New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 31

EE

"Oh, so not, like, adamant or anything like that?" Crissy asks.

Hotel

Jamie is up and out of bed in a flash.
    "Oh, no! Did I oversleep?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hotel

Delta shakes her head. No, you're fine. I just don't sleep much.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #573
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Riftline]

Well that was enough to give Nephea pause. It was rather awkward for something to go from commanding to pleading. Of course, it generally spoke of who had the power in the given situation. Generally, the ones with real authority didn't beg... Unless they were just toying with everyone else?

In any case Nephea's confused expression would change to a curious one as she puzzled over what would happen if she continued to be defiant. "Um.. No?" she said, the mild uncertainty from the sudden turnaround leaking into her tone.

Just to make it clear, though, she did back up one step from the robotic eye. Might as well make it clear, yes? It was rather windy, though.. And she was much more steady when she presented a smaller profile to the wind.. So at least she would return to sitting. Cross-legged this time with her ears flattened backward to reduce the amount of wind blowing into them.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground

Riftline

The robot hesitates. It has not been programmed for this possibility. It seems it never occurred to Sunny that someone might try to ride on the roof. The security bot is armed with stun beams to incapacitate anyone who is a threat to themselves and others, but that would put the organic being in more danger, not less.

Finally its circuits finish processing, and it rolls out onto the roof to go and sit next to the organic.

Grumpy Observation: Your behaviour is illogical.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #575

[Riftline]

Illogical?

Well this was absolutely perfect! Neph had always wanted to argue over a situation like this! That and the fact that she seems to have met someone new is good as well. "I don't think it's all that illogical if you take a few givens. See, I didn't know what would happen if I said that I didn't want to come down so I decided to make an experiment of it.... Okay, that and I kinda-sorta have this thing against right out commands. 'S part of my upbringing, strange as that sounds. Anyway, so I was curious about something I didn't know and decided to find out. Exploring my world and all that." the catamander said, grinning her fangy grin.

"Oh.. As for being up here in the first place? It's cause it's kinda nice up here. 'Corse, as a matter of opinion, that might sound like it's illogical right up till you think of the fact that people seek out stuff that they like. Makes logical sense, yes. Not rational sense, though."

....Well this was rather surprising. Apparently Nephea was a bit of a thinker on the side. Perhaps it was a good thing, though, rather than letting all that cunning to go to waste.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

Riftline

Query: Do you not care about your personal safety?

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #577

[Riftline]

"Oh I do." Nephea said in a 'matter of fact' tone. "However, I can stick to slippery surfaces pretty easy, though. Isn't it normal...Hmm.. Wrong word..." the catamander said, her expression becoming pensive. "Um.. Normal.. Usual... Ordinary? Ordinary works. Right! Is it out of the ordinary for some people to have powers or abilities around here that would let them to be safe in situations where someone without them would be in danger? Like, if you put it on one of those diagrams.. The one with overlapping circles and named after some guy who's name starts with V. Right, well the safe circle would be larger for these people." the catamander said. Really, it was her ability that let her climb up sheer walls that helped her stay stable. Well, that and not having to drag her weight against gravity. Having gravity work for her helped a lot.

"Though.. I might be a little bit of a thrill-seeker? Maybe not a full fledged adrenalin junkie but I can kinda sympathize."
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2011-03-31 at 09:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

((Gah! Sorry I keep forgetting this. v.v))

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Hotel

Delta shakes her head. No, you're fine. I just don't sleep much.
    "...oh."
    Jamie now looks a little sheepish.
    Then she hurries off to the bathroom.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

Riftline

Opinion: Seeking for thrills is not an optimum behaviour pattern.
    Query: Are you sure you will not come inside?

The robot is staying very very still, and is perfectly centered between the two edges of the train. I think it's scared.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Scrapyard

"Thanks," Phil smiles and Rho withdraws his hand, beeping happily and seeming to smile without a mouth.
    "Rho, show Harnel what I've installed so far."
    Rho nods, turning in his seating, then takes a step back. The plates that are meant to move flip, roll, and slide out of the way, allowing a variety of cameras, power cables, USB ports, areas for hooking up various other electronics, short-barreled guns, some small rockets, smaller robots that can be detached, generators, screens, recording devices , blinking lights, and small motors that seem to be used for control of flight direction. A bigger pair of motors pops out the back, as well as a well-padded seat about Phil's size.
    "He's also got some minor shielding systems, and can see in the entire known electromagnetic spectrum, as well as most radiation types that travel in wave form. I just need to add a voice and finish my networking system so that he can take indirect control of the rest of my robots."
    [scrapyard]

Harnel would whistle in appreciation, but his unique facial structure doesn't allow for that. Instead, he says, "That's impressive. You weren't kidding when you said he's built for combat."

He looks for a moment longer, then turns to Phil, "Could I ask a favor of you?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Sewers

The crap golems do their jobs, and do them well. The bugs near the exit are swallowed up and cannot escape the weight of all that sludge.

The dead consumer pops like the other bugs when lit aflame, and the scorpions are splattered against the walls and floor and set aflame. The bugs in the sewer have been wiped out, it seems those who are already in the city are on their own.
    Sewers

Once they're sure the ones in the room are gone, the remaining Tunnel Rats gather their dead and begin to make their way out.

Yellow Zone-Golems

The last of the large golems are shattered, and several of the smaller ones. Seeing their heavy support dead, the smaller ones start to run from the walkers and towards one of the overgrown streets.

Yellow Zone

The alien laying the mines is crushed, and the mines go off. Instead of explosive charges, though, they release a stasis field. Two of the fleeing alien soldiers are mowed down, and the a third loses his leg and turns around, firing his high-caliber gun at the walker behind its legs, hoping to disable instead of kill. Note that high caliber does not necessarily mean high-power.
    Assuming the stasis field prevents all movement, the walker is frozen in place, and the bullets seem to be causing some minor damage. Depending on how long the field lasts, they may be able to disable at least one of it's legs.

Meanwhile, Viper Leader, on foot, continues to track down the commander.

Main Gate

The tank drivers thank whoever they worship that another salvo of rockets hasn't come down, then curse at the gate's continued existence. Some of them angle their cannons and start randomly firing OVER the wall and into the city, but five get the idea to fire again, waiting to see what happens

Two seven man squads infantry lower their shields and attempt to dig into the walls with their armor's elbow spikes, hoping to climb over the wall, while the others set themselves up in front of the door in a funnel formation meant to make a wedge-shaped charge or flanking maneuver a waste of time. They set up their shields and take careful aim at the wall...
    The ones firing over the wall will find their rounds being stopped by the massive shield covering Inside. The others who fire at the gate, will see it burst open, causing a large cloud of smoke and dust to obscure their vision.

The men climbing the walls won't be attacked as they scale the sides.

Hotel

Jericus looks like he is still asleep, resting on his back.

12. - Top - End - #582

[Riftline]

The patch of fur over Nephea's eyes that would be considered eyebrows furrowed for a moment. "So... What is optimal behavior, then?" the catamander asked. It was true that this wasn't exactly normal for someone to just sit outside the designated area but certainly she could think of comparisons and analogs to other things if given time.

"Though, I don't think I'll be coming down. Not this time at least. I'm taking a personal risk here so whatever happens is my fault. Nothing you need to worry about... If you can worry. Never was clear on that, actually. So many things here are made out of metal and magic and it's really hard to keep track of which kinds have emotions and which ones don't... Are you scared of being up here?" the thief asked, judging by what little body language she could read. It was probably nothing, given that the robot was probably staying still cause it was a robot but she also wasn't sure which of the two kinds of mechanaloid it was.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

Hotel

Jamie takes the opportunity to shower and change for the new day!
    Before emerging. Hungry.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #584
    Troll in the Playground

Riftline

Reply: Optimum behaviour is that which leads towards one's goals without endangering the well-being of any sapient being.

It pauses before answering the second question.

Reply: I am programmed to preserve my own existence.
    Self-observation: There is conflict in my circuits between my present situation and that programming.
    Reluctant admission: That conflict might be analogous to what an organic being would call fear.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Generic Dragon]
    ...And then the platypus said put it on my bill! Char finishes her joke as they are seated at their table. A Troll brings them menus.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

16. - Top - End - #586

[The Generic Dragon]

"But why did the platypus come in riding a giant ant?" Crae asks confusedly, probably having left Delilah outside. Probably. Oh, and he looks at the menu! "Now if only I could figure out whether or not I can read..."
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

17. - Top - End - #587

[Hotel]

Delta will go to shower after Jamie does.

After that, she comes out, already changed to her clothes, though still a little wet.

Should we wake him?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

Hotel

"Um, sure?" Jamie calls, from the kitchen, where she's trying to fix a decent breakfast.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #589

[Riftline]

Well Nephea didn't have anything to say about the first reply. It made sense at least. It was a good ideal, at least. Sure, things wouldn't ever be that perfect but it was always nice to have something to aim for, right?

"So, you can't go back then? I mean, I told you that I know the risks so surely that's enough, right? Or do you have to stay up here till I come down?" the thief asked. Hopefully it was the former. Nephea didn't really expect it to be so. She was also rather wary of this whole 'programming' thing. Sure, it's what gave these machines their 'life' and all but at the same time it seemed like it was an existence of imprisonment. Nephea didn't think she could live even a day like that... Which might explain why she always had a sliver of adamantine hidden on her person in case she needed to saw through a few bars. Of course, if they couldn't feel emotions then maybe that would put a different perspective on things? Maybe not getting bored with anything would mean that it wasn't really a shackled life at all... It wasn't something she envied, true, but she was different so it was to be expected.

20. - Top - End - #590

[Hotel]

Delta nods a little, and will go over towards Jericus.

Deciding that shaking his shoulder may produce unwanted results, she'll rely on just calling to him.

Hey, uh, Jericus? It's morning. Jamie's making breakfast.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    [The Generic Dragon]

"But why did the platypus come in riding a giant ant?" Crae asks confusedly, probably having left Delilah outside. Probably. Oh, and he looks at the menu! "Now if only I could figure out whether or not I can read..."
    to set up the anteater bit! Char explains Wait how can you not know if you can read?
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

Hotel

"I know." Jericus says, nothing but his mouth moving and not sounding groggy at all. "I've been up for a while." He says with a slight smile before raising his voice. "Don't forget the coffee!" he shouts to Jamie in the kitchen.

23. - Top - End - #593

[Hotel]

Oh. Delta blinks a few times. Okay then.

She goes to sit on the couch then.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

Riftline

Reply: I do not have programming that orders me to remain here.
    Explanation: If I observe you, I can call for help immediately if you are injured.
    Further explanation: Organic beings degrade after becoming damaged, making swift medical attention a priority.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #595

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    to set up the anteater bit! Char explains Wait how can you not know if you can read?
    "Oh! I think I get it now! Maybe!" Crae says, smiling. "And I think I knew how to read once, but I forgot that I knew. Or something. I dunno. I'm crazy anyway, so..."
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

Hotel

"Oh, well in that ca-EEK!"
    Jamie suddenly shrieks!
    "I knew I was forgetting something!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Hotel

Jericus will sit up and look Delta over a bit. "Did you think about my offer any more?"

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    "Oh! I think I get it now! Maybe!" Crae says, smiling. "And I think I knew how to read once, but I forgot that I knew. Or something. I dunno. I'm crazy anyway, so..."
    You aren't crazy! Now what do you want to eat? Char takes off her hoodie.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

29. - Top - End - #599

[Hotel]

Delta nods a little. I did. And...well...I guess getting them slowly would be okay. A large part of me does want to know who I was. So, yeah. The slow method.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #600

[The Generic Dragon]

"I... Sort of am. It's right there in my name. Crae. Crazy Rae. But I like to think that I'm crazy in a fun way, so..." Crae says, shrugging. "But eating, now... Nope, still can't make sense of the menu..." ... Char may notice that he's actually holding it upside down.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards