New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant HQ

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Edijar's Place

Carl gives a grin as Edijar nods. "I hope you two are able to foot the bill then." He is a halfling after all.

Edijar chuckles at the remark. "I was an adventurer for a long time, trust me, I can foot any bill."

Sue's Place

Sue answers the door, dressed fairly well in a dress shirt and slacks. He gives her a smile and an obviously pleased look at her appearance. He opens the door all the way and gives a gesture for her to come in. "You look wonderful."

Ceremony Chamber

"The Geas wouldn't break. After all, it isn't your fault if you don't know personally."

Meeting Room

Fred catches the word "honest", and catches the implications of it, knowing that Terrowin was trying to manipulate him into agreeing. It wouldn't work, even though Fred already agrees. "Be that as it may, while Din will be prosecuted if enough evidence is found, but by your own admittance, you still murdered someone. While your past actions may clear you of it overall, there's still going to be consequences. There will have to be full inspections of your churches on a bi-monthly basis, at random times."

Infirmary

Hearing the voice, Arla searches the shelves for a moment before finding a potion and offering it to her. "Drink this, it'll help your throat and mouth recover."
    Ceremony Chamber

"Ok. I'm ready now."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Room

A tall man with metal tubes poking out of the flesh of his neck as they creep along his jugular towards his head enters the room, giving her a glance before heading to his locker. The man is obviously a born and bred soldier. He strips, ignoring her, before pulling on his new armor. Unlike other Remnants', Jyarl's armor is mostly black, and lacks the cape. However, his helmet is shaped into a human's skull, and his left shoulder plate is as well, but blood red instead of black. Short sharp spikes poke out of his knees and elbows once he pulls it on. It seems they're retractable.

Once dressed, he lets the the lower half of his helmet slide away, showing a smirk as he gets used to it. The leader of the Penal Company slowly makes a fist a few times, learning the feel of the suit. "Perfect..." He says out loud, obviously enjoying it.

Ceremony Chamber

Taul nods and will begin to chant in Nordic. Zefir should feel a pressure around his body and mind, as if ropes and chains are looping around him. It takes several minutes, but by the end, the feeling will tighten before passing into him, as if it gets absorbed into his body. Taul will stop and give a nod when finished. It's a powerful spell, and it might take a few weeks IC for Zefir to "get used to it".
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-04-26 at 01:10 AM.

3. - Top - End - #663

Ceremony Chamber

"Wow. Hey guy why didn't you need me to undress? Normaly amges do that to make sure that their targets don't wear resitten cloaks."

Don't mention this to hard the mages he came from are special, and in some kinds crazy. I'm not talking about AMEN even if it sounds like them.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

Ceremony Chamber

Taul chuckles a bit. "Because I'm not a mage. I'm a priest, a cleric. My magic works in other ways." He tells Zefir. It's partly untrue, since many resistance items work on the Divine as well as Arcane, but it sounded good at least.

5. - Top - End - #665

Ceremony Chamber

"It just felt simular to arcane spell, even if I'm not really aware of the difference. Magic is Magic and I don't really like Magic user at all."

With that he tends to go searching for someone other, he wants to know how he can conntect them and all.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Ceremony Chamber

Taul will raise a hand to stop Zefir from leaving just yet, and pulls out a bundle, offering it to him. "A comm device and emergency beacon are inside. You can use the first to contact us when you have to, and the second in case you get into danger. Use it sparingly though, and only in emergencies."

7. - Top - End - #667
    Orc in the Playground

Meeting Room- Terrowin

"Very well. This is the address of the Inside Temple." Terrowin writes down (if the materials are provided; if not, he'll tell Fred) 45 Enirshon Row, Null Zone. It's quite a nice residential district, and much as the Elpmeton Road facility, there's no evidence that the Temple's there. The Cult is good at hiding.

Infirmary- Rebecka

"Thank you." Rebecka takes the potion and drinks it, her face lighting up when she tastes it. "It feels so good to taste again." Even if Rebecka doesn't like the taste of what she's tasting.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #668

Ceremony Chamber

Taul will raise a hand to stop Zefir from leaving just yet, and pulls out a bundle, offering it to him. "A comm device and emergency beacon are inside. You can use the first to contact us when you have to, and the second in case you get into danger. Use it sparingly though, and only in emergencies."
    Ceremony Chamber

He takes the things and hide them in his bag.

"Yeah ok I'm aware of this. It's not like I'm on a first spy mission."

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

Ceremony Chamber

Taul shrugs. "Is there anything else?"

Meeting Room

Fred will provide pen and paper. "Now, what evidence do you have of Din murdering your friend?" He asks before pausing. "And what were you planning on doing with Rebecka?"

Infirmary

Arla can't help but smile. It'll taste sweet, and a bit thick, but far from unpleasant. She'll offer her a few more potions like it. "Just take one a day, and it should help you regain all of it."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-04-26 at 05:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Orc in the Playground

Meeting Room

"Reverend Gertrude had previously managed to convince Din to tell us all her plans concerning us and Gertrude conveyed them to me immediately through an Orb of Brotherhood- a magical communication device we use. Reverend Gertrude, just before her death, informed us she was speaking with Din again to try and get more details. When she was found, she was dead with apple leaves and twigs in her ears, as well as her nasal passages and throat; we know that Din is a practitioner of nature magic, especially plants, because we have had encounters before. Reverend Gertrude's magical dress, ring of poison immunity, purse and other valuables were still there, apart from two- the ring to which her Orb of Brotherhood was mounted and her silver holy symbol. So whilst we have no solid proof, I and other clerics would swear upon our personal prayerbooks that it was Din. As for Rebecka, I was going to continue use her around the Temple, fetching and carrying, summoning to audiences and keeping the Temple clean until she died." The prayerbooks are personalised by being cut from the skin of the cultist's back during a certain ritual, and thus mean quite a lot to the owners. All of it is true, unless I've forgotten something.

Infirmary

"Have I pleased you? Could you tell me how so I may repeat it later?" Rebecka was raised a slave on a slave farm, and first sold when she was eight.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting Room

"Speaking of which..." Fred pages someone outside the door, and after a moment, the books and box they recovered from the temple are brought in, still sealed. "They've been untouched except for safety precautions to ensure the magic didn't try to escape the books." He says, offering them to Terrowin. "While we can take care of Din, it will help if we had witnesses. Do you know any that were there?"

Infirmary

"I am not your master or mistress, so you have no need to please me, but yes, you did, by following the instructions I gave you, and for being so patient."
    Arla offers after a moment's pause to consider how to react.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Orc in the Playground

Meeting Room

"Thank you. I'd wondered where that book had gone. Don't worry; the binding came from a volunteer. I don't know if there's any witnesses, but it occured in the Black Dragon's Den. Anybody who did see what happened won't tell a policeperson." The book was authored by Jorje Hargonnen, who also donated the binding. The Black Dragon's Den also makes things more difficult, I think.

Infirmary

Rebecka nods slightly, thinking, before turning to Arla and asking another question. "Then... Whose am I now if not yours?"

13. - Top - End - #673
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Outside the Gates]

Just beyond the reality lock, Feia and the white creation snap into existence, without much fanfare.

Hopefully the soldiers have enough sense to withhold fire from the creation, while Feia is present.
    Little ectoplasmic restraints have been placed on the creation, mostly for the comfort of the soldiers. Nothing excessively uncomfortable for the creation.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate

The guards don't shoot, and after a moment, Edijar is waiting at the gate for her and the Creation.

Meeting Room

"We do have a few sources we can rely on." Fred tells Terrowin, but refusing to tell who. Though, hopefully Raril would cooperate. "Is there anything else you need to tell us before we run what will be a thorough investigation?"

Infirmary

"No one, but you can continue to serve Terrowin if you wish." Arla tells her. "I believe you can go back to him now if you want."

15. - Top - End - #675
    Halfling in the Playground

[Outside the Gates]

The White Creation tests its bonds briefly, then shrugs and starts walking forwards.

If Edijar or anything the Remnant have set up at the gate can detect such things, they'll notice a very faint, constant release of magical energy by the Creation. Not a spell of any sort, just...causing it to glow slightly.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #676

Ceremony Chamber

Taul shrugs. "Is there anything else?"

Meeting Room

Fred will provide pen and paper. "Now, what evidence do you have of Din murdering your friend?" He asks before pausing. "And what were you planning on doing with Rebecka?"

Infirmary

Arla can't help but smile. It'll taste sweet, and a bit thick, but far from unpleasant. She'll offer her a few more potions like it. "Just take one a day, and it should help you regain all of it."
    Ceremony Chamber

"I think thats all I need for now. Oh only to know should I tell you about everything they gona do or just the things that are relatet to cause innocents to be hurt? Well I more mean if they go paintball or such it's not worth it right?"

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

[Machine Park]

Grimzig and his goblins are clustered around what looks like a mechanical pair of legs with a barrel on it. The barrel is crudely labeled "TNT".
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

Gates

Aliz, the male combat mage is nearby, and he gives Edijar a couple short gestures, and he nods back to the mage. "How'd you get it?" he asks Feia.

Ceremony Chamber

"Just the important things such as plans that may hurt people."

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

Sue's Quarters

Alice wakes up without an alarm. She's been in the military long enough for that to be unnecessary. For a moment, she's a bit confused. It had been a long time since she'd spent the night with a man. She'd had some encounters since her second marriage ended, but she'd always gone home to her own bed afterwards.

She snuggles closer into Sue's arms. She'd almost forgotten how good it felt to be held.

Machine Shop

Later in the morning, Sunny arrives at the shop. So much work! So much armor to be customized. And the teleporters - she has to work out how they work. She has become something of a workaholic. If it weren't for having Carl and Archer to go home to, she probably wouldn't leave the lab at all.

Fortunately for her, the stress of wedding planning is non-existent, as it doesn't occur to her at all that it requires any more planning than would be needed to plan for a special date.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-04-27 at 01:13 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Machine Shop

As soon as Sunny arrives, a trio of large panther like creatures swarm her, rubbing and nuzzling against her, purring. Stheno and her sisters were obviously pleased to see her.

Sue's Place

Sue's already awake, but hasn't moved, just holding his lover close. She'll feel that his breathing and heart is slow and calm. "Thank you..." He murmurs to her.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

Machine Shop

Sunny laughs and pets and nuzzles the 'bikes'. "I'm glad you're okay. It must have hurt when the magic shut off."

Sue's Quarters

"You too,"
    she says, planting a kiss on his throat. She'll have to get up soon, and hurry home to get in uniform, but she doesn't want to move yet.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

[Machine Shop]

Sunny and the panther-bikes might notice a bunch of goblins tinkering with what looks like barrels of explosives on mechanical legs.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Motor Pool

She'll see the three Sirens look up at her before heading back to bathing and resting in their heated pools. There's a new sign nearby saying "Do Not Attempt To Fraternize With".

The scary part? It's needed.

Geoff holds up a hand to stop the goblins. "I really don't want to know what you're planning with that, are you?"

Sue's Quarters

Sue gives a throaty growl at the kiss before giving her a squeeze. When he sees the time, he sighs. "It's almost time, isn't it?"

24. - Top - End - #684
    Troll in the Playground

Machine Shop

Sunny also goes to investigate what the goblins are up to, using her machine empathy on the device to try and understand it.

Sue's Quarters

"'Fraid so," Alice says, and sits up with a sigh, looking for her dress.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

[Machine Shop]

Sunny will find that the mechanical legs are very simple. It looks like it's intentional.
    Grimzig, meanwhile, turns to Geoff. It's a little side project of ours. I figure it might be a useful addition if we get it to work, especially since you guys have less troops than you used to. Oh, and it's just sand in the barrel.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-04-27 at 02:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Machine Shop

Geoff shakes his head. "What is it?" he asks them, needing to know in case he has to file accident reports.

Sue's Quarters

Sue gets up as well, pulling together the stuff for his uniform and passing her the dress. He gives her a quick kiss when he hands it over. "Any time, I won't mind."

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

[Machine Shop]

We're working on a way to deliver explosives into the middle of the enemy ranks. Starting with fast mechanical legs and working our way up.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

Sue's Place

"Same," Delisle says with a smile, pulling on her dress, and then twisting her hair into a makeshift bun. She knows she'll be seen leaving his place, and gossip will spread, but somehow it seems to her that it will appear less disreputable if no one else sees her with her hair down.

Machine Shop

Sunny returns to her workbench. She has a drone playing Bach for her while she customizes armour.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #689
    Halfling in the Playground

Gates

Aliz, the male combat mage is nearby, and he gives Edijar a couple short gestures, and he nods back to the mage. "How'd you get it?" he asks Feia.
    "The Lord Professor sent me here willingly when Feia made her intention to bring me here clear. After all, he has been quite willing to talk, if you'd ever bothered to ask to talk. Instead, he's been rather under the impression that attempting to do so would be a waste of a creation as at best it would be returned in pieces."

...wait.

Why does he even need to ask?

The creation falls silent as Affidavit ponders whether they're merely unaware of how powerful Feia is, or if it was some sort of silly test. Perhaps he shouldn't have had the White Creation say anything, in case she wanted to show off.

Oh well. Too late for that now.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Orc in the Playground

Meeting Room

"As far as I am currently aware, no. If I later discover more later, I will tell you. Just so you are aware, we will be resserecting Reverend Gertrude, so she might be able to tell you more." Always handy, having the victim able to identify the perp in cases of murder. Although the judge/jury/court might need evidence she'd actually died.

Infirmary

"No... One? I'm free?" Rebecka doesn't sound like she believes it. Her mother was a slave, and two of her grandparents, so this isn't something she was expecting.