New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Taiki nods. "It's good to see you, Natsuko. I'm glad you've stayed safe through all of this. How's Hikari?"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

"She's currently being looked after by some of my cousins. I would have come sooner, but I only heard the news after I got back from accompanying a Strike Team..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't worry. I was fine. It's just good to see your face." Taiki smiles, the same smile that he had when Hikari was born, when he said yes to the proposal, when they stared at each other at the wedding. "Thank you for coming."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko smiles back. "It's okay."

She wants to ask how it happened... but doesn't. He'll tell her, in his own time.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-05-16 at 12:59 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki just looks at Natsuko, smiling. "How is Sereitei doing?"

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Later...

Taiki looks up and immediately motions toward the door. "Doctors, please. I have administrative duties to attend to." The doctors look at each other for a moment, but Taiki does not wait. "Out! You can finish the tests anytime!" They hurry out, leaving much of their equipment in the room for later. "Ugh. So. Aya-san. I heard you went to the Mortal World. You and...Tsukikage Shishiou, right? I was informed of the departure and return. What did you end up doing, may I ask?" His tone makes the question seem like more of a formality than an actual inquiry.
    Aya hands the files to Captain Taiki, but knows he will read it later, or not at all since she is here to give testimony anyway.

"I went after the 8 Kido Corp defectors first, trying to round them up for more information. They...committed suicide. I bungled that up. I didn't think they would rather die than resist capture" Aya looks ready to get on her knees and bow in complete obeisance.

"Then with Tsukikage Shishiou-san, I obtained the necessary permission and permits to chase after Kitano Takeshi. I...bungled that up and got my bum handed to me too. I...I could not convince him to come back peacefully with us to explain his actions. I heard a lot of things from Takeshi, a lot of nasty things." Aya forcefully manages to pull back from the brink of tears to a fierce determination to conduct her verbal report with all the dignity of a seated officer

(After recounting what Aya's reports would tell Takahashi anyway...)

"Captain. Is he right? Are we doing the best we could while those sitting on their ivory towers continue to trample upon the good work that we do? Is he wrong? Was he misguided? Who could have done that to a genius like him? Here I have tried in my way to live in what I had firmly believed to be a life of Balance. Serving the upper echelons with duty and serving the commoners with pride and passion. Was I blind? Is that why I am not strong enough to capture him?"

Gripping her hands together tightly, Aya's voice finally quivers. "I want to be strong. I want to be Takeshi's pillar of support. To be the one who can confidently tell him that I have the power to destroy the evils in his life, break his illusions, and save his world. I..want to be strong."
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-16 at 02:18 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Later, with Aya

Upon receiving Aya's gifts, Taiki sets them on the bedside table, admiring the flowers for a moment. As she speaks, he watches her intently, almost as if he is more interested in her movements than her words. However, he nods at all the right moments and seems to hear every word she says, for when prompted he understands the significance of each part as it plays out.

Taiki seems silent in response to Aya's questions, waiting for her to finish. Once she has, he leans up in his bed. "Just because Takeshi is a genius does not mean that his beliefs are correct or including all the possible variables. Nevertheless, I do agree with some of his assessment. Sereitei is not doing enough. We are not doing what we could to win this fight against the Hollows. We are not acting in our own best interest. We are focused on petty dealings. But we are also not capable of the single-mindedness that, from my understanding, Takeshi suggests we approach. We are not in open war. The possibility exists for such a war to break out, but it has yet to happen."

He shifts in his bed before he continues. "No one, no one enjoys the costs of war. Some enjoy fighting. Some enjoy the taste of battle. I myself have experienced that bloodlust before. But war has costs. Some people are willing to pay those costs. Many are not. If peace is an option, most will take it. That is why we have not declared war. Because we wish to maintain the peace that we have. Whatever victory either side may claim, it will come at great cost. Delaying that cost is our goal.

"Genius is, like all aspects of the human psyche, twistable and corruptable. Perhaps he was convinced through the actions of those around him, perhaps he was convinced by a teacher or a friend. But at the point he is, he must realize there is no turning back. Takeshi believes what he believes. Changing a person's beliefs is a difficult and often futile path, one that will cause more sorrow than it is worth.

"You are not 'blind,' Konpaku-san. You have chosen a path of great restraint. For that you should be commended. Your actions are not without consequence, and for the most part, I believe what you have done for your district has helped considerably. I know I have to read fewer reports from patrols in that sector.

"As for your strength, Konpaku-san, Kitano Takeshi is not only incredibly powerful and incredibly intelligent, but also incredibly devoted. To expect someone who could not match him in at least two of those categories to stand much chance against him in battle is naive at best. As much as he unnerves me, Takeshi has earned some amount of respect from me. He is a powerful foe. If you wish to defeat him, you will need proper training." Taiki lifts his left hand and clenches his fist a few times. "Training is something I can assist with. You can get the training you need. You already have the necessary will to face him. And I believe you are suited to face him should you prepare for the conflict."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Later, with Aya

Upon receiving Aya's gifts, Taiki sets them on the bedside table, admiring the flowers for a moment. As she speaks, he watches her intently, almost as if he is more interested in her movements than her words. However, he nods at all the right moments and seems to hear every word she says, for when prompted he understands the significance of each part as it plays out.

Taiki seems silent in response to Aya's questions, waiting for her to finish. Once she has, he leans up in his bed. "Just because Takeshi is a genius does not mean that his beliefs are correct or including all the possible variables. Nevertheless, I do agree with some of his assessment. Sereitei is not doing enough. We are not doing what we could to win this fight against the Hollows. We are not acting in our own best interest. We are focused on petty dealings. But we are also not capable of the single-mindedness that, from my understanding, Takeshi suggests we approach. We are not in open war. The possibility exists for such a war to break out, but it has yet to happen."

He shifts in his bed before he continues. "No one, no one enjoys the costs of war. Some enjoy fighting. Some enjoy the taste of battle. I myself have experienced that bloodlust before. But war has costs. Some people are willing to pay those costs. Many are not. If peace is an option, most will take it. That is why we have not declared war. Because we wish to maintain the peace that we have. Whatever victory either side may claim, it will come at great cost. Delaying that cost is our goal.

"Genius is, like all aspects of the human psyche, twistable and corruptable. Perhaps he was convinced through the actions of those around him, perhaps he was convinced by a teacher or a friend. But at the point he is, he must realize there is no turning back. Takeshi believes what he believes. Changing a person's beliefs is a difficult and often futile path, one that will cause more sorrow than it is worth.

"You are not 'blind,' Konpaku-san. You have chosen a path of great restraint. For that you should be commended. Your actions are not without consequence, and for the most part, I believe what you have done for your district has helped considerably. I know I have to read fewer reports from patrols in that sector.

"As for your strength, Konpaku-san, Kitano Takeshi is not only incredibly powerful and incredibly intelligent, but also incredibly devoted. To expect someone who could not match him in at least two of those categories to stand much chance against him in battle is naive at best. As much as he unnerves me, Takeshi has earned some amount of respect from me. He is a powerful foe. If you wish to defeat him, you will need proper training." Taiki lifts his left hand and clenches his fist a few times. "Training is something I can assist with. You can get the training you need. You already have the necessary will to face him. And I believe you are suited to face him should you prepare for the conflict."
    With Captain Taiki

Aya's eyes seem to water a little, relief that she's not scolded, heartened by encouragement, and saddened that the possibility of getting Takeshi to turn back might eventually be futile. What could she do? Can she with her power help Takeshi? Perhaps, by inheriting his will but rejecting his methods, might be the right course to take.

Getting up from her chair, Aya bows deeply. "Captain, please train me. I want to use my own strength, inherit Takeshi's will to act, but use my own methods to accomplish what all of us want to do. Please!"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Later, with Aya

Taiki chuckles lightly. "Alright, Konpaku-san. But first I have to not be wrapped in bandages." He motions to his cast arm. "But I promise I will help you. You're a member of my division for a reason, Aya."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Later, with Aya

Taiki chuckles lightly. "Alright, Konpaku-san. But first I have to not be wrapped in bandages." He motions to his cast arm. "But I promise I will help you. You're a member of my division for a reason, Aya."
    With Captain Taiki

Aya bows again with a blushing face but eyes filled with determination. "Y-Yes Captain! I-I will proceed to the training grounds to prepare myself!"

With that, Aya bows again and leaves the area.

---------------------------------------------------------

10th Division Training Grounds

With the 4th Execution Squad welcoming her back, the first order of the day is to make up for lost exercise time by drilling with the rest of her team. In the week or so, she doubles the drills and intensity with her squad until everyone would be on the ground panting before dinner time. But physical exertion feels good, and it takes everyone's mind off the troubles plaguing Seireitei for awhile.

During the evenings, she meditates in the meditation chambers, sparring in her Inner World with Kokubyaku Mujou. The disc-world mindscape appears damaged and on the verge of crumbling at first, but the training to rebuild the mindscape while fending off attacks coming from both Zanpakuto spirits paid off. It appears that Kokubyaku Mujou are preparing Aya to fight blind, especially since this is the first time she has encountered combat where instead of being responsible for blinding her target, the target has equal means of blinding her as well.

Moving the training up from relying on sound and sensation of air currents, Aya's training includes the perception of reiryoku and reiatsu flows, learning to discern the density and shape of these vibrations to determine if it is a body or a weapon. Furthermore, the strange esoteric fighting style that Kokubyaku Mujou displays during the fight is also something else that Aya has to learn. While the footwork and strikes look remarkably similar, Aya is forced to reduce the strength of her strikes in order to 'feel' the parries and blocks and 'flow' from offensive to defensive form.

At the beginning this makes no sense to Aya, and Kokubyaku Mujou refuse to explain why they are forcing her to learn a deceptively similar bladework that seeks to sabotage her 'whirling dervish' style of play that not only features quick and hard strikes, but even quicker recoveries as well, into a style that seems more interested in 'sticking' her weapons onto the foe's and taking extra time to feel the movement of the counterattack or recovery. Being forced to slow down isn't Aya's style, especially in her current state of impatience.

But this training has paid off. As each night's meditative training carries on, the frequency of Aya's weapons shattering under the blows of Kokubyaku Mujou's sword-like tablet scepters has decreased dramatically. Aya begins to realize that brute force is really not suitable for her, what with a relatively less dense reiatsu and softer reiryoku, going hard on hard has only worked so far because her speed helps negate the impact and force that she faces. Despite her increased strength through many years of training, this strength ultimately is not meant to be used in a manner that more physically powerful fighters would. By consistently willing herself to parry with more precise measures of strength, a component of strength training few but finesse blademasters would insist on training, she finds herself even quicker in recovery, but the choice to 'stick' herself to her opponent allows her to exert a subtle pressure on her opponent, where the delay (once frowned on because it is seen as a sign of hesitation and inexperience) becomes an unpredictable move. Would Aya follow up with an attack? Or take advantage that their weapons remain in contact to allow the next attack to be blocked even easier? That is slowly sinking into Aya's mind.

Even her speed has been curtailed initially. Forced to give up on rapid movements that are sometimes more wasteful and fanciful than serve any real purpose at all, Aya is forced to root herself onto the ground, moving only in small amounts when necessary. Kokumujou and Hakumujou each taking turns to execute their attacks to both constrict what they deem to be Aya's bad habits and to drill her at the same time. Within a week, even this has allowed Aya to remain focused and not constantly on a move. It allows her to conserve her stamina and prevent her from disrupting her own attack momentums by moving around consistently. As a result, Aya feels less tired as the fight drags on, and the energy savings also translates to greater battle stamina, and to move less is to react more, and to react more is to do more.

This training continues, until Captain Taiki is well enough to begin his own lessons to train her.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Inside 3rd, Magatsu's office]

To speak the truth, Nasumi had not paid much attention to the power progression of Shinigami. She'd been taught that Bankai is something one Shinigami in a century manages to achieve, on average. They'd never gone to depth of how one would be supposed to do that, so it had slipped her mind.

As for Shikai, Nasumi had always had Shin-chan. It had seemed positively odd to her that some students did not even have a sword of their own before coming to the Academy. In the end, she had deemed it not her problem - she might not have been the best swordsman ever, but she'd felt mildly proud that she'd always possessed a trait some people had to work for. Not that it had been much of a solace at times...

"Oh. I... guess I can do that"
    , she says hesitantly. "So we just spar? Doesn't sound too difficult. How long will we be gone?"
    "For as long as it takes me to best Eien Uzumaki. Perhaps a week, perhaps a day. Maybe longer. It will be an opportunity for you to grow in power as well. Third will need to be strong for the future I'm building." Magatsu sighed and looked out the window again. "And any minute now I'm going to be swamped with paperwork about today's mess. You'll be notified when it's time to leave, Nasumi. Dismissed.

He waited for her to leave before sitting at his desk and massaging his temples. Today had been far too frustrating. Always a struggle for respect, always fighting tooth and nail for every scrap of recognition. It was a battle that couldn't always be solved by tearing Eien Uzumaki through its spine, which galled him.

He blinked in surprise to find his Zanpakutou embedded in the wall, neatly cleaving a vase in half, where he'd angrily hurled it without realizing it. No, not a good day at all.

He was still in his office some time later when word finally reached him of Michiko's resignation and the Kido Corps' desertion. The expression that twisted its way across his lips came nowhere near resembling a smile, suggesting something closer to impending evisceration of the extended family of anyone he looked at before some finger-painting with their viscera. Magatsu stood and wrenched his blade out of the wall and drove it home into its scabbard with altogether too much force.

Eleventh is left without a Captain, Second weaves its own schemes, and our sorcerers betray us. Seireitei is rotting from within. I need to move faster.

We'll fix it, Magatsu. We'll fix everything. Blood is always the best grease for progress...

I'll kill whoever I have to. Betrayal, abandonment, plotting... I won't stand by and take it anymore. I'm through being a pawn. Seireitei is being devoured by incompetence and treachery, and I will take my vengeance on all responsible.

The mortals say that when you embark on a journey of revenge, Magatsu, you should dig two graves. The ghost of a hyena's smile whispered through the Vice-Captain's mind. They underestimate us.

Magatsu stalked out of his office in search of Daisuke. Things had to be put in order.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Firbolg in the Playground

A single Stargazer Lilly would be found on Aya's pillow for the several days of her recovery though no doctor or nurse could pin down on who the giver was or even how he or she was getting into the room. When she is released back to her quarters, the botanical gift continues, the flower arranged next to her bed when she raises.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    A single Stargazer Lilly would be found on Aya's pillow for the several days of her recovery though no doctor or nurse could pin down on who the giver was or even how he or she was getting into the room. When she is released back to her quarters, the botanical gift continues, the flower arranged next to her bed when she raises.
    Feeling suspicious of the botanical gift, and not knowing where and how it got to her bed, her private space, frustrated Aya. Could it be Shishiou? Naw it wouldn't be. This isn't his thing.

One night, when she is sleeping, she focuses her body to enter the state of sub-sleep. Breathing patterns are long, slow and deep, but her senses are sharp and alert.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

14. - Top - End - #194

That night, a small fire fly moves into Aya's room, landing on her pillow. Upon inspection the object is very clearly a kido construct of some sort, it's body shimmering with energy. It's wings flap before a perfect Star Gazer Lilly lands on Aya's pillow before it prepares to take off once more.
    My Current Works

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

That night, a small fire fly moves into Aya's room, landing on her pillow. Upon inspection the object is very clearly a kido construct of some sort, it's body shimmering with energy. It's wings flap before a perfect Star Gazer Lilly lands on Aya's pillow before it prepares to take off once more.
    Remaining in a perfect state of sleep, Aya waits for the fire fly to take off before she gets up and proceeds to follow the construct. Suppressing her reiryoku and reiatsu and reinforcing with Kyokko.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-16 at 06:45 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

((I'm gonna assume Katisugo no longer needs to be working on Anti-Spore Spray seeing that von Geister's gone.))

With the possibility of von Geister disaster now over, most individuals return to their regular tasks. Katisugo however continues to tinker with the Anti-Spore Spray Formula. After nearly 10 hours of seemingly tedious work, Katisugo once again tests the last sample Yoshi brought out.

Initializing Eighth Test with Spore Sterilization Spray: Modification Three-Theta
    Again, the vents in the top of the box open up as a aqua green mist fills the quarantine box containing the spore sample. After a minute data on the results begin to scroll down the main screen.

Preliminary Scan Results:
    ---
    ---72.1% Spore Neutralization---
    ---6.3% Spore Resistance---
    ---
    ---Estimated 100% Spore Neutralization:
    ---
    ---34.8 Seconds

Katiusgo smirks finally satisfied with the results, but also because he had gotten a little tired of messing with the formulas. He disposes of the final sample and spends a few minutes cleaning up.

He records all the test results and then saves it, and forwards the data in a file to Captain Kazuo. And with that Katisugo flash steps out of 12th.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2011-05-16 at 06:45 PM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

[Elsewhen]

It wasn't a rare sight to see Kazuma wander past the 10th division's grounds on his way to the 11th. The times at which he did so tended to differ considerably, though - he seemed to always be on some errand or another after the daily training regimen required of all 11th divisioners (which he affectionaly called "warmup") was done.

It was by a stroke of luck that he happened to see Konpaku Aya leading her team's training exercise. There was something about her enthusiasm that caught his eye.

As such, he set down the massive rock-blade he used to train with, sat on the ground cross-legged, and watched. Occasionally, he would eat up some candy, or light up his pipe. He looked VERY interested in this, perhaps despite the fact that Aya was one of the few (possibly only) female shinigami present, and shihakusho did not lend themselves to flattering figures (with few exceptions).
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [Elsewhen]
    Spoiler
    Show

It wasn't a rare sight to see Kazuma wander past the 10th division's grounds on his way to the 11th. The times at which he did so tended to differ considerably, though - he seemed to always be on some errand or another after the daily training regimen required of all 11th divisioners (which he affectionaly called "warmup") was done.

It was by a stroke of luck that he happened to see Konpaku Aya leading her team's training exercise. There was something about her enthusiasm that caught his eye.

As such, he set down the massive rock-blade he used to train with, sat on the ground cross-legged, and watched. Occasionally, he would eat up some candy, or light up his pipe. He looked VERY interested in this, perhaps despite the fact that Aya was one of the few (possibly only) female shinigami present, and shihakusho did not lend themselves to flattering figures (with few exceptions).
    Indeed Aya was the only female shinigami present in this squad. And the exercises demanded not merely power that males are capable of, but also control and agility which are more suitable for females. Then again, when it comes to shinigami, all aspects of training should be regarded equally, and this squad follows the holistic approach.

Taking a break for lunch soon after, Aya disappears with exquisitely refined shunpo and reappears almost instantly with two really large bundles of boxed lunch. It also appears that Aya notices Kazuma's presence as she appears beside him on with a boxed lunch on hand.

"Join us for lunch? Konpaku Aya, 4th seat, Captain of the 4th Execution Squad." she smiles, holding out the food to Kazuma.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-16 at 07:22 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma seemed a little surprised. It appears kindness is something he's not shown that often. "I'd love to. Amagatsu Kazuma, 11th division, 7th seat. You guys put a lot of energy in your training! I'm frankly quite impressed."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kazuma seemed a little surprised. It appears kindness is something he's not shown that often. "I'd love to. Amagatsu Kazuma, 11th division, 7th seat. You guys put a lot of energy in your training! I'm frankly quite impressed."
    "Given the circumstances that we have been facing in Seireitei, we must not neglect our duty to the ordinary citizens of Rukongai. This training is to ensure that we can reach them as quickly as we can and have the strength and stamina to assist them in any way we can. And also, for any battles we will have with Hollows. We all want to get stronger." Aya replies as she tucks in while looking over at her squad members eating. It took a year perhaps to get them accustomed to her training and leadership, and another year before she won over their hearts and minds. The cohesion in their teamwork is flawless, and they are proud to have learnt the new signal kido that she had taught them.

"Any comments or feedback from your observation of our training? We could always improve our practices." Aya turns back to look at Kazuma, her gaze lingers a second longer on the massive rock-blade.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

"That's my training apparel. You might want to avoid touching it, it's made of sekkiseki." Kazuma offers as he notes her interest. She might also notice he's wearing what looks like a fairly heavy mantle.

"Well, I can't fault your execution. The best kind of training is the kind that becomes so ingrained in you that you turn to it without thinking. Couldn't help but notice, though...

Your team was training very hard, but you trained the hardest of them all. You weren't just putting on a brave face to serve as an example, you were actually putting even more heart than your companions in it.

In my experience, that kind of focus only comes when you've got a goal in mind. Not something abstract like 'protect Soul Society'. Something tangible like 'I want to be able to do 3000 practice slashes without tiring every day'.

You've got a goal in mind, don't you?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"That's my training apparel. You might want to avoid touching it, it's made of sekkiseki." Kazuma offers as he notes her interest. She might also notice he's wearing what looks like a fairly heavy mantle.

"Well, I can't fault your execution. The best kind of training is the kind that becomes so ingrained in you that you turn to it without thinking. Couldn't help but notice, though...

Your team was training very hard, but you trained the hardest of them all. You weren't just putting on a brave face to serve as an example, you were actually putting even more heart than your companions in it.

In my experience, that kind of focus only comes when you've got a goal in mind. Not something abstract like 'protect Soul Society'. Something tangible like 'I want to be able to do 3000 practice slashes without tiring every day'.

You've got a goal in mind, don't you?"
    Aya's face froze for a moment at Kazuma's words. "I want to defeat Kitano Takeshi. And to do that, I need to attain Bankai." comes the simple reply.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-16 at 08:25 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma looked halfway between stunned and amused. Aya looked so serious he didn't know which way to lean to keep himself from exploding in laughter.

That'd be rude.

"Kitano Takeshi, huh? You've got a tall order ahead of you. But you're not talking about a little change that happens overnight.

Bankai requires a veritable revolution in your spirit. Harmony within your soul. And many, many years of dedication to master.

And if you have someone you must defeat, harmony is the last thing you have on you.

The good news is, you don't need Bankai to defeat Takeshi."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kazuma looked halfway between stunned and amused. Aya looked so serious he didn't know which way to lean to keep himself from exploding in laughter.

That'd be rude.

"Kitano Takeshi, huh? You've got a tall order ahead of you. But you're not talking about a little change that happens overnight.

Bankai requires a veritable revolution in your spirit. Harmony within your soul. And many, many years of dedication to master.

And if you have someone you must defeat, harmony is the last thing you have on you.

The good news is, you don't need Bankai to defeat Takeshi."
    Aya looks downcast, she knows Kazuma is surely feeling incredulous, but after what she went through, she realizes that only by defeating Takeshi would she able to save him.

"I do not have the talent for kido, nor am I a genius like him. I can only work hard, and put my heart and soul into what I do. I can only spar with my manifested Zanpakuto spirits. If not Bankai, what else?" Aya looks back at Kazuma right in his eyes.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

He takes off the shades so she can do that. "Genius is overrated. And your zanpakutou spirits are not the only ones you can spar with.

Training to defeat a specific opponent is different from training to adjust to a wide set of circunstances. Every fighter has a rhythm. If you can use their rhythm to your advantage, then you will win.

Imagine you had to defeat me. You know I'm using my training sword. What are my strengths and weaknesses?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground

The next time Sayuri enters her office, she will see Yuuta Yama's massive frame back-lit by the light of an orange, glowing square largely concealed by a kido cloak. As soon as she reaches line-of-sight, he will also complete his prolonged casting of Jikanteishi.

He REALLY doesn't want their talk to be interrupted.
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

He takes off the shades so she can do that. "Genius is overrated. And your zanpakutou spirits are not the only ones you can spar with.

Training to defeat a specific opponent is different from training to adjust to a wide set of circunstances. Every fighter has a rhythm. If you can use their rhythm to your advantage, then you will win.

Imagine you had to defeat me. You know I'm using my training sword. What are my strengths and weaknesses?"
    "Using a Sekkiseki for a training weapon means you wish to master control of your reiatsu in an attempt to be able to discern how much you need to invest into controlling the weapon without placing too much drain on your own reserves. If you are successful with this you will be able to manage subtle levels of strikes for precision, speed, stability and recovery. Not using your zanpakuto might suggest that you wish to hone your body, rather than take advantage of our innate mastery in wielding our own zanpakuto. Assuming that is the case, you intend to master yourself in order to better manage proficiencies in any form of weapons. Either your zanpakuto is a multi-form type, or you prefer to be flexible and masterful in any weapon you might encounter. Beyond that is speculation, the only way to find out is to spar with you." Aya rubs her chin thoughtfully as the wind blows gently past the training grounds.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

28. - Top - End - #208

The small firefly moves out of Soul Society and even past the Rukon, into the wilderness that rings the massive city before disappearing into a small glade as if it passed through a large body of water as the very air ripples at the passage.
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The small firefly moves out of Soul Society and even past the Rukon, into the wilderness that rings the massive city before disappearing into a small glade as if it passed through a large body of water as the very air ripples at the passage.
    Unsure if she is ready, or even able to move through this area. Aya leaves a field signal only she recognizes a short distance away from this entrance and returns to her room, reminding herself to come back here when she feels ready.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    If entering this area and the events that follow will not disrupt her training with Kazuma and Taiki, then use this post instead or else we will face some plot problems :

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking around to ensure that she is not followed, Aya leaves behind a series of fieldcraft signals as she tracks the firefly into the glade. Looking around and trying to sense for presences, and satisfied that there isn't, Aya places her hands on her weapons in readiness and steps through.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Looking around to ensure that she is not followed, Aya leaves behind a series of fieldcraft signals as she tracks the firefly into the glade. Looking around and trying to sense for presences, and satisfied that there isn't, Aya places her hands on her weapons in readiness and steps through.
    Familiar faces greet Aya as she steps through the odd watery veil as they all look up to the sound of drawn steel. The firefly is no where in sight however. On even a cursory glance, Aya can identify five men and women as what few remain from Takeshi's original gang, weapons drawn and pointed at Aya. A man steps forward, almost appearing as if he'd not aged a day, who Aya may remember is named Tai with a small smile on his face. It is not a look that says he is happy to see her.

"Aya...so nice to see you! Would you like to leave now? We really can't put up much of a fight against you...so why don't you just run along and forget you saw us here huh?"

Further inspection of the area would show towering numbers of boxes in a state of moving.
    My Current Works