Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 124
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages

    Spoiler
    Show

    Even though the next part will be written towards one person all of you have been subject to this same method. You don't know each other, nor do you know what will happen now. Remember, the more you show your characters strength and everything the better it is in this prelim. Please don't check what your opponents get for items. Some items I would like to keep secret. This again is because I want a bit of surprise to stay in the game.


    After the dazeof the teleport fades you see you are in a big room. An old man is waiting and nodding towards you. He moves towards you.
    Welcome brave warrior, welcome in the preliminary tournament. My name is August, I am your chamberlain. You have been chosen to try and enter the tournament. He presents you with a dagger.
    This is the prelim dagger, as soon as you move into the real tournament this dagger will be changed. Every round you rise your dagger will be different.
    The dagger has a beautifully engraved haft off a gnome and a giant fighting each other. The giant lifts the blade while it looks like the gnome strikes at his feet.

    I will bring you to the room granted to you for your preparation. Please don everything in the room, there is help and some food and water to get yourself ready for a bit. When the door opens it is time for you to move through it, since than there will be checked if you are good enough for this combat. I wish you the best. Good luck.

    In the room, which is heavily decorated with lush carpets and tableaus of battles in which seem to be arena's though all of them are different, is a simple table. On it are some items, not all things you have requested, though somethings will certainly be usefull.

    Two persons are standing in the room, willing to do whatever you ask, within righteous limits.

    Now you are here alone in this room waiting for the door to open so that you can prove you are the one that should join the battle.

    On the tables are:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Mysterious_A: Kot of Burning Rock the Neraph Warblade
    Spoiler
    Show

    Items:
    +1 Breastplate (Instead of the sectioned, since you are not proficient with heavy armor).
    3 masterwork Annulats
    +1 Greataxe
    4 potions of enlarge person
    1 potion of bulls strenght
    Backpack

    Ragged Angel: Deriac, Dwarf Crusader.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Items:
    +1 Dwarven Waraxe
    +1 Fullplate
    Mwk Heavy Steel Shield

    Deathslayer7: Adam Pinor Human Warlock
    Spoiler
    Show

    Items:
    +1 Chainshirt
    +1 Light Wooden Shield
    Wand of Magic Missile (3rd level) 9 charges
    Wand of Cat's Grace 20 charges
    Wand of Magic Missile (1st level) 25 charges

    Demons_Eye: Donner Wolke the Human Sorceror
    Spoiler
    Show

    Items:
    Mwk Morningstar
    Wand of Mage armor (7 charges)
    Wand of shield (10 charges)
    Cloak of Charisma +2
    Backpack
    Spell Component Pouch
    2 potions of Faith +2
    2 scrolls of Feather Fall
    2 scrolls of enlarge person
    1 scroll of acid arrow.


    Kurai: Baghira the Human Capoeirista
    Spoiler
    Show

    Items:
    Ring of Protection +1
    Crown of white raven (per request)
    4x Potion of Cure Light Wounds
    2 potions of magic fang
    2 potions of enlarge person
    Backpack



    chrisrawr: Garrik the Human Monk
    Spoiler
    Show

    Items:
    3 +1 returning shurikens
    Ring of protection +1
    2 potions of enlarge person
    2 potion of magic fang


    Last edited by Duskranger; 2011-04-26 at 11:37 AM.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Garrik thanks the man, wishing him good luck in return. He enters the room, grateful to put down his traveling gear. He nibbles a bit at the food presented, and drinks a cupful of water. Then he begins to stretch, moving about the room in languid kata.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Deriac bows in respect to the man, though he feels a bit woozy. Any travel that does not take place on solid ground is unsetteling to Deriac, but his dwarven fortitude quickly adjusts.

    Entering the arming room Deriac allows himself a small smile. After all, he remembered well the words of his father; Gimme an axe an' a place to stand, and I couldn't be moved by the world. He dons his armor and hefts his blade, and then tucks his ornate knife in his belt. It may be delicately inscribed, but it would do to end a life.

    That thought gave Deriac Stonebrow pause. He had taken lives before, many, but they had all been on the field of battle. A militant competition rang true with his heritage and with his training, but this would be a first for him. He hefted his shield carefully, testing its weight and balance. It was of dwarven make, a fact which pleased Deriac greatly. The waraxe and armor, likewise, were crafted of true steel and iron from the heart of the earth. They would serve him proudly, just as he served his people.

    Deriac breathed deeply, feeling his connection with Moradin strengthen. His god was one of stone and steel, of iron wills and stoney hearts. The broad blade in his hand was mighty, but it paled in comparision with his god.

    Deriac's small smile broadened. His god was with him. He was ready to fight.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2011-03-28 at 07:19 PM.
    I have several presentations tomorrow/today and a case of strep throat. Expect delays, and wish me luck.

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Universe (probably)

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Kot takes a deep breath the moment he sees himself alone, followed by an even deeper sigh.

    Mere moments from the fight, he finds himself stalling. Stalling for time he does not have, to fix things he cannot...

    Kot of Burning Rock spends several minutes engaged in a such mental preparation. He moves not an inch from the center of the room.

    He is just about considering never moving again, to remain forever enthralled in eventless contemplation. He is about to surrender, to give up... but... no.

    From his table of equipment comes, shiny as a sunlit lake, a glint of metal. Preciously sharpened glory, Kot moves. And he throws everything else aside, backpack and armor, to reach for that glint, to grasp...the axe.

    Kot raises the blade in the air. It is not just an axe, he thinks. He swings it down in a vicious forward slash. It is being a warrior..., he says...

    It is... the fight!, he roars...

    Kot dons his armor and his backpack. He distributes the three annulats across his belt, and puts two of the potions (one of each type) in a place where he can easily access them, the others thrown in the backpack. And, with that, he is ready. Ready for the Tournament of Ages...

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deathslayer7's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sin City

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Adam
    Adam thanks the chamberlain for his hospitality. He dons his armor quietly, and then tests his shield for balance, finding it to his liking. He then notices the small wands lying on the table and tests each of them before nodding and finding them to his satisfaction. He tucks the three wands where one would sheath a sword and then nibbles a bit of fruit and bread. Something light to keep his stomach from being nauseated while waiting but not enough that he would puke in the arena.

    During that time, Adam remains silent, staring at the the two men, wondering how this battle would be fought and how well he would do.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Demons_eye's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mi Lower P
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Thanking the man with a bow Donner starts to get ready for whatever fight they send at him. He throws the Morningstar and scrolls into their normal spots on his belt and his pack. He places his new wands on his belt holster also but inspects them carefully. The design was excellent as the dagger and just as usful to him. He carefully places the potions inside his pack also but keeps the component pouch in his hand. Last he dons a stylish cloak for extra flare with a matching boots.

    Thunder clings to his shoulder the entire time only leaving it once for when he puts the cloak on. The raven caws slightly as they begin to wait a fly around the room in boredom. Thunder lands on one of servers until Donner pulls out some feed to lure him back. Donner sets down and begins to meditate to pass the time.

    He was going to win because he was a dragon. Beneath his skin beat the heart of a dragon. He was going to win. But he was going to have to bleed for it, work for it, pay for it. He was going to have to play smart. He was going to have to play the dragon, as swift as one, as strong as one, and with equal might as one. “I will win” Donner whispers but looks at Thunder and rephrases “We will win”
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Baghira's eyes swept over the items layed out on the table. Grasping the beautiful dagger in one hand, he felt a bit faint at the amount of money these things presented. But it's just the beginning. If I win...
    He shook his head, wild hair flying slightly from side to side. Maybe a hairband would be a good idea?... No. No, they should all see him the way he was. Unkempt and rough, lined with the years of slavery, but with a core of steal.

    Placing everything away in his linen pockets, the added backpack or attaching them to his belt, the last and most discerning object was the ivory crown he placed on his head. It clashed terribly with his dark looks and used, simple clothes, but it fit quite snugly and amused him a bit. If the guys could see me like this.. This certainly wasn't anything like the fistfights in bawdy tavern rooms and shady alleyways, was it?

    Glancing uncomfortably at the other people in the room, Baghira walked to a free spot and started warming up, stretching his limbs in uncomfortable directions and dancing on the spot.
    This is a great chance. Winning or not winning didn't matter. He would go in there and give nothing but his best. Either it was enough or it wasn't, and if not, then others deserved to earn the price more than him. He would give them no leeway, but he was no bad loser, understanding when someone else won faire and square. And fairness was a trait he appreciated and respected.

    Rubbing his knuckles absentmindedly, the ex-slave stared at the door that might decide his fate. His own and the one of many other, less fortunate people.
    For us, he told himself and remembered those that hadn't made it and the ones who still fought in their own manacles, the iron that gave them the same light, uneven scars around their wrists. His former slave lords would be surprised that these scars now gave him the strength to stand tall.
    For us, brothers and sisters. You will stand behind me when I fight.
    Last edited by Kurai; 2011-03-29 at 03:37 PM.
    - Voltaire on his deathbed, when asked by the priest to renounce Satan: "Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies." -

    Characters: Jasper Haligon the Fox, Ophelia Mendelev, Tanith nyr Valladey, Baladeva

    Bad news: New router is dead. Abyssmal news: We can't get the Internet running again. I'll try to be back as soon as possible. Terribly sorry!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    The doors you have entered the room with open, but strangely, though that the door closed normally the first time this time the door goes up, moving into the ceiling. A white light peaks through the doorway. Nothing is visibile behind it.

    Slowly when you move through the door you are in an arena. You feel like a day has passed, you don't feel tired or hungry though, you are mostly filled with the feeling of greatness, of fighting and more of those feelings. Around you in the outside of the arena you see people sitting waiting and watching untill it starts. They are a diverse group, no single person looks of the same race. Looking around you see the arena is a big 200'x 200' field. One man is standing on air above the arena. When you look around you see that 5 others are also standing in the arena, your guess is that they are about 100' from each other. The ground is sandy and looks fresh, while your eyes adjust to the light coming from above the man in the sky starts talking.
    Welcome brave warriors, you all will try to honor your own styles of fighting and become the ones destined to be in the real tournament. Since this is the preliminary we have adjusted the weapons with an enchantment that makes it impossible to kill your opponent. Your weapon will tear, cut and break, but it will never stop a persons heart. All, even them without visible weapons have that restriction. This is the only part that's different from the normal tournament. You will bleed, you will become victims for everyone's eyes, but now will your worthiness be tested. Prepare yourself for this fight is started.

    The man waves down with his hand, in the middle of the arena a giant sandshower starts and when the sand comes down the fight starts.

    Spoiler
    Show

    If one of you has experience with maps/tablemaking on this forum please tell me and help me.


    Initiative:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Please state your actions.

    Adam: 17+8=25
    Deriac: 17+1=18
    Kot: 15+2=17
    Baghira: 14+2 =16
    Garric : 6 +3=9
    Donner: 6+2=8

    Go and defeat some players, show me what you have
    Last edited by Duskranger; 2011-03-30 at 11:32 AM.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deathslayer7's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sin City

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Adam

    Adam closes his eyes and his hand reaches for a wand. He then hesitates. It wasn't worth it to use these yet. he thinks. They are limited. He puts the wand away slowly and looks at his nearest opponent. He closes his eyes and takes a deep visible breath, keeping his eyes closed. And to everyones amazement, he just stands there with his eyes closed, seemingly at peace with himself.

    ooc: next person can go.

    DM only:
    Spoiler
    Show

    ready to cast baleful utterance on the first person to come within range.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Deriac Stonebrow
    Male Lawful Neutral Dwarf Crusader, Level 4, Init +1, HP 49/49, Speed 20ft.
    AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 21, Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 4
    +1 Dwarven Waraxe +8 (1d10+4, x3)
    Masterwork Dagger +8 (1d4+3, 19-20/x2)
    +1 Full Plate, Masterwork Heavy Steel Shield (+9 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition None
    Readied Maneuvers:
    1. Crusader's Strike
    2. Stone Bones
    3. Charging Minotaur
    4. Mountain Hammer
    5. Stone Vise
    Granted: (1d5)[2] (1d5)[4] (1d5)[1]
    In case of duplicates: (1d5)[5] (1d5)[3]


    Deriac kneels and touches the earth, his finely crafted arms and armor moving smoothly with him. He is drawn to the power beneath him, and he feels the surging strength of Moradin flowing through him, and the clean steel around him seems to sing in the sunlight. He feels invigorated, and despite his lack of alacrity he surges forward before any of the others gets a steady footing.

    Deriac is rapidly ready but does not move quickly, moving twenty feet into the center of the arena before stopping to find a strong footing. He readies his blade and his shield, and once in place he breathes deeply, shifting his weight into a low, powerful stance. He feels his connection to the earth strengthen, and he prepares himself for any advances.

    He calls out to the other combatants. "Come, warriors. Come and test yourselves. Be not cowards nor scoundrels in the eyes of your gods; come and break yourselves upon my steel and fall broken to the earth. I was born in Moradin's forge, and I will not die until my steel has been tempered in the blood of his foes. Come, and let us clash like true champions of battle."
    DM only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stonefoot Stance. I ready a Mountain Hammer for anyone who gets in reach.

    1. Charging Minotaur
    2. Stone Vise
    This turn's granted maneuver, of the two left: (1d2)[1]
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2011-03-30 at 09:46 PM.
    I have several presentations tomorrow/today and a case of strep throat. Expect delays, and wish me luck.

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Garrik wastes no time moving towards the right - favoring his weaker side in what he hopes will prove to be a small misdirection. He darts towards ((E1,7)), reading a shuriken to throw at anyone who gets within 30 feet.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    It is the sun in his face and the surprise when his crown turns into a vest around his upper body that keeps Baghira from acting immediately. But the scope of the area makes him feel save for the moment, as he can't imagine a living being moving so fast across the hard packed dirt to strike him dead in barely a second without him being able to react properly.

    His bare feet on the ground give him a sense of security, the scorching sun on his tanned skin a feeling of freedom. Dragging in a deep breath, tasting the very air on his tongue, he sprints forward and past the walls to his left, gazing across the vast space in search for an opponent. After a moment the ex-slave can see the light glinting off the armored body of what seems to be a... dwarf?
    Shouted words reach his ears and the raven-haired man slows down, wondering if that might be the right opponent to stand against first.
    Do not hesitate. Do not fear. But don't run in head-first without judging the situation.
    With his back to the arena wall, his muscles warm and his blood starting to sing to an unheard music, Baghira contemplates his next action in silence, but with an almost respectful nod to himself to the dwarf's honest words.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Using two move actions to reach P1/39.
    - Voltaire on his deathbed, when asked by the priest to renounce Satan: "Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies." -

    Characters: Jasper Haligon the Fox, Ophelia Mendelev, Tanith nyr Valladey, Baladeva

    Bad news: New router is dead. Abyssmal news: We can't get the Internet running again. I'll try to be back as soon as possible. Terribly sorry!

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Universe (probably)

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Kot gazes across the arena, inspecting his opponents.

    His first instinct is to charge the man with the bird, who looked a wizard of some kind. The little time he'd spent outside his home plane had already taught him never to underestimate their kind...

    The Neraph grips his axe in both hands. He raises the blade in an over-head grip, as was the way of his house. He stares at his target and grinds his teeth...

    From his belt, though, comes an unfamiliar weight. Kot of Burning Rock looks down to see the two potions he had placed there. Two vials he didn't know the effects of.

    For a moment Kot forgets his charge.

    Might as well give it a shot...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action to assume Punishing Stance.

    Move action to draw Potion of Bull's Strength.

    Standard Action to Drink it.

    Free Action to drop the vial.
    Last edited by Mysterious_A; 2011-03-31 at 11:54 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Demons_eye's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mi Lower P
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Donner sizes up his foes with quick glances. He did not like the fact it was a royal rumble, anyone could get anyone. The aggressors would start to fight soon while the defenders would react. Which would he be, offensive or defensive? The foe to his left went farther and the one to his right drank something. Donner was like a lighting bolt, one quick strike and that's all it took but here he would need a storm, and a storm he was not. His lighting would be unleashed but for whatever fool attacked him first. Thunder takes flight and starts to circle Donner's head looking as menacingly as the bird could.

    Donner starts to slowly walk to the corner as he draws a wand twirling it with a flare.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Moving 10 feet down to N2-22 drawing wand of mage armor.

    Standard to cast Mage Armor on myself and familiar within five feet.
    Last edited by Demons_eye; 2011-03-31 at 12:31 PM.
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    All the fighters are sizing each other up. The armored dwarf seems to be making a stand, while the unarmed and unarmored others wait or run for the opponent.
    The froglike competitor, a strange creature in a complete humanoid group seems to be drinking something, what precise is not known for the others, but all know what they are given and know that everything granted to them will help them, one way or another.

    They all hear a rumble and the see the walls closing a little bit. It pushes everyone close to the wall 5' further.

    Updated map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]|A1|B1|C1|D1|E1|F1|G1|H1|J1|K1|L1|M1|N1|O1|P1|Q1|R 1|S1|T1|U1|V1|W1| X1|Y1|Z1|A2|B2|C2|D2|E2|F2|G2|H2|I2|J2|K2|L2|M2|N2
    1| X| X| X| X | X| X| X| X | X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X | X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X | X| X|
    2| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Ko | | | | | | | | | X| |
    3| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X |
    4| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X|
    5| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    6| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X|
    7| X||||Ga|||||||| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    8| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    9| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    10| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    11| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    12| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    13| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X |
    14| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X |
    15| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X |
    16| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    17| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    18| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X |
    19| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X |
    20| X|Ad| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | || X| X|
    21| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    22| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Do | X||
    23| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    24| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    25| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    26| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    27| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X|
    28| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X|
    29| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X|
    30| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X|
    31| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X|
    32| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    33| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X |
    34| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X |
    35| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X | X|
    36| X | | | | | | | | | De| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X|
    37| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X|
    38| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X|
    39| X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |Ba | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X|
    40| X | X | X| X | X| X| X| X| X| X | X| X| X| X | X | X | X | X | X | X | X| X| X | X | X | X | X| X| X | X| X| X | X| X| X | X | X | X | X| X|
    [/table]

    Last edited by Duskranger; 2011-03-31 at 01:33 PM.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Deriac Stonebrow
    Male Lawful Neutral Dwarf Crusader, Level 4, Init +1, HP 49/49, Speed 20ft.
    AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 21, Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 4
    +1 Dwarven Waraxe +8 (1d10+4, x3)
    Masterwork Dagger +8 (1d4+3, 19-20/x2)
    +1 Full Plate, Masterwork Heavy Steel Shield (+9 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition None
    Granted Maneuvers:
    1. Crusader's Strike
    2. Stone Bones
    3. Charging Minotaur
    4. Mountain Hammer


    Deriac watches Baghira come closer, and he shifts his weight, breaking his connection to the earth for a moment. With a split second of prayer his mind clears, imbueing him with the sharp, clear power of his god. "By Moradin's will, for his sake, may this be swift," he mutters, and then he aligns his thoughts with the earth beneath him. The stone beneath his feet seems to build up tension, and then he finally explodes outwards, seemly with the strength and speed of a minotaur. Small stones spray outwards as he hurtles forward with shocking speed.

    He reaches Baghira, and there is a moment of stillness as every eye in the arena is drawn to this first attack, this first moment of aggression.

    Then the moment is broken, and he slams into Baghira with the force of a bull, his shield and axe crossed to form an unassailable tide of iron.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Use Charging Minotaur to move to Baghira's square, begin Bull Rush.
    Bullrush attempt (no attacks of opportunity) strength check: (1d20+5)[25]
    If I succeed, damage: (2d6+3)[14]
    If I win the check he also flies back 5 feet, plus another 5 for each 5 I win the check by. Deriac does not have to follow.

    Stone Vise is now granted.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2011-03-31 at 02:37 PM.
    I have several presentations tomorrow/today and a case of strep throat. Expect delays, and wish me luck.

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Baghira had been in a lot of fistfights. A lot. And there had been quite a few iron fists hitting his stomach and making him dizzy, but it didn't prepare him for the amount of pain a charging dwarf in full armor could create in his body by slamming into the dark-haired man.
    He had never met a giant in his life, but this is how it had to feel if one hit you with a small boulder.
    Feeling his feet loose contact with the ground, Baghira could only brace himself for a short second before he went airborne with a gasped curse pressed out of his hurting lungs.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Opposing strength check: (1d20)[16]
    - Voltaire on his deathbed, when asked by the priest to renounce Satan: "Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies." -

    Characters: Jasper Haligon the Fox, Ophelia Mendelev, Tanith nyr Valladey, Baladeva

    Bad news: New router is dead. Abyssmal news: We can't get the Internet running again. I'll try to be back as soon as possible. Terribly sorry!

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Universe (probably)

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Kot proceeds to downing the other vial, this second one having a much more apparent effect.

    As he drinks to the last drop of the potion, Kot feels a...tug, in his stomach. He doesn't have much time to wonder, though, because soon he realizes the arena to be getting much smaller...

    What everyone else realizes, though, is that the Outsider is now twice the size he was, and that that axe suddenly seems a whole lot more threatening...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to draw Potion of Enlarge Person.

    Standard action to drink it.

    Free action to drop vial.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deathslayer7's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sin City

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Adam

    Adam looks around again and sees his situation is precarious at best. 4 people surronded him with two engaged on his right and one obviously heading towards him on his left. His mind raced with the choices and only two remained. Fight the man on his terms, or fight the man on Adam's terms. Acting quickly, he moves towards the center of the arena (H1,20). He faces the man to be his opponent (Garrick) catching his eyes. He nods as if to indicate that they would be fighting.

    DM only:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to H1,20 and readied action to cast Eldritch Blast shped by Frightful Blast at Garrick if within 60'
    DC 14 Will Save or be Shaken
    Attack (RTA):(1d20+7)[16]
    Damage: (2d6)[11]
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Demons_eye's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mi Lower P
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Donner watches the brawl start as someone is slammed into a wall, people move, and another vial is drunk. Then a man curses, and another grows huge. This was not good. At this point the six competitors have paired off into three smaller fights. He was going to have to end his fast if that happened. He pulls out the other wand with another twirl and skips back another few feet to the corner.


    If needed: DM only
    Spoiler
    Show


    Moving to M2-25, drawing the wand of shield. Would like to know the caster level on the wands if that's ok.

    Readying an action to cast Blindness on Kot if he moves towards Donner. DC 17 will fort save.

    Edit: Sorry fort save, was mixing up spells.

    Last edited by Demons_eye; 2011-03-31 at 05:47 PM.
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Garrik initiates against Adam, moving to ((C1, 14)) and whipping a shuriken at the man with each hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Two attacks at +1 from PBS, -2 from TWF, and -6 from 3 range increments.
    Attacks (1d20+3)[13], (1d20+3)[16]
    Damage (1d2+7)[8], (1d2+7)[8]

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    The push has delivered him a good, few feet to the side, bouncing off the wall and back into the open field. Baghira can feel the bruises blooming all over his body, but he shakes the injuries away with a huff of breath once his stumble comes to a halt.
    That's not what I'd call a good start, he muses with a note of frustration, but the battle has his full concentration and he forgets the touch of anger. It was his own fault for being taken by surprise.
    Within a second he pushes himself away, taking leaping steps toward his target and then, having almost reached his opponent, drops into a lower stance and starts... dancing on the spot.

    It feels good to slip into the movements his muscles almost remember better than his mind, wavering and dipping like a foreign snake before the armored dwarf. Not taking a chance to use his finesse, he lets his fist dart forward, hoping to catch a gap in what seems to be a small, compact wall of armor before him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move Action: If I did everything correctly, Baghira should be standing in R1/38.
    Free Action: Having moved to not even half his speed, he's entering Ginga Stance.
    Attack: (1d20+6)[11]
    Probably unlikely damage: (1d8)[8]
    - Voltaire on his deathbed, when asked by the priest to renounce Satan: "Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies." -

    Characters: Jasper Haligon the Fox, Ophelia Mendelev, Tanith nyr Valladey, Baladeva

    Bad news: New router is dead. Abyssmal news: We can't get the Internet running again. I'll try to be back as soon as possible. Terribly sorry!

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Adam looks like he is waiting for his opponents to come to him, peace is written on his face. This is at least untill Garrick moves towards Adam, who challenged him, with a swift movement a ray of pure blackness gets shot at Garrick, who can barely deflict it with one of his fists. After that Garrick whips his hands towards Adam and two small shurikens start flying toward Adam, which does not even bother deflecting them, for they hit each other in the air and crash into the arena floor.

    At the same time Baghira meets the shoulders of his dwarven assailant and starts to fly, before he leaves the Dwarf looks with a small smile to him. He lands with a slight thud, but he recovers quickly.
    Baghira starts moving with the fluidity of a dancer and tries to hit Deriac with a snakelike movement of the hand, sadly his hand makes a gonglike sound where he hits the fine shield of Deriac.

    Donner looks around and knows he is losing the advantage he has. He has his second wand out and prepares himself.

    @Demons_eye
    Spoiler
    Show

    It's a standard lvl 1 wand


    Kot on the other hand seems to be swigging down another potion, but this one has seemingly more effect. He grows untill he is twice his size, and twize as fearfull.


    Updated map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]|A1|B1|C1|D1|E1|F1|G1|H1|J1|K1|L1|M1|N1|O1|P1|Q1|R 1|S1|T1|U1|V1|W1| X1|Y1|Z1|A2|B2|C2|D2|E2|F2|G2|H2|I2|J2|K2|L2|M2|N2
    1| X| X| X| X | X| X| X| X | X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X | X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X | X| X|
    2| X| X|X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X | X| X| X| X| X| X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X | X|X |
    3| X|X || | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Ko|Ko | | | | | | |X | X| X |
    4| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Ko| Ko| | | | | | |X | X| X|
    5| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X | X |
    6| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X | X|
    7| X|X|||Ga|||||||| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X | X |
    8| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X | X |
    9| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X | X |
    10| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X | X |
    11| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X | X |
    12| X| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X | X |
    13| X| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X| X |
    14| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X |
    15| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X| X |
    16| X| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X | X |
    17| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X | X |
    18| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X| X |
    19| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X| X |
    20| X|X|Ad | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X| X| X|
    21| X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X | X |
    22| X| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Do|X | X||
    23| X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X | X |
    24| X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X | X |
    25| X | X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X | X |
    26| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | x| X | X |
    27| X| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X|
    28| X | X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X| X|
    29| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X|
    30| X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X | X|
    31| X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X | X|
    32| X | X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X | X |
    33| X | X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X |
    34| X | X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X | X |
    35| X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X | X|
    36| X | X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X| X|
    37| X | X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X|
    38| X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | |De | Ba| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X|
    39| X |X |X |X |X | X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X|X |X |X | X|X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X | X|X |X |X |X |X |x |X | X| X| X|
    40| X | X | X| X | X| X| X| X| X| X | X| X| X| X | X | X | X | X | X | X | X| X| X | X | X | X | X| X| X | X| X| X | X| X| X | X | X | X | X| X|
    [/table]

    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Deriac Stonebrow
    Male Lawful Neutral Dwarf Crusader, Level 4, Init +1, HP 49/49, Speed 20ft.
    AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 21, Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 4
    +1 Dwarven Waraxe +8 (1d10+4, x3)
    Masterwork Dagger +8 (1d4+3, 19-20/x2)
    +1 Full Plate, Masterwork Heavy Steel Shield (+9 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition None
    Maneuvers
    1. Crusader's Strike
    2. Stone Bones
    3. Charging Minotaur
    4. Mountain Hammer
    5. Stone Vise


    After knocking aside the blow with his shield Deriac takes a moment to size up his opponent. He watches the movements of his body, noting the grace and skill with which the man moves. "You move well, boy. Let's see how you take a hit."

    He draws upon his connection to the stone beneath him, and the mental image of a looming mountain consumes his mind. He feels the rugged peak and icy stones, the blistering winds and the crunch of the earth beneath his boots. He can feel the veins of iron running through the mountain's core, and the shards of adamantine that are scattered around those veins. Far, far below the fires of the world churn hot and slow.

    In his mind, the axe of Moradin comes down upon that great mountain, shattering it and crushing the earth and stone like a piece of glass beneath a workman's hammer. The connection between the earth, Deriac's blade, and Moradin is held in perfect balance for a moment, and then the dwarf shatters that precarious position with a crushing blow that bypasses all defenses.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Mountain Hammer; if it hits it ignores DR and hardness.

    Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[14]
    Damage Roll: (1d10+4)[7] + (2d6)[10]

    This round I have no maneuvers withheld, so I lose my prepared ones and a new set is granted. I'm going to roll 5 times in case of duplicates, but I only prepare the first 3 unique numbers.

    1. Crusader's Strike
    2. Stone Bones
    3. Charging Minotaur
    4. Mountain Hammer
    5. Stone Vise

    (1d5)[4] (1d5)[2] (1d5)[4] (1d5)[3] [/roll]1d5[/roll]
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2011-04-01 at 10:50 AM.
    I have several presentations tomorrow/today and a case of strep throat. Expect delays, and wish me luck.

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Universe (probably)

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    The isolated fights proceed all around the arena as Kot looks to his own foe.

    "Mage...", he utters furiously under his breath. Kot focuses all of his anger into speed, as he sprints forth, murder in his eyes...

    The Neraph knows his armor encumbers him. He knows he could not reach the wizard simply by running. The human would simply retreat again and again, casting his spells on him as he went.

    That was precisely the point, though. The wizard was a human. He was a Neraph. And so, he did what Neraphs did best, something that the human could not have anticipated.

    At the end of his run, Kot leaped.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Run to H2-17.

    Use Sudden Leap Maneuver as swift action to jump to Donner (distance according to roll).

    Jump: (1d20+16)[36]

    Edit: Not sure I got the math right, but in any way I should be able to end turn occupying K2-21, K2-22, J2-21 and J2-22, Donner between a wall and a sharp place.
    Last edited by Mysterious_A; 2011-04-01 at 12:16 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Moving from ((C1,14)) to ((F1,20)), Garrik catches his expended shurikens as they move towards him, as if reeled in. Weapons back in hand for a mere moment, he releases but a single shuriken towards the man - much more impressed now than he'd been a few moments before.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Movement might be pending Adam's movement - he's higher in the initiative order than I am. Attack roll at -2 for every increment he's out.

    Attack roll (1d20+11)[21]
    Damage roll (1d2+7)[9]

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deathslayer7's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sin City

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Adam curls dark energy in his hand again, and hesitates. The dwarf was going to be a problem. He could easily take him out if he focused on him now, but then that left him open to the the man on his left. It was a chance that might be worth the risk, but in this case, it would be better to focus on his own guy. If the dwarf wanted to interecede, well then hopefully he would go for this shuriken man. Grinning at their long range combat, Adam pours his will into the dark energy and directs it towards Garrick again.
    As he does, he slides gracefully back moving out of range again (O1,20) of the shuriken.

    ooc: you might want to change where you move, I don't know.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack:(1d20+7)[27]
    damage: (2d6)[5]
    DC 14 will or be shaken
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2011-04-01 at 03:22 PM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Baghira twists out of the furious attack's way with a skilled turn of his upper body, watching with slight horror how the energy in the mighty blow cleaves the earth right before him. How much strength had to guide such a hand? If the blade had connected with his body, he guessed that the tournament might have been over for him, for the axe would have shattered his bones like fired clay.

    But there was no use in wondering about 'What If's', so while hoping that the attack had sapped some energy from the sturdy dwarf, the capoeirista incorporated the acrobatic twist of his torso into the intricate dance. One hand on the dirty floor, pushing himself over once on the spot, Baghira's world switches upside down. He was used to it and his coal eyes never left the smaller man in front of him as everything around him tilts in a blur. But before he can land in a crouch, his foot races in an arc towards his opponents head, hoping to catch him unaware with these foreign, unusual movements.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Movement Action: Using Acrobatic Feint for a Feint action. (+4 intelligence, +2 for Ginga, +9 Tumble) (1d20+15)[22]

    Standard action, Attack: (1d20+6)[9]
    Normal Damage: (1d8)[4]
    If Feint works, added damage: (2d6)[7]

    - Voltaire on his deathbed, when asked by the priest to renounce Satan: "Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies." -

    Characters: Jasper Haligon the Fox, Ophelia Mendelev, Tanith nyr Valladey, Baladeva

    Bad news: New router is dead. Abyssmal news: We can't get the Internet running again. I'll try to be back as soon as possible. Terribly sorry!

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Demons_eye's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mi Lower P
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    Donners spell leaves him quickly with only one word "VEDAGEL RUSTUS!" and he jumps into action. He moves to the giant while gathering dirt in his hand. Soon a rock snags into his hand and he unleashes and another word, "Enorsf Aust" and his entire hand starts to change rapidly. His knuckles become granite, his fingers stone, and his palm and backhand rock. He was ready to fight now, he had roared his thunder and was bringing the lighting.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Don't know where Kot is but I would like to get as close as I could to him with 30 feet move speed.

    Casting Fist of stone.

    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DnD 3.5 Tournament of Ages Preliminary IC

    All over the Arena's floor battles are fought.

    Adam fires off a ray which hits Garrick straight in the chest (10 damage). Garrick looks a bit shocked that something came thorugh his defenses and feels something invading his mind. He shakes his head and tries to fight it. While he does it the shuriken he releases flies almost straight to adam, sadly the only thing that gets cut is a single strand of hair, floating towards the floor.

    @ chrisrawr
    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry for rolling your save, but I forgot to ask you to do it)
    Willsave: (1d20+8)[16]


    Deriac unleashes a strong strike towards Baghira which can barely dancevade it (dancing and evading in one ). The ground is spiced where the axe hit it, a crack in the ground is the only thing that they see, for the Dwarf is again ready and deflects the leg of Baghira with the flat of his blade. Leaving their position undecided.

    Kot starts to run towards Donner, which unleashes the spell he readied for that precise occasion, Kot starts fo flail a bit and comes up short when he jumps.

    @ Mysterious_A
    Spoiler
    Show

    You have been hit by a blindness/deafness spell, you are blind and therefore can:
    The character cannot see. He takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class, loses his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), moves at half speed, and takes a -4 penalty on Search checks and on most Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks. All checks and activities that rely on vision (such as reading and Spot checks) automatically fail. All opponents are considered to have total concealment (50% miss chance) to the blinded character. Characters who remain blinded for a long time grow accustomed to these drawbacks and can overcome some of them.

    You have moved only half the distance you thought you did.


    Donner rans towards Kot while grabbing some dirt from the floor close to Kot he starts to shout some words and his fists become of stone. This while he stands next to him.

    You hear again the sound that is now familiair to you, the shifting of the walls.
    Updated map:
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]|A1|B1|C1|D1|E1|F1|G1|H1|J1|K1|L1|M1|N1|O1|P1|Q1|R 1|S1|T1|U1|V1|W1| X1|Y1|Z1|A2|B2|C2|D2|E2|F2|G2|H2|I2|J2|K2|L2|M2|N2
    1| X| X| X| X | X| X| X| X | X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X | X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X | X| X|
    2| X| X|X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X | X| X| X| X| X| X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X | X|X |
    3| X|X |X|X | X|X |X |X |X |X |X | X| X|X | X|X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X | x|x |X |X |X | X|X | X|X | X| X|X | X|X | X| X |
    4| X|X | X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X |X | X| X|
    5| X|X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X | X |
    6| X|X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X |X | X | X|
    7| X|X|X|||||||||| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X | X |
    8| X|X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X | X |
    9| X|X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X| X | X |
    10| X|X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| X| X | X |
    11| X|X | X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X |X | X | X |
    12| X| X| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X |X | X | X |
    13| X| X| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X| X |
    14| X|X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X|X | X| X |
    15| X|X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X| X |
    16| X| X| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Ko|Ko | | | |X |X | X | X |
    17| X|X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Ko| Ko| | | |X |X | X | X |
    18| X|X | X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Do| | | X| X| X| X |
    19| X|X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | x| X| X| X |
    20| X|X|X | | |Ga | | | | | | | | Ad| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X |X| X| X|
    21| X |X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X| X| X | X |
    22| X| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X |X | X||
    23| X |X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |x |X | X | X |
    24| X |X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X |X | X | X |
    25| X | X| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X|X | X | X |
    26| X|X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X| x| X | X |
    27| X| X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X|X | X| X|
    28| X | X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X| X|
    29| X|X |X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X |X | X| X|
    30| X |X | X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |x | X| X | X|
    31| X |X | X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |x | X| X | X|
    32| X | X| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |x |X | X | X |
    33| X | X|X | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | X|X | X| X |
    34| X | X| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X |X | X | X |
    35| X |X | X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X | X|
    36| X | X| X| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |X | X| X| X|
    37| X | X| X| | | | | | | | | | | | De| Ba| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |x |X | X| X|
    38| X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X | X|X |X|X | X|X |X|X | X| X|X | X| X|X |X |X |X |X | X|X |X | X| X| X|X | X|X | X| X|X | X| X|
    39| X |X |X |X |X | X| X| X| X| X| X| X| X|X |X |X | X|X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X |X | X|X |X |X |X |X |x |X | X| X| X|
    40| X | X | X| X | X| X| X| X| X| X | X| X| X| X | X | X | X | X | X | X | X| X| X | X | X | X | X| X| X | X| X| X | X| X| X | X | X | X | X| X|
    [/table]
    Last edited by Duskranger; 2011-04-03 at 12:21 PM.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •