Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 754
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Adrift in a sea of woe.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn looks at the others and shrugs.
    "That works for me..."
    He strides after the dark man.


    (IF no one stops him or says anything he wants to talk about, so spoilered in case someone does)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alwynn catches up to the man and, walking beside him, offers his hand.
    "Hello my good and curious sir, I am Alwynn. How do you do, and what on earth are you doing down here?"
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2012-05-02 at 09:11 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #602
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The figure already went through the door at the other end of the hallway. I'm going to assume you open the door to follow him.


    Alwynn strides down the hallway and flings open the door at the other end. Beyond the door is a large room, perhaps forty feet square. You find yourself at the centre of the north wall. On the far side of the room there are three imposing and rather sinister black iron doors with heavy hinges and locks. In the centre of each door is a large door knocker each of which consists of the disfigured face of an elderly human. An immense iron ring runs through his nose forming the knocker and each door is topped with a dusty placard.

    Old chipped flagstones tile the floor and the walls and ceiling are rough hewn stone. The room is otherwise vacant.

    The evil looking fellow is standing just outside the door waiting for you. He smiles as Alwynn is the first one through. He glances at the proffered hand but makes no move to shake it or return the convention. "Well met Alwynn. I am doing quite well; I am always fond of company. As I am sure you can imagine, it can get quite lonely down here. You may have guessed by now, but I am the guardian of the Relics of Zeiram. They are free to take, but you must first prove that you are worthy. That is why I am here. When your companions arrive, we can discuss exactly what those trials will involve."

    For Alwynn only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know that this guy is evil, but even accounting for that, you get a sense that something is off with him. It's nothing you can put a finger on precisely, but you have a strong hunch that he is lying to you and his true mission here is something quite different then what he's told you.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  3. - Top - End - #603
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Adrift in a sea of woe.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn's perpetual smile widens further, and he diverts his handshake smoothly into a friendly and intimate arm around the shoulders, as his other hand searches in his pocket.
    "Oh my poor lad! All alone down here for... Oh, I hate to think! Yours is a story I must hear. Have a lolly." He proffers his bag of sweets while keeping his arm firmly around his shoulders.

  4. - Top - End - #604
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    The dark dragonborn shakes himself away from Alwynn's arm. "I have sworn not to harm you. That does not mean I am your friend: I am in no mood for your condescending intimacy. I mean no offence, but I have not waited here these past millennia to bandy words and sweets with the likes of you."

    He swivels in place and steps a few feet away. With a grandly outstretched arm he gestures behind him towards the three iron doors. "Three items and three trials await you. Although I can not aid you during the trials, I am required to provide you with two services. Before beginning each trial, you may ask me up to two questions. I will truly answer either 'yes' or 'no' if I the answer is known to me. And upon the completion of each trial, I will heal any wounds or conditions inflicted upon you by the trial."
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  5. - Top - End - #605
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Adrift in a sea of woe.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn turns almost serious for a moment, and gazes at the mysterious man steadily.
    "Sir, I am never condescending. Overly jovial? Perhaps. Mocking? Possibly. Satirising? Conceivable. Incredibly dashing and charming? Always! But never - never - condescending."
    He looks away as though losing interest, takes a big chewy toffee out of his bag and gazes at it. "Personally, after a millenia in a dank place like this, I'd be gasping for something sweet."
    He pops the toffee in his mouth and wanders over to examine the doors more closely, chewing noisily and thoughtfully.

  6. - Top - End - #606
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    The dark dragonborn looks with cold eyes at Alwynn as she rebukes him and then turns up his nose in a dismissive sniff.

    The doors are even more massive looking up close. The placard on top of each knocker reads

    "If you seek to to enter here,
    Ready arms and be prepared.
    What lies beyond is cause for fear,
    The weak at heart will not be spared.

    Knock once to enter and twice to leave."

    Vinto enters the room and with a cautious sideways glance at the dark figure, hurries over and stands at Alwynn's side. "Well, these certainly look like the kind of doors that our artefacts might be hidden behind. Imposing enough."
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  7. - Top - End - #607
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Maekrix focuses for a moment, calling forth his paladin's sight. He gazes at each of the doors for a time, looking for any signs of evil or corruption upon them. If he finds none, he moves to the door on the far left, and looks to his companions. "I see no point in hesitating or waiting further, though I understand if you do. Shall we forge onwards and crush whatever may lie behind this door?"

    He chants a few quick words under his breath, and his hands and forearms become a hard, stoney grey. He checks to make sure that his shield spell and luminous armor are still active and powerful, and he nods to the others once more. He then turns to face the door, and with hard eyes and a heavy hand he pounds the knocker once.
    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  8. - Top - End - #608
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Adrift in a sea of woe.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Before Maekrix knocks on the door, Alwynn spends a moment adjusting his footing and meditating on the moves he knows. While he does so, he mutters to the others, "you know he's going to try something on us, right?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Prepared stance: Crushing Weight of the Mountain [Stance] (Stone Dragon) - When grappling, constrict for 2d6+4 (1 1/2 x Str) crushing damage.

    Prepared maneuvers: Fan the Flames [Strike, Fire] (Desert Wind) - 1 std action, range 30ft, ranged touch attack deals 6d6 fire damage.
    Stone Vise [Strike] (Stone Dragon) - std action, single melee attack, +1d6dmg, Fort DC 15 (12+strmod) or speed dropped to 0ft for 1 rnd
    Mountain Hammer [Strike] (Stone Dragon) - std action, single melee attack +2d6 dmg, bypasses DR and hardness
    Flashing Sun [Strike] (Desert Wind) - full-rnd action, full attack w/1 extra attack @ max AB, all attacks at -2
    Mighty Throw [Strike] (Setting Sun) - std action, melee touch attack, resolve as trip but no AoO or counter-trip, +4 Dex or Str mod, throw enemy up to 10ft, lands prone
    Wind Stride [Boost] (Desert Wind) - +10ft speed til end of turn

    I think I'm out of spells, but if not I'll cast Bless and Protection from Evil, as well.

  9. - Top - End - #609
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    A small shower of rust flakes from the hinges of the heavy knocker as Maekrix lifts the heavy piece of metal from its resting place. The knocker feels cold and stiff, its imposing weight requiring more strength than expected, rather like lifting a limp dead arm. At the apex, it give a thin tinny squeal and then falls down to its original position with a dull, hollow thud, the sound amplified by the iron door until it resembled nothing more than a broken funeral bell. Echoes cascaded around the room before dying away into a morbid and anticipatory silence.

    Vinto was about to step forward when a loud grinding and creaking noise came from the hinges and frame and a thin crack appeared around the edges of the massive door. Over the course of about six seconds, some hidden power forced the door open, screeching and protesting with the shrill piercing sound that only twisted and tortured metal can produce.

    The cause of all the rust was immediately apparent. Despite the arid dryness of the room you are now in, the hallway behind the door is damp and foetid. The walls are made of brick with the rounded edges and crumbling fašade that only come from decades of exposure and disrepair. Chipped and cracked flagstones line the floor in an uneven mosaic of brown and grey. The ceiling is rough hewn stone, stained white with the tracings of limestone delivered in slow formation by the constant dripping of water.

    The passageway could almost be defined by water. Slow rivulets flowed down the crevices and crannies of the ceiling before forming fat droplets that splattered to the floor with the sound of a slow summer rain. More water coursed in small streams down the brick walls following the criss-cross pattern of the grout cracks. All of it came together on the floor; tracing small rivers between the high spots and making tiny rapids and cataracts across the shallow depressions.

    And it all flowed downward. Down and away from the light and heat, down to the dark damp depths that lay hidden out of sight. And the air was still inside. So very still, almost like a giant monster had taken a deep breath of morning mist and was holding it, patiently . . . carefully . . . deliberately, for years and years . . . just waiting for someone to walk in.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  10. - Top - End - #610
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    When you walk in the hallway you see a human sitting on the floor with his hands bound behind his back. From the looks of it, he is quite agitated and is VERY unhappy about being in his current predicament. He has short blonde hair, with brown eyes. He looks to be tall for a human, probable about 6'4" if he were standing. His skin is average and not too hairy. As you approach he is wiggling frantically and snarling at you with each step you take towards him while he barks:

    "YOU! You best kill me now, for if I ever get lose from these bonds, by the hand of the Almighty Robin I will smite you into oblivion for my quest is Holy and I will stop at nothing to achieve my objective! Declare your intentions now or face the concequences!"

  11. - Top - End - #611
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Adrift in a sea of woe.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn looks down at the man, then steps back and reads the words on the door again, mouthing them.
    "Ready arms... cause for fear..."
    He steps forward again and gazes at the bound figure, one eyebrow raised in confusion.
    He scratches his head with the end of his staff as he comments, "well... that's unexpected."
    He walks over to the fellow, pulling out his bag of sweets as he goes. He crouches down, just out of reach, and studies him intently while he chews.
    After some time, Alwynn takes out a toffee and holds it out close enough for the stranger to take it in his mouth should he so desire.
    "Lolly?"
    His voice is light and he bears a bemused smirk, but his gaze is steady.

  12. - Top - End - #612
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Vinto slips into the hallway before Maekrix and rushes besides Alwynn when he hears the man's cries.

    "Calm yourself, good sir. We are also fellow servants of Robin and on a quest of our own."

    He shakes his head in mock bewilderment at Alwynn's proffered toffy before querying "Are you hurt in any way? Will you hold your peace if we untie you?"
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  13. - Top - End - #613
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Adrift in a sea of woe.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn chuckles, but keeps his eyes on the figure and his hand proferring the toffee within nomming distance.
    "Far be it from me to be suspicious of every passer-by, but I don't really fancy the idea of having two fellows we can't trust wandering about, one before us and one behind us - not to mention the disconcertingly helpful demon flitting about who-knows-where. Until we decide, however..." He addresses the bound man again. "Have a toffee?"


    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what'd be awesome? Truth toffees. Someone eats one, and they can't tell a lie. It's like an anti-toffee - it unsticks peoples teeth, instead of sticking them together. Why don't I have those? I should invent them.
    Of course... this dude doesn't know I don't
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2012-06-16 at 01:55 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #614
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    As the stranger with a staff approached Darmok, he began to become concerned that he was reaching for a dagger. He was about to attempt to stand up and throw his full weight on the oncoming stranger when he realized that the man simply pulled out a small item that looked like a piece of candy. Puzzled, he delayed his desperate attack and decided to hear what the man had to say. When the stranger did nothing but taunt him with candy as if he were some sort of child, Darmok simply spit in the hand of the stranger in sheer defiance and gave him a threating glare. He then noticed a second man stepping into the hallway and once he heard friendly words come from the second stranger's mouth, Darmok began to feel that his luck might be changing. When the first stranger again taunted him with candy, Darmok replied with a noticable amount of attitude: "My mother taught me never to take candy from strangers." He looked at the second stranger and said: "If you are a true servant of Robin then you will untie me immediately. I will hold my peace in good faith but be warned, any sign of treachery and I will not hesitate to send you straight to the presence of Robin to be judged for your lies."

  15. - Top - End - #615
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Vinto recoils a half step backwards at the unexpected response from the bound man before him.

    "I fail to see how being a true servant of Robin requires me to free every bound creature I run into. Perhaps you have been bound for a reason. Devotion is to be admired to a point, but common courtesy is also a virtue."

    He turns to Alwynn. "I agree with your assessment. We already have too many people we can't trust between us and outside. If we are going to be spending some time in here, we may as well decide now whether to befriend this churl or ensure he won't be able to hurt us."

    Maekrix follows closely behind Vinto and stares in silence at the strange fellow. A few seconds after he enters the sodden hallway, the iron door slams shut with a sonorous clash plunging the hall in darkness.

    "Well . . . I guess onwards it is, then."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies to Ragged Angel, but I just wanted to keep things moving. If you wanted to do something else, I can edit this post.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  16. - Top - End - #616
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Adrift in a sea of woe.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn makes a face and wipes his hand on his cloak.
    "Waste of a good toffee", he complains as he tosses it aside.
    He straightens and looks at the man somewhat disapprovingly, then sniffs and walks away.
    "He's all yours Vinto, do what you want", he declares somewhat petulantly, and occupies himself with examining the rest of the room, stretching his wings as he does so.


    Description for the new jerk what wasted a perfectly good toffee
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alwynn is an extremely good-looking (lots of handsome with a dash of pretty) middle-aged man in his early 40s. His wrinkles are mostly smile-lines around his mouth and the corners of his eyes. He has pure white hair, a well-groomed white beard and eyes that range from ice blue to stormcloud grey depending on his mood (just now they went from a pale sky blue to an even paler grey-blue), practically exploding with sparkles. He's tall and straight with lithely muscled limbs, wearing something like a Keikogi of very fine silk the colour of the roof of the sky in late afternoon, delicately embroidered in intricate floral patterns the colour of forget-me-nots. Over this he wears a plain grey cloak, which was just shifted to the side by his large, blue-tinted white wings with a tint of pale blue which are usually hidden under it.
    He staff is long, fine and carved, and he carries it like it's an extension of his own arm.
    Sorta like this, but with a fancier staff and more impressive beard:

  17. - Top - End - #617
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    When the door shut behind Maekrix leaving the hallway in darkness once again, Darmok's rage subsided a little because the light that burst in the room when the door was opened had given him an instant headache for he had been bound in the darkness for many hours. Darmok then realized that these strangers most likely inteded him no harm for if they had, they surely whould have cut his throat already. He is still in a foul mood but decideds to try and see if these strangers really are servants of Robin and therefore possible allies. He directes this comment to Vinto:
    "It matters greatly whether you are a servant of Robin! I am Darmok, a Holy Palidin of Robin and the voice of His justice. If you do not serve the intrests of Robin then we have no business together, but if what you say is true, then we have a duty to give each other aid and further the will of Robin. It is true that it would be unwise to aid every bound creature you come across, but I assure you I am not the one you should be worried about. There are three others that ambushed me as soon as I entered this room and set off through those iron doors after they tied me up left me here to rot. Now I know not what your business is here on Robins behalf but I was sent by the mighty dragon Novartias to recover a magical artifact that lies somewhere in this dark place. My mission is of great importance and as I said, if you were true servants of Robin you would unbind me and let me continue my mission! Those scoundrels have a head start on me already and I intend to make them pay for their unwaranted assult!"
    Last edited by Witchdoctor2012; 2012-06-18 at 04:26 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #618
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Vinto focuses his attention on Darmok and mutters a few words under his breath. "Well, there is no evil about you, but I can find no courtesy either. Still, rudeness is no just cause to remain tied in these condition."

    He draws out a small dagger and with a few careful strokes, severs the bonds holding Darmok's limbs. He doesn't help him stand up, but instead steps back a pace and regards the paladin with wary eyes.

    "If you are indeed on a quest for Novartis then perhaps our goals are one. We are also on a search for an artefact of great import though I'm not sure what scoundrels you're talking about. If they tied you up here, then they are no doubt far ahead of us. Which means, we should really be going!"
    __________________________________________________ __

    The hallway extends for about sixty feet, sloping downhill at a slight angle before terminating in darkness.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  19. - Top - End - #619
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Adrift in a sea of woe.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! I posted a response here, I know I did! Where'd it go?! Oh well, I guess this is the most important bit:

    The new fellow gets Alwynn's attention with the mention of Novartis.
    "Just how many people did that dragon send down here?", he asks with a quizzical look.

  20. - Top - End - #620
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Burlew stole it! That is how he gains his magical powers! Expect a new comic soon.


    "Enough to make sure that at least one of use gets away with it, I suppose. I wouldn't be surprised to find another one lurking around the corner."

    Vinto grins at Alwynn. "Another body won't hurt us though. He looks like he could do some damage if he needed to." Turning to the paladin, he asks "What are these scoundrels you speak of? Are they already ahead of us? Do they know about the artefact?"
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  21. - Top - End - #621
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Maekrix knew that he should be paying more attention to the newcomer, but he couldn't disturb the thoughts running through his mind, lest he lose a powerful source of new inspiration. The tunnel, the dark version of himself, the demon that claimed to wish to help them...

    Robin above, this puzzle had too many pieces. Maekrix was a warrior and a spellcaster, and he was damned good at both of those things. These puzzles, however, were beyond him, though he felt that understanding was forever just outside his grasp. He just needed the fortitude of will to reach the end of this maze, and all things would be made clear.

    "Perhaps," he murmurs to himself, considering something. "Perhaps light is not the only power I should call upon to fight this darkness and chaos." He spoke a few words, words filled with power and portent, and the ground beneath him seemed to pulse once, slowly. Maekrix himself seemed to grow a bit thicker, heavier, and his scales seemed more metallic than they had a moment before. He shook his head slowly, in disbelief and pride, before looking up. "Forgive me for my distraction and lack of manners, fellow warrior of the light and Robin above. I have a talent for the arcane arts, and a new inspiration just came upon me. My name is Maekrix Ux Tibur Spellscale, Paladin and Spellsword of dragonkind. It is good to meet you, Darmok."
    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  22. - Top - End - #622
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Adrift in a sea of woe.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, that is nice. Good one, RaggedAngel.

  23. - Top - End - #623
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Oh, that is nice. Good one, RaggedAngel.
    Thank you, Serpentine. I figured that after idling for a week I owed you all a halfway decent post.
    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  24. - Top - End - #624
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Darmok becomes slightly uneasy when Vinto approached him with a drawn dagger but was very relieved when Vinto cut his bonds. He immediately stood up but became dizzy and had to brace himself on the stone wall for if he had not, he surely would have fallen over. Darmok then stretched his arms out as far as he could and shook violently as life returned to his cramped limbs.

    "Thank you very much!" He said to Vinto as soon as he had finished his stretch. "I must apologize for my previous rudeness but you would be in quite a foul mood as well if you had been tied up in the dark for the better half of the day." As Alwynn makes his comment, Darmok nods in agreement with his inquiry. After Vinto spoke again Darmok says: "That would make sense to send multiple parties to look for the artifact in case one or more fails. I would expect nothing less from a wise dragon such as Novartis. To answer your question, as soon as I walked into this room I was attacked and bound by two humans, a half-elf, and a dragon born. I know not what their business is here for they left as swiftly as they incapacitated me. They most certainly are at least twelve hours ahead of us and they have not traveled back this way since they left me here." When Maekrix spoke, it somewhat startled Darmok because until now, Darmok had not been able to get a good look at him. When Maekrix declared that he also was a Holy Paladin, this greatly pleased Darmok and he was glad to be with a brother. He turns to Maekrix and reaches for his forearm to greet him in an embrace and says: "Hello brother, it is good to see a face that understands my devotion and urgency." He then turns to the other two and says "I'm sorry, I did not catch your names."

  25. - Top - End - #625
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    "My name is Vinto", Vinto says, and then looks thoughtfully at the rest of the party. "That dragonborn you encountered earlier wouldn't have happened to look a lot like a dark version of Maekrix, would it? Because if it did, we may have just been duped. Also, I can't help but notice that we were supposed to 'knock once to enter, and twice to leave' and there is a conspicuous lack of knockers on this side of the door . . ."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Almost forgot. Awesome job on that last post RA. That may well have been the best roleplayed level-up I have ever encountered. You win a +1 internet


    OOC for Darmok only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now that Vinto has pointed it out, you do in fact notice that the dragonborn you encountered earlier did look like an evil version of Maekrix. Same armour, weapon, and build, just darker and more evilish. Also, as far as you are aware, after they tied you up, they went down the hallway and have not passed back this way. Make of that what you will.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2012-06-20 at 10:52 PM.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  26. - Top - End - #626
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Maekrix looks to the massive, rusty door, his eyes narrowed with distaste and his hands heavy on his ranseur. "It matters little, really; we must move forward, and if that creature has decided to trick us, it only means that we need not be civil when next we meet." The pieces were coming together, it seemed. Clarity was returning, and though they may be trapped, they were still strong and unharmed.

    "We should plan our next move and then press forward, before the forces acting against us can cause any more harm." As he speaks he brings forward, for the barest moment, his Paladin's Sight, gazing upon the man before him. A month ago, Maekrix would have trusted another paladin implicitly; a month ago, Maekrix was not as wise as he was today.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-06-20 at 10:59 PM.
    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  27. - Top - End - #627
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Adrift in a sea of woe.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Alwynn sniffs at Darmok and pointedly pops a very large, sticky toffee in his mouth.
    "Mah nhorm ush Orhlwoon", he works out through a mouthful of sugar.
    Still chewing, he tucks his wings out of sight under his cloak, pops the bag of sweets back into his pocket, and stands ready with his staff once again. He watches Darmok, curiously waiting for the answer to Vinto's question.

  28. - Top - End - #628
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    OOC @ Maekrix
    Spoiler
    Show
    From the darkness at the end of the hallway, you hear a loud and continuous splashing noise, as if something was flailing away in a pool of water.
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

  29. - Top - End - #629
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Maekrix breathes deeply, once, drawing in the power of his luminescent armor. When he exhales the light flares out, filling the hallway with daylight. He murmurs gentle words of power, and then five beads of light bud off of his armor, each of them rapidly swelling to the size of a large apple. They streak down the hallway, twisting and mingling as they go, illuminating the darkness beyond the reach of his armor.
    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  30. - Top - End - #630
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Galathir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brinkley Court
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Gavisoria Games (IC)

    Maekrix's glowing orbs illuminate a long stretch of damp hallway, revealing the plump droplets of water that send echoing reverberations through the air. The entire hallway is about sixty feet long and slopes downward. As a result of this, the entire floor begins to be covered in shallow water about halfway down, and you can imagine that there would be nearly a foot of water by the time you reached the end.

    The darkness at the other end of the hallway fades away to reveal what appears to be a largish room, covered in water. A persistent splashing noise comes from the room, but the source of the disturbance is hidden from the view of the small entrance.

    "You have sharp ears, my friend" Vinto whispers. He turns to Darmok with a worried and quizzical look in his eyes. "You didn't perchance have a friend with you, did you?"
    Currently Running
    The Gavisoria Games: IC | OOC
    The Obsidian Guild: IC | OOC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •