New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant HQ

[Courtyard]

By now, the ectoplasm encasing Gordon has solidified to the effect of some other spell Feia appears to have cast.
    So he shouldn't be able to move at all, save perhaps his head, just a touch.

Undoubtedly she would be shaking in her metaphorical boots if she knew what Gordon was thinking.
    Or felt threatened by him in the first place.

For now, the sorceress watches the exchange with mild interest.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

"As I said, I know you want to run Inside, so here's the deal, you're going to get your chance. And it'll be by doing the worst thing imaginable to you. Gordon, you're going to be a politician."
    She says with a chuckle. "You'll get your spot at the head of Inside, but only with a dozen others at your side. Whatever you do will have to be fought for against people who would kill you with absolutely no fear of you, or doubt that they're just in doing so if you even make a single hostile move against them."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

[Command Tent]

Sornnolu stands again. "We only ask for a place in your city." He says, bowing graciously. The drow then turns and walks back to his mount, retrieving a long box that was strapped to the saddle. He brings it back and lays it on the table, sliding it halfway to Vasquez before stepping back a respectful distance.

The box itself was made of a dark colored wood with a tight grain and an almost purple hue. The latches and hinges were mithral etched with flowing abstract designs. The top was inlaid with a carved scene, worked in alabaster, the transparent quality of the stone giving the image an almost lifelike luminescence. It depicted scenes of the underdark in amazing detail. Strange creatures crawled amongst queerly shaped fungi and delicate cave formations. At the center of the carving a battle was raging, between a single female figure and a massive dragon. The dragon's eye was a single flawless star ruby. The warrior's armor and blade were made from carefully etched mithral.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Command Tent

Vasquez will accept the box and trace a finger along the etchings. The box itself was worth a small fortune and would be a gift in and of itself. To say it was beautiful was a massive understatement. She looks up at the Drow with a nod, clearly accepting it before she even opens it. "How many of you would there be?" She asks as she begins to open the box if possible, being careful not to damage it. "And if you have residence here, you would be required to follow our laws." What she doesn't say, but what her tone implies, is that it'd be required on the surface at least. She understands how Drow operate. They'd do anything they could get away with, but had no qualms about getting rid of those who were caught.

And she'd be keeping a close eye on any that arrived.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Gate

Dizzy looks Zefir over. "What guarantee would we have that you wouldn't try to backstab us?"
    Gate

"I have nothing to gain since I think AMEN isn't really aware of me. But we both knew they got great mages and stuff which could make me a sleeper. I won't mind if you got some non violant plans to clear this. It will be in my intresst as well."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

[Command Tent]

"Less then one hundred of my kinsmen. Mostly soldiers or the working class, looking to carve out a new life in the 'frontier', if you will. There is more opportunity here for them than in our home city. Though, if you require more assistance, we would certainly be glad to bring in more soldiers to aid you. If we are to make a new home here, it must be secure, must it not?" Sornnolu asks with a polite smile. "And of course, we would instruct our people to follow every law. Though it may suprise you, we have many similar laws. Justice is served swiftly in the Underdark." The mage assures her.

The latch and hinges on the ornate box move easily, the components constructed to work together smoothly. Inside, the box was lined with padded velvet in a rich royal blue. Set inside a custom made depression was a sword. It was a little over three feet long, with a wide curving blade. It had a deep furrow running along its length. The last foot of the blade was flared and sharpened on both sides, so it could be used for thrusting as well as slashing. The metal itself was dark, swirling with lines where it had been folded over, again and again. Thin lines of mithral were inlaid on the blade, words in flowing drow script. The hilt was in the form of a dragon, also worked in mithral. Its eyes were a pair of rubies and its teeth clamped around the the base of the blade. Its wings flared wide to form the crossbar, and its serpentine body curved downwards, acting as a hand-guard. The dragon's claws clutched the sword's grip, which was wrapped in a supple black leather. Its tail wrapped around an egg sized faceted ruby, forming the pommel. Tucked into a slot in the velvet, just above the curving blade, was a ring, also made of mithral, depicting a miniature version of the dragon on the hilt, wrapped around another star ruby.

"She is called Ethe'ithra Xullafay Quarcyrl. The Mithral Dragon with Eyes of Ruby: The Eternal Companion." Sonnolu declares.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Goblins

Geoff nods. "There a lot that needs to be done, but right now, I'd like you all to repair the wall and buildings."
    Sure, we can do that. Wish Reelshka was here, though.

[Command Tent]

Anatolij is standing behind Vasquez in case the drow turn out to be up to something. It doesn't look like it now, of course.

[Courtyard]

Dipsnig dismouts Viima and looks around, wondering what the purpose of his being here is.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Courtyard

A few pug puppies start sniffing at Viima, one of them offering to play, one of them attempting to nurse (), and the third growling and claiming dominance over the scary wolf who has shown up on her territory.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #369
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dipsnig will see a large robot, abnout ten feet tall, standing still and blinking. Occasionally it speaks.

Data requested on the location of "Iggy".

Repairs required.

Data requested on the location of General Leon Vettel, General Jonathon Noir.

Data requested on the outcome of the battle, and this unit's efficiency.

It's just standing there, saying these things over and over and over.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Idari heads back towards headquarters, having made her rounds.

She'll check for any messages, or if there's anything for her to do at the moment.

If there isn't, however, she'll seek out Vasquez. She has something she wants to ask.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-04-14 at 08:23 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Command Tent

Vasquez lifts the blade gently from the box and turns it over slowly as she looks it over. "I can honestly say that this is one of the most beautiful blades I've seen." She nods and sets it back in the box, thinking. Less than a hundred he said...

That means it'd be a little more. Practically as many as they could get Inside without attracting too much attention, but it was a small enough number that they could easily hide many if she sent someone to look.

Even so...one hundred expert assassins and soldiers at her disposal if they honor the pact....

It was undoubtedly a risk, but one with great benefits for both sides. Even the Matron would likely think twice about trying to take command of Inside, and would know her forces would be under strict watch. Not only that, but an open trade route between here and the Underdark would provide even more of a profit than only the black markets. Sure, the extremely deadly things, such as poisons, could never be sold openly, but having the open markets would raise awareness of Drow products, making more people seek the darker things in life.

"Tell your Matron that I am pleased with the gift, and that she may send her people to take residence here. I look forward to dealing with her in the future with great anticipation."

Dipsnig

Unfortunately, Dipsnig came very early, so will probably have to wait a while until preparations are complete. Mostly getting others to accept the invitation.

Idari

She'll either find the Vasquez in the Command Tent, the plotclone in the Courtyard with Gordon, or another plotclone could be found in the Comm Center if it can't wait.

Robot

Geoff is about to reply to the goblins, but stops when he hears Iggy's robot. He decides to answer it's questions. "Location of Iggy is unknown. Generals Noir and Vettel are MIA. We have won the battle. Give me a diagnostic and I will repair you."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-04-14 at 08:57 AM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

The Comms Center one.

Who will probably be surprised at her concern. "GLoG has two Celestial Exalted on their council. While they're not holding sole authority, I'd still keep an eye out if nothing else."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Comm Center

She raises an eyebrow. "And why does this seem to worry you?"

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

"Because I know full well that putting Celesial Exalts as sole leaders is a bad idea. While GLoG isn't at that stage, I'm making a formal recommendation we keep an eye out in case it gets that far."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Comm Center

Vasquez gestures for her to take a seat. "You'll have to explain why it's so different than other Exalts as leaders. I will admit that my dislike of The Exalted clouds my views of them sometimes. No offense is meant towards you, but in my experience, most of your kind are too detached from mortality to make good leaders."

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

Command Tent

Tebtranlyn couldn't help but catch his breath in surprise at the gift being given. His eyes grew slightly wide at seeing the sword. Such a great gift and so finely crafted. Teb guessed that the blade would also be imbued with magic because what craftsmen would let such a beautiful thing be just mundane metals and gems. This was the kind of gift meant for a powerful rivals Matron Mother.

The younger of the two drow quickly blinked away his surprise. He then heard the agreement being accepted by Vasquez. The assassin stood and bowed, slightly deeper than when he first met Vasquez. " I am sure the Matron Mother will be pleased to hear this good news. If it is alright I would like to offer what assistance I can immediately. " Teb says rising from his bow.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's... not that, and I'd disagree with you on that. On the whole, Exalted have varying grips on morality. If these two are like their past incarnations, they're on the better end of the scale."

Idari sits down in the offered chair.
    "But... when we do slip, it can go bad. Really bad. My past life was a prime example of that sort of stuff."

She looks at Vasquez. "No offense taken."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Comm Center

"But immortals will always slip eventually. I am powerful, I will be the first to admit, but I don't pretend to be stronger than death. I'll always be Mortal first, and act like it. I always take it into account with every action I take, and order I give. Lives are not cheap to me as they can be with those who's lives span in the centuries or millennia. I won't live to see 50 years, Idari, while you, and every other Exalt, can potentially live many times that. It's that perspective I talk of when I mean "detached from Mortality". For that reason, it's quite possibly impossible for you to see things as I do." She says this in a tone that shows seriousness, but with no insult meant. It's simply how she sees things.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Idari frowns. "To be honest, though? Hasn't really sunk in for me yet that I'm going to live that long. Oh, I know it on an intellectual level. I know how long the Dragon-Blooded live for, but I was well past the age of Exaltation myself. I was going to marry some Dynast... give him children, otherwise mind my own business, and die well before him.

I... don't disagree with you. I hope to find some way to try to avoid becoming like that... best way I can figure is keep as many close bonds with other people as I can. I still haven't lost that perspective... I think. I hope."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Viima lowers her head to sniff at the small dogs approaching her. She'll try to gently push the one trying to nurse away and snarl at the silly puppy trying to assert dominance. The one offering to play is welcomed with a gentle swish of her tail.
    Dipsnig strokes Viima's head, knowing that the wolf is too well-trained to try to hurt the dogs. He's fine with waiting and he's currently talking in rapid Goblin with one of Grimzig's subordinates.

[Robot]

Damn... Grimzig and the other goblin techies congregate around the robot. Even damaged as it is, it's still a technological marvel.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

[Command Tent]

Sornnolu bows his head slightly, and grins when Tebtranlyn speaks up. "A splendid idea, cousin. In fact, I would like you to remain here, to act as a liason, whilst I return to bring the good news of our new alliance to our Matron."

"And a small word of warning, Mistress Vasquez," The mage says, turning back to her. "Though I am certain I do not need to tell you of the dangers of a sword, that blade is forged from adamantine and honed to the finest of edges. I have seen such swords cut through solid stone as easily as paper. Secondly, the blade is enchanted, by my own hand in fact." There was a bit of pride in his voice at that. "The accompanying ring will summon the sword to the wearer's hand whenever called. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, the blade is poisoned. A caustic mixture that sets fire to the blood. Any wound inflicted by it, if left untreated by antidote or magic will fester and rot within days. I would not test its edge against anyone you do not wish to kill."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Comm Center

"Lets hope you don't lose it then. You're quickly making yourself valuable."
    She says with a slight smile.

Command Tent

Vasquez listens carefully to what the sword does, and at the end, gives a nod, and returns the bows. "I'm sure your enchantment will serve well. And I will be sure to put such a fine gift to use. I have no doubts about it passing any test I give it." As much of a grunt she is, Vasquez understands diplomacy to some degree, especially with cultures who respect violence, either subtle or blunt. A message can be sent either way, but for now, she's going for subtlety, her tone all but saying that the Drow would be on the end of the sword if they crossed her.

After all, a gift like this has two edges.

"As for Tebranlyn, we will make sure all visits here will be comfortable for him."

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

Command Center

Teb bows once more. " Thank you. " He says to Vasquez before turning his attention to his cousin. " And I would be more than happy to act in such a position. " The drow's words carrying that that was what he planned when he suggested his services to Vasquez.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

((I just realized, I forgot a scabbard! >.< Pretend there's one there. I'll think of a suitable description when I actually have time to write one.))

[Command Tent]

Sonnolu bows as well. "Then, with your permission, I will take my leave."

Presuming there is nothing more to be said, the mage will return to his riding lizard and exit the compound.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

25. - Top - End - #385
    Barbarian in the Playground

Robot

Geoff is about to reply to the goblins, but stops when he hears Iggy's robot. He decides to answer it's questions. "Location of Iggy is unknown. Generals Noir and Vettel are MIA. We have won the battle. Give me a diagnostic and I will repair you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Robot]

Damn... Grimzig and the other goblin techies congregate around the robot. Even damaged as it is, it's still a technological marvel.
    Primary lasers damaged extensively. Shield generator still functioning at 40%. Combat programming damaged. Power source functioning at 30%. Anti-personnel missiles still functioning. Anti-tank missiles require reloading. Iggy suggested to perform repairs on combat programming. TED says, still standing stock still.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Inside, Infirmary, or Somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Zel shakes her head a little. Nope. Thing shrunk back to a normal cat before I could.

Zel will takes her hand and hold towards whatever small object is available. When it floats up, she gets a relieved look on her face and lowers it.
    "Hopefully it stayed a normal cat," Eileen whispers, then watches the TK-display with interest. "Oh. Yeah, the magic came back. Nice of them to warn the people working for them they were going to cut it all off, right?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

27. - Top - End - #387

Inside...I think...

I was wondering what happened. I was in mid-attack, and my ring just fell to the ground. Which was not normal.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

Inside

"All I know was I was about to get et. So thanks again."
    And Eileen goes to stand, sighing.
    "I need a drink..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #389

Inside

Zel waves a hand.

Ah, don't worry about it. I mean, I couldn't leave you.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Inside

"Well, I'd say you restored my faith in humanity, but that got quashed long ago. I should probably try to get in touch with Cora at some point..." Eileen shakes her head. "Let me buy you a drink, at least."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew