New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,481 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XI: "More Threads than your Tactical Squad has room for!"

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingScanian View Post
    What, what? It seems in my eyes to be a quite ordinary SM force (after someone has killed of all the troops). I see almost NOTHING that makes it seem like a Space Wolf force (Especially not with the terminators all being vanilla "tactical" termies...)
    'Vanilla' Tactical Termies make great Lone Wolves, Wolf Lords, or, in a pinch, are 2 points more expensive than normal for an addition of Counterattack, a very good trade.

I mentioned SW because of a high number of unique minis he seems to have, which is shoe-in for an SW force, and the fact battleforce seems tailor-made to fill his army, letting him field 30 Grey Hunters + some Sergeant equivalents and Long Fangs.
    Above Us Only Sky

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XI: "More Threads than your Tactical Squad has room for!"

I am also for the rapid fire range one.
    Lillien Lemmerin:http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=111721

Member of the Mr Scruffy fan club

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Firbolg in the Playground

I like Now Available in Resin, but perhaps that would go better for the models thread when it comes up for a new start next.

Question: If one were to field an IG veteran squad with Sergeant Harker (who is a Relentless heavy bolter in addition to all the goodies he gives his squad), what would be the best special weapons/doctrine to take with them?

Keep in mind that he gives Stealth, making Forward Sentries redundant (the only thing he gets out of it is defensive grenades, which isn't worth the 30 points when the squad doesn't need the camo cloaks), and his squad can't take Grenadiers, so basically the question is what weapons to synergize with the mobile HB and is Demolitions worth it?
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

I just stuck Harker in a Chimera with a hull Heavy Flamer and gave the squad 3 meltaguns, plasma is nice too though.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Orc in the Playground

Has Battle Missions been errataed?

My local store has Kill Team games going on tomorrow, so I thought I'd bring my Harlequins. I read through the Kill Team book, and noticed the wording of the Every Man For Himself rule:

''All models operate as individual units in this mission, even if they were chosen as part of a squad or squadron.''

In the rules for the Shadowseer, it says 'any enemy unit wishing to target the Shadowseer or the unit she is with...' instead of using 'the shadowseer and her squad' like it does for the Exarch effects.

So, does the Veil of Tears power only affect the Shadowseer in Kill Team? If so I'll bring Avengers or Jetbikes instead, I suppose.
    Some characters of mine: http://lmaorpg.proboards.com/index.c...read=90&page=1

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PanNarrans View Post
    Has Battle Missions been errataed?

My local store has Kill Team games going on tomorrow, so I thought I'd bring my Harlequins. I read through the Kill Team book, and noticed the wording of the Every Man For Himself rule:

''All models operate as individual units in this mission, even if they were chosen as part of a squad or squadron.''

In the rules for the Shadowseer, it says 'any enemy unit wishing to target the Shadowseer or the unit she is with...' instead of using 'the shadowseer and her squad' like it does for the Exarch effects.

So, does the Veil of Tears power only affect the Shadowseer in Kill Team? If so I'll bring Avengers or Jetbikes instead, I suppose.
    When I play Kill Team, I always propose that the normal rules are altered to instead treat every non-vehicle model as an Independent Character for purposes of joining and leaving units and assault. I find this makes the game much more interesting because you can actually benefit from squad-based special rules and fit more than a single model inside a transport.

Edit: proofreading is a good idea.
    Last edited by Nameless Ghost; 2011-05-18 at 04:15 PM.
    Burning feathers; not an angel

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Ghost View Post
    ...fit more than a single model inside a transport.
    NOOO. I didn't realise that either... my backup list was six scorpions inside a wave serpent.
    Some characters of mine: http://lmaorpg.proboards.com/index.c...read=90&page=1

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PanNarrans View Post
    NOOO. I didn't realise that either... my backup list was...
    Yo PanNarrans, I'm happy for you, imma let you finish, but "Now in Rapid Fire range" is one of the best thread titles of all time! In case this wasn't clear, I'm casting a vote for "Now in Rapid Fire Range". And sorry to play off of you to make a lousy joke. :P
    Last edited by Justyn; 2011-05-18 at 04:27 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Troll in the Playground

My younger cousin has expressed interest in getting into 40K recently and, what with his birthday coming up soon, I figure I'll get him the basics of an army for a present.

I've gone through the different armies with him and, much to my chagrin, he's decided he likes vanilla marines best. He's also expressed a fondness for tanks and heavy weapons.

I'm thinking of giving him this list:

Spoiler
    Show
    HQ
    Chaplain - 120 Points
    Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs

ELITES

TROOPS
    Tactical Squad (x10) - 235 Points
    Sergeant W/Power Fist
    Meltagun x1, Missile Launcher x1
    +Rhino

Scout Squad (x5) - 100 Points
    Sergeant W/Power Fist
    Shotgun x4

FAST ATTACK
    Assault Squad (x5) - 130 Points
    Sergeant W/Lightning Claw, Storm Shield

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Predator - 165 Points
    Lascannon Sponsons, Twin-Linked Lascannon

TOTAL: 750

Costs me about £85 if I buy from the right places and leaves 5 Tactical Marines left over.

Any suggestions on what changes could be made?
    Last edited by Tome; 2011-05-18 at 05:13 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hey Kids, New Thread..
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein