New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant HQ

Gate

Dizzy shakes her head. "There are, but this would be the only way to be sure of your thoughts and plans. The pain fades soon enough, but it's not something to be taken lightly."

Command Tent

Edijar looks up at her, giving a nod. "I assume you're to be part of Security now?"

Outside

Several dozen cement trunks and other cargo haulers arrive, setting up around the place.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Various

Charity stays on base, to look after her sister, though it seems she's mostly looking after her sister's dogs. For whatever reason, Sunny isn't confiding in her, and it makes her worried and uneasy. But all she can do is be there in case something changes. It's obvious though, that she doesn't belong. She doesn't have the respect of the soldiers, the way Sunny does. Small surprise, with her being a hippie pacifist artist. At least Charity's entire demeanour doesn't radiate distaste for the entire military profession the way it used to. She still doesn't like it, but it's easier for her to accept it since her near death experience.

Sunny continues to work as much as she can, pausing to eat and rest (and occasionally sneaking off to cry) only when necessary. She wears her new hammer prominently on her belt when she isn't using it. It's now one of her most cherished possessions. She visits the infirmary regularly, but aside from that, rarely speaks to anyone except about her work.

She's now overseeing the placement of the antigrav motors, inertial dampeners, and gyroscopes. It won't be long now.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

"I requested admission, yes. You are Edijar?"
    Feia considers the human, analytically taking in what there is to see.
    If he is to be her superior, as she suspects, it wouldn't hurt to become familiar with him.

Doesn't particularly notice that she's rubbing at one of the cuts on her side.
    Bullets are inconvenient while one wears flesh.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Command Tent

"I am."
    He says. She'll see him looking as described here. His face is partly scarred, and he carries himself in a way that should give off a feeling of command and lethality. If she can sense magic, she'll feel him as a complete dead spot. He looks her over just as intently in return.

Arla and Taul, the twin elves suddenly bolt upright and give each other a worried glance before sprinting towards the Command Center, to the Resurrection Chamber. Carl was coming back a few days early, and that wasn't a good thing...

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Machine Shop

Sunny works. She hasn't asked about the resurrection, because it frightens her. She avoids thinking about it. She knows Carl will be back, but as long as she doesn't talk about it, she can pretend that he's just on a long mission rather than in the Underworld. She knows someone will tell her when it's time, and until then, well...

... she has work to do.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #456
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

Quite the presence, this Edijar.
    Feia has to look up a bit, in her appraisal, as he looms over her a touch, but she doesn't appear particularly intimidated.

But then again, she did just hunt down a known-dragon on a whim, so perhaps she's just crazy or not easily intimidated.

That Dead Spot bit. That concerns her more than a little.
    She, being a creature of immense magic, is always a bit uncomfortable around Dead Zones she herself did not have a hand in.
    A mental note is made to not touch him unless necessary.

For herself, she is carrying an air of dignity, almost regality, coated rather completely with an obvious confidence in herself.
    Feia is making an effort to not appear overly arrogant, but she can't deny there are hints. They are all inferior creatures, after all.

Shoulder-length black hair, fair and smooth skin, long black dress that doesn't seem particularly apt to hiding details about her physiology, she also appears to be a bit vain. Another image she has cultured.
    People tend to work better with a pretty face and a horrid one, when it comes to females.

There's also the numerous cuts and tears in her dress and skin, but that's probably less important than everything else.
    She's not bleeding too badly.

"I'll assume you are in charge then, perhaps directly under Miss Vasquez."
    There is a hint of respect for Vasquez in there, which is unusual for her, but then...she could already tell she liked how the lady worked, from her words with Gordon.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2011-04-16 at 10:35 PM.
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile, Idari is looking around. Could be interacted with.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Command Tent

Edijar notes the vanity and arrogance, even as well hidden as it was. She'll spot none of it from him however. His appearance of Self-Confidence had nothing to do with either of those, it was from knowing he was this competent. "I am in charge of her personal protection as well as that of anyone she delegates to me. I assume you work for me now?"

Resurrection Chamber

This time, the two clerics don't bother with cleansing themselves before the ritual. There wasn't going to be one. Carl was being kicked back. It seems he made a deal, one that was always offered to the members of Mortal Coil, but has never been taken before then for being...risky.

They're barely able to draw the circles in time before a pillar of light and flame erupts in it, showing a halfling sized form in it. The pillar dies off, leaving a curled up and obviously in pain Carl laying on the ground. His body is covered in horrible burns, from Hel's forges, and even though they begin to slowly heal as She takes her marks away from him, that's not the worst damage.

Arla winces at the sight of him, and Taul kneels next to him gently moving his shoulder. "Carl...speak to me man, we need you to respond." Unfortunately, he lays there, staring at the wall with an empty gaze.

"We....we can't tell Sunny this." Arla says sadly. Her brother gives her a glare. "We have to tell her something." He says angrily. "We just can't leave him like this."

"Rez Sickness? Say it's a severe case due to him dying during the Wheel?" She asks weakly. "I mean, that could be what's causing it, right?"

"Do you honestly believe that? You know it's the Year Stint that is. We'll be lucky if he even remembers Sunny."

Arla sighs sadly, looking at the poor halfling watching as the last mark on his body fades. "It's the best excuse we have. You know we can't tell the truth to her. We need her."

Taul frowns, but eventually nods before wrapping a robe around Carl and picking him up. "I know."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-04-17 at 12:10 AM.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

It is only the arrogance that she makes a passing attempt at hiding.
    The vanity is there for a reason.
    But if he notices, so be it. Feia would at least be able to say he's mildly observant.

"I do now, it seems."
    He seems like a reasonable enough command officer.
    Although, with the way she presents herself to the outside world, she expects a degree of harshness, or testing.

Feia prepared accordingly.
    Absentee Spirit

10. - Top - End - #460
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Robot

Even with his thick arms, he's rather dextrous when it comes to repairing things, so he should be able to reach inside without a problem. To repair the lasers though, he'll probably take off the panels unless another way presents itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Robot

Grimzig and a couple of other goblins gather around, watching Geoff work - unobtrusively, surprisingly enough.
    From the interior it looks like it was designed with enough space for Iggy to crawl around in - which isn't much. The only way he's getting to those lasers is prying off the panels.

The power supply and shield generator are easy to repair, and very simplistic and efficient in their design.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Anatolij is there on the guard duty. Unless the bikes are back - this player isn't sure - in which case he's outside the base patrolling.

[Goblins]

Some are working on the walls, others, including Grimzig, are watching Geoff work on the robot.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gate

Dizzy shakes her head. "There are, but this would be the only way to be sure of your thoughts and plans. The pain fades soon enough, but it's not something to be taken lightly."

Command Tent

Edijar looks up at her, giving a nod. "I assume you're to be part of Security now?"

Outside

Several dozen cement trunks and other cargo haulers arrive, setting up around the place.
    Gate

"Wait. Juat to understand this right if I join you will get total controll over me reading my thougths and such forever? Isn't that against some of your laws?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate

"It wouldn't be permanent control until the Gea was placed on you. And even that is temporary."

Machine Shop

Sunny will see the twin clerics enter the shop, Carl wrapped in a robe, eyes now closed, but asleep. "Sunny?" Arla asks quietly, trying to get her attention.

Command Tent

"Very well, what can you do?" Edijar asks.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Machine Shop

Sunny looks up, and her eyes go wide.

"Carl!"
    She steps cautiously forward, then places a hand on Carl's face, to feel him breathing.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

"My talents lie almost exclusively with use of the arcane, but I would say that I am exceptionally well-versed in their many uses. For the simple capture of Gordon, elemental evoking, matter creation, time manipulation, and life-reclaiming were all utilized."
    Now, that could have sounded like bragging.

But Feia already has her arrogant appearance set up, so here she keeps her tone to a strictly "scientific" one, stating her example purely for the purpose of helping to point out her relative diversity in the field of magic.
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Machine Shop

Carl feels slightly warm, but not feverish, and he moves his head slightly, responding to her touch. "We were able to get him back early, but he's suffering from some bad Rezz Shock." Taul lies. "We were hoping your presence would help him."

Command Tent

"Show me." He tells her. "Myself as the target." He has to test her abilities after all. Besides, he had to give her a lesson he gave all of his security team.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

Machine Shop

Sunny doesn't question why they brought him to a rather dirty machine shop if he was in shock, though she may think of the anomaly later. Instead, she sits right down on the floor, covered with oil and metal dust, and holds out her arms. "Give him to me."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #468
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

Naturally. The fellow who reeks of Dead is going to make her throw magic at him.
    Feia isn't sure this will work at all, depending on the nature of his Dead, and it may even backfire.

That would be inconvenient.

But he wishes a test, perhaps even trying to flaunt his inner-Null in case she didn't notice it.
    Edijar is now her superior, so she must indulge him.

"As you wish."
    Both of Feia's hand rise up to the air before her, the left one deftly forming small glyphs between her various fingers, while the right hand appears to be directing completed glyphs quickly to various places on some enigmatic array form before her.

It appears to be a largely mechanical process, very quick, very efficient.
    As a typical caster waves their arms and speaks words, Feia can perform her glyph-drawings at roughly the same pace, it seems, for many spells.

It takes but a moment for several, coin-sized symbols to be in the air before her, and a fraction of a moment more before they're snapping off through the air, to invade Edijar's immediate air space.

They will seek to form a cage around the man, small beams of green light launching to neighboring glyphs and a faint hum filling the air.

The completion of the spell (which takes another moment, to be said) is the glyphs quickly moving closer together, drastically reducing the size of the cage.
    Generally, this results in occupants being carved into several awkwardly shaped pieces, as the beams of light pass through their flesh and armor.

Feia is honestly unsure how this will turn out with Edijar.
    Though there was the temptation to open a rift into the Plane of Fire under his feet, earlier. Not likely what he meant, however.
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Machine Shop

The two pass Carl over, who curls up a bit tighter, barely noticeable, against her. Arla looks like she's about to say more, but Taul shakes his head, stopping her before dragging her out, leaving the two alone.

Command Tent

Edijar seems unimpressed and simply walks towards the bars of the cage. When he gets closer, she'll find the bars flexing away from him against her control, unwilling to get near him, let alone touch him. If a glyph touches him, it will shatter completely. When he walks past, he raises a finger at her, thumb pointed up, before flicking the thumb down, like a gun's hammer. "Whatever you do, it will always be like this. Make no mistake. I don't know you, let alone trust you." He tells her before letting his hand drop. "So, I imagine, this is the part when you explain who you are exactly, and why you made an offer."

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Machine Shop

Sunny holds him tight, and kisses him, over and over, tears streaming down her face. "Mon chéri," she whispers. "I love you."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #471
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

"Duly noted."

There it is, again, the undeniable urge to tear a rift into the ground under Edijar, to see how his Dead affects it.
    Or if it kills him.

The latter would likely ruin her reputation with the Remnant rather permanently, but that's the cost of science.

She has acquired sufficient observations for now, with the light beams.
    Magic seems unwilling to touch him, if not given explicit orders to the contrary, and even then, it simply breaks and is lost.
    What an interesting fellow. An interesting, somewhat concerning fellow.

Feia is also not particularly interested in him getting closer to her, for whatever reason, and possibly takes subtle, equal drifts back if he moves closer than a certain distance.

"I am Feia, a mage, clearly, who happens to be rather interested in seeing the continuation of your system. A degree of order has been imposed here that I have interest in preserving. You have proven yourself capable individuals and offering my services directly into the process seems almost absolutely beneficial."
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2011-04-17 at 12:31 PM.
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Machine Shop

Several minutes after they're left alone, Carl eventually responds with a whimper, reaching out with a hand to take hers and give it a weak squeeze. "...too."

Command Tent

Edijar nods. "And what do you expect to be able to do here?" He asks her.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-04-17 at 12:37 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

Machine Shop >> Carl's Quarters

Sunny doesn't want to let go of Carl, but she's not quite strong enough to carry him. She's a little stronger than a woman her size usually is, just from working with machines, but Carl is somewhat heavier than a halfling his size generally is - all muscle, and no fat.

But she's been working with anti-grav since she made Carl's hover boots, and she's incorporated it into her workshops and laboratories. An antigrav sledge hovers over and lowers itself to the floor next to them in response to her unspoken wish, and Sunny moves Carl onto it. She keeps her hand in his as it slowly rises and she gets to her feet herself. "It's okay. We're going home."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #474
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

Feia makes a little gesture to the surrounding tent.
    "I could vainly say I would hope to keep you all alive, but you seem more than capable of that by yourselves. At the least, I would be another tool to be directed and used. More so, I would hope to augment your capabilities with little insights or my magic, and perhaps help you prepare or act against incidents that perhaps your...technology is lesser for."

Their technology is nothing to be snubbed, for sure, it was able to largely fend off AMEN, if that Wheel could be counted in it. Their mage population, here, however, she questions.
    Feia seems moderately sure she would be a significant asset in that regard.
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Command Tent

Before Edijar can reply, he gets a message in his earpiece, and after a moment, he nods before calmly and quickly drawing his Hand Cannon from his holster and pointing it center mass at Feia. "Tell me about your relationship with Affidavit."

Carl's Place

Carl will seem to drift in and out of consciousness as he's moved, slowly recovering from the severe trauma he's received at the hands of Hel.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

Feia's eyebrow arches faintly as the weapon comes out.
    Well, this was slightly dicey now.
    To a degree.

"Professor Affidavit of KNAVES history, I would assume. I claimed his castle and used him to locate Gordon. Beyond the intimidation necessary to acquire those prior two details, I have no significant relationship with him."
    Perhaps this is the wrong answer, but in her eyes, it is completely accurate.
    He could have been a useful ally, but for now, she is willing to forfeit him in favor of the Remnant.
    "Far less significant a relationship than the previous rulers possessed, at the very least."
    Absentee Spirit

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Command Tent

Edijar listens, and believes her a bit, but he's not the kind to simply let this go. He uses his thumb to turn off the safety. "Define: "Insignificant Relationship"."

28. - Top - End - #478
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

Feia's smile twitches slightly, as the safety is removed. In the direction of a grin or frown...is hard to say.
    Edijar is very clearly a military man used to getting what he wants, and expecting the trend to continue.

Unfortunately, she is somewhat inclined to support his current outlook, by virtue of her own goals.
    "Slightly more than passing acquaintance and far less than friendship.

What I have stated is the extent of my interaction with Affidavit. "

A slight pause.
    "No, that is not entirely true. He appeared to operate the cannon against the AMENites, before I had him lead me to Gordon.
    Much as the Empire before you used him for his technology and soldiers, I have taken from him as a tool."

She does find it moderately interesting that it seems so...terrible now, Affidavit, despite their prior experience with him.
    "I suspect you are ending the tolerance of his methods, now."
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

Command Tent

Edijar absorbs this, and eventually nods, but doesn't let his aim waver. She'll probably be able to tell by the size of the bore of his gun that it's the kind that'd make craters in people, even though it's puny compared to his armor. "Yes, we are ending it. As for you, we'll require some sort of verification of this. Of course, we could always rip it from your memories if you let us. Don't worry, we can be somewhat gentle given time. Or perhaps you can suggest a different means?"

30. - Top - End - #480
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gate

"It wouldn't be permanent control until the Gea was placed on you. And even that is temporary."

Machine Shop

Sunny will see the twin clerics enter the shop, Carl wrapped in a robe, eyes now closed, but asleep. "Sunny?" Arla asks quietly, trying to get her attention.

Command Tent

"Very well, what can you do?" Edijar asks.
    Gate

"And how long do they keep? And whats a Gae. Also would they refuse me to talk bad of the empire. You know, if I want to be trustworthy I sometimes will need to blame on the empire."

This is even harder for him then ecpected, nat that he is going to do any bad things or such, but this is really to many.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK