New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [4E/Dragonlance] Themes of Ansalon

"Themes of Ansalon"
    A 4E Dragonlance Supplement

A few weeks ago I sent in an idea to WotC proposing an article that introduces themes for the Dragonlance Campaign Setting. Well, they're not looking for anything relating to the setting for the foreseeable future, so I've decided to finish working on the project a little at a time.

The ultimate goal is to have a full set of themes (like those introduced in the Dark Sun setting book) for Dragonlance games, since it's my favorite of the "standard" fantasy settings. The final version will include a full selection of attack and utility powers PLUS a Paragon Path for each. I have not gotten very far yet, but I'll use this thread to post stuff as I do it.

List of Themes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Devotee of the Old Gods
    • Knight of Solamnia
    • Mariner
    • Tribal Protector
    • Unlikely Hero
    • Wanderer
    • Wizard of the Black Robes
    • Wizard of the Red Robes
    • Wizard of the White Robes

Previews/working copies of the "article" will be uploaded here as PDFs, since I can control the formatting a lot better than I could here on in the Playground.

Preview 1: Devotee of the Old Gods and Knight of Solamnia

So, as always, feel free to PEACH the work I've got here and offer up any other questions, comments, or wild screams of protest.
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [4E/Dragonlance] Themes of Ansalon

Giving this a little bump, in hopes that somebody has any comments about balance, etc.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's worth noting that WotC has basically abandoned DragonLance. From what I understand the licensing agreement ended in 2007 and they don't plan on doing anything new with it. You could try contacting Sovereign Press, since they're who has the production rights to DL right now, but I'm not sure if they'd be able to publish something that's specifically 4E... (As far as I know, anyway. I might be a bit out of date.)

Either way, your idea sounds cool. I love DL, so I wouldn't mind seeing more of this.
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Well, if I remember correctly, Sovereign Press's license to produce Dragonlance material ran out in Summer '08 when 4E came out. WotC now has control of the brand again, but according to the rejection I got when I submitted the article proposal, they're "not looking for any Dragonlance material at this time."

That why I decided to post here, to get some feedback. It doesn't look like, for the foreseeable future, anyone will be doing anything official with the setting, but I thought this would be a good place to get it posted.

I'm pretty busy with real-world stuff this week, but I hope to get the Wizards of High Sorcery themes done by the end of the weekend, maybe.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium