New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: LGBTAitp - Part Thirteen

Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
    ION: I have made an index of my really close school friends. 11/13 are lesbian, bisexual, or not straight. The other two are people that I know more in passing (although they are still my close friends). Is this weird? I feel like if I were in a clique, or if they existed in very defined forms at my school, I would be in the gay clique. Which is pretty awesome.
    On the other hand, there's the other interpretation of that which is less awesome and potentially worrisome.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-04-26 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    I'm not sure what "ION:" means but *FLYING TACKLE HUG*

Also, here's a cute pony if that'll help
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neee! Is so cute. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Moose View Post
    *tries out Improved Glomp on you*
    When and where did you learn that?

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Hugs rayne. Keeps hugging. Still hugging. Relishing the delicious awkwardness and expressing it through hugging.

Anything you'd like to talk about? Because I am available to listen.
    ... trying to take root or something?

Thanks. I don't really want to go into details. I'm just frustrated with gender stuff and trying to sort it out/fix it on both physically and interpersonally without having much support.
    Melusine-esque Avatar made by the awesome Akrim.elf!
    Genderbender Week Yuan-ti Avatar by Bisected8.

Xe/xyr are my favourite pronouns, so feel free to refer to me as such instead of she/her.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, my reproductive cycle involves injecting a still living host with my larvae, and that requires physical proximity and usually pinning the victim in some way. Hugs work well for both...

I hope whatever it is gets sorted out...

*begins probing stomach with excavator claw*
    Last edited by golentan; 2011-04-27 at 12:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

4. - Top - End - #814

Actually, my reproductive cycle involves injecting a still living host with my larvae, and that requires physical proximity and usually pinning the victim in some way. Hugs work well for both...

I hope whatever it is gets sorted out...

*begins probing stomach with excavator claw*
    Oh good... I wanted to loose some weight...

Xe/xyr are my favourite pronouns, so feel free to refer to me as such instead of she/her.

5. - Top - End - #815

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rayne_dragon View Post
    Thanks. I don't really want to go into details. I'm just frustrated with gender stuff and trying to sort it out/fix it on both physically and interpersonally without having much support.
    What kind of support does one need for this sort of thing anyway?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-04-27 at 12:49 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #816

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    What kind of support does one need for this sort of thing anyway?
    Friends. People who don't say "I don't agree with what you're doing."

People who don't mind if you're a girl one day and a boy the next (or completely androgenous). Someone else (besides myself) who makes the hours pain seem a worthwhile thing to go through. Someone who can give honest feedback in a way that is considerate of one's feelings. People who make one feel safe and secure as oneself regardless of who that is.

Someone who can write prescriptions.

Someone with a chequebook and lots of spare cash wouldn't hurt either.

7. - Top - End - #817

I think I can give honest but gentle feedback if you need it? And if I can't, then I need the practice

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

Huggles. Again, standing offer if you change your mind about talking.

Also you are a sexy sexy man-lady-androgyne (rearrange as needed/desired), so don't feel you need to lose weight. Golentan: failing his attempts to compliment through threats of horrible horrible nightmarish fates since time immemorial.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

Friends. People who don't say "I don't agree with what you're doing."
    Blind unkthinking agreement isn't always cool either. What we need is for them to listen, think on it, and then agree

People who don't mind if you're a girl one day and a boy the next (or completely androgenous). Someone else (besides myself) who makes the hours pain seem a worthwhile thing to go through. Someone who can give honest feedback in a way that is considerate of one's feelings. People who make one feel safe and secure as oneself regardless of who that is.
    "Be yourself. Who else can you be?" That's pretty much how I treat people these days. Unless the are a professional actor of course, in which case I guess they can be other people. Or a secret agent. Or a body double for a famous person. Actually, that motto isn't so useful i guess. I hope I'm not rambling now...

Someone who can write prescriptions.
    I wish I could.

Someone with a chequebook and lots of spare cash wouldn't hurt either.
    I think I need to invest in lottery tickets again

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtagon View Post
    "Be yourself. Who else can you be?" ... Actually, that motto isn't so useful i guess. I hope I'm not rambling now...
    I agree it's not all that useful. At worst, it turns into an excuse to not compromise with yourself, even when there'd be all reason to. I guess it's fashonable to say "you can't change people", but that's not true. Few things in a person's life are completely set in stone. As long as there's willingness to change, change is possible. Sometimes, it's necessary.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #821

I quite like "make yourself the person you want to be". Or something better worded.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

This above all: to thine ownself be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

13. - Top - End - #823
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, Shakespeare. The broadness of your quotes is matched only by the TRUE literary greats... like xkcd.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

I like Shakespeare for quotes. The Bible is also good, of course. And then there are the philosophers...

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.

Aristotle

Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.

Nothing can be more absurd than the practice that prevails in our country of men and women not following the same pursuits with all their strengths and with one mind, for thus, the state instead of being whole is reduced to half.

Plato

To say "I love you" one must first be able to say the "I."

Ayn Rand

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

15. - Top - End - #825
    Orc in the Playground

@rayne_dragon: Here, have some somewhat late hugs *hugs

@Asta Kask: Wait, Ayn Rand said something that can possibly be interpreted as romantic? What I've heard of her always made her seem like a person with no time for that kind of stuff.
    LGBTA+itP

Neat-looking avatar by Ninja Chocobo.

16. - Top - End - #826

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Caustic Soda View Post
    @Asta Kask: Wait, Ayn Rand said something that can possibly be interpreted as romantic? What I've heard of her always made her seem like a person with no time for that kind of stuff.
    Um. No.

From what I recall that quote in context is decidedly unromantic and ends up in a discussion of power, as you might infer from the bit where it segues into being about I at the end.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #827
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Ah, Shakespeare. The broadness of your quotes is matched only by the TRUE literary greats... like xkcd.
    to provide comment on this, I went to xkcd, clicked random and got this one and that, in the light of this thread was quite funny.
    oh Fate, why do you make me smile so much?
    Last edited by Borgh; 2011-04-27 at 10:54 AM.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caustic Soda View Post
    She wrote an entire book called The Romantic Manifesto. And if you read especially Atlas Shrugged there are long discussions of what love is and what the significance of it, in metaphysical and ethical terms, is. Yes, love was very important to her.

ETA: This is not the place to discuss Rand's ideas. I have seen threads devolve into long fruitless discussions about her philosophy.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2011-04-27 at 01:14 PM.

― Tim Fargo

19. - Top - End - #829
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    She wrote an entire book called The Romantic Manifesto. And if you read especially Atlas Shrugged there are long discussions of what love is and what the significance of it, in metaphysical and ethical terms, is. Yes, love was very important to her.

ETA: This is not the place to discuss Rand's ideas. I have seen threads devolve into long fruitless discussions about her philosophy.
    Fair enough. I must admit I only really know her from what I've read on TvTropes, which is a rather limited source on people, for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Caustic Soda; 2011-04-27 at 02:36 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

Neat-looking avatar by Ninja Chocobo.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

ION means "In Other News", and I'm a bit late to the party but I send my hugs too.

21. - Top - End - #831

Aaaak! Thanks everyone. I didn't expect so much response and I really appreciate it. Why can't you all live here in Vancouver?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I think I can give honest but gentle feedback if you need it? And if I can't, then I need the practice
    I would say you do a fairly good job of it. I'm pretty sensitive (especially about certain things), but you've always managed to avoid saying things in a way that would upset me. Although I put a lot of weight on intent, so someone else might not see things the same.

Huggles. Again, standing offer if you change your mind about talking.

Also you are a sexy sexy man-lady-androgyne (rearrange as needed/desired), so don't feel you need to lose weight. Golentan: failing his attempts to compliment through threats of horrible horrible nightmarish fates since time immemorial.
    Surprisingly, I did feel somewhat complimented. You're not going to just leave your larvae somewhere cold and unfriendly, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtagon View Post
    Blind unkthinking agreement isn't always cool either. What we need is for them to listen, think on it, and then agree

"Be yourself. Who else can you be?" That's pretty much how I treat people these days. Unless the are a professional actor of course, in which case I guess they can be other people. Or a secret agent. Or a body double for a famous person. Actually, that motto isn't so useful i guess. I hope I'm not rambling now...

I wish I could.

I think I need to invest in lottery tickets again
    Well, the ones who don't think about it tend to be the ones who don't really accept it either, at least in my experiences. I also like your motto. Best rephraising of that one I've heard in a while.

Also, I'm fine in regards to the prescriptions - I have a doctor who is really cool. He's even gone so far as to make an effort to get the whole xe/xyr thing right, so he's awesome.

22. - Top - End - #832

NecromancerGuy

Aaaak! Thanks everyone. I didn't expect so much response and I really appreciate it. Why can't you all live here in Vancouver?
    Because then some of us would be Girlfriends in Canada, and, well, there's only so many times one can hear that song before one begins to take SAN damage.

He's even gone so far as to make an effort to get the whole xe/xyr thing right, so he's awesome.
    Ah, yeah. I was about to say at one point that the fun times of having to switch pronouns regularly for when someone was living as a man and then switching to living as a woman and back and forth with no apparent rhythm would be a contributing factor to the shortage of people happy about such a setup. But this pretty much puts to bed your stance on that I guess.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #833
    Banned

Aw man, I'm late to the hugs? *huggles rayne*

24. - Top - End - #834

Because then some of us would be Girlfriends in Canada, and, well, there's only so many times one can hear that song before one begins to take SAN damage.
    It's only 0/d4... just don't start failing SAN checks.

Ah, yeah. I was about to say at one point that the fun times of having to switch pronouns regularly for when someone was living as a man and then switching to living as a woman and back and forth with no apparent rhythm would be a contributing factor to the shortage of people happy about such a setup. But this pretty much puts to bed your stance on that I guess.
    I've got a consistant pronoun and even a (more or less) consistant gender, it's just that the prevailence of the binary gender system means that I'll get mistaken for one gender or the other unless I make an effort to present more clearly. And I do try to keep my presentation somewhat consistant as far as others are concerned (although not perfectly), since I have some understanding that confusing people makes it difficult for them to accept me; although I rather wish that people would just like me (or dislike me, as the case may be) without factoring my gender into the consideration.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Aw man, I'm late to the hugs? *huggles rayne*
    Never too late for hugs. *is huggled*
    Last edited by rayne_dragon; 2011-04-27 at 09:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Orc in the Playground

I rather wish that people would just like me (or dislike me, as the case may be) without factoring my gender into the consideration.
    im open on the topic but quite certain that i would be unable to do that. i for one take everything i know presence or absence into account when i consider whether or not i like someone: where i met them, gender, favorite OTC painkiller (para-acetylaminophenol and acetylsalicylic acid lovers die in a fire). i can change the emphasis i put on a concept when thinking about someone. i can assign non-traditional values. i can see how it relates to other things differently. i can even keep myself from flat value judgements, but i cannot completely ignore any aspect of a person.

can you honestly say you would be the same person if you were a man or a woman or lived in a society that accepted non-binary gender identities and didnt have to deal with all this crap?

edit: *e-hug* i genuinely wish you the best even if i think your request is impossible without being shallow. and i get the reasoning behind "xir" but why x instead of some other letter? i keep thinking it was someones excuse to add more Xs to the english language as part of a long term plan to ruin the balance of scrabble.
    Last edited by 742; 2011-04-28 at 01:48 AM.
    current excuse for incoherence: heat

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

It's only 0/d4... just don't start failing SAN checks.
    Well Coidz, MY name isn't Alberta. Is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by 742 View Post
    and i get the reasoning behind "xir" but why x instead of some other letter? i keep thinking it was someones excuse to add more Xs to the english language as part of a long term plan to ruin the balance of scrabble.
    That is the stupidest thing that has made me burst into laughter for a while. xD
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-04-28 at 05:05 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

27. - Top - End - #837

Hmmn, update time! (haven't done this in long time >.>)

First good news. I have been visiting a local trans support group which has been pretty awesome (they have very good cookies!) and possibly getting new friends etc etc.

Secondly I have started seeing gender therapist and will be starting RLE sometime during the summer.

This leads to the bad news. Since the gender clinic (or what ever it is called in English) doesn't have it own laboratory, the blood work checking etc for the hormones will done by women's clinic which has looong queues, meaning that I won't be able to start HRT until sometime in the autumn, not in the summer like I had previously thought. This is driving me crazy. I will have to try to pass as a girl for months before I get those hormones and I want to live as a girl when I go to new university at end of August, so postponing RLE is out of question. I am starting to seriously contemplate of selfmedication since I want my boobies now thank you very much.

And the second problem. My gf and I broke up three or so weeks ago. We are still friends, but lack of intimacy is driving me crazy! Not helped by my general loneliness since I only see my friends, who live in different city, only on weekends. I am even starting to think I shouldn't have quit wow when my guild broke. And trying to find of new girlfriend? Starting seem impossible. how can I find someone who a) doesn't find the ¤#%ed up body I have disgusting but would still like me after I have had srs, so isn't straight or a chaser, b) would hopefully be atleast bit of geek or gamer, c) is into bdsm and d) wouldn't reguire me to move to soome other ccountry or something?
    Last edited by Delusion; 2011-04-28 at 10:38 AM.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

28. - Top - End - #838

I know that lack of intimacy problem pretty well, I've been devoid of any physical intimacy (including snuggles *sniff) for over half a year now. However while I fulfill 1-3 and can't say anything about 4 since you didn't mention where you live, I'm male and thus don't qualify as your girlfriend.

But congrats on new friends, starting therapy and especially good cookies! (Oh, and I advise against self-medication with hormones, but I guess you'd expect that.) Maybe you can find another clinic or laboratory that can check your hormones on shorter notice? You might be required to drive around the country a bit, but I guess in that case it might be worth it? Grab a phone, asking is usually free.
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

29. - Top - End - #839

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    I know that lack of intimacy problem pretty well, I've been devoid of any physical intimacy (including snuggles *sniff) for over half a year now. However while I fulfill 1-3 and can't say anything about 4 since you didn't mention where you live, I'm male and thus don't qualify as your girlfriend.
    *blushes*

But congrats on new friends, starting therapy and especially good cookies! (Oh, and I advise against self-medication with hormones, but I guess you'd expect that.) Maybe you can find another clinic or laboratory that can check your hormones on shorter notice? You might be required to drive around the country a bit, but I guess in that case it might be worth it? Grab a phone, asking is usually free.
    Well, by the Finnish law the treatment of trans stuff has been centered on two clinics and the other has even more horrible queues from what I hear.
    Dunno if private clinics are able to prescribe hormones.

And I most likely wont be selfmedicating. Its just a thing that pops into my mind when I am depressed.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

30. - Top - End - #840

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    *blushes*
    *giggle*

(Huh, I guess Finnland would have been too far anyway. Pity.)

Well, by the Finnish law the treatment of trans stuff has been centered on two clinics and the other has even more horrible queues from what I hear.
    Dunno if private clinics are able to prescribe hormones.

And I most likely wont be selfmedicating. Its just a thing that pops into my mind when I am depressed.
    Huh, that sounds unfortunate. I guess you'll have to wait then. But since this thread is here specifically to keep you from getting depressed, I gues we'll just have to thoroughly exorcise that idea from your mind
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei