New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Barbarian-Warden Fluff requested

So, if I ever decide to find a local playgroup with internet access, I'm going to use my Barbarian-Warden/Bear Warrior/Eternal Seeker build (unless, of course, the party is already striker or defender heavy). However, I am having trouble creating a backstory to start L1 with and eventually mix with the storyline and work into L11 and L21.

Any suggestions? Additional information available on request (sorry ^_^).

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Barbarian-Warden Fluff requested

first little question, are you a barbarian/Warden who multiclassed or a hybrid?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KingFlameHawk View Post
    first little question, are you a barbarian/Warden who multiclassed or a hybrid?
    Hybrid. To be specific (since you reminded me of MC), he will be a Barbarian-Warden Hybrid with multiclassing in Avenger and Fighter (maybe another martial class if I change my mind).

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ELC View Post
    Hybrid. To be specific (since you reminded me of MC), he will be a Barbarian-Warden Hybrid with multiclassing in Avenger and Fighter (maybe another martial class if I change my mind).
    I'm afraid you can multiclass only once. Either fighter or Avenger not both.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ELC View Post
    Hybrid. To be specific (since you reminded me of MC), he will be a Barbarian-Warden Hybrid with multiclassing in Avenger and Fighter
    Usually you're only allowed to multiclass into one other class, unless you happen to be a bard. So are you sure you can do this?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

>_< ... dang it: I get so excited about using three free second winds an encounter that I ignore the rules entirely ... this is worse than when I thought could use Geas with Gate in 3.5.

Let's see . . . I have two options then:
    Disciple of Divine Wrath + the CA Oath feat from Divine Power
    or
    [Fighter MC Feat] + Epic Recovery

For the sake of argument, assume that I'm making two almost-identical characters except the difference is that one is MC Avenger and the other is MC Fighter (or Warlord ... I'm actually thinking of using Warlord)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

I'm glad you're excited, but I would dissuade you from writing his life's story before the campaign starts. Write up his backstory, fit him into the campaign worldand let hi grow organically within that world, its events and how your character responds.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Good advice: I just wanted to work in some minor perks/quirks that would give him a predisposition towards acquiring certain traits.

Thanks for the help y'all!