New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Familiar faces greet Aya as she steps through the odd watery veil as they all look up to the sound of drawn steel. The firefly is no where in sight however. On even a cursory glance, Aya can identify five men and women as what few remain from Takeshi's original gang, weapons drawn and pointed at Aya. A man steps forward, almost appearing as if he'd not aged a day, who Aya may remember is named Tai with a small smile on his face. It is not a look that says he is happy to see her.

"Aya...so nice to see you! Would you like to leave now? We really can't put up much of a fight against you...so why don't you just run along and forget you saw us here huh?"

Further inspection of the area would show towering numbers of boxes in a state of moving.
    Aya's eyes open wide in surprise. Keeping herself in a ready stance, she asks the only pertinent question. "Why are you all leaving?"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

"We're not."

Tai responds as the other four move in a half circle around Aya.

"You are. Get lost Aya...you don' want mixed up in anything else goin on here read me? Hit the beat, we don't wanna rough ya up....don't want you kicken our rears either."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"We're not."

Tai responds as the other four move in a half circle around Aya.

"You are. Get lost Aya...you don' want mixed up in anything else goin on here read me? Hit the beat, we don't wanna rough ya up....don't want you kicken our rears either."
    "If my help and work at home is insufficient, you could just tell me. Why.." Aya pleads but a sudden revelation hits her. Did Takeshi put them up to this?

"Did Takeshi put you up to this. What did he say to you guys? Please I just want to know. Let's not fight."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

4. - Top - End - #214

Tai keeps his eyes locked on Aya though the other four glance away, moving back to start moving the boxes and sift through them. It's hard to make out what all is being moved around though food is certainly among the list.

"Look...he didn't tell us crap ok? He just said he'd got somethin big goin down...wanted us to be ready for his contact. He called us a few days ago...said he needed supplies. S'all we're doing Aya. He opens the gates, he tells us when to get ready...we send him a line to let him know we're secure and he sends some...bug...he opens it up and we start shifting things through.

We've been doin it the last few days...food, what ever he asks for we give it to him ya know? We owe him a lot...and so do you Aya. What yer doin in the District is nice and all...but yer no Takeshi. Even if we knew all what was goin down...we wouldn't tell ya crap anyway."
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-17 at 03:43 AM.
    My Current Works

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tai keeps his eyes locked on Aya though the other four glance away, moving back to start moving the boxes and sift through them. It's hard to make out what all is being moved around though food is certainly among the list.

"Look...he didn't tell us crap ok? He just said he'd got somethin big goin down...wanted us to be ready for his contact. He called us a few days ago...said he needed supplies. S'all we're doing Aya. He opens the gates, he tells us when to get ready...we send him a line to let him know we're secure and he sends some...bug...he opens it up and we start shifting things through.

We've been doin it the last few days...food, what ever he asks for we give it to him ya know? We owe him a lot...and so do you Aya. What yer doin in the District is nice and all...but yer no Takeshi. Even if we knew all what was goin down...we wouldn't tell ya crap anyway."
    I knew it. Aya thinks to herself as she visible relaxes. "What you are doing is technically not illegal. (Note to others: please let me know if it is) And your interactions with the Mortal World is not within my jurisdiction either. On the account for old times sake, you have my word of secrecy, but should you let anyone from the 13th Division catch you, as they are in charge of Mortal World affairs, I will not lie to them should they question me. But you do not tell Takeshi that I have seen you guys here, or this deal is off. Ok?"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

6. - Top - End - #216

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say aiding a known and wanted criminal of Soul Society is a pretty high crime.

Tai shakes his head, his grin finally turning into a tight stubborn line.

"No deal Princess, you don't get to make the rules when you won't even protect us if your buddies just ask you questions. If that's the case, we won't say crap 'less Takeshi asks. We might or might not drop hints. S'all Princess? We've got work to do."
    My Current Works

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say aiding a known and wanted criminal of Soul Society is a pretty high crime.

Tai shakes his head, his grin finally turning into a tight stubborn line.

"No deal Princess, you don't get to make the rules when you won't even protect us if your buddies just ask you questions. If that's the case, we won't say crap 'less Takeshi asks. We might or might not drop hints. S'all Princess? We've got work to do."
    Aya shakes her head as her heart is on the verge of being torn apart again. Whipping out a notepad, Aya quickly scribes a letter, folds it and seals it with a small bakudo spell created specifically to function like a wax seal and passes it to Tai. "Let him see it. He will decide your fates. I hope he remains wise enough to not implicate the rest of you again."

Taking a moment to sigh, Aya continues, her stance returns. "Finish up your work here and give yourselves in as smugglers. Your connection to a known and high-level criminal to Seireitei will be overlooked as ignorance. And please, let us not fight and settle this peacefully. A few months of jail time is preferable to execution for treason against Soul Society, and I will plead for leniency on your behalf. I can summon reinforcements in a blink of an eye. Look." Aya holds up a flare spell ready to fire through the entrance of the glade and burst in a specific light and sound. "When they come, the law will be the judge and they are not as gentle as me. Finish up and give yourselves up, please. I do not want to hurt any of you."

Contents of the Letter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Takeshi,

How dare you once again manipulate the people who genuinely love you to follow your extremist methods unwittingly. Was it not enough? Why would you leave Star Gazer Lilies as gifts to me, when you know fully well you are just going to hurt me and provoke me to take actions that would hurt me even more? What have you become Takeshi? Where is your heart that I had sought so hard to catch?

Your approval was once the most important achievement in my life to accomplish. What happened to you that would destroy our sweet future together? We could have accomplished so much together, we could have used other methods to realize your dreams. My work in our District is my consistent declaration of love, why would you destroy it?

Your smuggling operation is compromised. Please do not try again.

Your deeply hurt beloved.

Konpaku Aya.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

8. - Top - End - #218

Tai takes the note, shrugging.

"This isn't the worst thing we did, even when Takeshi was around to run things. We'd have thought by now you'd have figured it out. We're heading out, we've been compromised, someone let the Boss know. Get the rest of the stuff through the next portal..."

He turns to look at Aya one last time, smirking a little as the rest of his crew wrap up their activities.

"He really did the best for you Princess...even when he didn't have to. Maybe you should repay yours and your daddy's debt to him. We know we're gonna try, the lot of you be damned to stop us."

With a single whistle, the five spirits flee from the clearing though they leave the supplies behind.
    My Current Works

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tai takes the note, shrugging.

"This isn't the worst thing we did, even when Takeshi was around to run things. We'd have thought by now you'd have figured it out. We're heading out, we've been compromised, someone let the Boss know. Get the rest of the stuff through the next portal..."

He turns to look at Aya one last time, smirking a little as the rest of his crew wrap up their activities.

"He really did the best for you Princess...even when he didn't have to. Maybe you should repay yours and your daddy's debt to him. We know we're gonna try, the lot of you be damned to stop us."

With a single whistle, the five spirits flee from the clearing though they leave the supplies behind.
    Konpaku Aya did not cry, at least no sound comes out. Tears continue to fall as she speeds back to her room. But a new idea came from these tears of frustration. Perhaps she was doing this the wrong way too, just as Takeshi had been doing it the wrong way. He tried to fight against an immovable system, and Aya's struggles are similar. Perhaps...perhaps...

Perhaps she can join Takeshi as an undercover agent! For all her talk about change from within, she was consistently presented with opportunities that she had also been too blind to perceive! She would take a look at how Takeshi would be doing things. Support him in any actions that do not cause too big a ripple, subtly nudge things to have lesser impact and try to convince him to refrain from taking extremely drastic or destructive measures. Yes...this could work.

Smiling again. Konpaku Aya returns to her room. She will continue to train, and consult with Captain Taiki about her plan. She can help Takeshi directly again.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    "For as long as it takes me to best Eien Uzumaki. Perhaps a week, perhaps a day. Maybe longer. It will be an opportunity for you to grow in power as well. Third will need to be strong for the future I'm building." Magatsu sighed and looked out the window again. "And any minute now I'm going to be swamped with paperwork about today's mess. You'll be notified when it's time to leave, Nasumi. Dismissed.
    Nasumi returns to her quarters, confused... and starts packing her stuff. What a strange day this has been, eh, Shin-chan?, she muses, gathering her meager possession in a small back pack. After a moment of awkward mental silence, she pouts and stomps the floor.

Aieee! Why do you never talk to me these days?
    , she rages. Few other divisioners give puzzled glances at the incensed unseated. We used to chat all the time when we were kids! Who am I supposed to talk with if not you? I thought we were friends!

Fury of the girl remains unanswered. She only gets a slight impression of something large shifting in its cage, as if shrugging. Nasumi snorts and throws herself on her bed. Maybe she could get some sleep before leaving...

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    The next time Sayuri enters her office, she will see Yuuta Yama's massive frame back-lit by the light of an orange, glowing square largely concealed by a kido cloak. As soon as she reaches line-of-sight, he will also complete his prolonged casting of Jikanteishi.

He REALLY doesn't want their talk to be interrupted.
    Such act is, however, of very questionable wisdom in the presence of an equally competent sorceress who has all the reasons to take casting of forbidden Kido as sign that Yuuta is siding with his rebellious master.

"Rikujōkōrō!", Sayuri shouts, snapping her fingers, even as her free hand darts to the hilt of her Zanpakuto. Six rods of blinding light smash against Yuuta's arms and midriff, anchoring him in place and crushing him harder than iron bands. In but a split of a second, Sayuri has closed the miniscule distance between them and drawn her sword, standing on her desk and holding the blade against Yuuta's throat. The sound of Shunpo still echoes in the room as she begins speaking.

"Vice-Commander Yuuta"
    , she states non-chalantly. There's a deep frown on her face, and barely-restrained fury burns in her cold eyes. "I assume you came here by lawful means, since the guards have let you in. If that is so, I must ask you, why ruin that guise now?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    "Using a Sekkiseki for a training weapon means you wish to master control of your reiatsu in an attempt to be able to discern how much you need to invest into controlling the weapon without placing too much drain on your own reserves. If you are successful with this you will be able to manage subtle levels of strikes for precision, speed, stability and recovery. Not using your zanpakuto might suggest that you wish to hone your body, rather than take advantage of our innate mastery in wielding our own zanpakuto. Assuming that is the case, you intend to master yourself in order to better manage proficiencies in any form of weapons. Either your zanpakuto is a multi-form type, or you prefer to be flexible and masterful in any weapon you might encounter. Beyond that is speculation, the only way to find out is to spar with you." Aya rubs her chin thoughtfully as the wind blows gently past the training grounds.
    Kazuma nodded. "Very observant of you. You've gotten a good deal of it right: the reason I'm using a sekkiseki weapon is an attempt to master my own Reiatsu control, and by extension, my Zanpakutou. I've had Shikai for the better part of a number of decades, yet I've only started truly mastering it now." Then he looked back at her. "You neglected to mention that should I use such a sword as this Gantou* in combat, my attacks would have great impact but limited variation. Additionally, I'd need a great deal of space to swing it.

In short, the easiest way to defeat me under such conditions would be combat in a limited space. That is assuming you do not trust me to switch to unarmed combat or another weapon on a whim - but you'd have a chance nonetheless.

Now tell me. What are Kitano Takeshi's strengths and weaknesses?"

Spoiler
    Show
    *Gantou = rock sword.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-17 at 10:03 AM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Kazuma nodded. "Very observant of you. You've gotten a good deal of it right: the reason I'm using a sekkiseki weapon is an attempt to master my own Reiatsu control, and by extension, my Zanpakutou. I've had Shikai for the better part of a number of decades, yet I've only started truly mastering it now." Then he looked back at her. "You neglected to mention that should I use such a sword as this Gantou* in combat, my attacks would have great impact but limited variation. Additionally, I'd need a great deal of space to swing it.

In short, the easiest way to defeat me under such conditions would be combat in a limited space. That is assuming you do not trust me to switch to unarmed combat or another weapon on a whim - but you'd have a chance nonetheless.

Now tell me. What are Kitano Takeshi's strengths and weaknesses?"

Spoiler
    Show
    *Gantou = rock sword.
    Aya nods at Kazuma's explanation and she begins to check her memories for Takeshi's fighting style.

"He fights as expected of a Captain-level Shinigami, he mixes kidou with zanjutsu, though his zanjutsu display is limited to my immediate knowledge. Granted he plays to his intelligence through tactics and timing. As kidou is his specialty, and he has shown himself capable of augmenting his defenses with Seki and uses Hakudo spells often. He has yet to display any Hakuda strikes, so I have nothing factual. His shunpo is accurate and quick, able to appear behind me just as he began to enter free fall.

He also figured out a spell that replicates a Cero. I have fought a few Menos, the sort of mechanism behind his spell is somewhat similar.

It is his shikai that I am worried against. According to testimonials from Shishiou as well, his shikai releases opium smoke constructed from his reiryoku. The narcotic effects are strong and quick, furthermore, his shikai elicits a sensory-deprivation (neither Aya not Shishiou stuck around much for the full effect, but darkness came first) darkness as well. In my tactical opinion, he could simply use his shikai to bide his time in stealth until his attackers succumb to the darkness and narcotic smoke effect.

However, given the circumstances of our fight. It was my first time in combat with him, and I could tell he was holding back."
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-17 at 10:32 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

"So not only must you fight deprived of your senses, you have a time limit as well.

If his shikai emits something that behaves the same way as opium smoke does, you will slowly lose tactile sensation, and over time, your lungs and heart will simply stop. You will need to fight off the effects somehow. You can use your Reiatsu to try and disperse some of the smoke, but you will become exhausted more quickly. So no matter what you do, you will have to avoid a battle of attrition.

Increasing and mantaining one's Reiatsu is relatively simple to do with training, but I'm afraid the method I'm currently using is far too harsh for you.

What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Ren Karashi

Ren approaches Aya from afar, having been watching her from the 10th Division for some time. "Aya-Senpai. Kazuma-san." He nods. "Captain Takahashi sent me to give to a message. I observed some of your training, as well." He holds out a message for Aya.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aya:
    During your training, I expect you to train your combat skills first and foremost. However, you must do so while drinking during each training session. I will contact you when I am out of the hospital.
    -Taiki
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

Katisugo Ichimyouri

After Katisugo had taken his leave from the 12th Headquarters for what he hoped would be the rest of the day he strolled along in Seireitei, he eventually found himself at the 11th Division and decided to pay them a visit. He had heard Michiko was wounded in the attack on Soul Society a few days ago. Eventually after asking around he found his way to the 11th Garden where some unseated 11th said he had seen her go to.

Katisugo strolls in enjoying the fragrant aromas lofting around. After a minute or so he spots Michiko lying on a bench resting he assumed. He also notice the little bouquet of yellow acacias on the bench that he observes briefly. Katisugo then takes a seat leaning against an archway in the garden near her just gazing up towards the clear blue skies.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2011-05-17 at 05:04 PM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

[11th Division gardens]

It was hard for the soldier not to frown. It was saddening to see Michiko's former majesty change into this woman now before him.

And yet... she seemed so peaceful. Like the weight of the world had finally left her shoulders.

It was a bright and beautiful day, with nary a breeze. It was something befitting her newfound calm.

Kazuma decided to keep watch over his sleeping former captain. It gave him time to think. To meditate, about what he was fighting for. And yes, it crossed his mind that he may one day tire of war just like his captain did. What would he have to look forward to? What would he be proud of? Would he even stop completely?

These questions wandered his mind as he sat, cross-legged, not far from Michiko's position.
    It takes an hour or so before Michiko stirs. She coughs and shivers before opening her eyes, milky orbs drowsily wandering over her surroundings. "Oh. Amagatsu-san, isn't it?", she asks when she notices him. "Nice to see you. Are you here to escort me out?"

---

[10th Division, 11 days after the collapse of Maggot's Nest]

Akio's and Karite's stay in their shared cell has been... uneventful, to say at least. Their only company, in addition to each other, has been their guards, who've been hell-bent on ignoring the two incarcerated officers.

Their monotony finally comes to an end on the eleventh day after their arrest, when the guards make way for four members of a correctional squad, garbed in white from head to toe, their faces concealed by veils.

"Mitsukai Karite and Yama Akio. You will come with us"
    , one of them says with a bonechilling voice, before nodding to one of the 10th Divisioners. "Blindfold them."

The guards proceed to do just that, and soon the two (perhaps former) members of 13th find themselves walking through twisting corridors and pathways, red power-suppressing cuffs weighing down their arms and rough cloth blocking their vision. Sure, they can still feel Reiatsu, but it's of little comfort - since they've not received any news of the outside world for more than a week, little meaning can be derived from the everyday life of Seireitei.

Eventually, after what conspicuously felt like a winding flight of stairs, the two are told to halt. It's nigh-impossible to tell how far they've been brought from their cells, but judging by the amount of steps they must have descended, they must be deep underground.

Then, their blindfolds are removed and it becomes apparent where they've been guided. Numbered plagues surround them as they stand on a small stone platform, under the scrutiny of Central 46.

"Mitsukai Karite, Vice-Captain of 13th Division of Gotei, and Yama Akio, 3rd Seat of the 13th; you've been brought here to hear our verdict"
    , the voice of an aged woman sounds from their left.

"Know that this is not a hearing; your case has already been investigated and decided upon in an impartial manner"
    , and elderly man continues from before them. "You should know that our decision is final; you will not have the chance to complain or appeal to any other authority."

"We will start by passing sentence on Mitsukai-fukutaichou", a feeble whisper, yet still clear in its content, comes from their right. "You've been found guilty of acquiring powers of a Hollow. Under our law, this unacceptable of a Shinigami. Under normal circumstances, you'd be considered a Hollow and summarily dealt with as such; however, since it appears our military is short of high ranking officers, the Commander-General has suggested we spare your life. Likewise, your own Captain does not hold it against you."

"As this transformation seems to have been largely unwilling and unforeseen, we are willing to permit your return to service, with some conditions. First of all, you will have a Power Limiter placed on you at all times, even when not on a mission in the mortal realm; being at one-fifth power at all times should allow your peers to dispose of you should you show any further signs of Hollowfication. Second, you will be put on probation. Your wage and all other priviliges of a Vice-Captain are temporarily on hold for as long as your superiors deem necessary. We will give Onmitsukido orders to watch your every step. Should it turn out your gaining of Hollow qualities was intentional, they have full right to purify you on spot."

"Now, as for you, Yama-san", the elder woman picks up, "your case was presented to us upon suspicion of high treason. It was suggested you were the one who let former Public Enemy Number One into Seireitei and caused the lamentable situation we're now in."

"As only circumstantial evindence has been displayed and new, stronger suspects have presented themselves, we've deemed you not guilty. However, you have still been deemed guilty of unlawful entry to the mortal realm, absence without leave for more than five days, as well as assault on fellow officer. While it's no concern of us, we've received word from your Captain that you will be stripped from your rank and all related privileges. You will resume service as an Unseated warrior. For further details on your new duties, you should contact your closest superior officer."

Well, there you have it. At least neither of them was sentenced for execution, or worse. "You will be blindfolded again for the time it takes to lead you our of the Central compound", the Onmitsukido guard whispers with a cordial tone. "You'll be free to go on your way after that."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    "So not only must you fight deprived of your senses, you have a time limit as well.

If his shikai emits something that behaves the same way as opium smoke does, you will slowly lose tactile sensation, and over time, your lungs and heart will simply stop. You will need to fight off the effects somehow. You can use your Reiatsu to try and disperse some of the smoke, but you will become exhausted more quickly. So no matter what you do, you will have to avoid a battle of attrition.

Increasing and mantaining one's Reiatsu is relatively simple to do with training, but I'm afraid the method I'm currently using is far too harsh for you.

What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses?"
    Good question. Aya thinks to herself. I have done much all these while, but I never could really figure out myself very accurately. Have I been paying attention to the wrong things as well? "I wield two blades which helps me shower the enemy with strikes. However, I lack raw power or the momentum and strength of using two hands on one weapon. I have the speed to match most Captains and this lets me avoid attacks easily. I have attained an excellent grasp of Bakudo and healing spells, but am only mediocre with Hakudo. I am well trained in Hakuda, specializing in grapples, throws, restraints and knock out strikes.

I am training with my zanpakuto spirits a form of swordplay that enables me to feel the enemy's strikes as I parry them, to stick my weapon onto theirs as I continue to feel their movements through their weapon. By reacting at the same time as they, I can ensure a continued series of parries and blocks while invading their space by remaining close to them. Through this I must also be as accurate as I can with the right amount of strength and vector to execute my blocks and parries in order to conserve strength. I know I do not have raw muscle power, hence I should not get into a situation where I have to overpower a block. Just tap to negate the attack vector and riposte immediately.

I am also training my movements to be as little as possible, and to always keep one foot grounded and acting as the pivot for my body to move around on, effectively forming two radius of movement. This helps reduce the need to shunpo away from attacks, putting unnecessary distance or disrupting the combat flow between myself and my foe. It also helps increase my reaction options if I just stay close to the target. However, if the enemy has a means of discouraging close proximity, I can always revert back to my hit and run tactics.

And I think that's about it."

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Ren Karashi
    Spoiler
    Show

Ren approaches Aya from afar, having been watching her from the 10th Division for some time. "Aya-Senpai. Kazuma-san." He nods. "Captain Takahashi sent me to give to a message. I observed some of your training, as well." He holds out a message for Aya.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aya:
    During your training, I expect you to train your combat skills first and foremost. However, you must do so while drinking during each training session. I will contact you when I am out of the hospital.
    -Taiki
    Aya's eyes pop wide as she reads the note, the advice given sounds ridiculous yet makes sense at the same time. This training would prepare her better against Takeshi's Shikai.

"Kazuma-san, it appears my Captain has instructed me to to train my combat skills while drunk."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

18. - Top - End - #228
    Bugbear in the Playground

Karite's head was in a whirl. He grimaced at the thought of a permanent seal.

"Doubt I'll keep my position for long with that keeping me back..."

But he brightens up at the fact that he'll remain a Shinigami. And dead.

Wait, that makes no sense. Oh well. A man steps forward, readying the seal. Karite sighs, holding out his forearm for the seal.

The man decides instead, to seal his eye.

Karite barely flinches as the kido blasts his eye, creating a miniscule flower in his left iris.

"That really was unnecessary." He lets his sleeve drop.

He bows towards the Central 46, and says in a humble tone,

"I am grateful for your leniency towards my actions Central. I shall return to Seireitei and report to Natsuko-taichou immediately."

He waits, impatiently, as he's blindfolded and led back.

[Thirteenth Division]

Anyone entering the grounds will see Karite staring at his desk. Covered with paperwork.

"Man, I hate it when this stuff piles up..."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good question. Aya thinks to herself. I have done much all these while, but I never could really figure out myself very accurately. Have I been paying attention to the wrong things as well? "I wield two blades which helps me shower the enemy with strikes. However, I lack raw power or the momentum and strength of using two hands on one weapon. I have the speed to match most Captains and this lets me avoid attacks easily. I have attained an excellent grasp of Bakudo and healing spells, but am only mediocre with Hakudo. I am well trained in Hakuda, specializing in grapples, throws, restraints and knock out strikes.

I am training with my zanpakuto spirits a form of swordplay that enables me to feel the enemy's strikes as I parry them, to stick my weapon onto theirs as I continue to feel their movements through their weapon. By reacting at the same time as they, I can ensure a continued series of parries and blocks while invading their space by remaining close to them. Through this I must also be as accurate as I can with the right amount of strength and vector to execute my blocks and parries in order to conserve strength. I know I do not have raw muscle power, hence I should not get into a situation where I have to overpower a block. Just tap to negate the attack vector and riposte immediately.

I am also training my movements to be as little as possible, and to always keep one foot grounded and acting as the pivot for my body to move around on, effectively forming two radius of movement. This helps reduce the need to shunpo away from attacks, putting unnecessary distance or disrupting the combat flow between myself and my foe. It also helps increase my reaction options if I just stay close to the target. However, if the enemy has a means of discouraging close proximity, I can always revert back to my hit and run tactics.

And I think that's about it."

Aya's eyes pop wide as she reads the note, the advice given sounds ridiculous yet makes sense at the same time. This training would prepare her better against Takeshi's Shikai.

"Kazuma-san, it appears my Captain has instructed me to to train my combat skills while drunk."
    "That's... incredibly unusual. Does your Captain hope that you become able to overcome the intoxicating effect of Takeshi's Shikai over time?" Kazuma scratched his head somewhat.

"Well, back to what we were talking about... your best bet if you want to beat Takeshi is to keep him pressured and within melee range at all times. Your weapons are well-suited for that - the simple fact you wield two swords rather than one will already force Takeshi to be on his toes. With few exceptions, Kidou is meant to be used at medium to long range, not close quarters; you will have a definite edge over Takeshi if you can manage to knock the air off his lungs, hit his throat or attack his jaw."

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [11th Division gardens]

It takes an hour or so before Michiko stirs. She coughs and shivers before opening her eyes, milky orbs drowsily wandering over her surroundings. "Oh. Amagatsu-san, isn't it?", she asks when she notices him. "Nice to see you. Are you here to escort me out?"
    Kazuma smiled. He was glad that Michiko remembered him. It was best he could expect of being able to touch his now former captain's life, considering how much she'd touched his own.

"I've come to pay my respects to you, Michiko-tai-- err, Michiko-san." He looked a little embarassed over that little slip of the tongue. In fact, there was a little hint of a blush on his cheeks.

Michiko had never actually seen Kazuma blush before.

The warrior walked up to his former Captain and presented her with the flowers he'd chosen for the occasion. That they were the same flowers given by a secret admirer weeks prior was a mere twist of fate. But Michiko probably didn't know that.

"For the time I served under you, I learned many lessons. Not just in swordsmanship and battle - but kinship, determination, motivation. You've been a stern but just commander, and because of you, I'd like to think I became a better Shinigami and a better man - even though I've still got a long way to go.

It may be a long while before I become a man worthy of the lessons you've taught me. But when that time comes, I know who I'll have to thank for it.

You've earned your peace a thousand times over, Michiko-san. And from now on, I vow to protect that peace."
    With that said, Kazuma bowed deeply towards his former Captain. He hadn't taken his shades off, but he was really bad at hiding the fact his eyes were misting over.

She'd never seen that, either.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-17 at 06:25 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

11th Division Garden

Katisugo continues to sit by the archway at the garden, his navy blue sun hat tilted to cover the majority of his face. A small grin appears on his face, hearing Kazuma's words to his now former Captain. Katisugo himself was a little shocked when he learned that, but pushed it out of his mind. He mumbles a phrase in English while continuing to listen.
    Heh, heh. Kazuma, nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground

13th division, Hayashi Izumi's office

A quiet yet incessant knocking pounds throughout the division headquarters as Akio leans against the heavy wooden door to the office of Fouth Seat Hayashi. He nearly falls over as the door is swung open, the soft face of Izumi turned into a scowl which would break any man not so used to it.

"My blade, Lady Hayashi. I'm back for her." He says as he stumbles in past the now less hostile officer.

"They let you out already!? I thought they'd put you in a hole for at least a few years. Smarten you up a bit." Izumi may be talking to him like a child, but the razor sharp blade he's asking for is still procured and handed to Akio.

"Central didn't do anything. It was Captain Hayashi that told them to strip me of my rank and throw me out as an unseated officer of thirteenth." Akio slides the sheathed sword back into his obi, the familiar weight visibly settling him. No longer does he look lost and afraid. The fury that had brough him through the ranks was back. He looked as if he'd attack Geister himself if he had to.

"Captain Hayashi stripped you of rank? Less than you deserve for that stunt. You left the division completely in shambles you know. Vice-Captain Karite was out of the picture and Capain Hayashi had just given birth! You completely shirked your duties and left your post for what? To go prove that you could beat the longest standing hollow threat in the motal world? By Yourself? You're lucky they didn't execu-"I know. I'm not fit to lead thirteenth division in any circumstance. That's why we have you." Akio steps toward the door, away from the judgemental eyes and voice of his former subordinate. "And I never went to fight Elder. I went to ask her a question." He then leaves the division ground to prepare himself for active duty the following day. Hayashi Izumi stands silent and shocked, her mouth agape as he closes the door. Akio can hear the clop from the other side as she shuts her mouth loudly.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

[11th Division - Senkai Gate]

Ryouichi steps out of the gate with a pensive look.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [11th Division - Senkai Gate]

Ryouichi steps out of the gate with a pensive look.
    Masaru shuts the keyboard on the mobile console after typing out a last couple of commands.

"You don't even have a sword drawn. And no declaration of all-out war. Considering what went down over there, that's a pleasant surprise."

The mild smirk is erased as he voices his next question.

"How badly did it go?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

[11th Division - Senkai gate

Kazuo arrives from the distance - on a small truck - with an isolation cell.

His face pops on the Kazuo-vision Masaru was using as a terminal.

"Good to see you back general, now get ready to climb into the isolation unit so I can take you to decontamination. Masaru, I want you to drop your strongest fire kido anywhere Ryouchi steps."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"That's... incredibly unusual. Does your Captain hope that you become able to overcome the intoxicating effect of Takeshi's Shikai over time?" Kazuma scratched his head somewhat.

"Well, back to what we were talking about... your best bet if you want to beat Takeshi is to keep him pressured and within melee range at all times. Your weapons are well-suited for that - the simple fact you wield two swords rather than one will already force Takeshi to be on his toes. With few exceptions, Kidou is meant to be used at medium to long range, not close quarters; you will have a definite edge over Takeshi if you can manage to knock the air off his lungs, hit his throat or attack his jaw."
    Aya nods. "I suppose I should get started. Would you like to be my sparring partner? I could use some real-time combat practice for this new phase of training."

Flash stepping into the Division lounge and back to the training grounds in three seconds, Aya returns with a large bottle of strong sake. She holds the bottle and looks at it, looking somewhat undecided in drinking during duty hours.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kazuo has a message appear on his screen from Katisugo that was sent about 15 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Katisugo Ichimyouri
    Kazuo,

I have prepared two formulas of the Spore Sterilization Spray for usage in decontamination processes. One is the original formula that was created to counteract the spore blight years ago. The second is a modification to the formula done by me called Spore Spray Three-Theta. It has an increase spore neutralization effect, with no added effects I could note, granted only a few safety tests were done on it. The results for both are below.

Original Formula Results:
    ---
    ---56.4% Spore Neutralization---
    ---7.3% Spore Resistance---
    ---
    ---Estimated 100% Spore Neutralization:
    ---
    ---98.2 Seconds

Spore Spray Formula Three-Theta Results:
    ---
    ---72.1% Spore Neutralization---
    ---6.3% Spore Resistance---
    ---
    ---Estimated 100% Spore Neutralization:
    ---
    ---34.8 Seconds

The choice is yours Captain, which one you feel like using for the decontamination processes. Best Wishes.

--Katisugo Ichimyouri
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2011-05-17 at 08:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    [11th Division - Senkai gate

Kazuo arrives from the distance - on a small truck - with an isolation cell.

His face pops on the Kazuo-vision Masaru was using as a terminal.

"Good to see you back general, now get ready to climb into the isolation unit so I can take you to decontamination. Masaru, I want you to drop your strongest fire kido anywhere Ryouchi steps."
    Masaru blinks, then nods as a grim expression crosses his face. He begins the full chant for Haien, but after the chant, he seems to hold onto the Kido.

"Strongest one I know that won't blow up the gate and such. can't go turning this place into a crater."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Ren Karashi

Ren watches, interested, but saying nothing. When Aya returns, Karashi seems even more intrigued. "By the way... I believe, Aya-senpai, that our Captain has a viable plan. You will need practice against foes that can use Takeshi's style of combat. I, for example, fight with a great deal of Kido, which may be helpful in your training. Something to think about. May I watch?"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

[11th Division]

"Yeah, I suppose it could have been wor...se."

Ryouichi sighs. "...Let's get this over with quick. I'm not in the mood." The commander general makes his way for the isolation cell.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Such act is, however, of very questionable wisdom in the presence of an equally competent sorceress who has all the reasons to take casting of forbidden Kido as sign that Yuuta is siding with his rebellious master.

"Rikujōkōrō!", Sayuri shouts, snapping her fingers, even as her free hand darts to the hilt of her Zanpakuto. Six rods of blinding light smash against Yuuta's arms and midriff, anchoring him in place and crushing him harder than iron bands. In but a split of a second, Sayuri has closed the miniscule distance between them and drawn her sword, standing on her desk and holding the blade against Yuuta's throat. The sound of Shunpo still echoes in the room as she begins speaking.

"Vice-Commander Yuuta"
    , she states non-chalantly. There's a deep frown on her face, and barely-restrained fury burns in her cold eyes. "I assume you came here by lawful means, since the guards have let you in. If that is so, I must ask you, why ruin that guise now?"
    Seiko walks to Sayuri's office door and stops, trying to compose himself. How could he tell the Commander-General that Michiko had resigned? Unfortunately, he had to. He knocked on her door. He had gone to her first because the Commander-General had been quite busy lately, and he wanted to make sure with her first that the Ryouichi-sama was even available. He prepared himself to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "For as long as it takes me to best Eien Uzumaki. Perhaps a week, perhaps a day. Maybe longer. It will be an opportunity for you to grow in power as well. Third will need to be strong for the future I'm building." Magatsu sighed and looked out the window again. "And any minute now I'm going to be swamped with paperwork about today's mess. You'll be notified when it's time to leave, Nasumi. Dismissed.

He waited for her to leave before sitting at his desk and massaging his temples. Today had been far too frustrating. Always a struggle for respect, always fighting tooth and nail for every scrap of recognition. It was a battle that couldn't always be solved by tearing Eien Uzumaki through its spine, which galled him.

He blinked in surprise to find his Zanpakutou embedded in the wall, neatly cleaving a vase in half, where he'd angrily hurled it without realizing it. No, not a good day at all.

He was still in his office some time later when word finally reached him of Michiko's resignation and the Kido Corps' desertion. The expression that twisted its way across his lips came nowhere near resembling a smile, suggesting something closer to impending evisceration of the extended family of anyone he looked at before some finger-painting with their viscera. Magatsu stood and wrenched his blade out of the wall and drove it home into its scabbard with altogether too much force.

Eleventh is left without a Captain, Second weaves its own schemes, and our sorcerers betray us. Seireitei is rotting from within. I need to move faster.

We'll fix it, Magatsu. We'll fix everything. Blood is always the best grease for progress...

I'll kill whoever I have to. Betrayal, abandonment, plotting... I won't stand by and take it anymore. I'm through being a pawn. Seireitei is being devoured by incompetence and treachery, and I will take my vengeance on all responsible.

The mortals say that when you embark on a journey of revenge, Magatsu, you should dig two graves. The ghost of a hyena's smile whispered through the Vice-Captain's mind. They underestimate us.

Magatsu stalked out of his office in search of Daisuke. Things had to be put in order.
    Daisuke sat in his office, still swamped with various work. And there he would stay until something appropriately important interrupted him.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.