New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

"Oooooh... so there is someone!"

Hotaru's grin widens, if it's even possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #422
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "Oooooh... so there is someone!"

Hotaru's grin widens, if it's even possible.
    Okay, this has gone on long enough. It's time to JAB BACK!

"Disappointed she isn't you?"

Oooo. Burn.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Hotaru smiles. However, it's very bittersweet.

"No, not really. It's up to you, but I don't get that close to someone."

She turns, and starts to head off.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Orc in the Playground

Hotaru smiles. However, it's very bittersweet.

"No, not really. It's up to you, but I don't get that close to someone."

She turns, and starts to head off.
    Wrong buttons to press. Shishiou knows by now.

In a quick bout of shunpo, he's hugging Hotaru.

"You dropped this. Seems like you needed it."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Hotaru chuckles. "Your new girlfriend will get jealous, you know."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

Hotaru chuckles. "Your new girlfriend will get jealous, you know."
    "She likes me for being supportive.

Besides, it was a low blow of me."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Hotaru grins. "Nah, I don't mind. I don't need a 'significant other' to live, do I?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Orc in the Playground

"Don't be that way. Everyone's entitled to happiness.

Even me, I found out recently."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

"And what makes you think I'm unhappy?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Orc in the Playground

"Nobody lives well enough alone.

And you've been my superior officer how long? If I hadn't gotten to you, you'd keep on pushing my buttons.

You didn't. So that's how I knew you were unhappy."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

"Even if you were right, do you have a plan?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

"Best laid plans never survive contact, remember?

This new leaf I'm turning, it had me by surprise as well. I just did what felt right at the time. It's all the planning I needed.

If you try, you just might find what you need out there... but you can't give up. Okay?"

Shishiou 'looks' up at Hotaru with those half-closed eyes of his.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Hotaru chuckles. "Your concern is noted, Shishiou, but I'm fine."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Orc in the Playground

"I'll take you word for it after I see you pushing my buttons again. Anyhow... I got reports to get to." Shishiou offers, and breaks the hug.

With that kind of concern, of trying to make sure other people were happy... his place was definitely not in a battlefield.

Why WAS he in 13th?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

"Me too. See you around, Shishiou-kun. Introduce me to your girlfriend sometime, ne?"

With that parting shot, Hotaru shunpos off to her office.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "From my experience, personal ties to a subject of any magnitude tend to cloud one's judgement. Considerably.

It's why the greatest extent to which I allow myself to connect to others is respect.

I don't want to think of him as a traitor either. But there's something that's just not right between those two."
    "Maybe they used to share a bed. Who knows until he answers questions."

Yoshi glances around, then lowers his voice.

"Never much like the Ninjas myself. I mean, some of them are solid folk. But it seems like they feel they can get away with anything, just on the technicality that they "aren't part of the Gotei" or some such. I mean, really? Then they spend all their time spying on us. Except it didn't seem to work too well this time around."

He frowned thoughtfully at Soushi's comments about personal ties.

"I can see where you're coming from when speaking of personal relationships, but I have to respectfully disagree. They can sometimes prove a weakness, but tempered with wisdom, friendships can be your greatest strength. At least, that's what I've found."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

17. - Top - End - #437
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yama household

Akio stands in place for a moment, the smell of alcohol on his breath and sweat dripping from his body. The top of his Shinigami uniform laying on the floor under a large bottle of the aforementioned booze. A heavy bag swings on the bolted down stand in front of him, a clear sign of his workout. His hands are wrapped, but not in gloves and it would seem he wasn't actually hitting the bag, letting his hands stop millimeters from the heavy padding and allowing the force of the air to move it ever so slightly.
    True power isn't your strength, Akio. It's the refinement of your swings, the control you show. The capacity to stop when you have to.

I've been doing this for days, I know the message. Control and care show true power. When will it be time again?

Not until you can answer. Only then will you be ready.

On the wall are scrawled "She's right." in Akio's own handwriting. Soon he goes back to his rapid strikes to the bag. Every time he accidentally makes contact he takes another large mouthful of the liquid at his feet.

Streets of Gotei
    I'll have my answer soon, Traitor. You can't hide yourself from me forever. I wont let you.

Soushi and Yoshi will find Nao standing with his back against a wall on their way back. It would seem he had been standing there for some time, having rushed away from the prison. His Zanpakuto is laying at his feet as well as Suzume's.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Streets of Gotei
    I'll have my answer soon, Traitor. You can't hide yourself from me forever. I wont let you.

Soushi and Yoshi will find Nao standing with his back against a wall on their way back. It would seem he had been standing there for some time, having rushed away from the prison. His Zanpakuto is laying at his feet as well as Suzume's.
    Yoshi stops almost immediately when he sees Nao. He spends several moments considering the situation.

"Is there something we can aid you with, Officer Nao? Or are you simply resting for a moment?"

His fingers tighten just a hair's breadth around his staff. He also starts calling up alternate routes; he'd rather take an extra 5 minutes to get somewhere than show his back to Nao at this time.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "Maybe they used to share a bed. Who knows until he answers questions."

Yoshi glances around, then lowers his voice.

"Never much like the Ninjas myself. I mean, some of them are solid folk. But it seems like they feel they can get away with anything, just on the technicality that they "aren't part of the Gotei" or some such. I mean, really? Then they spend all their time spying on us. Except it didn't seem to work too well this time around."

He frowned thoughtfully at Soushi's comments about personal ties.

"I can see where you're coming from when speaking of personal relationships, but I have to respectfully disagree. They can sometimes prove a weakness, but tempered with wisdom, friendships can be your greatest strength. At least, that's what I've found."
    "I'm a man of strategy, Yoshi-kun. Due respect to my Captain, I am honored to work with him - but friendship has the unfortunate side-effect that it can be used against you.

Maybe it's just that my faith in such bonds was shaken by the latest events... Takeshi's desertion was a great blow to the morale of all of us, not only the Corps.

As for the onmitsu, I'd say their behavior and methods are as much an asset as it is a grating on your nerves. Sure, we know they're watching, the little voyeurs. At the same time, we feel a little bit of protection, subconsciously, knowing that their lot will weed out the traitors in us. Or at least they should..."

Yoshi stops almost immediately when he sees Nao. He spends several moments considering the situation.

"Is there something we can aid you with, Officer Nao? Or are you simply resting for a moment?"

His fingers tighten just a hair's breadth around his staff. He also starts calling up alternate routes; he'd rather take an extra 5 minutes to get somewhere than show his back to Nao at this time.
    "It should be obvious. He's waiting for us to go out so he can go back in.

And nobody would do something stupid after that little fiasco unless he were desperate for an answer. In other words...

...just WHAT has your underoos in a twist so, that you HAVE to ask her now, no matter what?"
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-25 at 10:26 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #440

"Yes, Soushi. We should. And yet there's still one at large. He seems to be covering his tracks quite nicely, which is why I was going to question the Prisoner. As a former close ally of hers, and the head of the group who's supposed to catch the traitors, I felt it would be a good idea to ask her personally." He still doesn't move, only his lips belying his consciousness. "What am I doing here? I'm trying to listen, Yoshi. Constant vigilance and all that."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

"A traitor still at large? What gives you that impression specifically? I was there, Nao. I saw it all go down. The only traitor I could make out of the whole mess is dead.

No offense, but what makes you think she'll tell you the truth of all people? I can't think of a really good reason for this."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"If anything, she seems like the type to lie to you even more. Crazy ******* like that? They'll twist knives when they can.

As for traitors on the loose, unless you mean those Kido Corps whackjobs, who are you talking about? Do you have any actual evidence at all for yet another member of Public Enemy Number One's merry little band? Besides, you really ought to work with 10th, both in there and "on the field". It's not like you have opposing goals. I really don't get some of these territorial pissing contests you other Divisions get into.

And what the heck are you listening to? Crickets? The sound of stone sitting still?
    "

23. - Top - End - #443

"A traitor still at large? What gives you that impression specifically? I was there, Nao. I saw it all go down. The only traitor I could make out of the whole mess is dead.

No offense, but what makes you think she'll tell you the truth of all people? I can't think of a really good reason for this."
    "Someone helped them get in. They couldn't have opened the Senkaimon without help. As for why she'd tell me? Old habits die hard, Vice-Captain. You should understand that with your years. Why else would there have been murmurs of Takeshi helping them get in?" Nao stands up straight now to face Soushi. His arms are crossed and the two blades still sit at his feet.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Considering some of the things she did, either her old habits aren't the sort we'd endorse, or she's changed more than you think. Consider the evidence against her being the same person at all, Officer.

At any rate, what's to say they didn't sneak somebody in via a Garganta at an earlier time? Or that Kujo didn't use that sword of his to do something to cross over? All it takes is one infiltrator...
    "

He shrugs.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaki
    [9th Division Headquarters]

Kaki stayed with her head touched to the ground until Vice Captain Goto told her to stand. She hesitated when Vice Captain Goto thanked her for guarding the door- was he joking or serious? She could never tell. But she continued to follow, to take her place with the other officers.

After the speech, she was prepared to resume her duties. How long had she waited for Vice Captain Goto? Three days maybe. Surely there was a lot of work to do to catch up. To reorganize the division was a good thing, but there was a lot of work to do to prepare for this, and to analyze all of the information and reports.

But the Vice Captain called her name.
    "Yes of course sir." She responded earnestly. When Vice Captain Goto turned to walk, Kaki quickly looked over at Shou. She gave him a silent nod and had a questioning look. Did he know what this was about?

Kaki followed Vice Captain Goto to the courtyard, waiting to hear his words.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

26. - Top - End - #446
    Orc in the Playground

"Considering some of the things she did, either her old habits aren't the sort we'd endorse, or she's changed more than you think. Consider the evidence against her being the same person at all, Officer.

At any rate, what's to say they didn't sneak somebody in via a Garganta at an earlier time? Or that Kujo didn't use that sword of his to do something to cross over? All it takes is one infiltrator...
    "

He shrugs.
    "The traitor in question was killed by Kujo. I take it you didn't read my report - then again, it might simply not have reached your hands. The name of the shadow you're chasing right now was Atsugo Shindai; he was a 4th divisioner.

I trust you both to be able to keep secrecy regarding his identity. Shindai-san's family was notified of his passing, but not the circunstances. They don't need more pain."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447

"

He shrugs.
    "Someone would have noticed anything else. A garganta would have set off every sensor in the Gotei. No, they used a Senkaimon. One that was supposed to be in use. Probably one from thirteenth, if you ask me." Nao shrugs noncommittally before leaning back against the wall. "As for her habits, the girl was a productive member of Soul Society for the better part of a century. Something pushed her to defect, and something can bring her back."

"The traitor in question was killed by Kujo. I take it you didn't read my report - then again, it might simply not have reached your hands. The name of the shadow you're chasing right now was Atsugo Shindai; he was a 4th divisioner.

I trust you both to be able to keep secrecy regarding his identity. Shindai-san's family was notified of his passing, but not the circunstances. They don't need more pain."
    "And why, Vice-Captain, would he do that? To hide something. It's not to hide himself, or his people. It's to cover up the real traitor. Kujo knew that he would make a scene, and so he wouldn't need the subterfuge of killing a defector."

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

"Someone would have noticed anything else. A garganta would have set off every sensor in the Gotei. No, they used a Senkaimon. One that was supposed to be in use. Probably one from thirteenth, if you ask me." Nao shrugs noncommittally before leaning back against the wall. "As for her habits, the girl was a productive member of Soul Society for the better part of a century. Something pushed her to defect, and something can bring her back."

"And why, Vice-Captain, would he do that? To hide something. It's not to hide himself, or his people. It's to cover up the real traitor. Kujo knew that he would make a scene, and so he wouldn't need the subterfuge of killing a defector."
    "The answer is much simpler than that, actually. Kujo killed Shindai-san because he no longer had any use. I do not know why exactly Atsugo Shindai helped Kujo invade. But the evidence suggests Kujo was infuriated because he didn't know the location of Maggot's Nest. There is even evidence regarding Shindai's research into the subject, written of his own hand. It's what led to Officer Karashi's kidnapping and torture in the first place - Kujo was forced to improvise.

And for your information, the Primera entered through a Garganta and all our anti-invasion devices were powerless to stop her. Kujo could have done the same, but he chose to use a Senkaimon and a distraction instead, which proved more effective in the end.

There is no evidence that suggests a second accomplice, Nao-kun. And I should know. I looked. I did, in fact, figure out Atsugo Shindai's suspicious behavior BEFORE he was even activated. I just wasn't good enough to figure out who he was working with. I hate myself enough for that without you implying I overlooked something.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for a date."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"She was sowing random destruction all over the place, in league with unrepentant murderers. She'll never be "productive" again, and you need to accept that fact, Officer. I wouldn't be shocked if she's executed fairly soon. Good riddance to one crazy *****. She's too far gone to just "bring back"."

"That seems needlessly complicated, especially since there's absolutely no proof. Or do you not trust any proof you didn't gather with your own two hands? Seems like that would tire you out very quickly.

As for spreading chaos....Kujo wasn't acting alone. Step back and consider the overall level of chaos. He wasn't sane or rational. Maybe he accomplished exactly what he wanted. Losing sleep over it is pointless; I refuse to live my life in the shadow of fear of potential crazy people.
    "

Yoshi heard the Vice-Captain's final sentence, but it took a moment to process. When it did, he turned towards the man, clear shock on his face.

"Wait. A date?"

30. - Top - End - #450
    Orc in the Playground

"Why so surprised, Yoshi-kun? Do I strike you as an eternal bachelor?

If you're worried about my workload, I've got it covered."
    Soushi grins.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show