New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default the game of deities (RP thread)

Recruitment thread is here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239998

OOC thread is here:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240193

to start with the first game day begins now and subsequent game days will begin at 12 noon GMT every day which is when new karma and labour points are generated

the rules can be found in the Recruitment thread and the OOC thread and any discussions about them will be made in the OOC thread.

so with all that said have fun guys it should be a good game
    Last edited by jlmdragon; 2012-04-18 at 04:41 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: the game of deities (RP thread)

hm, I'll try to get the ball rolling.
    Eth
    Domain Attack: 0
    Domain Defense: 1
    Karma Bonus: 3
    My villagers spend the day expanding Murn's water income by 2. I use my 9 points of Karma to summon spirits of wind to spread through the land and tell my people and myself of it's inhabitants (9 karma + 1 level + 2 Wind mastery = 12).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

um you are currently only generating 6 points of karma each turn, also that karma starts with being 3 positive and 3 negative, so just change it so that you spend all 6 points of karma to summon spirits of wind for a effect total of 9, also it would be good if you listed what the stats for the settlement was at the end of the day so in this case:

population: 30
    water income: 32
    food income: 30
    shelter: 30
    defences: 0

this just helps people to keep track of things

as for what your wind spirits find, as they travel though the air they spot another settlements with the following stats

water income: 41
    food income: 42
    shelter: 44
    defences: 10

they also spot 11 guards defending the settlement, they seem to be relatively peaceful with the defences purely for their own protection they are about half a days travel away by foot from your settlement and they do not know of your presence yet, nor do they worship a deity.
    Last edited by jlmdragon; 2012-04-18 at 08:31 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, I though I got 3 additional points from the karma bonus, or did you mean that summoning only works with positive karma?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Mabn View Post
    Huh, I though I got 3 additional points from the karma bonus, or did you mean that summoning only works with positive karma?
    oh oops i forgot about that, ok so the effect value is 12 instead of 9

also since you have used you power to help your people and not made demands on the them yet they will start to generate more good karma now making for making 4 positive karma and 2 negative karma plus you have that bonus 3 karma of any kind that you want.
    Last edited by jlmdragon; 2012-04-18 at 08:47 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sending the ten points;
    Power level; 1
    Domian defence;1 (Spend 1 point)
    Domain attack;0
    Karma income bonus;+3(spend 9 points)
    water income: 30
    food income: 30
    defences: 0
    Karma Generated; 9(6+3)

My people spend the day improving the narrow passes leading out of the valley, with traps and hidden walls (+2 Defences, 12 LP), and also finish with a added irragiation field (+2 food income, 12 LP), they also spend the day making some strengthened sycthes (comabt value 3, they're also used for farming, 6 LP). I gather the energies my people provide, and using the karma, to scy for nearby towns (3 Postitive karma+2 for Magic(Divination)+1 PL for 6 total effect. The vision is of nearby towns), I gather up all the negative karma and create a small set of battle runes for mortals to use later(3 Neg karma+3 Rune+1 PL=7). With the remaining energies, I imbue a seer with the abillity to predict danger to the town(Divination. 3+2+1 PL=6, so total effect of 6.)
    I have tried to divine where some other towns are loctaed, and created a new form of weapon for mortals out of negative karma(Not releasing it yet), and allowed a mortal agent the abillity to forsee danger to the village.

Village stats would be;
    food income: 32
    defences: 2
    Karma Generated; 9
    Combat value; 3
    LP; 0
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-04-18 at 03:05 PM.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Edrod's Stats (repost from recruitment forum)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edrod, the Gray Knight
    Power Level: 1
    Expression Masteries: War 1, Justice 2, Civilization 2
    Domain Attack:2
    Domain Defense:2
    Karma Bonus:2
    Karma Points: 3 Pos 3 Neg
    Power Points: 0

In the morning, the people of Hightower rise and set out to perform the work of Edrod. They begin by building stone walls around the settlement to protect it (Defense value 2, 12 Labor Points). They also forge axes to symbolize the might of Edrod (combat value 2, 4 labor points). They also build some new houses and an inn to welcome travellers (Shelter value 4, 12 points).

For his part, Edrod uses his Civilization mastery to divinely inspire some members of the village to become travelling missionaries, to spread word of Hightower and the teachings of Edrod (3 pos karma, create scout).

So end of the day:
    Edrod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edrod, the Gray Knight
    Karma Points: 2 Pos 3 Neg (-3 from create scout, +2 from Karma bonus)
    Power Points: 0

Hightower
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hightower:
    Population: 30
    Shelter Value:34 (new homes and inn, 12 labor)
    Food Value: 30
    Defense Value: 2 (built stone walls, 12 labor)
    Combat Value: 2 (ceremonial axes, 4 points)
    Labor Points: 2

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I forgot to put the numbers on the scouts (3 karma+1 level+2 mastery= 6)
    Sorry

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Name; Gausst, God of Storms
    Power Level; 1
    Masteries; Air:2, Water:2, Thunder:1

Village; Torvill
    Shelter Value: 30
    Food Income: 30
    Water Income: 30
    Defence Value: 5
    Attack Value: 5
    Karma Bonus: 0

The Villagers arm their scouts with their finest weapons and armour. These will be the men that go down In history as the Vangaurd of Gausst. As they leave the village, a single thunderbolt flies down from the heavens and earths It's self on their swords. The scouts notice a single thunder hawk flying above them. There spirits cheered they head into the woods.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Point breakdown.

Starting ten points: Five into Attack Value, Five into Defense

Labour Points (30); Five scouts produced (CV 1) at four points a piece. Five Scout Kits Produced (CV 1) at two points a piece.

Karma Points (6); Five points used to buff the scouts with my thunder mastery, one point to create a thunder hawk to lead them to the nearest village.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Domon's stats @ beginning of day
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domon
    domains: earth 2, farming 2, water 1
    domain attack: 0
    domain defense: 1
    karma bonus: 3
    karma points: 9 positive (6+3)
    power points: 0

Brotville stats @ beginning of day
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brotville:
    Shelter value: 30
    Food income: 30
    Water income: 30
    Defence value: 0
    labor points: 30

As the sun rises, the people of Brotville build new houses (population +4, 12 labor points), and expand their farms (food +3, 18 labor points).
    With a rumble, three small earth spirits arise from the ground and fan out across the land, searching for other settlements. (3 karma, earth domain)

End of day stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domon
    karma points: 6 positive (6+3)

Brotville:
    Shelter value: 34
    Food income: 33
    labor points: 0
    Last edited by white rider; 2012-04-18 at 06:54 PM.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsage Matt View Post
    My people spend the day improving the narrow passes leading out of the valley, with traps and hidden walls (+2 Defences, 12 LP), and also finish with a added irragiation field (+2 food income, 12 LP), they also spend the day making some strengthened sycthes (comabt value 3, they're also used for farming, 6 LP). I gather the energies my people provide, and using the karma, to scy for nearby towns (3 Postitive karma+2 for Magic(Divination)+1 PL for 6 total effect. The vision is of nearby towns), I gather up all the negative karma and create a small set of battle runes for mortals to use later(3 Neg karma+3 Rune+1 PL=7). With the remaining energies, I imbue a seer with the abillity to predict danger to the town(Divination. 3+2+1 PL=6, so total effect of 6.)
    I have tried to divine where some other towns are loctaed, and created a new form of weapon for mortals out of negative karma(Not releasing it yet), and allowed a mortal agent the abillity to forsee danger to the village.
    dispelling the negative karma like, that will make your settlement only generate positive karma now unless you do something to change that

the divination results are:

you spot the vague images of a settlement half a day away the stats you can make out are

defence: 10

number of guards 11

as for dangers there are some wild animals but nothing that directly threatens the settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    For his part, Edrod uses his Civilization mastery to divinely inspire some members of the village to become travelling missionaries, to spread word of Hightower and the teachings of Edrod (3 pos karma, create scout).
    your deity sees the missionaries reach a settlement after half a days travel, there they spread the word to the people there and covert 6 of them there to worshipping you, on the next day you will now get 6 labour points to spend at that settlement and also gain one positive karma from them.

the stats of the settlement are

population: 30 (6 of which worship you now)

number of guards 11

next day your settlement will generate 4 positive karma and 2 negative karma.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDalyus View Post
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Point breakdown.

Starting ten points: Five into Attack Value, Five into Defense

Labour Points (30); Five scouts produced (CV 1) at four points a piece. Five Scout Kits Produced (CV 1) at two points a piece.

Karma Points (6); Five points used to buff the scouts with my thunder mastery, one point to create a thunder hawk to lead them to the nearest village.
    when the scouts reach a settlement half a day's travel away they are stoped by the guards and made to disarm before they can enter it, once they do they learn everything about the settlements that they can and then make camp out side the settlement before making the journey home

since you use 5 people to make the scouts you will now only get 25 labour points at the start of the next day the stats of the settlement you found are

number of guards 11

next day your settlement will generate 4 positive karma and 2 negative karma.

Quote Originally Posted by white rider View Post

As the sun rises, the people of Brotville build new houses (population +4, 12 labor points), and expand their farms (food +3, 18 labor points).
    With a rumble, three small earth spirits arise from the ground and fan out across the land, searching for other settlements. (3 karma, earth domain)
    the earth spirits can easily pick up on the buildings of a nearby settlement about half a day away as well as how they farm the land but when it comes to people and water a they are a bit unclear

stats of the settlement you found are:

also all player settlements start by generating 3 positive karma and 3 negative karma next day your settlement will generate 4 positive karma and 2 negative karma.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Eth
    Power level: 1
    Domain attack:0
    Domain defense: 1

Murn
    defense: 0
    food: 30
    water: 32
    guards: 0

I sustain my wind spirits for (12/2) - 1 power - 2 wind = 3 karma.

my village sends an envoy of three villagers, with whom I send as guards a group of my spirits, to the discovered settlement loaded with a sample of the art, clothing, furnishing, and tools for which Murn would be known and tasked with opening trade relations.

The rest of my villagers I show the finest areas of their river from which to draw food, water, and clay (river 2 + power 1 + karma 3) and the finest groves of their forest from which to gather wood, fruit, and acorns (trees 1 + power 1 + karma 3), using my remaining wind spirits to aid me.

village stats unknown

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Mabn View Post
    I sustain my wind spirits for (12/2) - 1 power - 2 wind = 3 karma.

my village sends an envoy of three villagers, with whom I send as guards a group of my spirits, to the discovered settlement loaded with a sample of the art, clothing, furnishing, and tools for which Murn would be known and tasked with opening trade relations.

The rest of my villagers I show the finest areas of their river from which to draw food, water, and clay (river 2 + power 1 + karma 3) and the finest groves of their forest from which to gather wood, fruit, and acorns (trees 1 + power 1 + karma 3), using my remaining wind spirits to aid me.

village stats unknown
    firstly it cost 6 karma to keep the wind spirits since the effect of the action was 12, second how many wind spirits are there? also how is the effect value of 12 spread among them?

as for trading you need to spend labour points to make the stuff to trade with other settlements so how much are you spending?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Start of day:
    Edrod, the Gray Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Karma Points: 6 Pos 3 Neg (4/2 + 1/1 karma bonus + 1/0 from new converts)
    Power Points: .5 (leftover karma from yesterday)

Hightower:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shelter Value:34
    Food Value: 30
    Defense Value: 2
    Combat Value: 2
    Labor Points: 30

New Settlement
    Spoiler
    Show
    population: 30 (6 of which worship me)
    Labor Points: 6
    number of guards: 11

Edrod begins by sending a message to his missionaries to continue their work in the new settlement (sustain divine action, 3 karma). The people of Hightower clear new land to make for larger farms (30 labor points, +6 to food) and the new converts set about constructing a small shrine in their village to honor Edrod (6 labor points, +2 to shelter). Edrod finishes his day by expending his remaining karma (3 Pos, 3 Neg) and his Civilization Expression to create 3 divine emissaries to seek out like minded deities on the astral plane (6 karma + 2 Expression + 1 Divine rank= 9 power).

End of Day
    Edrod, the Gray Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Karma Points: 0 Pos 0 Neg (3 sustained action, 6 create emissaries)
    Power Points: .5 (leftover karma from yesterday)

Hightower
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shelter Value:34
    Food Value: 36 (+6 from new farmlands)
    Water Value: 30
    Defense Value: 2
    Combat Value: 2
    Labor Points: 0

New Settlement
    Spoiler
    Show
    population: 30 (6 of which worship me)
    shelter: 46 (+2 from shrine to Edrod)
    Labor Points: 0
    number of guards: 11

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I thought we applied masteries to our sustain miracles, i change the total power of my other miracles to 4 each then.
    I imagine a lot of basically insubstantial spirits, so maybe 12, with the effective value spread between them evenly.
    The things the envoys were sent over with were items Murn had lying around. Although they might incidentally be sold and have to be replaced, their main purpose was to show the village what things Murn generally made in order to gauge interest and hear their offers for different goods. If necessary, I'll devote 10 labor-hours to producing the samples.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Start of day
    Spoiler
    Show

Power level; 1
    Domian defence;1
    Domain attack;0
    Karma Income; 9
    Village stats would be;
    food income: 32
    defences: 2
    Karma Generated; 9
    Combat value; 3
    LP; 30

The people of the Grimhold continue to hide their moutian village (+3 defence, 18 LP), and expand their pastures (+2 food, 12 LP). I change my gift slightly to the Oracle. Now instead of just granting the abillity to forsee danger, I also give her the abillity to cast limited divinations, by the casting of runes(She now forsees the future by the casting of divination runes. 3 Karma+2 Divination+3 Rune+1 PL=9). I keep the rest of the energies, to be stored for later.

End of day
    Spoiler
    Show
    Power level; 1
    Domian defence;1
    Domain attack;0
    Karma Income; 9
    Karma left; 6
    Village stats would be;
    food income: 34
    defences: 5
    Karma Generated; 9
    Combat value; 3
    LP; 0

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

PaladinGuy

start of day stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domon
    karma points: 12 positive, 3 negative (6+3)

Brotville:
    labor points: 30

The people of Brotville build irrigation canals (water +2, cost 30), and watch in wonder as a spring spurts up in the middle of the town (water +1, 1 negative karma [to break the ground], 2 positive karma [to start the water])
    As the sun sets, a stone wall rises around the town (+1 defense, 2 negative karma)

end of day stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domon
    karma points: 0 (6+3)
    power points: 1

Brotville
    Population: 33
    Water income: 33
    Defence value: 1
    labor points: 33 (next day)
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Name; Gausst, God of Storms
    Power Level; 1
    Masteries; Air:2, Water:2, Thunder:1

Village; Torvill
    Shelter Value: 30
    Food Income: 30
    Water Income: 30
    Defence Value: 10
    Attack Value: 5
    Karma Bonus: 0

The Villagers build walls around the city. Gaustt creates a mighty shark, and gives it teeth of thunder. It's mission Is to seek out costal cities and bring a ship back intact from one of them. The scouts are tasked with trapping and patrolling the woods, confiscating any arms and armour in order to defend Torvill.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Labour Points; 25 spent on walls.

Karma; 7 [4points+2 water mastery+1 divine level] to create the shark and 5 [2 negative points + 1 thunder mastery + 1 divine mastery] to arm It.

19. - Top - End - #19

PaladinGuy

start of day stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domon
    karma points: 9 (6+3)

Brotville
    Population: 33
    Water income: 33
    labor points: 33 (next day)

The people of Brotville replace the magical wall with one of stone, (defence +1, 6 labor points), widen their irrigation system, (water +1, 15 labor points), and expand their farms (food +1, 6 labor points), and finish the day by building another home (shelter +1, 3 labor points).

Domon allows the constructed walls to fall, but creates another spring (3 karma), while continuing the flow from the first fountain (2 karma), and creating a wide swath of farmland (1 karma, +2 food [special domain affect])

end of day stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domon
    karma points: 3 (6+3)

Brotville
    Population: 35
    Shelter value: 35
    Food income: 35
    Water income: 35
    labor points: 35 (next day)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

(Real life is getting busier for me so i'm going to slow things down here a little to cope, karma and labour points are not generated once ever 3 real time days so the next game day begin on Monday 12 noon GMT)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Eth:
    I sustain my wind spirits, using them to aid my people and warn them of danger (k6), depending on the results of negotiations with the other village, my people will either begin to produce goods or continue to expand the town.

22. - Top - End - #22

PaladinGuy

start of day stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domon
    karma points: 12 (6+3)

Brotville
    Population: 35
    Shelter value: 35
    Food income: 35
    Water income: 35
    labor points: 35

Domon keeps the fountains running (4 karma) and keeps the fields growing (1 karma).

The people of Brotville expand the irrigation system (+1 water, 15 labor), build new farms (+2 food, 14 labor) and build houses (+2 shelter, 6 labor)

end of day stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domon
    karma points: 8 (7+3)

Brotville
    Population: 36
    Shelter value: 37
    Food income: 37
    Water income: 36
    labor points: 36 (next day)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Start of Day
    Spoiler
    Show
    Power level; 1
    Domian defence;1
    Domain attack;0
    Karma Income; 9
    Karma left; 6
    Village stats would be;
    Karma Generated; 9
    Combat value; 3
    LP; 0

The people of the Grimhold begin work on a system of pipes, ment to siphon off melt water from the glacier (+2 Water income, 30 LP)
    The Oracles gift is sustained (1.5 karma spent).

End of turn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Power level; 1
    Domian defence;1
    Domain attack;0
    Karma Income; 9
    Karma left; 3.5
    Power points; 1
    Village stats would be;
    water income: 32
    Karma Generated; 9
    Combat value; 3
    LP; 0
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-04-23 at 07:17 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

PaladinGuy

Is the game dead?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I guess so, I didn't want to be the first to say it and jinx it though.