The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Good gaming iPhone apps

Playgrounders, I have just come into possession of an iPhone 3 and am wondering what good gaming apps r on the market. I am my groups primary gm and game primarily with gurps, afmbe, and d&d3.5. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Good gaming iPhone apps

So they're not gaming specific, but the two apps I've gotten the most gaming use out of are Dropbox and Goodreader.

Dropbox lets you sync files between several computers. I keep my campaign notes, character sheets, and books here. Now I can look up anything without leaving the table and I don't have to carry several backpacks full of books.

Goodreader is a PDF reader. The built in one is kinda slow, especially on an iPhone 3. Not only is Goodreader faster, it lets you jump pages. You can even view the PDF as just text with no images, which is faster still. Oh and the best part is that Dropbox PDFs can be sent straight to Goodreader, so you don't have to worry about transferring them to your phone.
    If you like what I have to say, please check out my GMing Blog where I discuss writing and roleplaying in greater depth.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Agree. 100%.
    Ding, You've Got Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist but you have ceased to live. - Samuel Clemens

Oh, and DFTBA.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dicenomicon is pretty awesome as well, totally worth the $4 or $5 I paid for it (the iPad version).
    Quote Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
    This is a D&D web forum. There's more cheese here than there is in France.