New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Post Whispers of Immortality: a Pathfinder 1e Supplement for Path of War

Whispers of Immortality Playtest [PEACH]

The path to immortality is winding and is different for each who walks it. Whether they seek to attain it through enduring crafts or arts, majestic magical works, great deeds of heroism or infamy, or founding their own dynasty. This book explores those who would leave their mark upon eternity through mastery of self and many of the different ways of doing so.

So I've been putting a new book together after the response I received for Shards of Power, and its finally all put together!

Playtest document can be found here

This is Whispers of Immortality, a 3rd party supplement for Pathfinder 1e using Dreamscarred Press's Path of War subsystem as well as Akashic Magic and Psionics, And Drop Dead Studios' Spheres of Power system. It incorporates many themes from Japanese, Chinese, Persian, and other mythologies to create fun and interesting content.

Inside you can find the Following:
    -The Mahesvara, an archetype for the Rajah Path of War/Akashic Magic class that has the ability to summon powerful champions associated with constellations.
    -The Dao Healer, an Akashic Magic archetype for the Medic class that punches people to life....or death.
    -The Mandala Disciple, an archetype for the Troubadour champions of the spheres class that can swap between various martial arts styles.
    -The Ahzeab, a Path of War archetype for the Volur akashic class that uses martial arts to weaken and cripple their foes.

-Alternate racial traits for 5+ races!

-15 new feats including a new type of feat: Trance Feats.

-New veils for every martial discipline and more, including Dao descriptor veils that enhance martial maneuvers!

Please PEACH and tell me what you think, leave me a comment either here or on the document.

Note: I'm currently working to get more art from the artist I used when Shards of Power was published. You can see her art in the link to Shards of Power in my signature or on my post in the Member-Produced-Commercial-Content thread.
    Last edited by RecordedChaos; 2024-03-07 at 11:53 PM. Reason: removed filler art
    Shards of Power for pathfinder 1e under Studio M over on DriveThruRPG, go take a look!

Whispers of Immortality playtest for pathfinder 1e, go take a look!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Whispers of Immortality: a Pathfinder 1e Supplement for Path of War

I really like the flavor and ideas in here, and will def try and test it if I get the chance. One thing I did notice on my first read-through, and apologies if this is too nitpicky, but the wording of Soundless Crash is confusing.

I think it's calling for the target to make an opposed attack roll, but it only actually says "opposed attack" in the Essence effect. It also references the opponents "check", which I think is supposed to be said attack roll?

Also, the Essence effect says they get a bonus on the opposed attack roll, but unless I'm totally misunderstanding, the target is the one making the opposed roll.

Apologies for any formatting weirdness, I'm writing this on mobile.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Post Re: Whispers of Immortality: a Pathfinder 1e Supplement for Path of War

Quote Originally Posted by Qazgir View Post
    I really like the flavor and ideas in here, and will def try and test it if I get the chance. One thing I did notice on my first read-through, and apologies if this is too nitpicky, but the wording of Soundless Crash is confusing.

I think it's calling for the target to make an opposed attack roll, but it only actually says "opposed attack" in the Essence effect. It also references the opponents "check", which I think is supposed to be said attack roll?

Also, the Essence effect says they get a bonus on the opposed attack roll, but unless I'm totally misunderstanding, the target is the one making the opposed roll.

Apologies for any formatting weirdness, I'm writing this on mobile.
    Huh, no, you're right. It is meant to be an opposed attack roll. Changed the wording to try and make it more clear on both the base veil effect and the essence benefit.

Please do give it a try, it was a lot of fun to write. Thanks for the PEACH!
    Last edited by RecordedChaos; 2024-02-26 at 09:01 PM.
    Shards of Power for pathfinder 1e under Studio M over on DriveThruRPG, go take a look!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Made further edits for clarity and balance

-Mahesvara: Fixed some grammatical and spelling errors, modified Borrow Legends class ability to balance against the rest of the class.
    -Dao Healer: altered wording for qigong ability to clarify its effects

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Made following edits:
    -Dao Healer: edited wording of qigong further for clarity. Proposed edit to prana mudra to clarify effects.
    -Mandala Disciple: fixed wording on mandala of styles to clarify effects. Fixed wording on persona quirks and actor trainings
    Last edited by RecordedChaos; 2024-02-28 at 09:25 PM. Reason: clarity edits

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Made the following edits:

-Mandala Disciple: fixed wording issues with Spark of Intuition and Shifting Paths class abilities. Fixed how Mandala of Styles interacts with Spark of Intuition.
    -Savitur: fixed issues with Rampant Intensity and Low/Middle/High Chakra Binding class abilities.
    Last edited by RecordedChaos; 2024-02-28 at 09:29 PM. Reason: edits for clarity

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Got comments that the background was too bold and made it difficult to read the text. Lowered opacity so the background is less overpowering but still present.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Made edits to some of the wording for several veils for clarity.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Removed placeholder art in preparation for final art and sketches

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Edited the Following Feats:
    -Dancing Leaf Kata- modified wording to bring in line with original intent and for clarity. Now allows weapon to be treated as light for the purpose of Weapon Finesse & Two-Weapon Fighting.
    -Feed the Fires of War- modified to change how fast healing works, base effect is now twice meditation feats and if three or more feats are possessed lasts 3 rounds.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Whispers of Immortality: a Pathfinder 1e Supplement for Path of War

Modified the following veils:
    -Feathers of the Quakiin- clarified how the Clouded Sky combat form base effect's miss chance stacks with other forms of miss chance. Changed how invested essence effects abilities to bring effects into better balance.
    -Implacable Decree- Modified benefits for investing essence. Changed binds in veil description to match actual binds.
    -Riving Spike- Clarified damage types of the granted weapon. Edited hands bind effect to include new effects for older options to spend motes.\
    -Song of Battle- Edited bind effects for clarity. Edited base effect for clarity.
    -Soundless Crash- Edited effects of Iai Strike for clarity, including effects from binds.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Made edits for clarity upon suggestion:
    -Savitur- edited wording of Stored Power ability to bring it in line with intention of effect
    -Sigil of Mentalism- changed wording to remove redundancy. edited essence effects.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Edits made for ability and power balance-
    -Sigil of Mentalism- edited base veil effect allowing you to expend psionic focus. effect now doubles bonus on a single autohypnosis check or will save, creating greater synergy with sleeping goddess effects.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Edited the Dao Healer's Qi Resurgence ability to now read as follows:
    "...When the dao healer does this, they and all allies within 30ft gain 1d4 temporary hit points for every remaining point of animus the dao healer possesses and a bonus on Fortitude saves equal to her medic initiation modifier for one round.
    These temporary hit points last for one minute or until lost, and stack with temporary hit points gained from other sources as normal (but not from additional uses of the medic's maneuver recovery). They may instead choose to reduce these temporary hitpoints by an amount up to the dao healer’s initiation modifier to gain that number as additional healing or damage to their next initiated maneuver that is used before the end of their next turn.
    If the dao healer had no uses of Prana Mudra remaining when they recovered their maneuvers, they may expend 2 additional points of animus as part of Qi Resurgence to regain 1 use of Prana Mudra.
    "

this brings the ability more in line with the original medic recovery ability while also including archetype's new effects and flavor.