New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: GtKaP Interview Thread 2: Tyndmyr

What color(s) do you prefer to wear?

What do you like to collect?

How many avatars do you have?

Are you ever coming to GenCon?

What type of chocolate do you prefer?

What type and how many pets do you have?

Do you enjoy watching the Weather Channel?
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: GtKaP Interview Thread 2: Em Blackleaf

gw's Questions of Questionable Intent
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? If so, who?

2. What is one thing about yourself you're the most proud of?

3. Roses or orchids?

4. What sustains you, keeps you going every day?

5. How did you get to be so awesome?

6. Where were you ten years ago, and what do you know now that you wish you knew back then?

7. If the human race vanished tomorrow, leaving only you and one other person to keep you company, who would you want that person to be?

8. Who is one person who died before you were born that you'd most like to speak with?

9. When your life comes to an end, how do you want to be remembered/what do you want to be remembered for?

10. Ga! These questions have taken a turn for the depressing! Quick, what is your favorite lolcat!? (Bonus cookies for posting a pic.)

11. What super-power would you want to use to stop Godzilla if he was attacking where you live?

12. Beards or babies?

13. Have you ever made up a word? If so, what is that word and what is its definition?

14. Define the following word: whiloplenulent?

15. What's an old-fashioned song or short schmaltzy bit of poetry that's stuck in your head?

16. Favorite mythological monster?

17. Enough of this! I am your arch-nemesis! Where will we fight our final, climactic battle?

18. In #17, above, did you defeat me? If so, how?

19. Do you prefer the silly questions or the serious ones?

20. Why did you decide to submit yourself to these torturous, probing questions?

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Thank you Em Blackleaf. Never stop being adorable.

Up next we have one of the site's 3.5 fans and a gaming blog person, Tyndmyr!

Reinholdt's Riveting and Rhetorical Questions:
    What question would you like to be asked?
    What is the dumbest thing you've ever done?

What traits do you look for in an ideal pet?
    Quiet. Made of metal. Urge to kill.

What is the square root of Pi?
    Pies are not squares, pies are circles!

What's your favorite OOTS strip?
    Oooh, hard call. I loved the strip in which Miho fell, though. That's probably the winner for me.

What's your favorite Erfworld strip?
    150. Who doesn't love a volcano raining fiery death upon everyone?

How does your ITP persona relate to you in real life?
    I act much the same in real life...with perhaps a heavier dose of sarcasm and random silliness. I am still Alignment:LE, have a love of good arguments, and a strong tendency to optimize the hell out of everything.

Sadistic choice time! You must choose to save either the life of your most loved one or the lives of a large group of strangers. Which do you choose?
    The life of my loved one, in a heartbeat, with no remorse.

What is your favorite word?
    Boink. It's delightfully playful and cheery sounding.

What is your least favorite word?
    Monk...can I say Monk?

What makes you enthusiastic?
    Almost everything, really. When I get into something, I get REALLY into things. I also typically have a ridiculous amount of hobbies and activities going on at once. If I were represented by a D20 M sheet, I'd have all the skills. All of them.

What disappoints you?
    Stupid and boring people. I want to light them all on fire.

What sound do you love?
    Explosions. This fourth of July, I cleaned out the closet and set off an entire crate worth of entirely unlabeled, unmarked fireworks. Sometimes by lighting entire boxes on fire and screaming "Run! Run until you hear a boom!"

What sound do you hate?
    The brief instant of silence before a car accident. I always see them coming, and it seems to stretch out for forever.

What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
    Fiction writer. I actually started a novel earlier this year, got a quarter of the way in. Then, I found Jim Butcher's blog on writing, which entirely changed how I looked at writing. Everything clicked. I'm likely tossing out what I have and starting over.

What profession would you not like to participate in?
    Any food service. The stuff they have to deal with...I'm just not that patient. I tip 'em well, and wish them luck. Not for me.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wxdruid View Post
    I'm a huge fan of monocromatic themes, so I wear a great deal of both white and black, often with an outfit almost entirely of one or the other. In actual colors, blue is a favorite, followed distantly by red.

I used to collect warhammer 40k...but I broke that habit. Phew. Now, it's just legos. Castle, city, and pirates, mostly.

Just this one...oh, and the old generic white mage. That one tended to result in me being mistaken for a woman, though, so I adopted this one that I found on a blog, promoting continued player-based development of 3.5 and such.

Hmm, I've never been...what's it like, and when it is? I do have money and leave, so we'll see.

White wins every time. I like all of them really. ALL. But white's the best. And yes, I consider it real chocolate.

Not at all. I'm a fan of cats, but I'm highly allergic to them. So, while I love the furry bundles of joy, I love breathing more. I do enjoy me some robuts, though, so my apartment occasionally does have other things moving about it.

Nah. Recently canceled my cable altogether. Thanks to netflix and other means of getting media, I don't actually watch traditional TV at all. I did regret this decision a bit when Game of Thrones came out, though. I'm well behind on that.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GtKaP Interview Thread 2: Em Blackleaf

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post

A few of them, really. Most recently, Black Widow in Iron Man 2. Frigging awesome.

I grew up in an extremely rural, backward part of the midwest(yes, even worse than wherever you're from, readers), and now am a software engineer, and generally successful. It's not the most unique story, but it makes me happy.

3. Roses or orchids?
    Roses. There's a classical elegance to a rose that can't be overstated.

I'm incredibly self-reliant and egotistical. I believe I'm awesome, and just enjoy experiencing everything. There's always something new and fun out there waiting.

As a kid, I remember one day...at about twelve, I believe, when it suddenly clicked that the word impossible, as used by adults, really meant "I can't imagine that". I realized that there was no particular reason why I had to do anything at that point. Terribly freeing, and led to all sorts of fantastic things.

6. Where were you ten years ago, and what do you know now that you wish you knew back then?
    Ten years ago, I was in college, running out of money and motivation. I eventually dropped out and joined the AF. If I could have known anything, it would have been that worrying is truly pointless. I should have given up the habit years before I did.

7. If the human race vanished tomorrow, leaving only you and one other person to keep you company, who would you want that person to be?
    I plead the third, on the basis that if she read this, it'd be terribly embarrassing. Also, some of my friends frequent this forum, and damn do they love gossip.

8. Who is one person who died before you were born that you'd most like to speak with?
    Tesla. He's fantastic.

9. When your life comes to an end, how do you want to be remembered/what do you want to be remembered for?
    As the person who decided it was more fun not to end the world.

10. Ga! These questions have taken a turn for the depressing! Quick, what is your favorite lolcat!? (Bonus cookies for posting a pic.)
    The one that's actually a bunny. It's caption says "I have no idea what you just posted, so here's a picture of a bunny clapping". It's typically my profile pic on facebook.

11. What super-power would you want to use to stop Godzilla if he was attacking where you live?
    The power of an assault rifle with a ridiculously large magazine. Also, a circle of friends that are mostly military. It'd make a damned good movie.

12. Beards or babies?
    Both are bad. Now I'm gonna have nightmares about bearded babies. Oh, the horror.

13. Have you ever made up a word? If so, what is that word and what is its definition?
    Possessing or displaying a plentiful variety of whiles.

15. What's an old-fashioned song or short schmaltzy bit of poetry that's stuck in your head?
    I don't want to set the world on fire....

Dragon. It's a classic, and the imagery is epic.

17. Enough of this! I am your arch-nemesis! Where will we fight our final, climactic battle?
    While in free fall from a castle in the sky. Also, the world. It's on fire.

Yes. With the power of Science! Probably with laser cannons.

Which are which, now?

20. Why did you decide to submit yourself to these torturous, probing questions?
    Because I get to talk about the most interesting person in the world. Myself. And no, I don't drink Dos Equis.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

How’s life at the moment?

Favorite color?

Favorite fruit?

Favorite ice cream?

What is your theme song?

What is your alignment?

What is your Magic: The Gathering color?

What is the meaning of life?

What are your thoughts on:

Love?
    Friendship?
    Freedom?

What is the color of your aura?

What does your essence taste like?

What’s your elemental affinity?

Who would you ask to the next Playground Prom, if we had one?

Are you part of any other online communities?

What fictional character do you most identify with?

Socks: Yes or no?

What’s your pony name?

Do you know any Playgrounders in real life?

What is the highest compliment you have ever received?

What is the highest compliment you can imagine receiving?

What do you want to be when you grow up?

What’s your favorite greeting?

Your favorite way of saying goodbye?

What’s your favorite smilie?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Blue Ghost's questions:

Spoiler
    Show

How’s life at the moment?
    Not bad. New GF, just got back from a trip, taking off thursday for a Harry Potter marathon, followed by copious amounts of drinking on the weekend. Life's awesome.

Favorite color?
    Blue. A nice, vivid, intense blue.

Favorite fruit?
    Strawberries.

Favorite ice cream?
    Mint Chocolate Chip.

What is your theme song?
    Ride of Valkries. Preferably played whenever I take off my pants. The world would be a more awesome place if everyone had theme music cued to that.

What is your alignment?
    Lawful Evil.

What is your Magic: The Gathering color?
    Blue, with Red as a heavy secondary choice.

What is the meaning of life?
    Don't believe in the question. I find that too much introspection and philosophizing can be ultimately depressing. Questions that can't be subdivided and thus, easily answered, I have classified as too damned vague. I find it much more satisfying.

What are your thoughts on:

Love?
    Love is complicated. Sometimes I'd rather fall in Like. Nothing else has ever made me intentionally make so many bad decisions.

Friendship?
    Extremely important to me. My friends are my family.

Freedom?
    Also extremely important. I thrive in positions of independence and variety. Probably the most important of all things.

What is the color of your aura?
    Presuming a belief in auras...I'd go with gold.

What does your essence taste like?
    Purple. Yes, purple is a flavor.

What’s your elemental affinity?
    Titanium.

Who would you ask to the next Playground Prom, if we had one?
    Every single attractive female. The drama would be fantastically delicious.

Are you part of any other online communities?
    Not at the moment, though I used to be part of TauOnline, and had a brief stint at zombie squad.

What fictional character do you most identify with?
    Dr Venture.

Socks: Yes or no?
    Yes. I likes em.

What’s your pony name?
    No pony, but if I had one, I'd name it Sparkles. Or Lunch. Depends what mood I'm in.

Do you know any Playgrounders in real life?
    A couple...I think I'm the most frequent poster, though. Sometimes I wonder how many of my players have accounts.

What is the highest compliment you have ever received?
    "I....I really didn't think you'd survive that."

What is the highest compliment you can imagine receiving?
    "This universe is yours, oh benevolent master. And please, take our universe as well, for you can make so much better use of it than we can."

What do you want to be when you grow up?
    I'm not sure. This "growing up" business doesn't sound like much fun.

What’s your favorite greeting?
    Heya

Your favorite way of saying goodbye?
    A two-fingered wave and a "later".

What’s your favorite smilie?
    He flew in exactly the same way a brick didn't.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?
    Once upon a time, I was a young little Tyndmyr, interested in all sorts of things. After watching certain movies, I decided that I was going to build a lightsaber. I checked down the list of necessary attributes in my mind(three foot glowing blade, cut through metal, etc, etc), not bothering my head with trivial details like how I would not die from it, and determined that I could make such a thing out of rocket engines.

I lugged my box of things that go BOOM, FOOM, and BLAM out of the basement, and begin testing bits to see what things were still good, and which had gone off. Being safety conscious, I did so outside. Not having anything fancy like a remote detonation system, I started testing detonators by holding them to a 9v battery. One after another, they ceased to explode in my fleshy little hands. In disgust, I shoved detonators and battery back into the pile. Suddenly, it worked. Turns out, a rocket engine can hit rather ridiculous temperatures in short order. As the pile went up, I realized a number of things. First, it really did look light a lightsaber. Secondly, my hand was in there. I realized this was bad, because I'm an intelligent scientist.

I think I managed to break the speed of sound getting indoors from the deck. The door was certainly shut before they had stopped igniting, and the deck hadn't even burned to the point of needing to be replaced yet. My mother, she heard it from the basement, though several closed doors. Upon coming up, and seeing me with my arm charred to my shoulder and a complete lack of body hair and most of my clothing asked me "Is it bad enough for the hospital?". I come from a long line of great intellects, apparently. Fortunately, it turns out that despite managing to get some nifty third degree burns, everything managed to grow back within the month. Like wolverine. Only without the claws. Or hair. Or adamantium. Or attitude. Or being a mutant. But otherwise, yeah, just like wolverine.

I got to know the ER folks pretty well, I did.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

Do you, in fact, have any cheese here at all?

Will you go quietly when they come for you?

What is your anti-zombie weapon of choice?

Are you running to something, or from something?

What's the magic word?
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Bugbear in the Playground

Favourite Norse god and why ?

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

12. - Top - End - #552
    Colossus in the Playground

Have you ever travelled overseas?

If so, what event really drove it home that you weren't in your own country anymore?

What place/s do you most and least want to visit?

What have you recently discovered or worked out about yourself?

In what ways have you changed since you were half your current age?

In what ways have you stayed the same?

What are you most proud of?

What are you most ashamed of?

What is your greatest achievement?

What is your greatest regret?

What do you consider the best and worst of all your senses (that is, what do you think is the best and worst smell, taste, etc)?

Wanna meet whenever I end up in your part of the world?

On a more personal note...

You appear to have moderated your stance on DMPCs very slightly since last time it came up to something a little less absolutist. Is this a fair observation?

What brings you out of the nerdy depths of Gaming?

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

What tier do you prefer to play at?

What is, in your mind, the most elegant build?

Do you like building encounters?

If so, what is your favorite? What EL was it? Did you run it? Did it kill everyone?

What topics in Gaming do you not touch with an 11' pole?

What is your stance on partially charge wands and cross-class ranks in UMD?

What are your favorite topics in Gaming to participate in?

Do you still see yourself being interested in D&D and/or this forum in 10 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

14. - Top - End - #554
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: GtKaP Interview Thread 2: Tyndmyr

Do you have a favorite author? If so, whom?

What was the last work of fiction you read?

What is the smartest thing you've ever done?
    Baby B-day Turtle Avatar by Savannah
    fnord
    Ex-Keeper of The Birthdays (The Birthday Thread)

Official president of the Teevo must die fanclub

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh, lots of good questions awaiting me.

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Do you, in fact, have any cheese here at all?
    I direct you to my guide on rapid/dual caster progression cheese, culminating in the creation of Lil' Timmy, an abhorrent exercise in quad casting.

Also, I invariably keep Babybel mini cheese wheels in the fridge. I friggin love cheese.

Will you go quietly when they come for you?
    Aheheheh. No. Hell no.

What is your anti-zombie weapon of choice?
    A Panther Arms AR-15 in 5.56 with 100 round double drum magazines. Mostly ball, but the odd tracer round for determining when the mags are running dry. It's in my closet. One day, it'll have a grenade launcher attached, and I'll be truly ready.

Are you running to something, or from something?
    Usually toward. Only from when I realize the fuse is lit.

What's the magic word?
    [/quote]

Fuego!

Quote Originally Posted by rakkoon View Post
    Favourite Norse god and why ?
    Odin. I'm a big fan of the spear in actual combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Have you ever travelled overseas?
    Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Ireland and England.

If so, what event really drove it home that you weren't in your own country anymore?
    Stopping at a gas station and realizing EVERYTHING was different.

What place/s do you most and least want to visit?
    Most? Another planet. Least? Any place ending in -stan.

What have you recently discovered or worked out about yourself?
    This summer, I realized I'd let myself get out of shape. As this motivated me to fix it, it was pretty useful.

In what ways have you changed since you were half your current age?
    Wow...I was what, 14 then? Everything, really.

[quote]In what ways have you stayed the same?[/quot]

Well, my hair is still brown. I think that pretty much covers it. Literally everything else has changed.

What are you most proud of?
    Winning an impromptu "build a weapon out of the contents of your pocket/backpack" contest in college by building a gauss rifle.

What are you most ashamed of?
    I...I let a friend find out I was ticklish. Apparently I sound exactly like a Tickle Me Elmo. I can't escape it.

What is your greatest achievement?
    I've built highly advanced biometric systems from scratch. Probably one of them.

I've also got some scale model robot warships with working guns under construction though, so this may change.

What is your greatest regret?
    Being homeschooled. I missed out on a few things, like society and science. Lots of catchup in college.

What do you consider the best and worst of all your senses (that is, what do you think is the best and worst smell, taste, etc)?
    Worst? Smell. Allergies as a kid kept me from smelling essentially anything. It's back now, but it's still not terribly sharp.

Best? Balance. Sure, it's not one of the traditional five, but it's in the 14 officially recognized. Years of mixed martial arts fighting'll do that.

Wanna meet whenever I end up in your part of the world?
    Sure! I love meeting up with people I've met online...it's always interesting to see how perception matches up with reality.

On a more personal note...

You appear to have moderated your stance on DMPCs very slightly since last time it came up to something a little less absolutist. Is this a fair observation?
    It's fair, and also very perceptive. I realized I was coming across a bit more confrontational online than I do in RL about a few DMing opinions, so I've tried to rephrase them a bit.

What brings you out of the nerdy depths of Gaming?
    I've got a kayak that I dearly love. Broke it in dodging ships on the atlantic last year, and I've got a wild variety of other outdoorsy habits as well. Camping, climbing, hiking, biking, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    What tier do you prefer to play at?
    1+

What is, in your mind, the most elegant build?
    I saw a lovely multi casting build a while back that managed to fold tainted scholar, beholder mage, human paragon, and Dweomerkeeper, ur priest, etc into 20 levels. It was beautiful.

Do you like building encounters?
    Yes.

If so, what is your favorite? What EL was it? Did you run it? Did it kill everyone?
    Actually, I love the town/river invasion encounter toward the beginning of RHoD. It was party level +6 when I last ran it...and no, it didn't kill everyone(see tier 1+ comment).

What topics in Gaming do you not touch with an 11' pole?
    I don't have that much good sense. Tier arguments, monk topics, edition wars...I'm in.

What is your stance on partially charge wands and cross-class ranks in UMD?
    Love em, allow em in my games...but availability isn't always guaranteed for extremely specific stuff.

What are your favorite topics in Gaming to participate in?
    Love me some TO/high end PO.

Do you still see yourself being interested in D&D and/or this forum in 10 years?
    Well, been playing for ten so far, so it's quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthix View Post
    Do you have a favorite author? If so, whom?
    Terry Pratchett or Jim Butcher. Tough call.

What was the last work of fiction you read?
    Dragon Bones. It was terrible. Straight Mary Suism.

What is the smartest thing you've ever done?
    Joining the USAF. Got me out of the midwest, got me to meet lots of awesome people, and got me the skills for my current, awesome, job.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Worst? Smell. Allergies as a kid kept me from smelling essentially anything. It's back now, but it's still not terribly sharp.

Best? Balance. Sure, it's not one of the traditional five, but it's in the 14 officially recognized. Years of mixed martial arts fighting'll do that.
    It happened again I meant, what is your best and worst taste, what is your best and worst sound, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    I've got a kayak that I dearly love. Broke it in dodging ships on the atlantic last year, and I've got a wild variety of other outdoorsy habits as well. Camping, climbing, hiking, biking, etc.
    I meant in terms of GitP subforums, but that's interesting too.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    It happened again I meant, what is your best and worst taste, what is your best and worst sound, etc.
    Oooh, good one. Very evocative.

Sight: Worst-The image of my ex crying on the day we divorced, Best-Lucerne, Switzerland, from in the alps.
    Sound: Worst-Nails on a blackboard, Best-Currently a fan of Rise Against-Broken Mirrors. It changes rapidly, though.
    Smell: Worst-I visited Dachau once. That was the worst. Best- Freshly baked pie. I love baking.
    Touch: Worst-The feel of a spider crawling over your skin. Best-The feel of a fleece blanket.
    Taste: Worst-French food. All of it. Sorry. I've been to some very expensive, fine french places, and I hate it all. Best-A norwegian dish called Lefse. Fresh, with butter and sugar.

I meant in terms of GitP subforums, but that's interesting too.
    Hmm, I occasionally participate in non-nerdy topics in Friendly Banter, but I'm afraid that's probably the only one. In Media, I tend to hit things like comic book movies and fantasy books, so...still registering on the nerd-o-meter

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GtKaP Interview Thread 2: Savannah

Thank you Tyndmyr. Umm... be a bit more careful with explosive and incendiary stuff, k?

Up next we have a large city... Savannah!
    Wait. Oh. I mean, the person. We have a person named Savannah. She's pretty laid back. Give her a warm welcome.

Reinholdt's Riveting and Rhetorical Questions:
    Sadistic choice time! You must choose to save either the life of your most loved one or the lives of a large group of strangers. Which do you choose?
    What disappoints you?
    What sound do you love?
    What sound do you hate?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Troll in the Playground

Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

20. - Top - End - #560
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I managed to totally forget about this!

Up next we have a large city... Savannah!
    Actually, I'm a grassy plain

She's pretty laid back.
    And you're basing that on....? I am, mind you, but I didn't think you knew me enough to say that...

You know, I'm not sure. Let me get back to you on that.

Loyal, cuddly, smart (yes, I actually know what it means to have a smart pet and enjoy it), not aggressive, gets along with others of its kind so I can have more than one, minimal grooming required, healthy and active.

Why would you ask such an irrational question?

The entire Evil V arc, starting from when the dragon attacks and ending with familicide.

I read it once and remember nothing from it, so I don't know.

About the same. You guys don't tend to get to see my animal- or book-loving side, though.

You mean assuming I can't cheat, call in reinforcements, and save both? Probably the strangers...my most loved ones tend to understand the value of the greater good.

I've never thought about that. I'm not sure...

"Tho", "Thru", and other misspellings of actual words. Mind you, I don't know if they count, as they're not real words.

Dogs and dog training. Roleplaying games.

What disappoints you?
    Mis-use of psychological terms in the media and by people who've learned all their psychology from the media.

What sound do you love?
    Wind blowing through the trees. Rushing water.

What sound do you hate?
    Little kids screaming.

I've always thought foley artists for movies have a really cool job.

Child-care provider *shudders*

Blue, green, black/white/grey. Anything not pink

Currently, nothing. Used to collect insects.

Waaaaay too many to count. They're all of the same lady, mind you, just in different costumes and poses.

Nope. I don't even know what it is, really.

Milk. Second choice is white. Dark is evil.

Currently none
    I have had two dogs (at different times), and seven rats (generally two at a time).
    I'm planning on getting a dog in a few months

Ugh, no. I don't watch very much TV to begin with, and I don't want to waste my small amount of watching time on the weather channel!
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    And you're basing that on....? I am, mind you, but I didn't think you knew me enough to say that...
    I stalk you. Daily. Hourly even.
    ... Nah. Just kidding. It was an educated guess based on your avatar lazing around in a bean-bag chair.

Why would you ask such an irrational question?
    Owowowowowowow...

Oh. Right. Questions!
    Hmm...
    What is your avatar listening to on her music player?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #562

Owowowowowowow...
    Oh, come on, you were asking for that with that sort of question!

What is your avatar listening to on her music player?
    "Just Stop" by Disturbed. ...I'm not entirely sure how I know that (I think I was listening to that when I made the avatar, so that's probably why.)
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ettin in the Playground

Why did you sign up for being interviewed?
    Why do you believe dark chocolate to be evil?
    What brought you to the Playground?
    You mentioned moving a while back, where are you going and why?
    Assuming I didn't hallucinate you mentioning moving, what part of Oregon will you most miss?
    What would you rather face-your worst enemy or your worst nightmare?
    What superpower would you like to have? (Omni-anything is not an option.)
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?
    What alignment do you think you are?
    What alignment do you think I am?
    What is your opinion on alternate dimensions?

24. - Top - End - #564

Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Why did you sign up for being interviewed?
    I read some of the old threads and was highly amused.
    Why do you believe dark chocolate to be evil?
    I don't, really, but I don't like it very much. And I find that a decent number of dark chocolate lovers kinda look down on milk chocolate lovers, as if their chocolate is more real chocolate than mine.
    What brought you to the Playground?
    I can't remember. I found a link to OotS -- I think it was on another vaguely D&D webcomic, but I'm not sure. It took me a couple of months to notice that there were forums...
    You mentioned moving a while back, where are you going and why?
    I'm moving to Texas because I'm starting graduate school there next month.
    Assuming I didn't hallucinate you mentioning moving, what part of Oregon will you most miss?
    The weather. Particularly the "not hot" quality
    What would you rather face-your worst enemy or your worst nightmare?
    Well, considering that my worst enemy is a highly annoying but not actually dangerous guy I once had the misfortune of playing D&D with and my worst nightmare involves feeling myself go crazy after being exposed to a drug that causes cannibalism and....other things I'm not supposed to talk about on here, I'm going to go with my worst enemy.
    What superpower would you like to have? (Omni-anything is not an option.)
    The ability to speak with animals.
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?
    What level of change is allowed? My default wish/single change/etc is eliminating deliberate cruelty from the human race, but I'm not sure that's the sort of thing you were going for.
    What alignment do you think you are?
    Alignments are messy, prone to being misinterpreted, and generally stupid. Therefore I use them as little as possible and don't apply them to any sort of real-life situation.
    What alignment do you think I am?
    See above.
    What is your opinion on alternate dimensions?
    Um...really cool and not as headache-inducing as time travel.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Banned

What is your favourite colour?

If you could travel to one place in the world, where would it be?

For the question above, why?

If you could be one D&D monster, which one? (Be as specific and obscure as you like.)

26. - Top - End - #566

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    What is your favourite colour?
    Blue.

If you could travel to one place in the world, where would it be?
    No thanks.

I don't like to travel.

If you could be one D&D monster, which one? (Be as specific and obscure as you like.)
    A great wyrm dragon. Don't particularly care what type, as long as I'm properly majestic (i.e. not white ).

Great. Wyrm. Dragon. Does it need more explanation?
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

3. Roses or orchids?

12. Beards or babies?

28. - Top - End - #568

Nope. I don't really get crushes.

I can always figure out what I need to do to handle any problems I face. (Even if "what to do" is "ask [person x]" )

3. Roses or orchids?
    Roses.

Um...Nothing in particular. On a certain level, I don't even understand the question -- I know what sorts of things most people will answer, but I have no answer. There's no reason for me not to keep going, so I just kinda do.

A little bit of good genes, a lot of good experience, and even more hard work.

Nowhere particularly exciting, nor particularly dull. As for what I'd like to have known...sadly, that's not far enough back to tell my old self not to adopt the dog that drove me crazy for years. Probably a lot of little things about getting into my current hobbies earlier, so I could have more fun

Someone genetically compatible with me who has excellent survival skills and similar interests. Note: this is the only situation where I'd take back my desire not to have babies.

Any ancient celt who could explain why the bog bodies were, well, put in the bogs. Seriously, there's at least three major theories, and bodies that fit some and don't fit others...

By my friends/family? For being a good person. By the world as a whole? I don't care if I'm remembered or not.

I don't like lolcats. I can, however, provide a funny and adorable animal photo. Because dumbo rats are automatically funny and adorable

The ability to create an extra-dimensional space which contains exactly what I need. Obviously, it would contain Godzilla-Be-Gone(tm) spray. Kinda like bug spray, but for bigger and scalier things.

12. Beards or babies?
    Ick, not a fan of either. However, beards can work on some guys, and babies are always a pain, so I'd have to go with beards.

Not as far as I know.

Engaging in an activity that makes tree branches lash back and forth. As in "The wind sure is whiloplenulent today."
    ...man, I need to find someone to play Balderdash with again...

Fortunately, I don't tend to get things stuck in my head.

Dragon.

In an open field, at noon. Pistols at 20 paces.

Yes. Your invitation said 25 paces. Sorry.

Oh, probably the silly ones. I have to think harder about them to come up with a properly funny answer, for the most part, but they're more fun to think about.

*ahem*
    I read some of the old threads and was highly amused.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Bugbear in the Playground

Who is your favourite vampire and why?

Favourite fairy tale and why?

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

30. - Top - End - #570

Who is your favourite vampire and why?
    Spike from Buffy the Vampre Slayer/Angel. Because he's funny and properly powerful and evil. Plus he sings well

Favourite fairy tale and why?
    I'm not a huge fan of fairy tales -- they're always weird once you start thinking about them. See The Rumpelstiltskin Problem by Vivian Vande Velde for a perfect rant and solution
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.