch their fur when they don't want to be touched turn into that strange, ashy smoke stuff.))

The wolf smiles at being picked. And is now yours to godmod as you please. The hounds are fiercely loyal, and will not tolerate anyone hurting Harnel or doing great evil, though they themselves can be rather savage beasts.

The man smiles even wider.
    "Then...he...she...I don't really check the sexes when I get them, but it's yours. Now, I must tend to the other Hunters."
    The man sweeps his cloak, and suddenly the bodies and other people and hounds are gone, as well as the man.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Arkham Street - Ward Cemetery]

Zee scowls at the burning arachnids. Hopefully there won't be any more of those.

The room that opens up before the party is... rather simple, really. And just one single room at that. As though the whole house had been gutted of walls. No furniture to speak of. Nothing left. Aside from a number of flickering green light bulbs hung from electrical wires. A few rugs seem to have been left behind. The floor a bit scuffed up from sliding heavy objects around. Some mud tracked in...

But other than that?

Nothing at all of note. How very odd.

[Generic Street - Residential District]

The Horror gets its antenna blasted to bits! It's blind without them!

Or... well... it was blind to begin with. But now it can't really smell or feel, either. The monster begins to flail around violently, flinging streams of radiation every which way!

[Overgrown Streets]

Rebonack is getting swarmed by plant things! Most of the random vegetation just plinks off his armor ineffectually, acidic or not. Though that giant tentacle might be an issue.

And sadly that disintegration ray of his takes a while to recharge. The weapon disassembles as the Cobalt Knight pulls his battle axe out. The head of which looks strangely like a spinning cog. Which in turn has smaller spinning cogs between each tooth. Which in turn has smaller spinning cogs between each tooth. And so on down beyond the Plank scale. Because magic stuff loves to give physics the finger!

Suffice to the buzz-saw axe cuts things really well. Rebonack will be more than pleased to demonstrate this to the tentacle should the need arise.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Overgrown Streets

The tree trunk-thick tentacle made out of webbing and tipped with an organically grown stone spike (that's right, there are plants that can grow stones on them!) stabs at the cobalt knight!

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Thug Hideout

((Eeeeeeeexcellent ))

Standing now along in the empty hideout with his new dog, Eric will do the first thing that occurs to him - check his dog's sex.

It's a male.

Well, now that that's out of the way, he says to the wolfhound, "Alright. you need a name... I think I'll call you... Woden, after a god that takes part in the wild Hunt." He looks at the matted blood on both of them, and rolls his eyes, "Come on. Let's get ourselves cleaned up before someone screams bloody murder."

Instead, Woden rolls onto his back so that Eric can scratch his tummy.

"...Fine. But only for a little while. We really do need to get going." Eric will stay there for a while, rubbing the huge dog's belly, before leaving, Woden trailing behind, back where he was going before this whole fiasco began

((And that about wraps up this segment))
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-03-27 at 12:23 AM. Reason: typos
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt checks the ceiling for any more surprises first. Then starts looking for trapdoors in the floor, moving around slowly and tapping with his foot. Following the mud tracks if they lead anywhere past the entranceway. Moving every rug to check under them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    As soon as Jack mentions souls, Jezebel speaks up. "No. Our souls belong to Slaanesh, and no one else. As for Juan, no one controls him. He is here of his own will. Do not mistake me being the leader, and in charge, for control. As you've been informed, freedom of choice is a large ideal here." She tells them.

Juan smirks at Xifra. "Perhaps, but so do you if I recall correctly."
    "Then what the hell do you have to offer me?" Jack says to Jezebel, glancing irritably at Juan and Xifra. "I mean, immortality. Magical defenses. My own personal powers. I don't give these things away very often."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-03-27 at 12:12 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril starts searching too, flipping back the rugs on the floor. He's also got that elvish knack for finding hidden doorways, if that's of any importance.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

[Generic Street - Residential District]

Well, that makes fighting it somewhat easier, but it also makes it a lot more dangerous to everything around it. Great.
    Grace slips behind a building as she tries to plan her next move, also letting the electricity recharge around her trident. Maybe if she could get it to stop moving, that would at least limit the damage somewhat...

Celestial Dynamics - Grace's Office

The sound of footsteps may break Eric's concentration. One of the shadows now appears to be just outside the door... and then it opens.

Into Grace's office steps a slender woman wearing a black robe. She gives a smile with bright red lips as she moves towards Eric.
    "I thought I had heard someone in here. Where is Grace?"

9. - Top - End - #279

But it isn't a secret door!

It's a trap door!

Those are totally different things.

After a bit of searching Raril and Rein will actually stumble upon the exact same thing! Under one of the rugs, near several scratches in the floor, they'll find a trap door! Though there doesn't appear to be any way to lift it up. At least not obviously.

Maybe it only opens from the inside?

Worth fiddling with at least.

Zee, meanwhile, is prodding one of those green lightbulbs with a finger. This in turn is causing to it to sway back and forth. Apparently she finds this rather amusing.

[Overgrown Streets]

Yep.

Demonstration time.

Rebonack darts to the side, swinging his axe in a wide arc as he does so. Given the nasty artifact weapon's nature there's a pretty decent chance that it'll cleanly sheer through the tendril.

Especially since the head of the axe just increased in size dramatically.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Overgrown Streets

The front end of the tentacle is shorn clean off and sails over the edge of the roof! The body, however, continues to try to smash the cobalt knight!

The consumer climbs up over a wall to the knight's left and takes aim with its bio-rifle before firing off a pair of three spike bursts at him, chittering madly! The spikes don't ionize air like the knight's coil-gun does, but they still move fast enough to screw up one's ear drums and punch a hole a wall, as seen earlier, when the consumer used the bio-rifle to punch a big ass hole in a wall!

(Recaiden) He lives!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt kneels down by the trap door to look it over. Odd.
    Well... maybe you're supposed to... push?
    Reinholdt gives it a try. Could be way off, but it might work.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Then what the hell do you have to offer me?" Jack says to Jezebel, glancing irritably at Juan and Xifra. "I mean, immortality. Magical defenses. My own personal powers. I don't give these things away very often."
    Masks

"That's the point."
    The Woman in the Black Mask says. "We like to earn our rewards(Through orgies, drug use, sacrifices and bloodshed, but that's besides the point). To prove ourselves to our Master. And besides, you're lying. There has to be more of a price than just "a small part of our souls". Immortality is too high of a reward for something so simple. What's the real catch?"

13. - Top - End - #283

[Overgrown Streets]

That's what the dodging was for! Slash, dodge, slash some more. The Cobalt Knight has moved himself out of the way of-

Oh ho!

What have we here!

The ugly alien popping up waaay over there and taking aim. Well. See what can be done about that. Rebonack whirls around, bringing his shield to bare the moment the weapon is fired! And the bullets hit the shield!

Wait.

No they don't.

They go flying off into the shield never to be seen again. At least until the Cobalt Knight makes a flourish with his cape and sends the rounds streaking back toward the Consumer. That little trick always resulted in giggles when used against wizards and their silly death rays. The faces they made when they realized there's a hole in their torso were always priceless!

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Overgrown Streets

The consumer shrieks in panic and attempts to dodge the spikes, but one streaks across one of its leg, bringing a shaky, undulating cry of pain, and another blasting through it's lower abdomen!

The alien beastie indignantly clicks something that can be roughly translated as, "You are food, idiot!" and fires off another burst, jumping to the side as it does so!

Shlorkshlorkshlork!

(Recaiden) He lives!

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Masks

"That's the point."
    The Woman in the Black Mask says. "We like to earn our rewards(Through orgies, drug use, sacrifices and bloodshed, but that's besides the point). To prove ourselves to our Master. And besides, you're lying. There has to be more of a price than just "a small part of our souls". Immortality is too high of a reward for something so simple. What's the real catch?"
    "How nice. I like to trade." Jack says, crossing his arms. He shoots a glance at the woman, a bit annoyed. "Maybe I'm just giving you better than I got. I've made some crappy deals in my life, lady. Why do you just assume I'm some sort of ****head trying to cheat you?" He pauses, and takes a step towards Juan. Genuinely angry now. "In fact, you all seem to assume something like that. This guy here tried to murder me the first chance he got. I mean, what the hell? Is there some sort of huge agenda against me around here?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #286

[Overgrown Streets]

Rebonack already knows that he can endure a few shots from that weapon when his armor is at full strength. He takes the rounds just to screw with the disgusting bleeder.

Three craters are blasted in Winds of Mechius, two in the torso and one in the shoulder. Seeing the alien hurling itself around on top of the building to avoid reprisal Rebonack sneers to himself as he makes another flourish of the cape, this time pulling it around himself and-!

The cape just folded into itself and vanished.

Only to wink back in standing in the path of the alien's leap! Rebonack grips the haft of his axe with both hands and swings with all of his not at all inconsiderable might, aiming to use both his own strength and the alien's momentum against it.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Overgrown Streets

The alien lets loose a howl of surprise and pain as it is blocked off and lose two of its legs! It writhes about on the ground, its strange, silvery white blood spraying about the place and...
    Bursting into flames?
    The consumer's blood bursts into flames after a few seconds contact with oxygen!
    The bio-rifle lashes out on its own, now, its mouth extending to bite at the cobalt knight and firing spikes on its own at him!

(Recaiden) He lives!

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "How nice. I like to trade." Jack says, crossing his arms. He shoots a glance at the woman, a bit annoyed. "Maybe I'm just giving you better than I got. I've made some crappy deals in my life, lady. Why do you just assume I'm some sort of ****head trying to cheat you?" He pauses, and takes a step towards Juan. Genuinely angry now. "In fact, you all seem to assume something like that. This guy here tried to murder me the first chance he got. I mean, what the hell? Is there some sort of huge agenda against me around here?"
    Masks

"Generally, you don't ask someone you're arguing with, to "Go ahead and do something about it"" Juan says with a sneer.

"Besides, wouldn't you question someone who decides to give you immortality and other unsaid powers for nearly nothing?"
    She asks. "We've learned the hard way to always distrust things that come too easy."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

"I could try blasting it open?" Raril suggests. "Or maybe there's a switch or something somewhere." He tries tugging on one of the lightbulbs. Here's hoping he won't electrocute himself.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

20. - Top - End - #290

Masks

"A wanted a fight, you idiot." Jack says, frowning at Juan distastefully. "Not a bloodbath. You went to slit my throat about two seconds in, remember?"

Then the woman speaks again. He looks at her, and the hollow man actually smiles. He breaks out laughing. "Oh, she thinks dozens of soul-slivers are nothing. That's... that's a riot. Man, you don't even know what you're talking about."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #291

[Overgrown Streets]

The rifle biting the Knight's armor... probably won't do very much. But who knows! It might have super sharp teeth! But unless it has some impressive jaw strength to go along with those sharp teeth it'll be a fruitless exercise.

One of the doom-spikes manages to strike Rebonack in more or less the same spot his armor had been damaged before, breaching the protective shell and ripping into-!

A coursing mass of pure semi-fluid arcane energy. Inside the armor is nothing more than a seething riot of blue-white power. Power scarcely contained and controlled by the terrible will that holds it coherent. That gives it purpose and direction.

And where the round ripped into that energy?

An inky black void that tugs at the mind should the eye linger on it too long.

With a ferocious kick Rebonack will aim to knock the bio-rifle away as his helm disassembles and peels back, revealing more of that burning blue-white power shaped into a roughly egg-like head. The point of which just ripped apart into a leering, jagged maw.

Then he speaks, his voice modified by the magic of Tongues into the alien's own language. His message?

"Welcome to the Nexus you ugly bastard."

The Disintegrate cannon is fired at point-black range.

The lightbulb is pulled!

A clicking sound is made, followed by the groan of gears and machinery. The trap door, and several feet of solid stone below it, slide away revealing the dark bit below.

Iron bars driven into the shaft serve as an easy means to climb into the gloom.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Masks

"You would do well to remember your place here, Jack. If Juan nearly killed you, alone, how do you think you'll fare against all of us?"
    Jezebel warns threateningly. "And in the scheme of things? Offering all of us immortality, for that tiny soul shard, is both too much of a price, and too little. We aren't morons, Jack. It'd give you a good measure of control over what we do, but it's too little of a price to pay for something like that."

23. - Top - End - #293

Masks

"You think I was really fighting there? Boy, could I show you a thing or two." Jack says, glancing between Juan and Jezebel. Though his grin dampens a bit as she threatens him. "Oh, lighten up. I wanted a quick brawl. And again, I don't want to control you. Soul shards are a commodity, a building material, lots of things." A power source, too, but he doesn't mention that. Instead, he sighs. "Gods. The way you all act, I really am beginning to think you're arbitrarily against me."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-03-27 at 01:31 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Overgrown Streets

The bio-rifle sprouts some legs and crawls off.
    The hatchling consumer is destroyed.
    Explosively. The disintegration reaction has a similar effect to the one it had on the plant.

Elsewhere, in space, the progenitor and shaper of that seed and its gene-codes screams in fury, loathing, and lament.

The first Nexus casualty of this new alien race has been scattered throughout the atmosphere. Some far-off alien council makes its final decision.

The baby-murdering ship attackers have shown limited signs of intelligence, and greater signs of savagery and violence. They pollute their world and kill their kin. They do not deserve this sphere. They will be purged.

The war will begin.

(Recaiden) He lives!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril looks down, pleasantly surprised. "Hey, it worked." the drow moves to climb down the shaft. He figured he'd be best taking point in a tunnel.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Above the Overgrown Streets]

"Now that, is a fascinating creature..."
    The plants appear to be some aberration, or perhaps extraterrestrial organism. They possess mildly interesting weaponry, but do not appear to be particularly threatening beyond those.

That blue creature, however. It is displaying very intriguing properties.
    She suspects there is an element of mockery in most of its combat maneuvers, but lack of prior information prevents her from being positive.
    What she is positive of, is that the being is far from ordinary, and is likely completely unique.

There are secrets to be learned here...

The woman in the black dress, above the seemingly now-ended fight, flicks a small spark down towards the Cobalt Knight, Rebonack.
    Its purpose is to hopefully attach to his armor at some point, to be used as a tracer tag of sorts.

Meanwhile, the woman makes her self scarce and will be gone.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    MagMart

Harnel will start collecting anything Iggy picks off the shelves in his arms. If it gets to be too much for his arms, he'll use his coat as an impromptu bag
    ((Sorry about the wait, I missed your post.))

Harnel will also receive a multi-purpose tool belt from the shelves, with Iggy occasionally leaping from one side of the aisle to the other to get what he wants.

When Harnel has so much stuff that it's slightly awkward to carry it all, but not so difficult as to constantly be dropping it, Iggy will climb down off of the shelves and turn towards the exit.

Alright, let's go. He says.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt manages to avoid falling in. Pushing. What was he thinking?
    He'll follow after Raril, second in line as they go down. Briefly wondering how a mad scientist with an injured shoulder would get a cadaver and a machine down here while on the run.

Probably with help from that... thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Masks

Xifra continues to trace her fingers over Jack's spine. (Not that he has an actual spine, but the place on his shell that corresponds to where a spine would be...) As tempers heat up, the idle tracing becomes purposeful and she starts to trace a calming rune.

Rather cheeky of her, really. Though she is merely tracing the rune, not adding any power to it. It's more of a form of private communication than an attempt to control him.

"Isn't it a bit premature to negotiate for immortality when the Genestealers are at large?" she says to Juan and the Lady.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post

The sound of footsteps may break Eric's concentration. One of the shadows now appears to be just outside the door... and then it opens.

Into Grace's office steps a slender woman wearing a black robe. She gives a smile with bright red lips as she moves towards Eric.
    "I thought I had heard someone in here. Where is Grace?"

Eric is startled by her arrival, and the pencil descends to the floor. He picks it up and stands up to greet the woman, looking a bit uncomfortable "She's apparently in battle with some kind of giant crap being that summons a rain of cupcakes and irradiates what it fights." This should be easy enough to spot as the truth, as he didn't get all of the vanilla cupcake out of his hair. "I've been trying to keep focused so that I don't worry about her." He does, in fact, look quite worried.
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    ((Sorry about the wait, I missed your post.))

Harnel will also receive a multi-purpose tool belt from the shelves, with Iggy occasionally leaping from one side of the aisle to the other to get what he wants.

When Harnel has so much stuff that it's slightly awkward to carry it all, but not so difficult as to constantly be dropping it, Iggy will climb down off of the shelves and turn towards the exit.

Alright, let's go. He says.
    ((No worries ))

Magmart

And Harnel will find himself yet again being taken along by the little Gremlin. He keeps on carrying everything, even if he wonders at the necessity of it all, and follows behind Iggy
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-03-27 at 09:10 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.