New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: One Piece: Grand Line 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTrainer View Post
    The page layout for this was a bit harder to do than usual. I hope the panel order's not too confusing. Then again... I suppose it could work as being a little confusing. >_>

http://dragontrainer13.deviantart.co...-057-221132494
    Somehow I know that Haki is going to be introduced purely to let the poor DM actually do something using guns against this crew.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Somehow I know that Haki is going to be introduced purely to let the poor DM actually do something using guns against this crew.
    Boy, until we'll see Haki on this comic I will probably get my master degree... and have married and had children (which requires me to find a right girl before that) Unless there's going to be a big time skip at some point and I hope there won't.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

I can definitely see all the outrageously strange and powerful enemies as a way for the DM to get back at the players for taking advantage of rules ("You are immune to bullets? Well this guy is immune to swords!"), but so far he actually seems like a pretty level-headed person and I'm curious as to how someone trying to run a 'serious' campaign could come up with something like a circus-themed pirate crew...

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

De-lurking just to say I love what you have so far and I'm looking forward to more, I've laughed pretty hard several times so far already.

Mind you at the current pace rate just catching up to the timeskip halfway point would make the whole thing 3x longer than all of MSPA, just for comparison. Heck even just having one page per episode for all except the important stuff like new main characters would still be longer than a lot of webcomics, this is quite a sizeable project <.<

....mind you, at 30 pages per episode it'd probably still be finished before the likes of Berserk, Vinland Saga, etc.

Anyway, good luck with it I'll be cheering you on from the shadows.
    Inigo Montoya avatar by Bradakhan.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: One Piece: Grand Line 3.5

I read some and it's interesting. I don't know the nature of how you're adapting it but I can see how it will only take off on its own the more it evolves.
    Baby B-day Turtle Avatar by Savannah
    fnord
    Ex-Keeper of The Birthdays (The Birthday Thread)

Official president of the Teevo must die fanclub

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

7. - Top - End - #157

I am thinking that Buggy and his Buggy-balls are going to be the GM response to all this high-power messing around. Well, at least he'll have a villain who can last more than one round.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

This looks good. But why did you call it 3.5? Because this seems like 3.5 character stats but other systems' rules and classes and such.

Also, I'm reading the manga that was linked for Sacro_Phage on page 1, so I finally get to see One Piece! I wanted to watch it so badly.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Honestly, I couldn't come up with a better name and I didn't want a "something A & something B" type name. D&D 3.5 was the first and few system-based RPGs that I've any familiarity with. I figured that there's so many other books besides the core rules out there that the book the characters keep referring to could just be another addition to D&D 3.5. Still, as long as I don't actually say that they're playing D&D, it's possible that the game they're playing could be the 3.5 edition of something else. Plus, I kept running into different ways to create game breakers whenever I'm looking up something on D&D 3.5. :p

http://dragontrainer13.deviantart.co...-059-231077481

Oh, and the Drunk Duck site update is finally done, too:
    http://www.drunkduck.com/One_Piece_G...ine_3_point_5/

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Brilliant

And soon the moment we have all been waiting for, when the GM realise Zorro for some reason is using a sword in his mouth
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Brilliant

And soon the moment we have all been waiting for, when the GM realise Zorro for some reason is using a sword in his mouth
    I can see it now...

GM: "You can't take multiweapon fighting!!!"

Also, for a name, you could've called it One Piece Grand Line RPG, or One Piece Grand Line D20.

And many thanks to kagato23 for linking the manga in the first page! I wonder how much DM fiat will go into the hawk-eyed man...
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-07-16 at 10:36 AM.
    My Steam profile

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    I can see it now...

GM: "You can't take multiweapon fighting!!!"

Also, for a name, you could've called it One Piece Grand Line RPG, or One Piece Grand Line D20.

And many thanks to kagato23 for linking the manga in the first page! I wonder how much DM fiat will go into the hawk-eyed man...
    Likely not that much. Hawkeye is likely one of the list of epic characters in the GM manual. After all, the GM wrote Zolo's backstory, so some mention of the guy who is the greatest swordman would likely be in there.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

I wonder how much DM Fiat will go into Crocodile. (Blanked out for spoilery name). Essentially, there's one guy whose power is more broken than something you'd find in Naruto.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Ha, I can see it coming now...
    When the GM is finally entirely annoyed by how Zorro and Luffy wreck his opponents he'll make Hawkeye show up and mention how he is in Zoro's character description which of course no one ever read. And then he'll at least have the justification to use someone so overpowered he can get back on his players (And he'll use that trick again and again until at some point someone finds the additional source book containing Haki rules)
    Though I wonder a bit if all the Strawhats will have their own player.. then the group would get pretty big over time.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Actualy, they all read Zorro's background.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Actualy, they all read Zorro's background.
    He was reading a few lines when he got it... you really think a proper GM would restrict his NPC's curriculum vitae to that? I'm sure there's a bunch nobody read.. well, maybe Nami's player.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

To start with, you seems to have confused CV with backstory, those 2 have very little in common.

Also, its not said anywhere that he only read a few lines, and it would be unlike what we know Zorro's player to not read it though, considering the risk of there being more mines burried.

Also, your comment regarding a proper Gm makes no sense whatsoever

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

To start with, you seems to have confused CV with backstory, those 2 have very little in common.

Also, its not said anywhere that he only read a few lines, and it would be unlike what we know Zorro's player to not read it though, considering the risk of there being more mines burried.

Also, your comment regarding a proper Gm makes no sense whatsoever
    Okay, sorry, CV was the wrong word. My bad.

But it'd be totally in character for Cory not to care for Zoro's backstory except for what appears to be the most obvious problem.

About the GM, I hope you realized I was kidding. As in 'if a GM makes a character he doesn't have a few lines describing him but a novel even if he is merely a peasant the PCs pass on the street'. Of course That's exaggerating but still, Zoro is much to important to be described by only the few lines Cory read aloud, I think.

19. - Top - End - #169

Lay off the Haki, will you? It doesn't become really prominent until much later in the series, and consider the nature and pace of the comic I wouldn't be surprised if we never actually get to it.
    Haki is kinda a sore spot with me because when it started to become more of a big deal marked when one piece started taking a turn for the less interesting.

But in any case, I digress. This isn't a thread for discussing one piece as a whole (as there's a different thread for that) but rather the comic parodying it.
    But still, it makes little sense to focus on developments that are literally years away rather then paying attention to what is going on now or in the immediate future.

As such, I wonder what the combat penalty for fighting with a sword in your mouth would be?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BiblioRook View Post
    As such, I wonder what the combat penalty for fighting with a sword in your mouth would be?
    My Steam profile

21. - Top - End - #171

Prerequisites
    Dex 13, three or more hands.
    'Off-hand' is one thing, but we are talking about using one's mouth. That rule was specifically designed with beings with multiple arms in mind. No matter how you look at it, Zoro only has two arms. Unless the DM here is a total pushover, Zoro really doesn't qualify for that.
    Last edited by BiblioRook; 2011-07-17 at 02:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BiblioRook View Post
    'Off-hand' is one thing, but we are talking about using one's mouth. That rule was specifically designed with beings with multiple arms in mind. No matter how you look at it, Zoro only has two arms. Unless the DM here is a total pushover, Zoro really doesn't qualify for that.
    Then I'd like to see you explain it.
    My Steam profile

23. - Top - End - #173

I was talking about in the hypothetical since. For the sake of the story he probably would get to have that feat because it would derail the comic pretty badly if a major character couldn't properly utilize his biggest characterization attribute.

But aside from that, if this was an actual game with a DM who had more control over his players, I wondered just what the penalty would be.
    More then -10 I'm sure, that sword is hardly designed to be used that way.

Edit: While I'm bringing it up, I wonder what his explanation for using three swords would be.
    Last edited by BiblioRook; 2011-07-17 at 02:38 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

I recently started reading this and so far, it looks pretty interesting. I'll just chronicle some of my thoughts as I read here:

There might be some spoilers for recent One Piece events though:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Page 2: Is that a subtle nod to Van der Decken I see?

Gotta love the PCs here. First reaction to not being pirates: Mutiny! And then become pirates!

Yep; Zoro is broken, but in the totally awesome way!

Page 9: Alvida must have gotten practice from kicking puppies.

Nami; proof that anything can be done gracefully if you put your mind to it.

Luffy's dynamic entry: Looks like Luke found the perfect character to roleplay. Also, character sheet looks pretty accurate. I fear for his Int score though.

Luffy being in the barrel in the first place: Sheesh Nat, when you put it like that, it sounds ridiculous.

Cory don't feel too bad about Coby getting on the wrong ship. After all, it happens to Zoro too... wait, I think I'm seeing a pattern here.

Diplomacy Roll: Comedy Gold right here! Fantastic; now I really want to try that in an actual D&D game.

Luffy and Coby vs. Alvida's entire crew; it's okay, Luffy's got this completely under control.

That DM is lucky, he has access to information on all of the devil fruits already. I'm kinda surprised that Luke wouldn't pick a Logia then; they must have too high of LA. Well, that and the fact that if he ever faces a Glue logia user, he's got the perfect thing to say.

Page 25: What is it with female redhead scoundrels and their feminine products?

Comments on page 30 kinda killed the mood, so I think I'll continue with this later.

Overall, so far this is awesome; keep it up!

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    About the GM, I hope you realized I was kidding. As in 'if a GM makes a character he doesn't have a few lines describing him but a novel even if he is merely a peasant the PCs pass on the street'. Of course That's exaggerating but still, Zoro is much to important to be described by only the few lines Cory read aloud, I think.
    Considering the fact that on the island Buggy is on, there is dog that gets his own flashback, this might not be as much of an exaggeration as you think.
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-07-17 at 10:29 PM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I've actually planned ahead as to how things'll play out in future events. This includes the explanation for Zoro's three swords. I've only a rough idea, though; not like I made scripts all the way to the Alabasta Arc ^_^. Hopefully, I'll be able to at least reach the Arlong Arc... some day... >_>

http://dragontrainer13.deviantart.co...-060-240812400

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

You know, I think the GM will get tired of the power of Luffy and Zoro and create the really powerful guys like Mihawk and Crocodile.

It's no wonder that Cory would take the risk of the Kitetsu Blade. Zoro's argument with Tashigi will probably be the GM and Cory arguing about how he's roleplaying.
    My Steam profile

27. - Top - End - #177

At my gaming table it's a well understood rule that anything you can do, the monsters (or enemies) can do too. The GM already said that he intended to use the absurdly overpowered rules with his NPCs in the future.

28. - Top - End - #178

And coming up is the MexicanStandoff
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2011-07-18 at 12:54 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179

Time to continue my random thoughts as I finish catching up to the most recent strip:

Spoiler
    Show
    WHAT'S THIS?! Ninjas, in a comic about Pirates! Do you not know of the ancient conflict as old as time itself? (well more like as old as the internet, but it really might as well be the same thing)
    Also, voice activated games: Don't give Nintendo more ideas!

You confound and confuse me with Gaara speaking in green, and Lee speaking in red.

So, Zoro is in, well, Not Shells Town. If he is still part giant and part fishman (he is), do you think that he can poop?

So that's how Cory got to become Roronoa Zoro.

Page 40: She made him onigweewee, I thought they were cookies.
    And thus Cory must name Zoro's signature attack "Oni Gweewee"

Page 41 and 42: I've had moments like this where we managed to get the DM to make an NPC of minor importance speak like Christopher Walken.
    Pfft, if he's so evil, then why hasn't he eaten a baby yet?

Page 43: Oh no! Grapple checks! Bring out the graphing calculator.

Page 46: bla bla bla plot stuff; but not the kind if "plot" we care about.

Hooray, Nami's character sheet revealed. Will she go with UMD, or levels in wizard to get access to lightning bolt, mirror image, and obscuring mist, I wonder?

Page 50: I read Luffy's line in the None Piece voice, and then I read that that's where you stole it from. It was just as funny the second time.

"Can you even run while grappling?" I don't know, but I do know that you won't go through the trouble of checking the rules to find out! Great moment.

And, finally caught up. Fun fact, for each sword Zoro uses, his strength increases by 200%. He didn't cut the ropes, simply holding his swords gave him the strength to burst the ropes.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Huge wall of text this time. After the explanation (which I hope no one flames me for) I wanted to end the strip on something funny. So... yeah. (">_<)

http://dragontrainer13.deviantart.co...-061-243615350