New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Girl IV: Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    Am I the only person who really dislikes Trixie?
    If you mean the pony then no. I don't like the canon version of her either.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Seen that picture before.

Love Trixie's new pictures.

Long as we change the name back tomorrow, I'm okay with it today.

Blargh...so much pony..energy low...*zzznk*
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony IV: Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology

I...I did it! I caught up with the My Little Pony thread! Bwahahahaaah! I... am COMPLEAT!

Now I just need an appropriate avatar.
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-04-02 at 08:35 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh its another stupid April fools thing? And will be gone soon? If that is the case fine, just find a decent picture for the front page, one without the great and powerful ham idealy.

Wow you are a Grumpy Grumperson...

People Ponies People Pon-- arg this is so confusing The others are just being silly. Roll with the punches, hooved or otherwise. Pony threads seem like an unfortunate thing to get bent out of shape about. =/

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Not dislike, per se, but... to be honest, as I said in the other thread, if the internet didn't insist on Trixie so much I'd have forgotten she existed twenty minutes after the episode. She just didn't ping my attention much.

Which, come to think of it, would probably sting Trixie even more.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Yes I mean the cartoon Trixie.
    Wow you are a Grumpy Grumperson...
    Only when full of flu.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

7. - Top - End - #37

I notice a disturbing decrease of magic around here.

Release the Pinkie!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Oh its another stupid April fools thing? And will be gone soon? If that is the case fine, just find a decent picture for the front page, one without the great and powerful ham idealy.

I'm ambivalent towards Trixie. Personally, I choose to view her being talked up so much as part of the joke.

And yeah, let the hunt for a new main image begin. Maybe a screenshot of Twilight doing mad science in Feeling Pinkie Keen, given the title?
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I'm ambivalent towards Trixie. Personally, I choose to view her being talked up so much as part of the joke.

And yeah, let the hunt for a new main image begin. Maybe a screenshot of Twilight doing mad science in Feeling Pinkie Keen, given the title?

This one?

EDIT: Hangon, where are Twlight's legs?
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2011-04-01 at 03:16 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

This one?

EDIT: Hangon, where are Twlight's legs?
    IT'S THE ITUNES SCREEN ALL OVER AGAIN!

And yes, that's perfect.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    You know, I agree with EvilDMMK3. There doesn't seem to be much point in having this as the title and it just looks weird.
    *yawn* Try to do something for people, and you'll always end up with neighsayers criticizing everything you do.

And that thing about me not knowing the show was really uncalled for

Whatever *throws away the rest of the pictures to be posted, including Luna from my avatar* Next time, you can do something instead of just criticizing.

As always, Trixie, your time in the spotlight is fleeting. Enjoy your remaining 11 hours of Tyranny (pacific time zone)!
    11, eh? Until I woke up? That would be fine, too...[/QUOTE]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    *yawn* Try to do something for people, and you'll always end up with neighsayers criticizing everything you do.

Oh sorry! Neither of us were talking about you! It was a different poster who started the thread for the pony theme week. He specifically said he didn't know the show and didn't like the theme week.

As for the title, I don't know it just makes me feel skeevy posting in a thread called "My Little Girl" that's all.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-04-01 at 03:24 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Not you. You know the show very well, even though you have fixated on a character I personally dislike. I suspect you know it better than me. This is the person I refer to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Lucky me I hate this Pony thing . Anyone wanne go with some Anti-Pony Avatars?
    In any case threads that obfuscate the actual thread content are a bugbear of mine. The title, no matter how clever, should make the content of the thread clear.
    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    As for the title, I don't know it just makes me feel skeevy posting in a thread called "My Little Girl" that's all.
    Yeah, that too.
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2011-04-01 at 03:28 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Waitwhat?
    I wasn't criticizing you, not at all. What exactly would I criticize?

This line irritated me:
    Cute little Ponys run all around the place. MAybe your afatar gets hit by it and transforms to a Pony himself?
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2011-04-01 at 03:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

If I offended, I'm sorry. I was being tongue in cheek.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Perhaps we can form an anti-Trixie-the-Pony alliance of love and waffles
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Personally, I think the title's funny.
    ...as long as it's changed for tomorrow.

Seriously everyone. Calm down and feel the happy friendship?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Right. Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology. That alone makes me happy.

So, does someone care to copy-paste that Episode 21.5 summary in here again?
    Actually, I'll do it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    title: Squeak On You Crazy Darlin'
    Episode number: 21.576291
    Fluttershy singing to herself in the meadow and then an unseen assailant grabs her off screen.
    Queue Theme song
    You are shown a short scene where Luna is getting outfitted for a dress, and she mentions a concert that she's attending. But the fitting is interrupted by Twilight and Friends, who are worried that a string of Pony disappearence are occuring in Ponyville. When Rainbow Dash comes in and says she sees some Diamond Dog grabbing Fluttershy. So Twi and gang gives chase, where they found an underground empire of lizardman and winged monkeys music executives that employed Diamond dogs to "recruit" singers for their new Beatle-esque promoton band, cause down in the underground, music is power. we queue to Fluttershy being selected as lead singer, and she spent a nervous night plagued by hilarious dream sequence. Twilight heads to Canterlot for help while RD and AJ bets on whether Fluttershy can be found underground before nightfall.
    A non-confident Fluttershy gets a pep talk from a diamond dog manager but still freezes up at singing in front of large crowds. That's when the gang finds her and Pinkie jumps in for rescue with a new Pinkie Rock Ballet song (epic). During the song, Twilight arrives with Celestia while the song is in full bloom, here you see scenes of pony dancing to the song (including luna in her dress) Celestia seems shocked her sister is out at an underground dance party.
    The Lizardman executives tries to stop the impromptu rock concert and accidentally collaps the stage. Queue panicking ponies! (Trixie camo). Celestia uses magic and stops the collaps (melting the debris?) and awes the lizardmans. A new music industry is now regulated and ponies party in groovy underground concert without worries of lizardman executive meddling.
    (someone edit and come up with a moral)

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Celestia,
    Today I learned Not To Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood.
    Peace Out, Your Faithful Homie,
    Twilight Spizarkle
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-04-01 at 03:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Default Re: My Little Pony IV: Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Perhaps we can form an anti-Trixie-the-Pony alliance of love and waffles
    Spoiler
    Show

Edited for board safety by yours truly.
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-04-02 at 08:36 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Edited for board safety by yours truly.
    Can Derpy have the muffins when you're done squeezing them out?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Can Derpy have the muffins when you're done squeezing them out?
    If you got the Muffins out of a pony, I am not sure anyone would want them...
    GNU Terry Pratchett

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

If you got the Muffins out of a pony, I am not sure anyone would want them...
    My thought process after reading this post:

1: Muffins is as muffins does

2: Derpy Gump

3: I'm gonna go feel bad about imagining that now...
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-04-01 at 03:51 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    2: Derpy Gump
    ...Oh my goodness gracious. Somepony. Anypony. Make. This. Happen.

Who would be Jenny, though?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Bubba Derp's Muffin Shack.

"Y'know what sort of muffins you can make, Derpy? Bran muffins, chocolate muffins, blueberry muffins, orange cranberry muffins..."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Argh, now I'm debating whether a simple Derpy Gump or an overly long gag comic with Bubba Derp giving the "kinds of muffins" speech would be better.

CONFOUND THESE PONIES, THEY DRIVE ME TO CROSSOVERS.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Argh, now I'm debating whether a simple Derpy Gump or an overly long gag comic with Bubba Derp giving the "kinds of muffins" speech would be better.

Hee hee, I have that effect on people.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

You know what it represents, right? It's a chance to dive into (or make up) all the major events in modern Equestrian history. You would, through the words and actions of one wall-eyed pegasus, delve into the intricacies of Pony politics, pony economics, and the cementing of the pony-griffon embassy through the game of table tennis. There would be love, there would be heartbreak, there would be lessons learned, there would be obstacles overcome. And there would be muffins.

I cannot believe how perfect this is. Beginning to end. So amazing.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

You know what it represents, right? It's a chance to dive into (or make up) all the major events in modern Equestrian history. You would, through the words and actions of one wall-eyed pegasus, delve into the intricacies of Pony politics, pony economics, and the cementing of the pony-griffon embassy through the game of table tennis. There would be love, there would be heartbreak, there would be lessons learned, there would be obstacles overcome. And there would be muffins.

"Momma always told me life was like a box of muffins. Sometimes you knew what you were getting, and sometimes the baker would surprise you."

29. - Top - End - #59

oh wow, that so explains why Derpy is a single mom to Dinky. And that though she's a simple mail pony at a small pony town, she actually is a multimillionair tycoon of a thriving muffins industry...

edit: that means Dinky's father is an unicorn? named... Genny?
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2011-04-01 at 04:09 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    oh wow, that so explains why Derpy is a single mom to Dinky. And that though she's a simple mail pony at a small pony town, she actually is a multimillionair tycoon of a thriving muffins industry...

edit: that means Dinky's father is an unicorn? named... Genny?
    Or Dinky could be an adopted pony Derpy brought home from Pony-'Nam.