New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

9th Division
    Shou listened intently, his whiskers twitching occasionally and his tail flicking back and forth in interest.

"Of course, Goto-fukutaichou. I won't let the Division down." He frowned in thought, already considering who to bring with him...

The next day, he arrived at Hirokatsu's office with Takenaka Minoru and Makoto, 20th seat brothers well-regarded in the Division for their stealth skills.

Day 12 (morning 7-730am)

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice Captain (Acting Captain) of the 9th Division:
    (in the Acting Captain's office)

A messenger was just leaving Hirokatsu's office when the Acting Captain saw Shou arrive with his two chosen members for his mission through the open door.

After sending a last minute update to the time of their meeting in the morning (7am), only an hour earlier, the 10th Seat Shou arrived with the other two members of his small squad, on time and ready to go. The change in time of the meeting had not effected them one bit and they arrived unflustered, this was good.

Hirokatsu waived to them as he was standing at the door.

"Come in 9th Seat, and bring the brothers Takenaka with you...and please close the door behind you"

Hirokatsu moved to his low desk and sat himself on his very worn pillow behind it. Waiting for the small squad to enter and seat themselves at the pillows in front of the desk.

"Please sit" he motioned to them all.

Hirokatsu sat with his umbrella restign across his lap, on the wall behind him was a large white and black mosaic of the 9th Division Insignia filling almost the entire wall. Stacks of paper and folders along with all types of reiphones were littered all over his desk, a small wooden perch sit on the corner of his desk where at least a dozen black hell butterflies flipped their wings as they wait to be heard. One one side of the room large bookshelves were crammed full of books, a large leather chair sit lonely in a corner. On theo ther side of the office was a small window and under it a small table with a carefully arranged teaset on it, along with a beautiful flower arrangement. on the walls were a few smaller calligraphy works flanking one large and very tall one which was the symbol of the Goto family done in a very elaborate style using a large brush.

As the three members sat, Hiroaktsu looked to each of them quickly. His barely open and even harder to see through his long eyebrows. He sat in silence for a moment, just reachign out and feeling their unique spiritual pressure's. Hirokatsu was impressed that Shou would pick the two 20th Seats, it was very true that they were two of the most talented "stealth" members in the 9th Division, but their strongest traits were how well they worked together and understood each other. They rarely had to speak at times to udnerstadn one another. And whiel their leadership qualities lacked very much, which was a main reason for their low rank, their ability to work quietly, efficently, and effectively, esepcially as a twosome, made them a very strong picks for this assignment. Hirokatsu only hoped Shou was picking them for more than just their stealth., their familial connection was a true asset to be embraced.

Hiroaktsu then settled his eyes on Shou for a moment, before his eyes closed and he began to speak in a quiet yet clear voice.

"9th Seat, I will assume you have bruoght the 20th Seats here up to speed on the mission?" nodding slightly tapping his closed umbrella lightly on his lap as he spoke.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kaki
    [9th Division Headquarters]

Kaki hides her yawn and takes a deep breath and stops outside the door of Hirokatsu Goto's office.
    "Okaji Kaki, 9th Division temporary vice captain and fourth seat, reporting."
    She announced the long title at the door.

In her arms there are a large numbers of papers that look heavy to carry and make balance. She was awake until very early to write and finish these reports and to move to the new office. Actually she sleeped on her new desk. But now, she came to give the paper to her new captain.

Vice Captain Goto was always a strict but confident leader. Kaki had not been here for as long as most members, but she had heard many stories of him. So, she always tried to have a good atmosphere of seriousness. Being one of youngest members and to be 4th seat, it was a shock for her to be told to become assistant to the captain. But it was a big honor, and Kaki wanted to do her best.

So she was here early. Maybe thirty minutes is too early. But this morning she also had prepared coffee for everyone (the last three days there was much need for coffee, and Kaki had preformed such a role

Day 12 (730am)

Hirokatsu had changed the time for 10th Seat Shou and his squad's meeting with him in part to alleviate the possibility of overlap in the two important meetings he had planned in the morning, both had no need to be rushed at the expense of the other. 4th Seat and acting Vice Captain Kaki's meeting was set for 8am, and 10th Seat's meeting at 830, but as Hirokatsu wanted Shou and his squad to start their mission ASAP, he changed it at the last minute to 7am.

Announcing herself professionally and politely, Kaki arrived early, just towards the end the 10th Seat's meeting, thwarting Hirokatsu's well meant plans. Nevertheless, it worked out well enough, though Hirokatsu did feel somewhat guilty not letting Kaki sleep in a bit more, as he had caught her sleeping on her desk finishing work the night earlier in the wee hours of the morning. Still, she was a hard worker, and one of the reasons he felt confident with her field promotion was due to her dililgence and going above and beyond the call of duty for her job, especially her paperwork.

He was also happy to see she had brought coffee for the Division. It was one of the secret little joys of many members fo the division, Kaki's coffee, and Hirokatsu was always happy to give that small amount of joy to his members whenever he could. Kaki's thoughtfulness was not lost on him, and Hirokatsu appreciated her thinking of the Division even at her own time and sleep's expense.

Finishing their mission meeting, Shou and the two Takenaka brothers left his office, as they did so Hirokatsu mentioned and motioned for them to get a thermos of Kaki's coffee before they left, as they may not get another chance to have it for some time.

As Hirokatsu watched them go, he saw his 4th Seat and new adjutant standing in the doorway with her arms full of paperwork.

Hirokatsu smiled very briefly to her and opened his eyes slightly to her. Tapping his umbrella on his right shoulder he looked at her and said very calmly. "You are early Acting Vice-Captain..." It was unclear whether Hirokatsu was happy or upset based on his tone, was he proud of her for comign early or was he annoyed?

After a long awkward moment, Hirokatsu then reached out with his free hand taking all the paperwork into his arms as he turned and moved back into the office. He motioned with a slight nod for her to follow him in. "Come in...come in...please shut the door behind you"

He laid the large pile of paperwork on the left corner of the desk, on top of another pile of paperwork, which itself was occluding an obviously overwhelmed and overflowing "inbox".

After setting the paperwork down, he moved to the back of his desk but did not sit down on his pillow. Instead he sat his umbrella on the desk and then reached down and under the desk and pulled out a sitting pillow, it was obviously new, light green in color and embroidered around the edges in a floral pattern. Standing, waiting behind his desk, Hirokatsu held the pillow loosely in his right hand to his side, waiting for his 4th seat approach the desk. He looked onto Kaki as she approached, his eyes barely open behind his bushy long eyebrows, the faint smell of cooling tea emanated in the room as the morning glow of the sun illuminated the room softly through the small window.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Day 12 (morning 7-730am)

A messenger was just leaving Hirokatsu's office when the Acting Captain saw Shou arrive with his two chosen members for his mission through the open door.

After sending a last minute update to the time of their meeting in the morning (7am), only an hour earlier, the 10th Seat Shou arrived with the other two members of his small squad, on time and ready to go. The change in time of the meeting had not effected them one bit and they arrived unflustered, this was good.

Hirokatsu waived to them as he was standing at the door.

"Come in 9th Seat, and bring the brothers Takenaka with you...and please close the door behind you"

Hirokatsu moved to his low desk and sat himself on his very worn pillow behind it. Waiting for the small squad to enter and seat themselves at the pillows in front of the desk.

"Please sit" he motioned to them all.

Hirokatsu sat with his umbrella restign across his lap, on the wall behind him was a large white and black mosaic of the 9th Division Insignia filling almost the entire wall. Stacks of paper and folders along with all types of reiphones were littered all over his desk, a small wooden perch sit on the corner of his desk where at least a dozen black hell butterflies flipped their wings as they wait to be heard. One one side of the room large bookshelves were crammed full of books, a large leather chair sit lonely in a corner. On theo ther side of the office was a small window and under it a small table with a carefully arranged teaset on it, along with a beautiful flower arrangement. on the walls were a few smaller calligraphy works flanking one large and very tall one which was the symbol of the Goto family done in a very elaborate style using a large brush.

As the three members sat, Hiroaktsu looked to each of them quickly. His barely open and even harder to see through his long eyebrows. He sat in silence for a moment, just reachign out and feeling their unique spiritual pressure's. Hirokatsu was impressed that Shou would pick the two 20th Seats, it was very true that they were two of the most talented "stealth" members in the 9th Division, but their strongest traits were how well they worked together and understood each other. They rarely had to speak at times to udnerstadn one another. And whiel their leadership qualities lacked very much, which was a main reason for their low rank, their ability to work quietly, efficently, and effectively, esepcially as a twosome, made them a very strong picks for this assignment. Hirokatsu only hoped Shou was picking them for more than just their stealth., their familial connection was a true asset to be embraced.

Hiroaktsu then settled his eyes on Shou for a moment, before his eyes closed and he began to speak in a quiet yet clear voice.

"9th Seat, I will assume you have bruoght the 20th Seats here up to speed on the mission?" nodding slightly tapping his closed umbrella lightly on his lap as he spoke.
    "I have, Goto-fukutaichou, along with the need for secrecy. We've discussed some of the logistics already and feel our skills would be best utilized under the constraints if we divide each observational area into three sectors and only meet to share information or provide assistance in the unlikely event something untoward happens." Shou's tail bristles slightly; he doesn't like thinking about messing up so badly he or his men actually come under attack on a simple surveillance, but he had to plan nonetheless. "This, combined with actively suppressing our reiatsu, should keep our spiritual signatures low enough not to draw attention from the rather alarming number of spiritually-sensitive beings that have been popping up."

He smiled, brushed his muzzle, and continued. "Actually, three sectors is a misnomer. It's closer to 1/3 my immediate surveillance, 2/3 however the Takenakas wish to best recon. I know they work well together."
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

[Day 20, 1st Divison, early morning]

After only a few hours of sleep, Sayuri asked few of her comrades to come with her to her apartment to pick up her unfinished letter to Ryouich, as well as few other necessities. Once back in the Division, she goes to the washroom to wash away her make up - for the first time in decades, she's too tired to fix it instead. After tying her hair back to a tigh bun, she makes her way back to her office - after sending an underling to fetch her some ingredients for a Kido potion. She'd make sure there'll be no more drugs or sleeping Kido in her system, even if it means literally spitting them all out.

While she waits for the messenger to return, she finishes her request to the Commander-General - it'll wait him in his office mail box when he comes to work. It reads:

Quote Originally Posted by Yamamoto Sayuri
    "To Tsukada Ryouichi-Soutachou:"

"As you might have heard, almost a month ago I got acquianted with the now-eloped Kido Commander Kitano Takeshi. As a result, I've been in closer to him and more aware of his doings than most others in Gotei, I believe. I've also been discussing with the Vice-Commander Yama Yuuta, and lately working with him to begin rebuilding the Corps grounds and recovering the lost archives."

"It's my greatest lament that I failed to foresee and prevent Kitano's actions. As a former Kido Corps member myself, my mind bogles at the face of the manner he's now betrayed our past Sensei's wishes and the organization as a whole."

"It is my humblest request that I be allowed to correct my mistake. In the case Gotei is given orders to act on the incident, I ask for permission to lead any operation taken to bring the errant brat into justice. I also ask to be allowed to negotiate details of co-operation with Kido Corps with Yama Yuuta-san. It is my assessment that his skills in sorcery would be of great value for this mission."

"With respect, Yamamoto Sayuri-fukutaichou"
    Then, she leans back in her chair and begins browsing a book for concoctions and counterspells - bolstered by notes from the remaining Kido Corps records. She still has half an hour before Konpaku Aya and Tsukikage Shishiou are scheduled to arrive.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-06-03 at 06:22 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #545
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Konpaku Aya - Outside Division 1 - 0700

Konpaku Aya waits for Shishiou outside of the division. Fighting the urge to pace about, she waits for him to arrive before they see Vice-Captain Sayuri together.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

6. - Top - End - #546
    Orc in the Playground

When Shishiou arrives, he seems to fight a great urge to greet Aya more warmly. It shows in his expression.

But he wasn't allowed to do that. They were on duty after all.

He awaited for Aya to knock first, if she liked.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #547
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Aya nods at Shishiou's arrival and together they enter Sayuri's office right on time.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ettin in the Playground

Sayuri lifts her weary eyes from her book as Aya and Shishiou enter her office. "Konpaku-san. Tsukikage-san. Please be seated." She beckons towards few chairs near the door, expecting the two lower-ranking officers to pull them closer.

"It is my understanding that you two encountered Kitano Takeshi in the Mortal World... twelve days ago? Is this right?"
    She pulls a copy of their earlier report from one of her folders. "I've heard rumors that you've taken time off from your normal duties to train for a... rematch. Is this true?"

9. - Top - End - #549
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Sayuri lifts her weary eyes from her book as Aya and Shishiou enter her office. "Konpaku-san. Tsukikage-san. Please be seated." She beckons towards few chairs near the door, expecting the two lower-ranking officers to pull them closer.

"It is my understanding that you two encountered Kitano Takeshi in the Mortal World... twelve days ago? Is this right?"
    She pulls a copy of their earlier report from one of her folders. "I've heard rumors that you've taken time off from your normal duties to train for a... rematch. Is this true?"
    Shishiou exchanged a quick glance with Aya before he nodded.

"We have, Yamamoto-fukutaichou. Well, Aya-san more than myself, at any rate. I've been working on a Bakudou that should prove useful in restraining Kitano Takeshi's strength to some degree. Something to give her a better fighting chance." His expression carried a little concern. Perhaps it was Saiyuri's fame, perhaps something else - but he definitely looked as if he fully expected a scolding from her.

Still, it was... a lighter frown than one might expect him to carry. Perhaps it was due to her lack of makeup.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #550
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post

"We have, Yamamoto-fukutaichou. Well, Aya-san more than myself, at any rate. I've been working on a Bakudou that should prove useful in restraining Kitano Takeshi's strength to some degree. Something to give her a better fighting chance." His expression carried a little concern. Perhaps it was Saiyuri's fame, perhaps something else - but he definitely looked as if he fully expected a scolding from her.

Still, it was... a lighter frown than one might expect him to carry. Perhaps it was due to her lack of makeup.
    "Begging your pardon Yamamoto-fukutaichou, the only times where I had taken time off from normal duties would be the times where I had to stay and recuperate at the 4th Division. Once I am up and about, the weekly patrol, morning exercises and other duties carry on as usual." Aya replies smoothly. As she looks at Shishiou explain his Bakudo, Aya nods.

"That new Bakudo can be the key to suppressing Takeshi's power, and unleashing my Bankai on him as a surprise." Aya continues, her face showing determination.

Taking a two second pause, Aya continues with concern on her face. "Is this regarding the report I had submitted to the 1st Division for analysis and dissemination to the other Division captains and vice-captains?"
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-06-05 at 07:54 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

11. - Top - End - #551
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I have, Goto-fukutaichou, along with the need for secrecy. We've discussed some of the logistics already and feel our skills would be best utilized under the constraints if we divide each observational area into three sectors and only meet to share information or provide assistance in the unlikely event something untoward happens." Shou's tail bristles slightly; he doesn't like thinking about messing up so badly he or his men actually come under attack on a simple surveillance, but he had to plan nonetheless. "This, combined with actively suppressing our reiatsu, should keep our spiritual signatures low enough not to draw attention from the rather alarming number of spiritually-sensitive beings that have been popping up."

He smiled, brushed his muzzle, and continued. "Actually, three sectors is a misnomer. It's closer to 1/3 my immediate surveillance, 2/3 however the Takenakas wish to best recon. I know they work well together."

Day 12 (morning 7-730am)

(in the Acting Captain's office, talking with his 10th Seat and 2 20th Seats)

Hirokatsu nods as he listens to Shou describe his intentions. He had hoped for his 10th Seat to take more of a leadership role over the 20th Seats, but the Vice Captain would withhold judgement at least until he heard the first few reports back from the 10th Seat. This was an opportunity for the 10th Seat to show his talents with HIS skills AND those under his command. In the new 9th Division Hirokatsu was molding, he would need dependable leaders. He had hoped Shou was of that ilk.

"I see..." stopping tapping his umbrella on his lap as he talked

"...well, then i will leave you to your assignment 10th Seat...just please remember my orders to the letter...i expect daily reports, secrecy, and completeness...do not overlook any information....remember, it is the 9th Division's job to get the information...not to decide its worth..."

Standing he moved out from behind his desk to greet them seated in front of his desk.

As they stood with him, Hirokatsu would bow slightly to them and extend his hand to the 10th Seat.

"I look forward to your reports Shou-san..."

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

[Day 20 morning, 1st Division]

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Begging your pardon Yamamoto-fukutaichou, the only times where I had taken time off from normal duties would be the times where I had to stay and recuperate at the 4th Division. Once I am up and about, the weekly patrol, morning exercises and other duties carry on as usual." Aya replies smoothly. As she looks at Shishiou explain his Bakudo, Aya nods.

"That new Bakudo can be the key to suppressing Takeshi's power, and unleashing my Bankai on him as a surprise." Aya continues, her face showing determination.

Taking a two second pause, Aya continues with concern on her face. "Is this regarding the report I had submitted to the 1st Division for analysis and dissemination to the other Division captains and vice-captains?"
    Sayuri glares at Shishiou, then at Aya, and then at Shishiou again. "And why are you operating under the assumption that it's you who are going to fight Kitano? Why did you consider it your responsibility to search tools for fighting him?"

There's a pause as Sayuri takes out an empty sheet of paper and begins scribing. "Yes, this is about your report. I'd like to verify and discuss few things in it, to map out where the former Kido Commander might be hiding. I believe we narrow down location of his current base of operations with reasonable accuracy."

---

[13th Division]

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Karite sidesteps the attack, and cuts at one of the unseated.

"Christ, Natsuko was right about you. Are any of you decent with a sword? At all?"
    The struck unseated stumbles back, his two comrades taking his place, flanking Karite as a third fellow lunges at him from the front.

Those who aren't fighting are frowning. They're not really getting why their Lieutenant is scolding them so. They know they're not experts, but that's why they're training! Karite's abrasive attitude hardly seems justified.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Orc in the Playground

Sayuri glares at Shishiou, then at Aya, and then at Shishiou again. "And why are you operating under the assumption that it's you who are going to fight Kitano? Why did you consider it your responsibility to search tools for fighting him?"

There's a pause as Sayuri takes out an empty sheet of paper and begins scribing. "Yes, this is about your report. I'd like to verify and discuss few things in it, to map out where the former Kido Commander might be hiding. I believe we narrow down location of his current base of operations with reasonable accuracy."

---

[13th Division]

The struck unseated stumbles back, his two comrades taking his place, flanking Karite as a third fellow lunges at him from the front.

Those who aren't fighting are frowning. They're not really getting why their Lieutenant is scolding them so. They know they're not experts, but that's why they're training! Karite's abrasive attitude hardly seems justified.
    "Why should we assume otherwise?" Shishiou questioned quite frankly. "We are both at respectable positions in our divisions. We have more prior knowledge. We've had direct contact with the target. We have even personal reasons to do so.

I am not saying it would be an easy enterprise, Yamamoto-fukutaichou, but we both want to see his current activities halted and him in chains or dead, as the situation warrants.

I for one would rather not be argumentative about this. We want to be a part of the strike force responsible for bringing Kitano to justice. I will not withhold information from you, as an officer of the Gotei, but I WILL insist upon this request."

He certainly has a very determined expression on.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #554
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Why should we assume otherwise?" Shishiou questioned quite frankly. "We are both at respectable positions in our divisions. We have more prior knowledge. We've had direct contact with the target. We have even personal reasons to do so.

I am not saying it would be an easy enterprise, Yamamoto-fukutaichou, but we both want to see his current activities halted and him in chains or dead, as the situation warrants.

I for one would rather not be argumentative about this. We want to be a part of the strike force responsible for bringing Kitano to justice. I will not withhold information from you, as an officer of the Gotei, but I WILL insist upon this request."

He certainly has a very determined expression on.
    Konpaku Aya takes a deep breathe in order to calm herself before she replies.

"I am willing to assume that by placing you in charge and not a Captain, means that Central 46 might seem willing to do whatever it takes to apprehend Takeshi, but clearly do not have the manpower to achieve so. You will receive my fullest cooperation regarding the questions you might have for us Adjutant, and I'm very sure as well that two more members in your team when it comes to confrontation with a Captain-level foe would be invaluable."

Aya sits back a little as she tries to relax herself. "As indicated in the report, upon arrival into the Mortal World, both Shishiou and myself were at the rooftop of this Phoenix High School, where I proceeded to trace and sense his reiryoku. Receiving a conscious reiryoku release signal near the industrial district , I found Takeshi moving with shunpo to a nearby gas station. The maps are in the appendix of the document.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Sayuri glances at Aya. "I suggest you don't leap to conclusions, Konpaku-san", she says. "As of now, I'm not the head of this operation. I'm just doing preliminary work, to be handed to someone else if deemed fit. I'm still waiting for our Commander's verdict and orders on the issue."

Her eyes return to the paper. "As such, I can not promise that you will be involved in the operation. You can rest assured that your enthusiasm is duly noted."

As the discussion moves to Takeshi's location, she turns to look at Aya again. "I see. Would you say he purposedly sought you out or revealed himself to you?"

16. - Top - End - #556
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Sayuri glances at Aya. "I suggest you don't leap to conclusions, Konpaku-san", she says. "As of now, I'm not the head of this operation. I'm just doing preliminary work, to be handed to someone else if deemed fit. I'm still waiting for our Commander's verdict and orders on the issue."

Her eyes return to the paper. "As such, I can not promise that you will be involved in the operation. You can rest assured that your enthusiasm is duly noted."

As the discussion moves to Takeshi's location, she turns to look at Aya again. "I see. Would you say he purposedly sought you out or revealed himself to you?"
    "I do not know if he sought me out, but I announced my reiryoku presence as I tried to trace his reiatsu. He must have felt it and announced his in response."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

17. - Top - End - #557
    Orc in the Playground

"He did seem to have a great deal of interest in Aya-san as soon as we established contact, however." Shishiou noted. "He spoke almost exclusively to her."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ettin in the Playground

"I see", Sayuri says, stopping her writing and leaning back in her chair. "Then it was not possible for him to be very far. Given the timeframe of his escape, your arrival in the world of the living, and his meeting of you, his hideout, at least for the time being, must've been within the town or in close vicinity thereof." Sayuri makes a mental note to send a word to 9th and ask who they have stationed there.

She crosses her fingers, placing her elbows on her desk, and leans forth a bit. "To be frank, his actions leave no other possibility than him choosing to seek you out. It's our luck that he's a fool like that. But right now, I'm more interested in why you tried to call him out, and how you uncanniliy ended in the same area as he."

19. - Top - End - #559
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I see", Sayuri says, stopping her writing and leaning back in her chair. "Then it was not possible for him to be very far. Given the timeframe of his escape, your arrival in the world of the living, and his meeting of you, his hideout, at least for the time being, must've been within the town or in close vicinity thereof." Sayuri makes a mental note to send a word to 9th and ask who they have stationed there.

She crosses her fingers, placing her elbows on her desk, and leans forth a bit. "To be frank, his actions leave no other possibility than him choosing to seek you out. It's our luck that he's a fool like that. But right now, I'm more interested in why you tried to call him out, and how you uncanniliy ended in the same area as he."
    Aya holds both hands together as she rubs them slowly, as if trying to calm herself down a little bit before speaking, a slight blush even appears on her cheeks.

"When you love a man who loves you just as much, despite not openly displaying the intense devotion, attention and effort that he took to care for you, it seems intuition is unnaturally sharp when it comes to locating each other. I do not know why our journey to the Mortal World brought us to coincidentally to the same town where he is hiding, but arrive we still did."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

"So there's no special signifigance in the town for either of you?"

"Would you believe he's still there?"

21. - Top - End - #561
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Aya thinks for a moment before replying. "No I know very little of that town. But I doubt a man of his intellect would remain particularly after revealing his presence in that location to two Shinigami, one whom he does not know at all," nodding at Shishiou "and one who loved him, and is determined to take him back."
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-06-08 at 11:13 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

22. - Top - End - #562
    Orc in the Playground

"Fushichou City is part of my 'beat'." Shishiou noted, signifying his designated patrol area. "It was our best bet at the time, I'd say we partially got lucky.

Call it a fool's intuition, but I don't think he actually left the town. We should remember that he was accompanied by at least as many as twenty-five of the Kidou Corps., many of which are not familiar with Kyokko, even less of which are familiar with stealth procedures. We would have probably picked up on their movements if they did, and even Takeshi couldn't possibly hide them all."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ettin in the Playground

"You are sadly mistaken, Tsukikage-san", Sayuri replies. "It's well within capabilities of barrier Kido to hide even a whole Division, provided they stay stationary. Though you are right that there's enough of them, and enough of them unskilled, for us to pick up their motions should they move."

"If he has remained put, then sightings of his followers and other errant Shinigami should be in the rise at the town. Fortunately... that is easily checked. I will see what the 9th has to say about the matter. Dismissed."

24. - Top - End - #564
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Day of Kido Corp Defection

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division:
    (Kido Corp Gardens, looking for Misaki)

Taro was bent over at the knees sweating and looking in the opposite direction, when he heard the sweetest and happiest sound he could hear.

He spun around as quick as he could and squinted his eyes as he saw the small silhouetted form of his dear friend Misaki behind the gate to an adjoining garden to the courtyard. Behind her he thought he could make out another form.

Taro straightened up and sighed heavily in relief as he waved back to her and began to walk towards her. His strides large he closed the distance quickly without looking like he was in a hurry. With his sleeve, he wiped his brow, chest and arms of their sweat as he approached the gate and garden.

His face was warm, but tired, and his smile was large, though behind a sense of concern still weighed in its corners and on his brow.

Taro came to the gate door, and bowed to her slightly.

"Oh Misaki-kun...i am so happy to see you...i came as soon as i heard what happened with the Kido Corps.... how IS everything?...and how are you?"

His tone sincere his care obvious, his full professional and personal sentiment was on display for Misaki to see as he did not hide his care for her.

Misaki would seem generally unfazed by the event judging from the gleeful smile still present on her face.
    Oh, don't worry about that. I was with my squad at the Collapse Site when Takeshi gave that speech. They're a whole bunch of people who could attest to that, including my father.
    She nods her head in the direction of Katisugo, which had for the last minute been quietly observing the two interact.
    Indeed, Misaki likely has nothing to fear about her status as a shinigami.
    He turns to Taro, his left shoulder where his emblem for 12th Divison Vice Captain is entirely visible.
    Misaki has talked about you before, but I do not believe we have formally met.
    He extends his hand towards him.
    My name is Katisugo Ichimyouri, Vice Captain of 12th Division. A pleasure to meet you.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

25. - Top - End - #565
    Orc in the Playground

"You are sadly mistaken, Tsukikage-san", Sayuri replies. "It's well within capabilities of barrier Kido to hide even a whole Division, provided they stay stationary. Though you are right that there's enough of them, and enough of them unskilled, for us to pick up their motions should they move."

"If he has remained put, then sightings of his followers and other errant Shinigami should be in the rise at the town. Fortunately... that is easily checked. I will see what the 9th has to say about the matter. Dismissed."
    "That's exactly what I meant, Yamamoto-fukutaichou. My guess is that Takeshi picked his future base of operations as an exit point. In any case, that's just my assessment." Shishiou bowed deeply as she indicated they were dismissed.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Konpaku Aya gets up, bows quietly and leaves with Shishiou figuring that trying to appeal to get into the operations is futile.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

27. - Top - End - #567
    Orc in the Playground

Shishiou has to resist not reaching for her hand until the door behind them is closed.

"Am I correct in assuming that you're not going to stop just because you were told no?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #568
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Shishiou has to resist not reaching for her hand until the door behind them is closed.

"Am I correct in assuming that you're not going to stop just because you were told no?"
    Aya waits until they are clear out of the 1st Division barracks before replying.

"I will not become another Takeshi and act contrary to the rules because my heart feels that its wrong. If Takeshi is to be dealt with on the Mortal World, I doubt they would kill him just like that. They will want to know where he kept the Kido Archives. This means they will try to bring him back. And he has allies, he never works alone, and this means there might be a rescue operation. With Soul Society taking so much hits, his allies would be bold enough to attempt such a maneuver. I belong to the 10th Division, over here the patrols are within my jurisdiction." she winks at Shishiou. "When they get him out, if they do get him out, they'll face me."

Holding Shishiou's hand tighter, he could sense Aya's resolve in not breaking the rules.

"Besides, while I may be brave now, there's no telling what will happen if I face him again. Yes I have increased my power, but the heart still needs time to heal. But I am very very grateful that you are here with me to aid me along. If you are called to join the team, promise me you focus on the mission and not take my feelings into consideration, because order and rules are what peace stands on, regardless of feelings."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaki
    [9th Division Headquarters]

Kaki blinked in a little confusion at the tone of Hirokatsu. Was it wrong she had come early? Before she decided answer, Hirokatsu reached out with his free hand taking all the paperwork into his arms as he turned and moved back into his office.
    "Yes." Kaki responded, closing the door behind her.

She stepped into the room, and hesitated. The captain was standing holding a pillow.
    "Excuse me." Kaki said professionally.
    "Umm... Captian Goto, is there something you need this morning, sir?" She asked. It was strange question from Kaki who was curious and sleepy a little, but earnestly always trying. for this second, it is more 'curious young person' question instead of professional. Because a professional knows not to make such a stupid question.

Kaki also realizes this after she says it, so bows quickly for apology.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

30. - Top - End - #570
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Aya waits until they are clear out of the 1st Division barracks before replying.

"I will not become another Takeshi and act contrary to the rules because my heart feels that its wrong. If Takeshi is to be dealt with on the Mortal World, I doubt they would kill him just like that. They will want to know where he kept the Kido Archives. This means they will try to bring him back. And he has allies, he never works alone, and this means there might be a rescue operation. With Soul Society taking so much hits, his allies would be bold enough to attempt such a maneuver. I belong to the 10th Division, over here the patrols are within my jurisdiction." she winks at Shishiou. "When they get him out, if they do get him out, they'll face me."

Holding Shishiou's hand tighter, he could sense Aya's resolve in not breaking the rules.

"Besides, while I may be brave now, there's no telling what will happen if I face him again. Yes I have increased my power, but the heart still needs time to heal. But I am very very grateful that you are here with me to aid me along. If you are called to join the team, promise me you focus on the mission and not take my feelings into consideration, because order and rules are what peace stands on, regardless of feelings."
    "Sorry, Aya, I can't promise you that." Shishiou noted in a sad tone.

"Both heart and mind are what makes up a person's resolve. All heart and no mind makes one lose direction. All mind and no heart means one is unable to take anyone and anything but himself into account. I'm unwilling to compromise on the idea that one should keep his heart in his sleeve just because he's on-duty.

Takeshi's biggest mistake was not that he broke the rules. It was the fact he selfishly decided he was right and everyone else was wrong. Rules are made so that we can avoid the worst case scenarios, but they're unable to account for every situation. That's why sometimes they're meant to be broken. If it means that I'll be able to heal your heart, I don't care what hardships I'll need to face."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show