New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Senior pranks

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Senior pranks

I was just wondering how the tradition of "senior pranks" worked in other places. Are they generally destructive in nature, or are they generally done while attempting not to damage much? Do the teachers usually "forget" to lock their doors, or "accidentally" leave their keys out? Feel free to share details of any memorable senior pranks you have seen or participated in.

I was wondering because the senior prank at my boarding school this year was awful. The past two years had good pranks. Nothing was damaged, and everybody laughed about it. This year, when I'm a senior, almost all of the seniors (not me) broke into the school building, the performing arts center, and the dining hall and just trashed things. They threw paint everywhere, tore pictures off of the walls and broke the frames, and broke expensive projectors. They also poured honey all over the librarian's computer, keyboard, and phone. In the dining hall, they took just about any liquid or powder they could find and poured it all over the floor. They specifically targeted certain teachers, and now most of the faculty hates the entire senior class. The librarian, one of the nicest people on campus, said she almost quit when she saw what had happened to her library, and my English teacher was on the verge of tears all through class. Not one of the seniors who was involved seems to care that it really hurt people, and I can't stand hearing them laugh about how teachers were really upset. I'm completely ashamed to even be a member of this year's senior class.
    Yup, I'm back

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Senior pranks

That is not normal.
    That is very not normal.
    I don't think schools could afford to even open if that were normal.

Does your school have cameras?
    I doubt the legal charges some of those kids are going to face are going to be the kinds of things they want as legal adults.

I think we assembled some busted up volkswagons in the turnaround points of the school's narrow stairwells.
    Last edited by Jude_H; 2011-05-17 at 12:59 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

One prank I've heard of involved releasing three pigs into the school. The pigs were labeled: Pig 1, Pig 2, and Pig 4. Police/school security/whatever found and removed all three pigs fairly quickly once they were discovered, and then spent the rest of the day trying and failing to find Pig 3.

Another one, and I think this one actually came from my Dad's school, snuck a car inside the school building - despite the building having no door big enough for the car to fit through. They took it apart, carried the pieces inside, and put it back together overnight.

Wrecking the place like you described is being a possibly criminal jerk, not a prank, though. I hope the people responsible for it get caught and suitably punished.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2011-05-17 at 01:10 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    One prank I've heard of involved releasing three pigs into the school. The pigs were labeled: Pig 1, Pig 2, and Pig 4. Police/school security/whatever found and removed all three pigs fairly quickly once they were discovered, and then spent the rest of the day trying and failing to find Pig 3.
    I've heard that one so many times I can't tell if it's classic prank or urban legend.

Trashing the school is not okay. I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise. Do people do that in other cultures?
    If you like what I have to say, please check out my GMing Blog where I discuss writing and roleplaying in greater depth.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

@OP: That is disgusting. That's not a practical joke at all.

In our school, some of the past pranks were to put a cow on the second floor of a building (cows can walk upstairs but not downstairs, so they had to call in a lift or something to get it down), or stick hundreds of sporks upright in the football field. Those were before I came to the school. Then the administration started making all the senior classes sign a paper saying they wouldn't participate in... whatever they called it, because they didn't refer to it as a "senior prank" even though everyone knew what they meant... or they could get expelled with graduation revoked. Now... Pranks are lame if not outright impossible. The first class that had to sign the paper set up a huge billboard with their year on it, off campus in the hills about 5 miles away where you could see it if someone pointed it out to you. Another class composed and played a ridiculously catchy earworm over the announcements, which was actually pretty awesome except that it was a prank on the students more than the teachers and school. And our class didn't do anything at all

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Yeah that's not a prank that's a bunch of jerks. If youknow who it is, turn them in. Please.

Our senior prank we moved all of the bike racks onto the roof of the 2 story library building XD

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

That's not a prank, that's vandalism. Sure vandalism can be part of a prank if it's funny, but it has to be a part of something funny. This is just destructive idiocy.

A few ones that I remember:

Putting hundreds of little styrofoam cups filled with water on all of the stairs
    Covering the entire football field with dry milk (football game later that day, and it was going to rain)
    One that happened every year in my old high school (required no originality at all but putting it here for completions sake) at the front entrance there are those small cement poles that are supposed to stop cars or something. Well ours were shaped exactly like penises. Exactly. So every year someone would tie two brown balls to the base and cover them in plastic. Harhar.
    One that amused me was when all over the day different groups of seniors would crowd around each other screaming "Fight! Fight!" and when the security guards broken into the circle ready to break up a fight they would find two guys playing Rockem Sockem Robots. This happened continuously until at the end of the day when the guards basically stopped taking it seriously two boxers would have a match in the entire get up.
    One was where the Tech crew got ahold of the master key to the school went in and re-arranged all the desks in intricate patterns, including the different offices. I think they stacked his desk to make a robot looking thing.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2011-05-17 at 01:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

With bikes in them?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

Okay, seriously. What the hell. No really, what the hell. I'm sure everyone's said it by now, but what they did wasn't a prank, it's freakin' criminal.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

That's not acceptable, they should be expelled. They ruined loads of valuable property (computers and whatnot), wrecked other peoples stuff, they are completely crossing any school's lines. I'm sorry you couldn't have the opportunity to do a senior prank that wasn't mindless hurtful destruction.

One senior prank I know of is when a bunch of seniors did a decoy, where they let off some lame fireworks, then later recommended a lecturer on sexuality to come speak. Turns out, she's a stripper who's been given a script, and takes off her clothes when the meekest senior yells out the cue ("WHO CARES, TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES!").
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I know some folks who did some fun things. One involved taking all the chairs and desks and etc in the school, putting all of them floor to ceiling wall to wall into one room, and then putting zip ties to lash together everything. There are still lots of chairs at the school with a zip ties on them...

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Firstly, the people who did that should have horrible things happen to them. Sorry you got no fun prankyness OP.

The only prank I remember was the one where they threw a bunch of superbounce balls into the circle*.

* My highschool was designed in such a way that it had a main circular hallway that most of the classrooms were on, and then offshoots for rooms that needed different things, with the library at the hub, and the gym, cafeteria and art rooms in an entirely seperate building.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Another one, and I think this one actually came from my Dad's school, snuck a car inside the school building - despite the building having no door big enough for the car to fit through. They took it apart, carried the pieces inside, and put it back together overnight.
    Mindy framed Drake with that one on Drake and Josh.

At my High School, seniors got let out one class period earlier. We got a bunch of battery-powered alarm clocks, synchronized them, and set them to go off when we got let out.

Then we put them in the air vents.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

14. - Top - End - #14

I went to two different high schools, none of them ever had a senior prank. Closest we came was the seniors on any sport team would come up with something embarrassing for the freshmen to do, "for the good of the team" Swim team freshmen got their heads shaved, along with the rest of their bodies for one example. *EDIT* The car thing is an old prank thats been done in virtually every 80s tv show, and numerous high school based movies. I liked the pig thing, the number was a nice touch.
    Last edited by Traab; 2011-05-17 at 04:35 PM.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Closest we came was the seniors on any sport team would come up with something embarrassing for the freshmen to do, "for the good of the team" Swim team freshmen got their heads shaved, along with the rest of their bodies for one example.
    That's embarrassing? You swim faster like that. Everyone on our team did that.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by valadil View Post
    I've heard that one so many times I can't tell if it's classic prank or urban legend.
    Its real. I live about five blocks from the high school in which it happened.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

17. - Top - End - #17

Ahhh, my class tried thinking of something for a prank. We went through several ideas, none of them particularly good. Then we had the idea of camping out on the school grounds in between the buildings (there were four), thus messing with the flow of people between classes when everyone came in the morning. However, then someone realized that people would probably bring alcohol and drugs, which would inspire the police to shut the whole thing down, so the year ended on a boring note.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Everyone's said my thoughts on the alleged 'prank'

The closest thing our school had to a prank was when I found out during P.E that the sound system used to play music in the gym could be used to blast music through the entire school.

Cue me playing the pokemon theme song on loop, until someone removed the CD... It was fun

Never got caught neither :)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

All of the faculty know who did it (almost the whole class), but the admins don't care because most of them are leaving this year. Many of them did, however, have to stay up most of the night scrubbing the floor of the dining hall to clean up the mess. So, the senior trip is going to suck now, since all of the faculty who are going pretty much hate the seniors now. Including the librarian, she of the honeyed computer. They still like me and my friends, but there's still going to be a lot of tension on the whole trip. On the other hand, I'll be getting to do just about whatever I feel like doing, since all of the faculty will want to be in a group with me and my friends

Last year's prank was good though. The seniors got into the school building and taped a bunch of bubble wrap to the ground. Then they inflated a bunch of balloons, put up streamers, and threw a bunch of candy around. This was all done during the night, and many of them just slept in the school building. I don't think anyone got any work done the next day, but everybody had fun.

Also, Mooncat, that is one of the most fabulous things I have ever heard. I almost woke up my roommate with laughter.
    Yup, I'm back

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

There's pranks and then there's the OP, that's just stupid.

Different to cat flapping a door, painting the walls with milk and moving their furniture into the corridor...what?

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

That's the one I've always heard about. I dunno if my school has had any senior pranks within the last few years.

And as to the OP, that's serious vandalism. That could be grounds for arrest, based on your local laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by lord of kobolds View Post
    All of the faculty know who did it (almost the whole class), but the admins don't care because most of them are leaving this year. Many of them did, however, have to stay up most of the night scrubbing the floor of the dining hall to clean up the mess. So, the senior trip is going to suck now, since all of the faculty who are going pretty much hate the seniors now. Including the librarian, she of the honeyed computer. They still like me and my friends, but there's still going to be a lot of tension on the whole trip. On the other hand, I'll be getting to do just about whatever I feel like doing, since all of the faculty will want to be in a group with me and my friends
    So just stick in your group and ignore the others. That sort of behaviour is completely unacceptable.

Last year's prank was good though. The seniors got into the school building and taped a bunch of bubble wrap to the ground. Then they inflated a bunch of balloons, put up streamers, and threw a bunch of candy around. This was all done during the night, and many of them just slept in the school building. I don't think anyone got any work done the next day, but everybody had fun.
    See now that. That is funny

My senior year we did nothing (that I can remember, if something was done I wasn't involved and therefore didn't care or pay attention.) I do know that the year after me (or possibly the one after them) used petrol to write the year in big numbers on the quad and then set fire to it - burning it into the asphelt. They got in a LOT of trouble (my mother teaches at the school I went to and she told me about it) and had to pay to have the quad re-asphelted. Serves them right I say.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

We used to have Senior pranks, but there were some really horrible ones a few years ago, (the worst and last of which included a couple of jerks (the other seniors did mostly harmless stuff) urinating on the principal's desk.) but because of the really bad ones, the new principal at the time offered the Seniors a deal, they could pull pranks, or they could have three days off, "Senior Week." They took the deal and so did every class until the principal moved on, although by then Senior Week was enough of an established fact that it remained until our new headmaster and principal got rid of it either this year or last. Considering the negative feelings towards the new administration, it just might be time to bring back senior pranks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Two kids pulled an unfunny prank that got them expelled from our school:

sending firemen, police officers, pizza boys, prostitutes and various other services/businesses/stuff (lots and lots of them) to the Vice Principal's house, all at the same time... using their cell phones. Needless to say, they were quickly caught and expelled.
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-05-17 at 08:02 PM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

25. - Top - End - #25

Also, Mooncat, that is one of the most fabulous things I have ever heard. I almost woke up my roommate with laughter.
    Well at least that in response to your first paragraph.

I'm afraid I don't understand last years prank though, how did it work?

It sounds pretty cool, yes. Imagine an incredibly severe looking teacher suddenly taking off her clothes in a striptease.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

We collected garbage cans filled with water balloons and water guns amd water buckets filled with water and left them in the hallways, stair wells and in the cafeteria JUST before lunch started.
    And watched as human nature took its course.

Another group of students made the Great Pyramids of Giza out of desks in the cafteria. To scale.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by TheOasysMaster View Post
    We collected garbage cans filled with water balloons and water guns amd water buckets filled with water and left them in the hallways, stair wells and in the cafeteria JUST before lunch started.
    And watched as human nature took its course.

Another group of students made the Great Pyramids of Giza out of desks in the cafteria. To scale.

Dude.

I'm totally doing that with Water balloons.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

28. - Top - End - #28

Ugh, that "prank" is awful and probably illegal. Sorry about that. And unfortunately, I don't know of senior pranks in my school...

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Wrecking the place like you described is being a possibly criminal jerk, not a prank, though. I hope the people responsible for it get caught and suitably punished.
    Ctrl+F "Pigs".

This was actually done at a local high school seven or eight years ago. Class was canceled for two days, while they searched for the imaginary pig. I'm fairly sure they weren't the first to execute this beautiful, beautiful plan, but it was hilarious nonetheless.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mud View Post
    Ctrl+F "Pigs".

This was actually done at a local high school seven or eight years ago. Class was canceled for two days, while they searched for the imaginary pig. I'm fairly sure they weren't the first to execute this beautiful, beautiful plan, but it was hilarious nonetheless.
    Wait, no one wised up to the fact that this is the most well known prank? I'm surprised this still actually works.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas