New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Orc/Goblinoid Resources

made a change to the collection benefits. If no one objects to level 3 for the spell im gonna finish this sucker up and move on to hybrids and gobbin mom
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Could probably use it as a template though, say some goblins got their hands on it and began tinkering with it or something.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

I just picked up Goblins of Golarion yesterday and, I must say, they definitely go into some decent detail on goblin culture, though specifically the PF variety. PF ascribes against the litter idea, though the race seems to have initially started that way as legend claiming the goblins being descendants of barghests, which is a nice way to explain their connection, I think.

In any case, they have goblin mothers giving birth to 1 or 2 children at a time (chances of having twins not given) with a 5 month gestation period. The idea of a litter is still a bit about as the children are raised communally, by which they're put in a cage in the middle of the village and treated like pets till they grow big enough to fend for themselves and raid with the rest of tribe.

They also deal with the goblin scavenging for food via the raiding on nearby villages in a parasitic manner, as well as goblins having a propensity for pickling anything that may not otherwise be initially edible. There's also a propensity for cannibalism if food is scarce, putting recovered goblin corpses to use for filling living goblin stomachs. The corpses are otherwise fed to the pets kept by the tribe, like boars, or dumped away from the village so as not to have the stench of rotting goblin about.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Best thing i love about pathfinder goblins is the Goblin dog, its baisically a giant rat that looks like a dog, and has such terrible dander that any non-goblinoid creature that gets to close will have a chance of breaking out in a rash.

My bugbear ranger has one as a pet
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Best thing i love about pathfinder goblins is the Goblin dog, its baisically a giant rat that looks like a dog, and has such terrible dander that any non-goblinoid creature that gets to close will have a chance of breaking out in a rash.

My bugbear ranger has one as a pet
    They're alright, I still favor goblins with wolves and worgs, though, especially gulvorgs.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm a wolf/worg/warg person, hands down. However I can see the quirkier goblins getting levels in threatening riding a ratdog, and impressive moments being conducted astride a gulvorg.
    Last edited by Bleak Ink; 2011-08-19 at 01:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    [...] occasionally breaks into maniacal rants about menfolk, children, and the humans
    Phenomenal avatar by Fullbladder.
    Official Goblinologist of the Redcloak Fan Club. Proud supporter of Goblin Dan!
    Now, get back in line and sing along.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Draconi: You want the halfbreeds as racial feats, separate races, or something else?

GOBLIN MOM

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

"PUT THAT DOWN!"

You are the parent/ward of a small horde of squabbling brats (Goblins live communally and raise their children in the same manner). You are expected to give them a proper education, keep them under control, and keep them safe. A tall order for any mom when the kids massively outnumber you.

BECOMING A GOBLIN MOM
    Being a female Goblin of breeding age with sufficient common sense is all that's necessary.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Any Goblinoid
    Special: Must have raised, or be raising children, or be expecting
    Skills: Diplomacy 4 ranks, Gather Information 4 ranks, Heal 4 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks, Sense Motive 4 ranks

Class Skills
    The Goblin Mom's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (History, Local, Nature, Religion)(Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Cha), and Spot (Wis).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Fix Boo Boo's
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Screaming to Get What You Want
    3. +1    +1     +1     +3    I Raised You!
    4. +2    +1     +1     +4    Fix Boo Boo's
    5. +2    +1     +1     +4    Screaming to Get What You Want
    6. +3    +2     +2     +5    I Raised You!
    7. +3    +2     +2     +5    Fix Boo Boo's
    8. +4    +2     +2     +6    Screaming to Get What You Want
    9. +4    +3     +3     +6    I Raised You!
    10.+5    +3     +3     +7    Spanking
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Goblin Mom gains no new Weapon or Armor proficiencies.

Fix Boo Boo's (Ex): At Level 1 you seem to have gained a proficiency for fixing minor wounds children seem to accumulate daily. You may always Take 20 on a Heal Check.

At Level 4 your devotion to helping fix Maglubiyet's people causes him to grant you the ability to heal their wounds a number of times per day equal to your Charisma Modifier. Each use of this ability heals 1d4+your PrC Level in hit points. And it isn't even limited to Goblins or children. Score! (This is a Supernatural Ability).

At Level 7 you have learned that candy fixes all problems. Unfortunately this comes with a price: the dreaded sugar rush. A number of times per day equal to your Charisma Modifier you may enchant a piece of candy for up to 24 hours, and anyone eating it is Hasted (as per the spell, this is a Supernatural Ability).

Screaming to Get What You Want (Su): You have raised ranting to an art form. When you first get this ability choose which of the two paths you wish to follow: Intimidation or Humiliation. This is a Mind-Affecting Fear Effect, the opponent must be able to hear and understand you, and if he succeeds in his Save he is immune to your Screaming ability for 1 day.

For Intimidation at Level 2 you can make an Intimidate Check as a Full Action by screaming your head off. Every living opponent within 30' must make a Willpower Save (Save DC is equal to Intimidate Check) or be Shaken for the duration of the encounter.

At Level 5 the range extends to 60 feet, or you can choose to restrict it to one opponent and he is instead either Frightened or Cowering (your choice) for 2d6 rounds.

At Level 8 all opponents within 60' (living or not) must make the Save or be Frightened for 2d6 rounds, or you can choose to focus this on one opponent and he is instead Paralyzed in Fear for 2d4 minutes.

For Humiliation at Level 2 you can make a Bluff or Diplomacy Check as a Full Action by launching into a rant. Your opponent must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus Skill Check) or you have effectively cast Suggestion upon him. Range is 30 ft.

At Level 5 the range is 60 ft, and the Save DC is +2 if you personally know the victim well.

At Level 8 you instead may use Mass Suggestion.

I Raised You! (Su): At Level three you gain a certain aura of respectability among Goblinoids and their warbeasts. You effectively permanently gain the benefits of the Sanctuary spell against Goblinoids and their warbeasts (Worgs, Guulvorgs, etc) because you remind them of the women who raised them (and you may in fact be one of the women who raised them). Save DC is 10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier.

At Level 6 you can inspire Goblinoids and their Warbeasts ("Suck it up and stop being a wussie!") a number of times per day equal to your Charisma Modifier as a Standard Action. All Allies of the appropriate type within 60' get a +1 Circumstance Bonus to all rolls.

At Level 9 this Bonus increases to +2.

Spanking: If you successfully deal non-lethal damage to an opponent, he automatically fails the next Willpower Save you cause him to make so long as it is done within 6 rounds.

PLAYING A GOBLIN MOM
    Goblin moms must be a hardy breed. They have to run herd over the children, which after birth are frankly like little piranha with feet. Once they are cognizant enough you have to teach them little nuances like language, and distinguishing other Goblins from food. The comes religious instruction, how to avoid poison berries, etc.
    Combat: You're expected to enter combat only as a last ditch effort to protect the children. That being said you have some nice class abilities to delay or obfuscate till help arrives, and some healing for after.
    Advancement: Advancement for Goblin Moms is fairly similar. After all you don't get a lot of time or resources to allow you to branch out barring unusual circumstances.
    Resources: You work with the other Moms, so you theoretically have access to an excellent communication network. So while you have little financial compensation, you do get the respect of the tribe, and that gets you benefits in other ways. Favors for example.

GOBLIN MOMS IN THE WORLD
    "I don't envy her that job."
    You have the respect of the tribe, probably because you raised most of them never having gone off to war yourself. You can also scream a Bullette into submission. That comes in handy as a skill far more often than you'd like.
    Daily Life: Your daily life is cooking, cleaning, teaching, and child rearing, like any mom. You just study a few more things in your spare time.
    Notables:
    Organizations: Goblin Moms are a familiar organization in any village. Most wouldn't function too well without them.

NPC Reaction
    NPC Goblins are somewhere between respect and abject terror. Outsiders tend to pity you or at least respect your lungpower.

GOBLIN MOMS IN THE GAME
    A Goblin Mom assumes a village bound campaign unless circumstances have well and truly gone bad.
    Adaptation: This is mostly for NPC's unless the group agrees to a nanny centric campaign where their goal is to ride herd over kids. They may prefer enemies they can kill.
    Encounters: This is most definitely meant for silly campaigns.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's are supposed to wipe out a Goblin infestation when one of their women begins loudly addressing the mercenary captain calling him less than a man. Now your marching across a swamp so the women and kids of their tribe can find safe passage to another tribe. It seems self defeating somehow...

Name
    NE Female Goblin Rogue 6/Goblin Mom 6
    Init +2, Senses: Listen +, Spot +, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Common, Goblin, Orc
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC , touch , flat-footed (+1 Size, +2 Dex, )
    hp 42 (12 HD)
    Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +10
    ------------------------------------------------
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +7, Grp +1
    Atk Options Sneak Attack +3d6
    Combat Gear
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 16
    SQ Trapfinding, Trap Sense +2, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge
    Feats
    Skills Appraise +4, Bluff +10, Craft (Weaving) +4, Diplomacy +10, Gather Information +10, Handle Animal +8, Heal +8, Hide +8, Knowledge (History, Local, Nature, Religion) +4, Intimidate +8, Listen +8, Move Silently +8, Profession (Seamstress) +4, Search +8, Sense Motive +8, Sleight of Hand +4, Spot +8, Use Magic Device +4
    Possessions

EPIC GOBLIN MOM

Hit Die: d6
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int
    Class Ability
    Class Ability
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Goblin Mom gains a Bonus Feat every x levels higher than 20th

Child Companion
    You are now followed permanently by a small, clingy Goblin child.
    Prerequisites: Goblin Mom
    Benefits: This is similar to the Druid's Animal Companion Ability, but instead of an Animal you get a small Goblin Child.

Child Swarm
    You're now permanently surrounded by kids.
    Prerequisites: Child Companion
    Benefits: This is similar to the Druid's Animal Companion Ability, but instead of an Animal you get a swarm of Goblin children to replace your single one.

Mommie luvs Woofums
    You are now followed permanently by a small, clingy Worg puppy..
    Prerequisites: Goblin Mom, Handle Animal 4 ranks
    Benefits: This is similar to the Druid's Animal Companion Ability, but instead of an Animal you get a small Worg puppy.

Puppy Swarm
    You're now permanently surrounded by puppies.
    Prerequisites: Mommie luvs Woofums
    Benefits: This is similar to the Druid's Animal Companion Ability, but instead of an Animal you get a pack of Worg pups to replace your single one.

A Mother's Love
    You now radiate healing.
    Prerequisites: 4 Level's in Goblin Mom
    Benefits: When you use your 4th Level Fix Boo Boo's ability, you now Heal all Allies within 30'.

Work Dammit!
    "WORTHLESS PIECE OF ____!" You can now intimidate magic items into working better.
    Prerequisites: 4 ranks in Use Magic Device, Screaming to Get What You Want (Intimidation)
    Benefits: If you fail a Use Magic Device Check, once per day per Magic Item you may make an Intimidate Check as a Free Action. If you succeed the item works normally as if you had made the UMD Check.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-10-19 at 02:52 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Goblin Mom should probably use the presented image earlier, as that works just as well as any.

Also, request time! I don't know how interested or familiar you are with Pathfinder or the PF book Ultimate Combat but I'd love to see a Goblin Gunslinger PrC. Perhaps taking advantage of misfires or tricking their guns up at the expense of making them more prone to misfiring, given Goblin technology isn't exactly refined (or not at all, since it consists of scavenging whatever they can find from refuge and garbage).
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

GOBLIN MOM
    [snip]
    Fantastic. Thank you kindly, Bhu.
    Last edited by Bleak Ink; 2011-08-27 at 03:17 AM.
    [...] occasionally breaks into maniacal rants about menfolk, children, and the humans
    Phenomenal avatar by Fullbladder.
    Official Goblinologist of the Redcloak Fan Club. Proud supporter of Goblin Dan!
    Now, get back in line and sing along.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Separate races would be nice, but templates and/or a racial feat or two for each them (Bugbears for example can get a racial feat in pathfinder if they have the stealthy feat) would be fine as well.

Ideas for goblin mom:

Weapon proficiency: Rolling pin

Armor proficiency: Apron

Favoured enemy: Naughty children (Chaotic alignments?)

Abilities/spells: Kiss boo-boo (instant unfailable heal check), Band-aid (1d4+lvl healing as a free action, usable lvl+cha times a day), Sweets (+2 or +6 dex for lvl+cha hours, can't be +4 or it will conflict with cats grace), Spanking (Acts as a sneak attack that can also be used as an attack of opportunity when the goblin mom is attacked. usable X times per day) Mother's love (Aura that grants +5 temporary hitpoints to allies within 20ft, temporary hitpoints remain when outside of aura for lvl+cha rounds.) Mother's wrath (enemies within 20ft must make a will save or become frightened for lvl+cha rounds, if they fail the will save twice they will loose 2 Con and Str. Enemies that pass the will save can not be frightened by mothers wrath for two days.)

Child companion: (Example, can be changed.)

Starting at level one, the Goblin Mom gains a Goblin child companion listed below. At second level, and every even-numbered level afterwards, she gets "another" child. When this happens, simply add +1 hit dice, BAB, standard fist attack, full-attack bite, and all saves. As well as +2 to Str, Con, Dex, Int, Ride, escape artist, full-attack fists and kicks to the child below, the multiple children act as a single entity and can not be separated.

Each child weighs five pounds, and each additional child is plus five to that weight. At level ten, the Children gain swarm traits, meaning they are considered a medium entity, immune to critical hits and flanking, take half damage from slashing weapons, can not be staggered or reduced to a dying state, can not be tripped, grappled, or bull rushed, can not make grapple checks, are immune to spells that target a specific number of targets (unless said number is greater then the Goblin Mom's current child count) with the exception of min-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, ETC).

Goblin Child:
    Size/type: Tiny Goblinoid
    Hit dice: 1d4+1
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 40ft. (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +1 Dex, +1 armor), Touch: 11, Flat-footed: 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+3
    Attack: fist+0 melee(1d2-1)
    Full attack: 2 fists +0 Melee(1d2-1) 2 kicks +0 Melee (1d2-1) and bite +0 (1d3-1)
    Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
    Special Attacks: Sugar rush
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 40ft, Hitch-a-ride.

Saves: Fort: +1, Ref: +1, Will: -2
    Abilities: Str: 8, Dex: 12, Con: 12, Int: 5, Wis: 5, Cha: 18
    Skills: Ride +5, Hide +3, Escape Artist:+2
    Feats: ???
    Weight: 5lbs.

Combat:
    Sugar rush (Ex)
    The child companion(s) consume(s) some candy given to them by the Goblin mom and enters a sugar rush. While in the sugar rush they gain +4Dex +2Str, -2Int, and +10 speed. They remain in the sugar rush for 1d10 rounds or until dead. When the rush is over, the Child Companion(s) looses its bonuses and becomes Z. (Either exhausted or fatigued.)

special qualities:
    Hitch-a-ride:
    The Goblin child/children is/are so small that they can be carried around by either the goblin mom, or any other being able to carry them. While riding on another unit, the children take up no additional space, and are able to make a single attack from their mount per round. Clinging to a unit in combat requires a DC10 ride check (As a move action) or they will fall off and take 1d4 points of damage per size category higher then small. (Falling from a small unit will deal no damage, falling from a medium will deal 1d4 damage, falling from a large will deal 2d4 damage, ETC.) Riding around on a Goblin Mom does not require a ride check unless in combat, riding around on a willing mount requires a DC10 ride check only once (to get onto the mount) and riding on an unwilling unit requires a DC15 ride check to mount, and a DC10 ride check to stay mounted. Unwilling mounts may attempt to remove the goblin children at any time to a maximum of five times, should the goblin children succeed five consecutive DC10 ride checks, the unwilling mount must give up for at least 1d6 hours before trying again.

Naturally all this can be changed or twisted to your liking should you decide to use them.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2011-08-27 at 06:14 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

The ideas are different enough from the Kobold Mom that I can use them *evil glint*

Half breeds would seem to be rare enough that making them a race is silly. I was thinking of making heritage feats for each race. You basically take whichever parent you take after most as your race, and the heritage Feats for the other parents race. Sound ok?
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

true enough i suppose. just figured them being their own sepperate race, or perhaps even a template would be more interesting then a few feats, but your the one making em, so it's up to you
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

I could do templates to i spose
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe races with additional heritage feats might be better.

WHat crossbreeds you looking for Draconi?
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Every possible out of the three, Goblin/Hobgoblin, Goblin/Bugbear, and Hobgoblin/Bugbear. Mostly just to show that the three are indeed just separate races of the same species and can still successfully interbreed.

Though hybrids like that would probably be extremely rare and probably not have any real culture of there own and just adopt the culture of whichever goblinoid they live with. Most likely being the result of a goblin/hobgoblin/bugbear taking over a goblin/hobgoblin/bugbear* tribe and making a small harem out of the locals for itself.

*As it might be possible for a hobgoblin to take charge of a bugbear tribe and rally it into a more organized fighting force.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2011-09-06 at 02:48 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Miner Array done, Goblin mom has fluff

Draconi i need names for the hybrids, starting with teh Goblin/ Bugbear

KLEINBAR

[IMG]Picture URL if you have one[/IMG]

"you underestimate me due to my lack of height. Foolish choice.

A Kleinbar is the offspring of a Bugbear and a Goblin, an unusual event to say the least, and usually the result of a forcible encounter by a large bully. Or at least that's the stereotype they have to live with. They look like incredibly stocky Goblins with extra body hair and several layers of muscle.

KLEINBAR RACIAL TRAITS
    · +2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Cha
    · Size Class: Medium
    · Humanoid with the Goblinoid Subtype
    · Base speed 30 ft.
    · Dark Vision 60'
    · +1 Natural Armor Bonus
    · A Kleinbar has 2 Racial Hit Dice, giving it the following: 2d8 Hit Points, +1 base Attack Bonus, +0 Fort Save, +3 Ref Save, +0 Will Save, and (2 + Int modifier) skill points per level (with times 4 skill points for the first level). Class skills are Climb, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot. It also gets 1 Feat.
    · Kleinbar automatically speak Common and Goblin. Bonus languages include Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Elven, and Orc.
    · Level Adjustment: +0
    · Favored Class: Rogue

STARTING AGE
    Adulthood: 13
    Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer: +1d4
    Bard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger: +1d6
    Cleric, Druid, Monk, Wizard: +2d6

AGING EFFECTS
    Middle Age: 28
    Old: 43
    Venerable: 56
    Maximum Age: +2d10 Years
    If there are any aging effects that differ from norm list them here.

HEIGHT AND WEIGHT
    Base Height: Male: 4'5" Female: 4'3"
    Height Modifier: +2d8
    Base Weight: Male: 100 lbs. Female: 80 lbs.
    Weight Modifier: x (1d6) lbs.

KLEINBAR CHARACTERS
    If you're looking for a melee/rogue combo the Kleinbar does pretty good. It's physical bonuses allow it to be sneaky and fight if necessary, and even be decent at range. So it has some decent options, and it's lack of Int/Wis penalties can make it a decent Gish too.
    Adventuring Race: Stereotypically they go on adventures to prove themselves to both Bugbears and Goblins, and to get money. They tend to get the short end of things so they realize quickly the easy path of killing other people to get their money is a way out. Except it's not so easy, nor is it always a way out.
    Character Development: Kleinbar have a lot of anger due to their mixed nature and lack of acceptance from two societies. This doesn't mean they rage like the Orcs do, but they do have an unacceptably large tendency towards psychosis. It's not good to make them angry because not only are they pissed, but they have extraordinary focus.
    Character Names: Kleinbar use either Goblin or Bugbear names depending on which parents society has raised them.

ROLEPLAYING A KLEINBAR
    Other humanoids don't know what to make of you. You aren't quite a Goblin, and you don't have even the semi civilized veneer of the Hobgoblin war machine. Goblins look down on you for using your strength to settle problems when you consider it just another tool. One they don't have. Bugbears look down on you for not being strong enough. It's a wonder you lived to adulthood.
    Personality: Rage. You have a whoole lotta internalized rage. Being rejected at virtually every turn has made you a bit of a prickly pear, and there are those who love to goad you into proving the stereotypes about you true. Unfortunately they don't consider you might be an insane stalker who will dedicate his life to destroying them...
    Behaviors: Kleinbar behavior is antisocial, even for Goblinoids. They're outsider nature leaves them troubled and prone to seeking violence as a means of solving their problems. Many are accomplished serial killers,
    Language: Kleinbar speak Goblin and Common much like their parents.

KLEINBAR SOCIETY
    The Kleinbar belong to whichever parent they live with, meaning they live in either the Goblin or Bugbear cultures respectively.
    Alignment : Alignment is usually Neutral or Chaotic Evil, it largely depends on which parents society the Kleinbar tends to be represented in.
    Lands : Generally they live with their parental races unless cast out for some reason. Since one species lives in temperate plains and the other in mountains the Kleinbar generally live in villages on the edge of both.
    Settlements : See above.
    Beliefs : Religious beliefs are pretty much the. same as other Goblinoids, and they worship the Goblinoid Pantheon.
    Relations: The Kleinbar have the same inborn hatred of non-Goblinoids as their parental races. There is some animosity between them and the other Goblinids as well due to some prejudices. The Bugbears consider them too physically weak. Goblins note their tempers and tendency to solve problems with strength, and so consider them to be intellectually defective.

KLEINBAR ADVENTURES
    · Adventurers have wiped out the village while you were on a raid. The others are fleeing but you have decided to track down the humans and make them pay. Stealth and poison will do wonders for you.
    · You've been jailed because various local murders were seen being committed by a Kleinbar. You've seen the individual responsible and know it's something much more powerful than one of your kind. The problem is what to do about it when your buddies spring you from jail?
    · Father has passed away at long last, and left everything to you, much to the dismay of your Bugbear half brothers. Something doesn't add up as the old bastard never liked you. Instinct tells you a hammer is about to fall somewhere near your vicinity....

Bugbear Strength
    You have inherited your Bugbear parents power.
    Prerequisites: Kleinbar, must be taken at 1st Level.
    Benefits: You gain +2 Strength, but lose -2 Intelligence.

Goblin Agility
    You have inherited your Goblin parents agility.
    Benefits: You gain +2 Dexterity, but lose -2 Intelligence.

Born Wrong
    You were born psychotic.
    Benefits: You take a -2 Penalty on all Charisma Based skills except Bluff and Intimidation. You may always Take 10 on Bluff and Intimidation Checks, and they are always considered Class Skills for you.

Kleinbar Rage
    You are a little unstable.
    Prerequisites: Born Wrong, Rage 2/day
    Benefits: All of your Class Levels stack for purposes of determining how many times per day you can Rage. When you are in a Rage/Frenzy, you gain a Bonus on Critical confirmation rolls equal to your Armor Class Penalty.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-10-09 at 02:26 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin /bugbear would likely be Bugblin or Gobear, Goblin/Hobgoblin would probably be Hobgob or Gobhob, and Hobgoblin/bugbear would probably be Hobbear or Bughob. Or at least those are the first things that came to mind, your choice wich ones you use.

I can throw out some random ideas for raicial traits and such if you like, just not doing so at time of posting due it it being 3 AM and me being rather sleepy.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2011-09-13 at 04:00 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

I think we can be a bit more creative in coming up with names, like ye olde Orc/Ogre hybrids were called Ogrillons. Especially the Gob/Hobgob hybrid needs some serious differentiation on that scale.

Bugbear/Goblin: Gobber, Berren, Bugger
    Bugbear/Hobgoblin: Hobber, Hogger, Bubblin
    Goblin/Hobgoblin: Hobrunt, Gobrillon

...alright, that's not particularly any more creative but you get what I'm saying, right?
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

how about kleinbar it means small bear
    Orcs and Goblins

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

That could work yeah. though i do preffer Bugblin myself :P
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    That could work yeah. though i do preffer Bugblin myself :P
    Nothing says we can't have multiple names for critters. Looking at real world creatures, there are several names for them, depending on culture, region and language.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

The Half-Orc race from the players handbook 3.5 sucks.
    like really bad.
    why the hate? I really wanted to do a half-orc character, but they just cannot build as anything other than a boring fighter or barbarian.
    Can we re-write it please? its late here, so I cant write it tonight, but imma rewrite half-orc to be on par with the other races tomorrow. it's kinda an "orc" resource, so ill put a link up here at least, though I should probably post the actual thing as a seperate thread for PEACHing
    Custom avatar by me - based on my Half-Orc Eldritch Knight, Keth d'Lordran
    Spoiler
    Show

Tabletop RPGs
    Started with D&D 3.5, these days I mostly play 5E and occationally Call of C'thulu. Currently running two D&D 5E games over roll20

Magic: the Gathering
    Started with Return to Ravnica/Innistrad. I'll draft every once in a while but EDH is my favorite format by far.
    Decks: Lord Windgrace, Neyith of the Dire Hunt, Rielle the Everwise

Other Geeky Hobbies
    Ridley/Lucina main SSBU

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Bored, so i figure i'll throw in some random ideas for the Bugblins while my melatonin pill is kicking in.

Discription:
    Appear as medium-sized muscular goblins covered head-to-foot in thick hair, Taller then normal goblins, but still shorter then Hobgoblins, right around Dwarf size.

Racial Traits

+2 Str, +4 Dex, -4 Cha. Bugbear/Goblin hybrids are tough and dexterous like each of their parents, but their not-quite-either appearance can often be offputting.

Medium size (Short-End)

Humanoid (Goblinoid)

base speed 30ft

+4 racial bonus on Move silently checks and +2 on ride checks. Bugbear/Goblin hybrids inherit their parents natural stealth and skills with a mount.

Languages: Common, Goblin.

Society:

Often the result of Bugbears taking a liking to the Goblins they currently rule over, Bugbear/Goblin hybrids are born with an innate feeling of superiority towards their lesser relatives, only offset by their innate fear and feeling in inferiority towards their larger parent. Bugbear/Goblin hybrids often assume leadership roles under their higher parents in successfully ruled Goblin tribes, but are usually put to use for more menial tasks such as hauling lumber and other manual labours in Goblin-ruled Goblin tribes. A Bugbear/Goblin hybrid in a Bugbear society is very rare as Bugbears view the hybrids as inferior and often cast them out on their own. Bugbear/Goblin hybrids in a seat of common in a goblin tribe are often only granted the position by their bugbear parent preferring one of it's own line in charge as opposed to an unrelated Goblin.

Goblins view Bugbear/Goblin hybrids the fairest, though often only as tall stronger goblins to be used were needed and respected when the hybrid is in a position of power.

Bugbears view the hybrids as lesser to themselves, but superior to ordinary Goblins. Any showing of respect towards a hybrid by a bugbear is often simply due to shared blood or a lack of other bugbears.

Hobgoblins view Bugbear/Goblin hybrids as little more then large, hairy goblins that are a little tougher then normal. Should a Hobgoblin come into possession of a goblin tribe housing one or more Bugbear/goblin hybrids, it will attempt to make the best of it's abilities, either keeping it in it's laborious position or promoting it to an elite combatant should it show an interest in learning to fight.

Bugbear/Goblin hybrids as mentioned before have a sense of superiority towards Goblins, a sense of inferiority towards Bugbears, and no strong opinions towards Hobgoblins.

Usually Neutral-Evil.

I attempted to make a poorly-drawn image of the things, but it was taking so long so i just wrote this out. Feel free to use it, or don't again I’m just throwing ideas out there because boredom.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2011-09-15 at 10:23 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla_pasta View Post
    The Half-Orc race from the players handbook 3.5 sucks.
    like really bad.
    why the hate? I really wanted to do a half-orc character, but they just cannot build as anything other than a boring fighter or barbarian.
    Can we re-write it please? its late here, so I cant write it tonight, but imma rewrite half-orc to be on par with the other races tomorrow. it's kinda an "orc" resource, so ill put a link up here at least, though I should probably post the actual thing as a seperate thread for PEACHing
    It is true that normal half-orcs are rather bland in comparison to other races that actually have racial features beyond ability adjustments, darkvision and being treated as orcs. There are 2 versions of published half-orcs that are actually decent, those being Desert Half-Orcs and Frostblood Half-Orcs (Dragon Magic), though, even then, they don't have racial features dwarves, elves or halflings have. Taking a page from the PF Half-Orc gets you some actual features in terms of racial skill bonuses, an actual special ability and weapon proficiencies (though I really would have preferred if the Half-Orc ability adjusts had been +2 Str +2 Wis -2 Int). So, if we can do something like that, give Half-Orcs a boost to Survival, perhaps a racial bonus to HP like humans get to skill points, etc, it could balance out some, at least in my mind.

EDIT: As for the bugblin, there's a distinct lack of darkvision, as well as possibly scent and natural armor. Also, I'd think they'd still have 2 racial HD, considering bugbears have 3 and goblins have 1 which is overwritten when they take a class level, equating to 2 for a hybrid. As for the Ride bonus, that seems more a cultural than a genetic thing, since a bugblin would need a bigger mount that goblins are used to providing. Maybe there should be some unique bonuses for being a hybrid, something that comes forward for mixing those genetic traits. Something like a bonus to Cha skills when dealing with other gobbos, due to harnessing the strengths of both races, or being faster, due to overdeveloped goblin leg muscles on a bugbear chassis making them that much faster.
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2011-09-15 at 12:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Well like i said those were just random ideas for Bhu to use if he likes em, i figured thinks like Darkvision and Scent would be a given.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    It is true that normal half-orcs are rather bland in comparison to other races that actually have racial features beyond ability adjustments, darkvision and being treated as orcs. There are 2 versions of published half-orcs that are actually decent, those being Desert Half-Orcs and Frostblood Half-Orcs (Dragon Magic), though, even then, they don't have racial features dwarves, elves or halflings have. Taking a page from the PF Half-Orc gets you some actual features in terms of racial skill bonuses, an actual special ability and weapon proficiencies (though I really would have preferred if the Half-Orc ability adjusts had been +2 Str +2 Wis -2 Int). So, if we can do something like that, give Half-Orcs a boost to Survival, perhaps a racial bonus to HP like humans get to skill points, etc, it could balance out some, at least in my mind.

EDIT: As for the bugblin, there's a distinct lack of darkvision, as well as possibly scent and natural armor. Also, I'd think they'd still have 2 racial HD, considering bugbears have 3 and goblins have 1 which is overwritten when they take a class level, equating to 2 for a hybrid. As for the Ride bonus, that seems more a cultural than a genetic thing, since a bugblin would need a bigger mount that goblins are used to providing. Maybe there should be some unique bonuses for being a hybrid, something that comes forward for mixing those genetic traits. Something like a bonus to Cha skills when dealing with other gobbos, due to harnessing the strengths of both races, or being faster, due to overdeveloped goblin leg muscles on a bugbear chassis making them that much faster.
    Ah, yes, forgot about the desert half-orcs. I still feel like they could get +2 racial to survival and intimidate to be on par. Ill just ask my DM about that one. Dont remember the last time I saw a half orc character...
    Custom avatar by me - based on my Half-Orc Eldritch Knight, Keth d'Lordran
    Spoiler
    Show

Tabletop RPGs
    Started with D&D 3.5, these days I mostly play 5E and occationally Call of C'thulu. Currently running two D&D 5E games over roll20

Magic: the Gathering
    Started with Return to Ravnica/Innistrad. I'll draft every once in a while but EDH is my favorite format by far.
    Decks: Lord Windgrace, Neyith of the Dire Hunt, Rielle the Everwise

Other Geeky Hobbies
    Ridley/Lucina main SSBU

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Bhu is back Yaaaaay !!

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Kleinbar and GOblin Mom updated, gunslinger coming soon.
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone think the Kleinbar is a +1 LA as is or does it need something else to get it to that level?
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone think the Kleinbar is a +1 LA as is or does it need something else to get it to that level?
    Needs more, as right now I could see it fine as just working with 2 RHD and being balanced.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!