New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant HQ

[Command Tent]

Feia resists the urge to bristle at the suggestion to delve into her memories.
    They won't be going anywhere near her mind, with any of their minor magicks or technologies. No alliance with these creatures is worth such degradation.

She will reduce this planet to ash, before she willingly submits to such treatment.

Naturally, this is not something she will be telling Edijar, as that certainly would not help her cause.
    So she is required to briefly ponder, to hunt for a suitable alternative.
    A couple options appear immediately, but she wavers on just how far she's willing to sell Affidavit out on.
    "I would suspect that simply offering information would be just as valuable a proof of dis-relations as tearing through my mind.

Perhaps, for a start...you may be interested to know that Affidavit as an individual does not exist. He possesses no body of his own, restricted to acting through his many 'creations' and projects."

While this may not be enough to entirely liberate her, this is most certainly information the Empire would be interested in.
    "If you seek to either capture him, or destroy him completely, you will find significant difficulty. The former can be ignored as he leaves his object and the latter requires simultaneous destruction of each of his little toys."

All information he himself offered to her...
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Carl's Quarters

Charity is there, in the floor with two pug puppies crawling over her, when the puppies start barking a moment before the door opens.

Her sister and... oh gods, what had happened to Carl?!

Sunny wasn't saying anything, just guiding the antigrav sledge into the small apartment as she held onto him. The blue hoverdrone that had been in sleep mode in the corner suddenly whirs to life and zips off into the bedroom, pulling down the covers so that by the time Sunny gets there, she's able to gently nudge Carl into bed.

"Sunny, what happened?"

"Don't know,"
    Sunny says, shaking her head.

"Is there anything--?"

"We need to be alone," Sunny says firmly.

"Okay, hon. I understand that." Charity gives her sister a tight hug, then clips leashes on the two puppies and heads out. Once her sister can't see her anymore, her concerned look turns to fury. Someone was going to pay for this.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate

"A Gea is something like a curse. But instead of harming you, it limits what actions you can take. Ours would make it so you cannot actively or willingly harm a member of Remnant to your knowledge."
    Dizzy explains before she gets a message in her commlink. "You should step closer I think." She warns as she takes a step back.

Carl's Quarters

Carl doesn't resist anything Sunny does to him, but has gained his color back somewhat.

Command Tent

"That's not exactly hard information to come by." Edijar tells her.

Courtyard

Charity will exit just in time to see a dark tan man with wiry muscles finish drawing a circle lined with runes in the center of the compound. Aliz is covered in freshly inked runes, and wearing only a simple cloth. He's lost in a trance as he begins chanting in Arabic. As he does so, a powerful gust of wind begins to swirl around the entire HQ, and the ground rumbles.

He closes his eyes, drawing massive amounts of power from the entire area, using himself as a focus, converting it before pouring it into the ground. Suffusing the entire compound with it.

Suddenly, there's the sound of multiple explosions as a line is blasted outside the walls by his magic, forming a complete perfect circle at exactly 50ft beyond the walls, and the base begins to drift into the air as dozens of earth and air elementals lift, then carry it. When it's several feet above the ground, a crater is visible underneath, and the cement trucks begin to pour it in to prepare the new landing zone. One by one, Sunny's hover engines come online, and the Remnant Complex takes off completely, slowly rising several stories. Repair and building crews rappel down the side and underneath, adding metal panels and security measures to the complex. It'd take a while, but when complete, would be worth it.

Remnant HQ, has become fully mobile.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC: It's not really clear whether you can get here very easily so I'm sorry if I didn't come here the right way.

Connor is walking towards the perimeter and looks up at the floating HQ.

That's new.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2011-04-18 at 01:26 PM.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

"Then I would assume you would know th-"
    Whoop, HQ appears to be moving around a bit.

Feia peers down at the ground and notes this is a somewhat interesting development.
    Flying headquarters seem to be all the rage lately.

"-at this would make a great many typical plans against him futile, yes? Simply ousting him through brute force or threats seems unlikely to succeed. Although,he has expressed some trepidations about certain magic..."
    There's an amusing memory, her initial threat, promising to remove him with just three spells.
    Bluff or not, it seemed to work.
    "From what I've seen, Magic is a dead-fall for him, save for his 'white' creations, which I believe are a fluke."
    Absentee Spirit

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Ground Level

Seeing that Connor arrived a bit late, he'll probably have to wait a while before the base lands since the new foundation and add-ons will have to set first. Though, if he's able to, the teleblocker/reality anchors don't extend the full base of the floating HQ, so he might be able to teleport/warp at the rim before going to the gate.

However, even though he won't know it, there are telepads being installed at the edge of the landing crater, which will allow people to move from one level to the other if the base is not on the ground.

Command Tent

"Get to the point already." Edijar commands, adding slight displeasure into his voice. He didn't mind much to be honest, but he finds that it'd help keep people like her under control.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Courtyard

Charity is about ready to give someone a piece of her mind, but even Angry!Charity is not dumb enough to interrupt a caster in the middle of what is obviously a major spell. And then curiosity about what exactly he's doing takes the edge off her anger. She can feel the magical currents, but she can't tell what they're doing.

And then... booms. Lots of them.

And the the caster collapses. "Oh geez..." She looks around for someone to ask for help.

Guess she'll have to put off her rant for a bit.

Carl's Quarters
    ((spoilered for squishy fanservicey stuff))

Spoiler
    Show
    Talking is hard for Sunny, and the more stress she's under, the harder it is for her language centers to work. Part of her knows she should keep talking to Carl, so that he knows she's with him, but that's not terribly useful advise when she simply can't talk.

So she hums some Bach. It's not very good, as Bach isn't terribly hummable, but it's the music she listens to the most.

She's filthy from the workshop, so she starts to strip down. She doesn't want to leave him long enough for a shower. Maybe just change into clean pyjamas?

Or maybe not. She'd never been undressed in front of him before, because it had made her afraid, but now that seemed unimportant. Or maybe more important than ever. But what mattered now?

They'd taken everything so slowly. Holding hands, kissing, light petting, heavy petting - she knew all the terms. She'd read the books that were designed for teenagers making their first tentative explorations into their own sexuality, rather than for adult women who should be able to handle an adult relationship.

And then he was gone. And of course part of her blamed herself for not being able to take that last step in time. But then, did it matter? It was just a single step, after all. And they were so close in every other way. Did it matter that there was one physical activity that they had not engaged in together? There would always be something. No relationship could ever end without regrets of some type. These were things that Sunny understood somehow, wordlessly.

She didn't know he'd been tortured in Hel. That knowledge had been carefully concealed from her. But she knew that time for him had been longer than the few days it had been from her. And she knew that being close to her seemed to comfort him.

And she knew that she trusted him, completely.

She didn't put her pyjamas on, and instead slipped under the covers with him, undressed. She reached out to untie the robe he was wearing and push it off of him. And she pulled him close to her, skin against skin, curling up behind him spoon style, holding his smaller body against hers.

Come back to me Carl. I won't give up on you. Come back to me.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-04-18 at 06:19 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #488
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

The tone change annoys Feia, more than anything else, although she is careful to conceal this.
    Generally showing you dislike your boss does not earn one brownie points.

"Employed mages will be of more use in your anticipated containment of the Professor than your standard soldiers. He only has a few, or perhaps one, of the 'white' creations, possessing magic, and will likely never acquire more. Destroying it or them on sight will deprive him of his possibly most valuable asset.
    Such a finicky resource, Possibility..."

She suspects that the Professor never even acquired Edict's crude harvesting methods, which makes it even less likely he'll create more white creations.

"There is also one of his more standard creations in the bottom of my castle, in his cannon."
    Absentee Spirit

9. - Top - End - #489

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Gate

"A Gea is something like a curse. But instead of harming you, it limits what actions you can take. Ours would make it so you cannot actively or willingly harm a member of Remnant to your knowledge."
    Dizzy explains before she gets a message in her commlink. "You should step closer I think." She warns as she takes a step back.
    Gate

Zefir first watches around to be sure noone comes from behind his digus should still keep him away from beeing noticed. If he can't make out something threatin him, he takes his step.

"Just to make you know some magic has an even lower effect on me. Has to do with the getting used to thing."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate

Zefir will find himself rising with the rest of the HQ. "We can change it so whoever puts the Gea on you can tell when it's broken."

Courtyard

Charity will see Bugs, in only his uniform, rush over to Aliz with a pair of aides and a stretcher. He gives a bit of an adrenaline filled grin to her, knowing the mage would recover, but enjoying the feeling of power about the lift-off.

Command Tent

"And you're offering to take care of a few of these Whites, is that it?" Edijar asks with a raised eyebrow.

Carl's Place

(Spoilered for Mushy stuff. )
    Spoiler
    Show

Carl looks up at the unearthly presence, having been offered to deal for what they called The Stint. It was a heavy price to pay for coming back early. A full year there, in return for being allowed to be resurrected well ahead of schedule, possibly even the next day. No one had taken it before since no one knew the risks of being in this realm for a year would be. Still, he considers it. After several minutes, he looks back up to Hel.

"I'll take it."
    he tells her. "For Sunny."

His dream fades as the smell of his love breaks through to him, and he gives the sleeping Sunny a smile, wrapping an arm around her. He remembered coming to consciousness, seeing how beautiful she was, laying with him wrapped in her arms. She'd been crying, but he hadn't cared, she'd always be beautiful.

He remembered how she told him that she wasn't afraid to be with him any more.

Normally, their nights of passion were planned, so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable, or do something she wasn't ready for. This night though...

There hadn't been any planning, just pure emotional and physical release. No planning or real thought had been involved. They simply acted and reacted, needing the night to be together. When they had finished, they had fallen asleep like this, him facing her, wrapped in her arms.

A thought occurs to him and he kisses her neck gently, stroking her face to get her to wake.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Courtyard

"Is it just magic overload?"
    Charity asks, having experienced the same herself a couple of times.

Carl's HQ

Spoiler
    Show
    Sunny nuzzles against Carl's hand as she starts to wake. She'd had months to imagine what their first time together might be like. It'd be somewhere special, of course. Probably Hallowmere. She'd have lacy underwear and a nice dress, and she'd get Charity to help her curl her hair. Carl would be slow and careful and perfect, and she'd know what to expect every step of the way.

She certainly hadn't expected that she'd have come straight from the shop with no shower, or that Carl would be sick, or that it'd happen on base, of all places. Nothing had been planned. She had simply looked Carl in the eyes and said "I'm not afraid anymore," and, for the first time, had let him take the lead. None of her expectations had been met, except one.

It had been perfect.

She opens her eyes. "Hi."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #492
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

"If given the opportunity, it would certainly be wiser for myself to do the deed than to unnecessarily risk other soldiers, no? Should not be such a poor deal for you."
    It would also offer her the opportunity to more specifically see exactly what Possibility had granted to Affy's creations, when it created the white forms.
    Absentee Spirit

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

Bugs nods. "It is." He tells her as they set Aliz onto the stretcher, and the aides carry him off. "How's Edijar doing?" He asks her as he wipes off his hands.

Carl's Place

Spoiler
    Show

Carl looks at her, and can't help but kiss her again, his mind gone blank at her beauty. Only after several minutes, when he can think again, he breaks it off. "Sunny, I love you." He tells her with a happy sigh, nuzzling against her. "Sunny...we were safe." He mumbles, not wanting to ruin the mood.

Command Tent

Edijar lowers the gun and holsters it. "Anything else you wish to say?" He asks in a slightly friendlier tone.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-04-19 at 06:39 PM.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Courtyard

"Edijar is fine. What the hell did you people do to Carl is what I want to know!" Charity huffs.

Carl's Quarters

"...too," she says. But then just looks confused at his next words. He should remember that euphemisms and Sunny don't work well.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #495
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

Excellent, a potentially ugly situation appears to have been skirted.
    Feia was moderately confident of her ability to navigate it in the first place, but there's always the risk Edijar is less level-headed than he appears...

There's an interesting little smile on her face, when she answers his last question.
    "There is always more to say. For now, I think it would be sufficient to simply ask if there is anything you immediately expect of me."
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Carl's Place

Carl kisses her confused looking forehead. "Protection. A contraceptive." he tells her even though he's not very worried about it. He wasn't human after all.

Courtyard

Bugs winces. "We think it's a side effect of dying inside the Wheel's effects. He'll recover, it's just going to take time."

Command Tent

"Tell me anything that could effect how we work together." Edijar says.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Carl's Place

Sunny thinks about it. She had read all about the science of human sexuality, after all, even before her overprotective sister had also decided to talk to her about it. She had made plans... but their plans hadn't really mattered today, had they?

She knew she could go to the infirmary now and get emergency contraception. But she didn't want to.

"It's okay," she says. "Is it okay with you?"

Courtyard

"And then you people just dumped him on Sunny with no warning at all! What's up with that?"
    Charity continues to win friends and influence people.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-04-19 at 07:29 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #498
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

Feia briefly considers pointing out his "Dead"ness as something that definitely could affect how they work together, but figures that is probably a little too obvious and potentially sarcastic.

She's finally getting somewhere, after all.
    "Would it be too bold to suggest that gun pointing can be terribly affecting in that regard?"
    Okay, she couldn't resist. Treading water for far too long, a little bite had to be taken.
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Carl's Place

Carl kisses her gently. "Not, it doesn't bother me, love." He tells her before wrapping his arms tighter. "This was all worth it." He tells her with a smile.

Courtyard

Bugs sighs. "Because he wouldn't respond to us." He tells her. "We know they're together, and we hoped that being near her would shock him out of it." He admits. "Similar therapies have been done before with other near comatose patients."

Command Tent

Edijar snorts. "I trust you more than before, but you're still under a probationary period until you've earned it completely. Until then, you'll be given only rudimentary security access."

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

Carl's Place

Sunny isn't really sure what she means, but only answers with a sleepy "Mhm". She's gotten very little sleep since the attack on the base, and now that she's in a warm bed with her love in her arms, her body is rather insistent on making up the deficit.

Courtyard

Charity pushes her fingers through her hair. "Is there anything I can do?" she asks forlornly.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #501
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

Excellent, a snort is more favorable than immediate hardening and anger.
    Progress was being made here.
    So her smile stays precisely where it is.
    "Seems reasonable enough, for a military. Question simply remains how I shall earn that trust..."
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #502

Gate

Zefir will find himself rising with the rest of the HQ. "We can change it so whoever puts the Gea on you can tell when it's broken."
    Gate

"Wow"

A bit shocked that the wohle base is moving He looks around and down if possible.

"Lucky me I'm not acrophobia. Would kill my if I was."

Then he heads back to the guards.

"Eh not that way I mean I got used to the spell either way how many different caster you got."

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Carl's Place

Carl notices how sleepy she's getting and kisses her gently. "Go ahead and sleep, I'll be here with you."

Courtyard

Bugs sighs. "I don't know, Charity. Just be there for Sunny if she needs the help, which, if it doesn't work, she will." He admits sadly.

Command Tent

"The simplest way would be to bring us a White Creation, alive or dead." Edijar tells her.

Gate

It takes a moment for Dizzy to understand what he's asking, but when she does, she shakes her head. "We have plenty of casters." She tells him, not mentioning her worry over Anna.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

She'd have to figure out where it was hiding, but she's fairly certain that magic wouldn't be too hard...
    Even if it somehow concealed itself from general divinations, it would be the only member of his vast troop with any magic around it at all.

"Dead he would never allow, self-destructing it immediately, I suspect. Magic could prevent that, but it would like-wise prevent investigation.
    Alive can be explored, however. Just a matter of locating it..."

It'll be just like capturing Gordon, in Feia's mind, only perhaps it'll offer a halfway decent fight. It has been so long, since she's been in this kidnapping business...she's finding she rather missed it.
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Courtyard

Charity, feeling helpless, takes the puppies to Edijar's Quarters and worries.

Carl's Quarters

Sunny sleeps about twelve hours straight, unless Carl tries to get out of bed sooner than that.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #506

Gate

It takes a moment for Dizzy to understand what he's asking, but when she does, she shakes her head. "We have plenty of casters." She tells him, not mentioning her worry over Anna.
    Gate

Did I miss something cause I didn't ask anything He just mentioned that the spell may not work.
    "Eh I think you don't get it. A spell has a standart level most spellcaster use so it is uninteresting how many caster cast the spell. Either way let's keep going since I'm not quiet sure whats happening."

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Carl's Place

Carl doesn't get up for much, just to use the bathroom for the most part. He ignores the hunger though, and will head right back to Sunny's arms.

Command Tent

Edijar shrugs and lays out a map of the complex. It's only simple one, mostly unlabeled. For security reasons. "That's all up to you. Use your own initiative. This is a map of the compound. I suggest you memorize it. If an attack happens, you'll need it."

Gate

"A Geas is only a temporary fix, but would let you work for us without us having to actually tell you too much. You'd be paid for information into AMEN's activities of course, and we'd extend protection to you if needed, but you'd be more of a free agent, a contractor."

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

Carl's Place

Sunny finally wakes up, blinks a bit blearily, and then pulls Carl into a tight hug.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #509

Gate

"A Geas is only a temporary fix, but would let you work for us without us having to actually tell you too much. You'd be paid for information into AMEN's activities of course, and we'd extend protection to you if needed, but you'd be more of a free agent, a contractor."
    Gate

"Seems like it is the best thing I can get now. Bad AMEN note kills my curriculum vitae."

Well the last is meant more sarcastic since he never would write it down on a CV.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Command Tent]

Feia expects no aid in hunting down the white creation. Doesn't particularly want it.
    Most of the fun is in the hunt.

Edijar spreads out the map and she peers down at it, mind quickly at work memorizing even before he suggests that she need to.
    It's a habit of talented mages, taking in information and storing it as efficiently possible.
    "You will have no worries of me forgetting, I can assure you. I assume if portions of the area are adjusted, there will be updates on this?"
    Absentee Spirit