New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "The second division has a vested interest in what the prisoner has to say. I'm here as a trained individual in both normal and extreme interrogation methods. I am also a former ally to the prisoner. I have every political and lawful reason to be here. That you suspect anything else is insulting." Nao begins walking toward an interrogation room. "I'm going to interrogate the prisoner as is my job and you are either going to help me in this matter, or I can wait until you're done with the prisoner and do the interrogation on my own."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Insulted as you may be, we could have used this information BEFORE you insisted on having your way spearheading this interrogation, Nao-kun.

I would like to be briefed on the nature of your previous relationship with the prisoner first. Were you friends? Colleagues? Bond siblings? This is all vital information, you know. I can either take you at your word and we can begin this interrogation properly after you brief me or you can insult yourself further by insisting upon your indignation. I've already apologized for the suspicion cast upon you. If you'd care about it in writing instead, that can be arranged later.

So. Are we going somewhere with this?"
    Yoshi feels a headache coming on.

"To be frank, none of the three of us have a "duty" to interview her. Pretty sure only 10th can genuinely do that. Suppose we can ask questions, though.

So again, let's maybe all back off just a bit here.
    "

He's still keeping one eye on Suzume, though. He doesn't trust the crazy lady.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post

[Day 11 forth, Yama Yuuta's apartment]

Sayuri starts eagerly browsing through the files, memorizing them with all the precision she can muster. The knowledge is most fascinating indeed - it's not hard for her to pick up what spells and techniques Takeshi might have found useful to his pursuits. Of course, it takes some effort to not get side-tracked by her curiosity - since her transfer back from Kido Corps to Gotei, she hasn't had access to such comprehensive records of the art. She must constantly remind herself that the actual data is not present, just so she doesn't waste time stumbling on empty pages.

"Do you have a copy of this?", she asks. "It'd be useful if I could get one for my own. Overall, it'd be best to get as many spares as possible - these computer things, they're so fickle. Paper has been the same for centuries, but you can hardly read things written with these if they're more than a decade old! It's infuriating, really, I don't see why the 12th is so keen on spreading them to every division, it's such horrible mess to replace them every other year or so....
    The Vice-Captain is initially met with the sounds of industrial motion, and clinking china, radiating from the kitchen. "As a matter of fact, I do have a few copies of the index spread around the compound. There should even be two external drives in the drawer to the left of your feet. As a side note, I have also made it known, to the Corps as a whole, that it is to prioritize immediately replicating every book we recover in a digital format so that complete copies can be archived as a precaution against another... -disruptive event such as ours." Appearing with a tea setting tray (complete with soft cheeses and biscuits), and the warm aroma of a fruity campfire, Yuuta pours one glass before pausing expectantly over the other. "Zhen Shan Xiao Zhong, a souchong of exceptional quality that is favored by my family. Also, in case you were wondering, the "quoted" listings are only the functional titles given to themed collections composed of the unnamed notes and unpublished essays of some of the greatest minds throughout the Corps' history."
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2011-05-24 at 01:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaki
    [9th Division Headquarters]

Falling...

Falling...

She was sliding backwards a little, and then her head touched something.
    what...? The small dreams she had were disappearing. But her eyes were still tired. What was she doing again?
    She opened her eyes slowly at first, and realized she was lying on her back, looking up at Vice Captain Hirokatsu Goto. He was standing and looking down at her with a slight smile on his face.

what?
    There was a familiar, if loud voice from the Vice Captain as he announced his presence.
    She was certainly awake now.

"V-Vice Captain Goto!" She said, to awkwardly sit up and remove her body from his feet.
    She had been leaning against the door, when he had slid it open. Somehow, she had fallen back to lie in an embarrassing position like this.

"Fourth Seat, Okaji Kaki, reporting!" She tried to recover a professional stance by touching her head to the floor, but for anyone who watched, it was more like she just rolled over.
    "Since the 8th day, we have been worried for the absence of Vice Captain Goto, so it is good fortune to have a greeting with you after this time! Welcome back sir!" She continued to announce. Even if it was a short absence.

The other officers who had gathered here- with reports, or out of concern, or of delivering food- they also beginning to wake up.

She wanted to say more, but of course, the Vice Captain was standing there. Perhaps he would speak to the group and to her. She could feel his eyes and spiritual pressure coming down on her, so she kept her head touching the floor in this bow.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #394
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ryouichi reads the note, a somewhat disappointing look growing on his face. "I... see." Eiji may notice, on close proximity with the commander, the smell of disinfectant and antibiotics used by the 12th.

"Did Yamamoto-fukutaichou indicate how long she will be off?" Idly, he crumples the note in his hand, and casts an incantationless Haien, which proved just strong enough to incinerate the paper.
    Day 18 (whatever day Ryouichi returns to 1st Division)
    Eiji Ito, 4th Seat of the 1st Division:
    (1st Division barracks, with Captain General)

"No sir..she did not mention a length of time..i had assumed it was scheduled time off..."

Eiji said rather casually, forgetting for a moment that he was talking with the Captain General. He caught himself and straightened up his stance and repeated himself more succinctly.

"i mean...No sir, she did not..."

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

[13th Division, day 18]

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Karite grins at Hachirou. "Yeah, I did go with the 11th for a bit."

He laughs, scratching the back of his head. "I guess I just wanted to talk with Michiko, but she thought I was an officer, so I got dragged to the fight with 'em. Pity, eh?"

He pats Hachirou on the back. "Anyways Hachirou, I've got some rookies to train. They only use kido, and it's gonna be a huge pain."
    Karite can notice Hachirou tensing upon his gesture. He didn't quite expect his superior to act so familiar after such a long break from duty. "I... see", he responds monotonously. "Well, I hope your exercise goes well. Me and Shiaki-san have been preparing them for the past week. They should have grasped the basics already, so you have a good foundation to build on."

As the corridor they're in branches, Hachirou bows and takes a different path than Karite. It's his lunch hour, and the canteen doesn't serve food for much longer today. "Have a nice day, Mitsukai-fukutaichou."

---

[Day 11 and later, Yama Yuuta's apartment]

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Vice-Captain is initially met with the sounds of industrial motion, and clinking china, radiating from the kitchen. "As a matter of fact, I do have a few copies of the index spread around the compound. There should even be two external drives in the drawer to the left of your feet. As a side note, I have also made it known, to the Corps as a whole, that it is to prioritize immediately replicating every book we recover in a digital format so that complete copies can be archived as a precaution against another... -disruptive event such as ours." Appearing with a tea setting tray (complete with soft cheeses and biscuits), and the warm aroma of a fruity campfire, Yuuta pours one glass before pausing expectantly over the other. "Zhen Shan Xiao Zhong, a souchong of exceptional quality that is favored by my family. Also, in case you were wondering, the "quoted" listings are only the functional titles given to themed collections composed of the unnamed notes and unpublished essays of some of the greatest minds throughout the Corps' history."
    "Is that so? Interesting", Sayuri mutters as she reads through the list. She takes the beverage and a few snacks, nodding to Yuuta. "Thank you, Yama-san."

For the next few days, Sayuri would visit Yuuta regularly, to talk with him about the upcoming confrontation and to plan countermeasures against different arrays of Kido their opposition might have up. She also takes one of the external drives with her to upload it in Gotei's archives (under classified files, of course), as they wait for Central 46's verdict on their access to their archives.

A week passes - one could hardly call it uneventful, but most of whatever happens is distant enough to the two sorcerers that it doesn't disrupt their work. Then, it's time to advance to the next phase of their schemes...

((OOC: It's my intent to cut to day 19 now, eight days ahead. You can of course describe what happens during that time, Hadrian. ))
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

[10th Division Barracks, Day 18]

Slowly, Hayashi Goro realized that the fight he had been observing had come to an end. And he still hadn't had his drink.

...Perhaps that was for the best. After all, drinking alone was coming to be regarded as a sign of alcoholism. Wouldn't do for the Elders or Natsuko-taichou to hear that he had been behaving in such a way. No. Better to be drinking with a friend. His sake tended to be a bit better than what 10th Division offered anyway.

This decided, Goro slowly pulled himself to his feet, and began shuffling off toward 5th Division. He had a bit of coin to repay the favor, and it had been a while since his last sparring match...
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #397
    Bugbear in the Playground

((OOC: Fine by me, Frozen.))

When not conspiring with (and tutoring) the Vice-Captain, Yuuta devotes the week to sorting out the new chain of command and gathering what few resources weren't stolen away or destroyed. Computer illiterate Corps members are given a crash course in basic functions by their peers so that every available arcanist can take part in the digital update. In what feels like no time at all, the Corps is running more smoothly than it has in quite some time despite being woefully understaffed. However, morale still runs dangerously low as the tension on numbers only serves to remind the collective of friends and family lost in the revolt.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

[1st Division HQ - Entrance, Day ?? (<19)]

Ryouichi frowns, nodding to Eiji. "Thank you for informing me, but no need to be so formal. That said, I'm sure you have more important things to do, so dismissed." With that, the Commander makes way to his office. There was much work to be done.

[Central 46th - Day 19]

Ryouichi finishes a written request to the Central 46th, requesting the authority to expend any amount of resources on the pursuit of the fugitive Kido Commander, as well as a recommendation for Officer Nagamichi of 8th as a candidate for the position abandoned by Takeshi. In short order, he has an unseated to deliver the message.

Time to turn this thing around.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Dwarf in the Playground

[5th Division Gardens, Day 18]

Smiling contentedly, Hikaru Shin stood by a wooden shelf set up along one wall of the 5th division barracks' gardens. A series of three wide and shallow pots sat on the shelf, each with a different miniature tree growing in its soil. One was a cherry, the second was a pine, and the last was a foreign willow, the branches of which twisted around like tiny corkscrews.

Shin held a pair of hardened wooden pruning shears in his right hand. Carefully, he snipped off budding branches from two of his trees, tsking at the trees that would not simply heed the direction he gave them. Of course, Shin's bonsai wanted to grow boundlessly, as any creature of the wild do if given the chance. The art of bonsai tempered that boundless spirit with reason, and thus transformed each tree into a living work of art.

In the end, the trees were happier for the discipline that Shin could provide for them, though they would always rail against. Yet more balance in nature, was this. Two opposites existing within a single body, in harmony.

The sound of moving grass alerted him that Shin that he was no longer alone in the garden. The sound of his friend's gait told him who was coming, even before he could turn around.

Shin set the pruning shears down on the shelf, and turned to face the approaching man. "Good afternoon, Hayashi-sama," said Shin as he bowed. Genially, he asked, "To what do I owe the pleasure of your company, today?"
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2011-05-24 at 08:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Vice-captain Soushi, release the prisoner for questioning. You're very far out of line, unnecessarily using kido on a prisoner, threatening an officer of the gotei, and on a personal note: asking my business for no reason than to satisfy your own curiosity. This harassment is very unorthodox, Vice-Captain and I will not answer a question about my personal relationship with anyone without direct order from central 46." Nao still makes no movement that would show hostility, although his arm muscles visibly tense. Hidden from view his face twists into a smile and his breathing becomes heavier.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-05-24 at 10:38 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"That's it. I don't feel like any of us need to be here. Guards! Come take the whole lot of us out of here!"

He presses a button on his visor to activate a radio, wherein he repeats the call for guards.

"Vice-Captain, I appreciate your curiosity, and I share it, but I think the situation's not correct for it right now.

Office Nao, I will again state you have no authority here. Especially not to remove the prisoner. We were going to request that the guards do so. I suggest that we all just walk away today. Getting into a brawl only serves to amuse a psychotic prisoner. You are also being more hostile than the Vice-Captain is. Please Officer, just walk out of here today. We'll all appreciate it more in the morning.
    "

Yoshi's own body was already essentially ready to spring into action.

"So maybe relax a bit; it looks like your heart rate's gone up a bit. Can't be healthy to have that in an argument."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Orc in the Playground

"That might be for the best, indeed.

Perhaps we should wait until Takahashi-taichou recovers to try this again. He should be able to make this go more smoothly next time.

As long as we're bumping egos, this isn't going anywhere."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

The Prison (What day is this?)

Immediately in response to Yoshi's call, 10th division guards appear, none of them carrying weapons but each one clearly prepared for a fight if necessary.

"If all of you could please leave." One of the guards steps forward. He appears to be the head warden. "I would like not to have to repeat myself."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yoshi sighed in relief.

"Thank you for your quick response, officers. I'll make sure to send you recordings of everything today. In retrospect, this was likely not the best of ideas. I apologize for any and all disruptions we may have caused."

He gave the 10th officers a bow, Nao a suspicious eye behind his visor, and Soushi a questioning look ("are you coming too?") before he began to walk out of the room.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

The guards all nod in response. The Head Warden speaks again. "Thank you, 20th Seat Yoshi." The team of guards waits for the others to leave. Two of them look in on Suzume as if checking to see if she is alright.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

16. - Top - End - #406
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    The guards all nod in response. The Head Warden speaks again. "Thank you, 20th Seat Yoshi." The team of guards waits for the others to leave. Two of them look in on Suzume as if checking to see if she is alright.
    Nao stalks out of the prison without another word or look.

Suzume is still pinned in place, and has not moved a single inch since the bakudo hit her, seeing as how she's been incapable of it.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

17. - Top - End - #407
    Orc in the Playground

Soon as Nao is out, Soushi dismisses the Bakudou.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, gents."

He promptly walks out.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yoshi matches the Vice-Captain's pace.

"That was a rather worrisome exchange, don't you think? Perhaps he's not actually a traitor, but his judgment seemed...lessened. I hope I'm not growing too paranoid, though."

He sighs and continues to walk, using his staff as a "walking stick" to match his step rhythm.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drammor View Post
    [5th Division Gardens, Day 18]

Smiling contentedly, Hikaru Shin stood by a wooden shelf set up along one wall of the 5th division barracks' gardens. A series of three wide and shallow pots sat on the shelf, each with a different miniature tree growing in its soil. One was a cherry, the second was a pine, and the last was a foreign willow, the branches of which twisted around like tiny corkscrews.

Shin held a pair of hardened wooden pruning shears in his right hand. Carefully, he snipped off budding branches from two of his trees, tsking at the trees that would not simply heed the direction he gave them. Of course, Shin's bonsai wanted to grow boundlessly, as any creature of the wild do if given the chance. The art of bonsai tempered that boundless spirit with reason, and thus transformed each tree into a living work of art.

In the end, the trees were happier for the discipline that Shin could provide for them, though they would always rail against. Yet more balance in nature, was this. Two opposites existing within a single body, in harmony.

The sound of moving grass alerted him that Shin that he was no longer alone in the garden. The sound of his friend's gait told him who was coming, even before he could turn around.

Shin set the pruning shears down on the shelf, and turned to face the approaching man. "Good afternoon, Hayashi-sama," said Shin as he bowed. Genially, he asked, "To what do I owe the pleasure of your company, today?"
    Goro bows as deeply as his station permits, and does his best to crack a smile. As always, it's somewhat unsettling on him: the fifty years before he began practicing the motion again have taken their toll on the natural lines of his face. Even now, Goro only makes the attempt for half a dozen people in the Seireitei.

"Good afternoon, Hikaru-san. It's good to see that your trees are thriving. I was hoping that when you were done with your duties, we could play a game of checkers, perhaps have a few drinks. Would this be acceptable to you?"
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

9th Division

It's not long before word reaches Shou of his Vice-Captain's reappearance. He knew he should probably finish the report he'd been compiling about some of the strange properties of the ruined mountain, but he was curious about what might be going on. Besides, he was due a break anyway.

Thus, he padded quietly down the hallway to poke his head around the corner, hoping to see what was going on.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

21. - Top - End - #411
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    "One person can do a lot of damage to what we've built, Daisuke-kun. I'm not going to let that happen. I'm going to be here long enough to help with the worst of yesterday's aftermath. In two days, though, I'm leaving, probably only for a week or two." Was that... regret in Magatsu's eyes? "I'm only acting captain now. When I return with Bankai, Third is going to be mine and we can lead it to what it's always been meant to be."

"I knew that were going somewhere." Daisuke says, giving Magatsu a smile that was probably intended as reassuring, but just came out rather sad. "You don't usually come in here while I'm working unless you're asking for a favor."

"I know that you'll come back, and I know that you'll only do it when you've done what you said. You'll get Bankai, and you'll become the next captain. I really do have faith that you'll do what you say. I just ask that you come back quickly, Magatsu-sama. Running the division was hard enough with Sakura-taichou doing most of the work, and even you did your part. You're asking me to take control of the entire division while you're gone. I can do it. It won't be easy, but I can do it. Just not for long. So please, Magatsu-sama; come back quickly." Daisuke's eyes pleaded with Magatsu. If anyone could make Magatsu do something, it was Daisuke.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Yoshi matches the Vice-Captain's pace.

"That was a rather worrisome exchange, don't you think? Perhaps he's not actually a traitor, but his judgment seemed...lessened. I hope I'm not growing too paranoid, though."

He sighs and continues to walk, using his staff as a "walking stick" to match his step rhythm.
    "From my experience, personal ties to a subject of any magnitude tend to cloud one's judgement. Considerably.

It's why the greatest extent to which I allow myself to connect to others is respect.

I don't want to think of him as a traitor either. But there's something that's just not right between those two."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ryouichi reads the note, a somewhat disappointing look growing on his face. "I... see." Eiji may notice, on close proximity with the commander, the smell of disinfectant and antibiotics used by the 12th.

"Did Yamamoto-fukutaichou indicate how long she will be off?" Idly, he crumples the note in his hand, and casts an incantationless Haien, which proved just strong enough to incinerate the paper.
    Day 18 (whatever day Ryouichi returns to 1st Division)
    Eiji Ito, 4th Seat of the 1st Division:
    (1st Division barracks, with the returning Captain General)

Eiji was very curious about what the note said other than the Vice Captain's absence. It couldnt have just been that. Still, it wasnt his place to knoe that business.

He nodded and bowed to the Captain General formally. "yes sir...i will get back to my duties..."

The Captain General always talked of 'not being so formal', but everything he learned in the Academy and from the Vice Captain and 3rd Seat seemed to be otherwise. Still, Eiji appreciated his Superior's candor.

then he turned to leave Ryouichi's office, he left through the door and slid it closed. then stopped for amoment outside, looking down to the small cushion next to the door.

Eiji then sighed slightly, remembering with the Vice Captain away and the 3rd seat on medical leave. it was still HIS duty to be at the Captain General's door for his needs. Well, at least until the 5th Seat's shift started...but that was 8 hours from now, a LONG 8 hours from now.

Eiji plopped himself down on the uncomfortable little cushion and got out his little sketchpad and started to sketch from his memories.

"That cute little new graduate had such a pretty face...." Eiji thought to himself as he drew her likeness in front of a cherry blossom tree.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Konpaku Aya, Day 18, Room

Face blushing red as a tomato while quivering from a mixture of excitement and maidenly embarrassment, Aya pounces on her bed and buries her face into her pillow.

A kiss...oh my goodness a kiss! A-and and....its...oh my goodness! squeals Aya into her pillow for fear of letting anyone know that the 4th Seat is squealing because of a date. Sitting up after mumbling incoherent sentences at her pillow for a minute or two, Aya hugs her pillow tightly while keeping her face buried on the side of the pillow now.

Her mind revisits the memories of those last few hours, she had initiated the movie and lunch, but she had not expected things to turn out this way! "Well...its not like I'm was going to initiate or take the initiative or something..." Aya pouts as she talks to herself, but like it or not, the blush that returns again renders that statement a bold-faced lie.

"Now now, look at our little girl. All grown up!" comes the sarcastic tone from Kokumujou.

"She has grown up indeed, but not the way you think it to be Kokumujou." Hakumujou interjects with a chuckle.

"I guess she can take a day off from training to savor in that aftertaste." Kokumujou grunts in a lewd way.

"You know that living life and growing up is training on its own. Aya is too focused on us and her training to realize how much she has missed out." Hakumujou shakes his head as he corrects his compatriot.

Laying back down on her bed, still hugging her pillow and contemplating chewing on it. Aya dials down the her zanpakutos' voices in her head and resumes daydreaming with a wide smile on her face.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-25 at 10:07 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

25. - Top - End - #415
    Orc in the Playground

[The next morning, day 19]

One apparently very chipper Shishiou wandered into his squad's room. He seemed almost... eager for paperwork. He wasn't a gloomy fellow, but this was positively uncharacteristic of him.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    9th Division

It's not long before word reaches Shou of his Vice-Captain's reappearance. He knew he should probably finish the report he'd been compiling about some of the strange properties of the ruined mountain, but he was curious about what might be going on. Besides, he was due a break anyway.

Thus, he padded quietly down the hallway to poke his head around the corner, hoping to see what was going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Kaki
    Spoiler
    Show

[9th Division Headquarters]

Falling...

Falling...

She was sliding backwards a little, and then her head touched something.
    what...? The small dreams she had were disappearing. But her eyes were still tired. What was she doing again?
    She opened her eyes slowly at first, and realized she was lying on her back, looking up at Vice Captain Hirokatsu Goto. He was standing and looking down at her with a slight smile on his face.

what?
    There was a familiar, if loud voice from the Vice Captain as he announced his presence.
    She was certainly awake now.

"V-Vice Captain Goto!" She said, to awkwardly sit up and remove her body from his feet.
    She had been leaning against the door, when he had slid it open. Somehow, she had fallen back to lie in an embarrassing position like this.

"Fourth Seat, Okaji Kaki, reporting!" She tried to recover a professional stance by touching her head to the floor, but for anyone who watched, it was more like she just rolled over.
    "Since the 8th day, we have been worried for the absence of Vice Captain Goto, so it is good fortune to have a greeting with you after this time! Welcome back sir!" She continued to announce. Even if it was a short absence.

The other officers who had gathered here- with reports, or out of concern, or of delivering food- they also beginning to wake up.

She wanted to say more, but of course, the Vice Captain was standing there. Perhaps he would speak to the group and to her. She could feel his eyes and spiritual pressure coming down on her, so she kept her head touching the floor in this bow.

Day 11

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice Captain (Acting Captain) of the 9th Division:
    (in the doorway of his office in the 9th Division)

After clearing his throat he waited for the other members to all wake up one by one and straighten up in all of their own ways. As they did so Hirokatsu saw a few other members show up from other places, and fall in line as well. Even the unmistakable 10th Seat, Shou came from around the corner to fall in line as well as the 19th Seat, Naruhi, and his 3rd Seat, Kenichi, whom strolled in from somewhere not too distant.

Listening to his 4th Seat Kaki's words he nodded as he looked out to the assembling group. As they formed up, some carried their own tired looks on them, some a sense of worry for their Vice Captain, others still a sense of curiousness. Hirokatsu understood this. It was no secret that he had shut himself in, as was it no secret that Osamu's death had hit their Vice Captain very hard.

Hirokatsu tried to take this all into account in his first look out onto them. He showed no weakness in his stance, or his demeanor. He had taken his time to mourn, and he was not ashamed to have done so. He looked out onto the small group formed up and nodded to them all in greeting.

Hirokatsu then looked down once again to the bowing 4th Seat, Kaki. Bunching up his robes, he knelt and placed his hand on Kaki's shoulder, patting it slightly and squeezing it once. Just softly enough for her to hear he said to her. "You can get up and join the others Kaki-san...and I appreciate you guarding the door for me"

He then rose back up and straightened his robes again. Nodding to them all as he stepped out from the doorway, with both hands he carried his characteristic umbrella horizontally behind his back as he moved in front of them and around them. Stopping on each small grouping to look at the Shinigami assembled individually.

It was hard to catch Hirokatsu's eyes (much like his smiles), as they were hid behind his long and broad eyebrows and mustache. however, Hirokatsu made a point to widen his eyes more so they could see his appreciation for them.

His voice was sure and his tone was caring.
    "Good morning 9th Division...I am glad to see you all awake and well."

Hirokatsu then peeked out slightly from under the awning over the porch to the blue sky, and then brought his umbrella up to his right shoulder and stepped out and down to the grass below. Before he hit the ground (only a 1 or 2 foot drop), his umbrella was already open and on his shoulder. He turned around to face them, his umbrella tilted back on his shoulder to shade but not entirely darken his face as he look to them. his black haori over his robes moved in the timid wind. He hadn't planned on giving a speech now, but it felt the time was right.

"I appreciate your understanding my necessity to take the last few days...but please consider my standing orders for that time to be over and done. I have no more plans to be away from you."

Hirokatsu looked up to the assembled 9th Division members and then turned to look at the rest of the 9th Division complex before returning his gaze to them. He then spoke again.

"While, indeed the last three days were indeed for myself, i did not however forget about all of you...nor the future of the 9th Division....." pausing slightly... "...we can no longer act as if we are not a complete Division without Captain Kiku...she was an honorable and good Captain...but she has moved on and to different duties... though I do not carry the title of Captain, I will serve you all and the Gotei as such... " pausing once again before continuing. "...and as such, and in lieu of recent unfortunate events, i have decided to begin a reorganization and restructuring of the 9th Division, the first step of this will be a slight change in some of your current duties..."

Pausing before looking back to them, his stance solid and his voice not loud, but loud enough to feel his certainty. then stepping forward to look at his 3rd Seat Kenichi.

"...beginning tomorrow...3rd Seat Kenichi, you will take a group of twenty-five 9th Division members, (including 19th Seat Naruhi), and you will set off to the Rukongai Districts to do a thorough and continuing sweep of them from 1-80 in each, not only to check on the current work of our current Recon Squads in the districts, but also to up our presence in the Rukongai in light of the recent invasion by the Arrancar...also....as will all of you....in any future assignments, heighten your awareness for ex-Kido Corps members whom have defected...they are to brought to justice for their deeds....as always our job is to be the eyes and ears of the Gotei...not the fists...take good notes, be aware and ever present to your surroundings...the Seretei and Gotei can not afford to be caught off guard again...the Rukongai is our first line of defense, and WE are and SHOULD be the first to know what may be breaching that line"

"Next, the rest of us will heighten our duties within the Seretei itself, as it seems we have had some kind of breach of the Seretei itself, no longer will we only use our abilities outside these walls. We of course will still be continuing our missions to Earth as well, however i will be assigning those individually, so as to shore up our manpower in the Rukongai and Seretei...5th Seat (so-and-so)..will head these new internal needs..."

"Also, I plan to re-associate ourselves more closely with the 12th Division, technology is not our enemy...and we should do all we can to utilize it..."

"It is our greatest challenge to be everywhere at once, and though our division is small, we should be proud that our eyes and ears are so gifted..."

"Official orders will be sent out within the day to all those whose duties have changed..." pausing before looking to them again angling back his umbrella so his face was illuminated.

"The 9th Division will be steadfast in our protection of the Seretei and Soul Society...I am proud to be leading each and every one of you...your diligent and hard work...and compassion...warms an old man's heart very much..."

Then Vice Captain Hirokatsu Goto, bowed very low to them all, his umbrella open and held to his side not shading him as he do so. He stayed low for quite along period of time before rising back up and placing his umbrella gently on his shoulder again.

The group would know this was the time to disperse, and they would all bow in their own ways to the Vice Captain, some began picking up the front porch around his office before moving on and to their duties.

As they mulled around, before setting off, Hirokatsu looked to find 10th Seat, Shou, as well as 4th seat Kaki. After making eye contact with each and pointing to each slightly with his left hand, he moved forward towards them and spoke up.

"10th Seat Shou, 4th Seat Kaki...would you join me please?..."

Hirokatsu then turned and moved out to the center of the well kept green grass covered courtyard. He looked to the cherry blossom tree in the corner towards the entrance to the 9th Division area, as he awaited the 4th and 10th Seat.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [The next morning, day 19]

One apparently very chipper Shishiou wandered into his squad's room. He seemed almost... eager for paperwork. He wasn't a gloomy fellow, but this was positively uncharacteristic of him.
    Hotaru notices him on the way, while heading to her own squad room.

...she gleefully notices the difference. "Aw... our little Shishiou's all grown up now!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #418
    Orc in the Playground

Shishiou promptly trips and faceplants on an invisible banana peel. His face is positively CRIMSON with embarassment.

"Ex...excuse me?!"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can tell the signs. You're happier than you usually are, and that sort of happiness in particular..."

She grins. "So, who's the lucky girl?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #420
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "I can tell the signs. You're happier than you usually are, and that sort of happiness in particular..."

She grins. "So, who's the lucky girl?"
    "We've only had one date, Hotaru-san." He begrudgingly admits, rubbing his forehead. "...and I'm not telling! I'm a gentleman!"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show