New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Creating a Deity

Against what you may believe I'm not looking to "stat" a deity.
    I'm looking for the things that would be necessary to create a deity for my Character to follow.

We will be playing a Gestalt campaign and I'm going to be playing a bard/cleric. who will be contacted by a deity to start a following and church. I have to create this deity. This is to be the God of Empathy and relationships. He will obviously be Chaotic Good due to the mercurial nature of emotions.

and I know what I want the portfolio and domains to be. [Portfolio: Care, Respect, Freedom (domains: Community, {Charm,} Good, Liberation, {Nobility} not sure about charm and nobility yet)]

I'm just not sure what else I may need. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks much!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Creating a Deity

All you really need is an alignment and at least two, better three domains.
    Everything else is entirely fluff.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

I recommend grabbing one of the deity entries from, say, Deities and Demigods, deleting their bits and adding your own to see how it turns out.
    Are you looking for a bunch of values to put on your character sheet, or are you looking for a full-blown religion for your character to roleplay with?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Given the OP, it appears he wants to start his own religion according to the deity's principles, so the deity's principles would be a good place to start.
    Eternal Fighter Advocate

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

A full blown religion for him to follow and spread throughout the land.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Chi-oo, The Twin Faced Coin
    Intermediate Deity
    Portfolio: Care, Respect, Freedom
    Domains: Charm, Liberation, Good, Nobility
    Worshipers: Benevolent Leaders, Doctors, Knights, Monks (religious)
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Favored Weapon: Helping Hand (Unarmed Strike)

Chi-oo appears as a statue of solid gold taking the shape of a stately dressed woman on the front and a man of clearly noble birth at back. It is said when Chi-oo speaks, all are calm before it. It is said that Chi-oo remains motionless to better understand it's followers, and will not move until it understands each pain a mortal life can endure.

Clerics: Clerics of Chi-oo wear golden robes and tend to hospitals and rest stations along long country roads. Clerics of Chi-oo pray for spells at the first light of dawn if they are able to witness it, praying for spells when ever they can otherwise.

Dogma: Cause no harm to others and live life as best as one can aiding those around yourself. Life is not a solitary walk, but one filled with life and love, and understanding others will help you understand yourself. Trust others but be not naive, help others but be not brow beaten.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.