New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Ren Karashi

Ren watches, interested, but saying nothing. When Aya returns, Karashi seems even more intrigued. "By the way... I believe, Aya-senpai, that our Captain has a viable plan. You will need practice against foes that can use Takeshi's style of combat. I, for example, fight with a great deal of Kido, which may be helpful in your training. Something to think about. May I watch?"
    Aya bows gratefully at Ren. "Your help and feedback is greatly appreciated. Please do."

Stepping onto the training ground proper, with the rest of her squad watching, Aya tilts her head back and proceeds to empty the bottle of sake in large gulps. Tossing the empty bottle at one of her squad members, who proceeds to grab it easily out of the air, Aya takes a defensive stance, her feet already beginning to wobble just a slightly wee bit.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

"I suppose you should fight blindfolded and on ice, too. But let's not get too realistic before I have a good measure of your capabilities."

Kazuma hefted his Gantou with relative ease.

"Anytime you're ready, Aya-san."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(OOC: Post content deleted, post counter left in place to not disrupt links or whatnot.)
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-05-18 at 06:54 AM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Such act is, however, of very questionable wisdom in the presence of an equally competent sorceress who has all the reasons to take casting of forbidden Kido as sign that Yuuta is siding with his rebellious master.

"Rikujōkōrō!", Sayuri shouts, snapping her fingers, even as her free hand darts to the hilt of her Zanpakuto. Six rods of blinding light smash against Yuuta's arms and midriff, anchoring him in place and crushing him harder than iron bands. In but a split of a second, Sayuri has closed the miniscule distance between them and drawn her sword, standing on her desk and holding the blade against Yuuta's throat. The sound of Shunpo still echoes in the room as she begins speaking.

"Vice-Commander Yuuta"
    , she states non-chalantly. There's a deep frown on her face, and barely-restrained fury burns in her cold eyes. "I assume you came here by lawful means, since the guards have let you in. If that is so, I must ask you, why ruin that guise now?"
    Yuuta does not even try to struggle as the bars disrupt his inverted Tenteikūra, causing the ominous orange glow to wink out. In the dimmed light of the room, the effect of the Vice-Commander's blank expression is only broken by the lost look in his eyes. "I have not, nor will I ever, lie to you, Sayuri. I took great care in ensuring that none of your own were made aware of my presence. My motivation for doing so is the same as the reason I am here in the first place: I could not think of anyone else I could trust."

In spite of the spell binding him, Yuuta forces his head back so as to provide the Vice-Captain a cleaner target. "In my delirious state, I grew careless with my self-inflicted use of Hakufuku. When I finally came to, the Corps' compound had been reduced to a wrecked, ghost town. Given your reaction to my, albeit improper, presence I can only assume that the Commander has finally done something rash even by the standards that he has set for himself. Just what has transpired here?"
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2011-05-17 at 09:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

11th division

"Protocol is protocol sir. If you came within 30 feet of him there is always a risk of you being exposed to spores or blight."

The cell closes behind Ryouichi, and Kazuo calls Masaru over to the truck.

"If it helps, the new cells have an integrated communications system, so you can still discuss the events with Masaru and I."

Mostly with Masaru.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I suppose you should fight blindfolded and on ice, too. But let's not get too realistic before I have a good measure of your capabilities."

Kazuma hefted his Gantou with relative ease.

"Anytime you're ready, Aya-san."
    In a single flash step, Aya appears in front of Kazuma with her twin blades raised as if about to strike but disappears instantly to reappear behind her opponent, striking his right knee from behind as her raised blades appear to be held in anticipation of a strike.

This is her usual opening move, with variations on what she will do once behind her opponents. However, with an entire bottle of sake in her system, executing this once flawlessly perfected move is taking slightly more strain to control than ever, resulting in a split-second delay.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

Not only that; Kazuma had watched her train. The fact she used Shunpo to get on his face meant she intended to open his guard - there was no reason she couldn't have simply run up to him and done the same.

And because she's a young officer, that makes her next move even more predictable.

"You shouldn't rely on getting behind your opponent with Shunpo to strike."

He says this even as he blocks Aya's strike behind his back with his Gantou - without turning. Her blades are held in place for a moment, before Kazuma flips the weapon sideways with a flick of his wrist and uses a short-range variation of Shunpo to push the rock in her direction using his back.

Gouhaouken ryuu Kongou Sanshiki: Tetsuzankou.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

As her weapons stick to Kazuma's, Aya lifts her feet off the floor the moment she begins to feel Kazuma's body preparing a short-burst Shunpo to shove her back. As a result, taking advantage of the reishi-absorbing properties of Kazuma's weapon, Aya's blades stick a little more firmly onto the weapon as she rides the push while staying on Kazuma at the same time.

Aya grunts as she is still trying to get used to sticking and riding her opponent's momentum, but she can definitely hear her zanpakuto spirits squealing in glee as she executes the 'flow' somewhat perfectly.

After the momentum dies down, Aya's lightweight frame allows her to flip onto Kazuma's weapon, landing a kick down on the heavy blade as her blades attempt a cross cut at his chest, while keeping her other foot firm on the Sekkiseki weapon.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

11th Division Garden

Spoiler
    Show

Kazuma smiled. He was glad that Michiko remembered him. It was best he could expect of being able to touch his now former captain's life, considering how much she'd touched his own.

"I've come to pay my respects to you, Michiko-tai-- err, Michiko-san." He looked a little embarassed over that little slip of the tongue. In fact, there was a little hint of a blush on his cheeks.

Michiko had never actually seen Kazuma blush before.

The warrior walked up to his former Captain and presented her with the flowers he'd chosen for the occasion. That they were the same flowers given by a secret admirer weeks prior was a mere twist of fate. But Michiko probably didn't know that.

"For the time I served under you, I learned many lessons. Not just in swordsmanship and battle - but kinship, determination, motivation. You've been a stern but just commander, and because of you, I'd like to think I became a better Shinigami and a better man - even though I've still got a long way to go.

It may be a long while before I become a man worthy of the lessons you've taught me. But when that time comes, I know who I'll have to thank for it.

You've earned your peace a thousand times over, Michiko-san. And from now on, I vow to protect that peace."
    With that said, Kazuma bowed deeply towards his former Captain. He hadn't taken his shades off, but he was really bad at hiding the fact his eyes were misting over.

She'd never seen that, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Katisugo continues to sit by the archway at the garden, his navy blue sun hat tilted to cover the majority of his face. A small grin appears on his face, hearing Kazuma's words to his now former Captain. Katisugo himself was a little shocked when he learned that, but pushed it out of his mind. He mumbles a phrase in English while continuing to listen.
    Heh, heh. Kazuma, nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.
    A weary smile makes its way to Michiko's thin lips. "Oh, please stop, Amagatsu-san. You're making me blush." She takes the flowers, admires them for a moment, and then puts them on the ground besides her feet. "It warms me to know that... my service hasn't been in vain. This division has... come such a long way. You have my graditude for your willingness to... to keep it..." Michiko stoups to cough for a moment, raising her wrinkled hand before her mouth.

"Excuse me. I didn't know it was so cold here. I really should get myself some thicker clothes"
    , she apologizes, trying to find a jesting tone to her words. Then she catches an indistinct form at the corner of her eyes.

"Oh? Who is there?", she asks, turning to look at Katisugo. "By all means, don't be shy. If you mean to say good bye, now would be time. You'll regret it awful lot if you don't before I leave."

---

[1st Division, temporal stasis in Sayuri's office]

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yuuta does not even try to struggle as the bars disrupt his inverted Tenteikūra, causing the ominous orange glow to wink out. In the dimmed light of the room, the effect of the Vice-Commander's blank expression is only broken by the lost look in his eyes. "I have not, nor will I ever, lie to you, Sayuri. I took great care in ensuring that none of your own were made aware of my presence. My motivation for doing so is the same as the reason I am here in the first place: I could not think of anyone else I could trust."

In spite of the spell binding him, Yuuta forces his head back so as to provide the Vice-Captain a cleaner target. "In my delirious state, I grew careless with my self-inflicted use of Hakufuku. When I finally came to, the Corps' compound had been reduced to a wrecked, ghost town. Given your reaction to my, albeit improper, presence I can only assume that the Commander has finally done something rash even by the standards that he has set for himself. Just what has transpired here?"
    There's a glint of disappointment in Sayuri's eyes and her frown deepens. "I did not think you an addict, Yuuta-san. I truly hoped you were above the manners of your childish protegé." She eyes the field of stopped time, though never becoming less alert or less ready to cut Yuuta's throat should he try to chant a single spell.

"Yes, he has finally snapped. Maybe because, at the face of current chaos, he needed a calm and reasonable presence, and one was not there for him." Her voice is calm, but it could hardly be more accusing.

"He's destroyed the Kido Corps; stolen or burned to the ground the archives we've upheld from the dawn of time. Fled, perhaps to the welcoming embrace of our worst enemies. And, if I recall his beliefs right, it's out of some naive idealism and desire to better the world. I can't fathom how he can hold such delusions, when he's... robbed Seireitei of a millenium of its history, caused a... wound to the cause of all Shinigami that will take centuries to heal, but I suppose I should not assume to know what goes on in that drug-addled brain of his."

It seems Sayuri's come to some form of a conclusion, as he lets her left hand briefly leave the hilt of her sword, to recite another spell. "Footprints on the riverbed; crushing sands of time; stream that washes away sins of life; resume your flow! Hanki!"

For a moment, the world turns black and white for the pair. Then, there's a shattering sound as the Jikanteishi surrounding them is broken. Yukimura Seiko might find himself facing a rather odd scene from the open office door.

"This is not time for foolish notions of personal trust", Sayuri hisses to Yuuta's ear. "Kitano Takeshi has proven himself a criminal worse than the late Public Enemy Number One ever was. Anything dealing with him is a matter for all of Seireitei. It is my wish that you will come and co-operate willingly - I'd hate to force you, seeing you've come this far already."

"You've already cast a Forbidden Kido - a crime worthy of exile, as you should know. I can't promise much, but if your knowledge proves to be helpful, I will make my best so it won't be held against you in your trial."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-05-18 at 06:25 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [11th Division]

"Yeah, I suppose it could have been wor...se."

Ryouichi sighs. "...Let's get this over with quick. I'm not in the mood."
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    11th division

"Protocol is protocol sir. If you came within 30 feet of him there is always a risk of you being exposed to spores or blight."

The cell closes behind Ryouichi, and Kazuo calls Masaru over to the truck.

"If it helps, the new cells have an integrated communications system, so you can still discuss the events with Masaru and I."

Mostly with Masaru.
    Masaru nods and hops onto the vehicle, choosing to sit in the passenger seat and open the communications link.

"So, that's one disaster avoided. I've been thinking on how to address the actions of the former Kido Commander, beyond my recommendation for someone to fill said slot.

Specifically, I know how to beat him at his own game. After all, putting aside the risk brought on by his absence and his theft of documents, there exists another threat: That people will think he's right.

You and I know he's far off-base, but does everyone in Soul Society know that? I say we need to arrange for you to speak directly to any and all forces within the Seireitei, likely via "telecast". There, you can acknowledge the partial truths the whining brat spoke, then crush their meaning underneath the full measure of truth.

He said nobles don't care about the Rukon. It's true that some don't, but some do. We can present proof. I know my family keeps detailed records of all their activities, including the charitable ones.

He said we don't police the Rukon with Shinigami. We explain why we don't want Might to Make Right.

You get the picture. He went off half-cocked and likely half-stoned. We'll be in full possession of our faculties, and will have carefully planned our moves. By the time we're done, his "noble" little speech won't have ground to stand on. And we won't have had to speak a single lie to do it.
    "

His grin was positively vicious.

"As for the brat himself, we should make it a standing order to collect as much information as possible about his fighting style. What his overall skills are, what Kido he favors, and if he released his sword, what observed abilities it had. A few run-ins should give us a good enough picture to then make hunting him in earnest easier."

He frowned.

"I don't like the thought of him running wild in the Mortal World. There's deep risk for the mortals there, risk he likely doesn't care about. What if he sets off some Kido or another in the middle of the city, just to "make a point"?"

He shakes his head.

"Worry for another time. As for the Ghost King...I'm not sure where to go from here."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-05-18 at 07:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

11th Division Garden

A weary smile makes its way to Michiko's thin lips. "Oh, please stop, Amagatsu-san. You're making me blush." She takes the flowers, admires them for a moment, and then puts them on the ground besides her feet. "It warms me to know that... my service hasn't been in vain. This division has... come such a long way. You have my graditude for your willingness to... to keep it..." Michiko stoups to cough for a moment, raising her wrinkled hand before her mouth.

"Excuse me. I didn't know it was so cold here. I really should get myself some thicker clothes"
    , she apologizes, trying to find a jesting tone to her words. Then she catches an indistinct form at the corner of her eyes.

"Oh? Who is there?", she asks, turning to look at Katisugo. "By all means, don't be shy. If you mean to say good bye, now would be time. You'll regret it awful lot if you don't before I leave."
    Katisugo peers over hearing Michiko calling him over. He gets to his feet tilting his hat to reveal his face.
    I didn't want to interrupt you and Kazuma's chat Michiko-sama.
    He walks over to the two with a faint grin.
    I heard the news of your resigning some time ago, but I wanted to know for myself. It seems like all the old Captain's are finally packing it in.

He takes a seat by the two on the ground taking out a bottle with tea in it.
    Well, I suppose all I can really say is that some congratulations are in order, and may the rest of your days be the best and most peaceful.
    He pours some tea for himself and then offers some to Michiko or Kazuma.
    Oh course I'm sure you have no intention of leaving us yet, eh Michiko?
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2011-05-18 at 09:11 AM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Taiki just looks at Natsuko, smiling. "How is Sereitei doing?"
    "Still recovering. My 3rd seat managed to get his ass busted down to unseated, the idiot, and Karite's gone and gotten a permanent limiter."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

[11th Division Garden]

"All the old Captains?", Michiko asks, confused. Ever since returning from Rukon, she's been quite out of the loop about many of the recent events. "Do you mean... someone else has resigned as well?"

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

11th Division Gardens

Katisugo frowns a little, despising the idea that he would have to be the bearer of such sad news. He takes a long drink of tea before finally answering.
    Well...Osamu-taichou. Just a few days ago he...well he passed on.

Katisugo bows his head in silence, almost feeling it necessary at the moment.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

[QUOTE=KnightDisciple;11015736]
    [11th Division]

"Yeah, I suppose it could have been wor...se."

Ryouichi sighs. "...Let's get this over with quick. I'm not in the mood."

Masaru nods and hops onto the vehicle, choosing to sit in the passenger seat and open the communications link.

"So, that's one disaster avoided. I've been thinking on how to address the actions of the former Kido Commander, beyond my recommendation for someone to fill said slot.

Specifically, I know how to beat him at his own game. After all, putting aside the risk brought on by his absence and his theft of documents, there exists another threat: That people will think he's right.

You and I know he's far off-base, but does everyone in Soul Society know that? I say we need to arrange for you to speak directly to any and all forces within the Seireitei, likely via "telecast". There, you can acknowledge the partial truths the whining brat spoke, then crush their meaning underneath the full measure of truth.

He said nobles don't care about the Rukon. It's true that some don't, but some do. We can present proof. I know my family keeps detailed records of all their activities, including the charitable ones.

He said we don't police the Rukon with Shinigami. We explain why we don't want Might to Make Right.

You get the picture. He went off half-cocked and likely half-stoned. We'll be in full possession of our faculties, and will have carefully planned our moves. By the time we're done, his "noble" little speech won't have ground to stand on. And we won't have had to speak a single lie to do it.
    "

His grin was positively vicious.

"As for the brat himself, we should make it a standing order to collect as much information as possible about his fighting style. What his overall skills are, what Kido he favors, and if he released his sword, what observed abilities it had. A few run-ins should give us a good enough picture to then make hunting him in earnest easier."

He frowned.

"I don't like the thought of him running wild in the Mortal World. There's deep risk for the mortals there, risk he likely doesn't care about. What if he sets off some Kido or another in the middle of the city, just to "make a point"?"

He shakes his head.

"Worry for another time. As for the Ghost King...I'm not sure where to go from here."
    "Don't be so positive Masaru, as the saying goes, 'first impression is what matters', and Takeshi gave the first impression. Truth may sway a portion of those who are torn, but another good portion will see it in negative eyes and those who believe him fully will just get worse."

Kazuo checks the files sent to him by katisugo and postpones both. By the time he is back at 12th and ready to apply the agent it should be ready for 99% certainty of effectiveness.

"I do wonder why everything goes to blame on the Gotei 13, we are a militar organization for the Spirit King's sake, urban infrastructure is not our job. Nor is it the Kido Corp's for that matter, or even that of the noble houses, it is the Central 46's."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh", Michiko stutters. "Oh. Is that so?" She'd lie if she'd claim she was ever very close to the geezer - but he'd been a constant in her life for ages. A pillar of Gotei, seemingly capable of weathering the worsts of blows time could throw at him.

"It was a natural occurrence, right? Well, I hope he'll find happiness in his new life. The cycle has waited for him for a long time."
    In the end, death for Shinigami is not such a sorrowful thing - after all, there is no judgement, just... erasal, of duties and burdens. A turn of the cycle, and the chance to begin again.

"If you'd kindly send my regards to his family... Ichi... myori-san, wasn't it? You're Kazuo's men, I gather. It's sad this happened at such an inopportune time. I regret I could not take part in his funeral."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh", Michiko stutters. "Oh. Is that so?" She'd lie if she'd claim she was ever very close to the geezer - but he'd been a constant in her life for ages. A pillar of Gotei, seemingly capable of weathering the worsts of blows time could throw at him.

"It was a natural occurrence, right? Well, I hope he'll find happiness in his new life. The cycle has waited for him for a long time."
    In the end, death for Shinigami is not such a sorrowful thing - after all, there is no judgement, just... erasal, of duties and burdens. A turn of the cycle, and the chance to begin again.

"If you'd kindly send my regards to his family... Ichi... myori-san, wasn't it? You're Kazuo's men, I gather. It's sad this happened at such an inopportune time. I regret I could not take part in his funeral."
    Katisugo nods silently.
    Yeah, you could say he died on his own terms. I'll be sure to pass your condolences to his family.

Katisugo sits there silently thinking to himself. He then speaks again in a little cheerier tone, looking up to the sky.
    You know...A great person once said; "Every man dies. But not every really man lives." I think that Osamu had lived his life to the fullest...he lived for his division, his comrades, his family...and for Seireitei.
    He turns to Michiko and Kazuma.
    I believe thats all we could really asked for in our lives...I'm sure we've all lived to accomplish something.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

Katisugo nods silently.
    Yeah, you could say he died on his own terms. I'll be sure to pass your condolences to his family.

Katisugo sits there silently thinking to himself. He then speaks again in a little cheerier tone, looking up to the sky.
    You know...A great person once said; "Every man dies. But not every really man lives." I think that Osamu had lived his life to the fullest...he lived for his division, his comrades, his family...and for Seireitei.
    I believe thats all we could really asked for in our lives...I'm sure we've all lived to accomplish something.
    "I agree. Finding a worthy cause to live for, a direction to take your efforts... it's no easy task. It's not just a matter of knowing who or what to fight for, for us Shinigami. It's also about finding joy and taking pride in what we do." He looked at Michiko. "Michiko-san... Would it be alright if I brought you some tea leaves I've cultivated in the past few months?" He reached out for her hand, in case she wanted to get up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    As her weapons stick to Kazuma's, Aya lifts her feet off the floor the moment she begins to feel Kazuma's body preparing a short-burst Shunpo to shove her back. As a result, taking advantage of the reishi-absorbing properties of Kazuma's weapon, Aya's blades stick a little more firmly onto the weapon as she rides the push while staying on Kazuma at the same time.

Aya grunts as she is still trying to get used to sticking and riding her opponent's momentum, but she can definitely hear her zanpakuto spirits squealing in glee as she executes the 'flow' somewhat perfectly.

After the momentum dies down, Aya's lightweight frame allows her to flip onto Kazuma's weapon, landing a kick down on the heavy blade as her blades attempt a cross cut at his chest, while keeping her other foot firm on the Sekkiseki weapon.
    Now this was a fairly unexpected move. Aya seemed a better opponent than Kazuma gave her credit for, apparently. He can, however, sense her acrobatic frame moving about, and when her body shadows his slightly for the cut, he points his palm upwards towards her chest.

"Hado 1: Sho."

Ordinarily, Sho has a strong but not overwhelming push. However, Kazuma's casting of the very same seems to have a comparable power to, perhaps, a level 5 Hado in terms of potency. As such, if Aya is hit, she will find herself flying REALLY high.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Now this was a fairly unexpected move. Aya seemed a better opponent than Kazuma gave her credit for, apparently. He can, however, sense her acrobatic frame moving about, and when her body shadows his slightly for the cut, he points his palm upwards towards her chest.

"Hado 1: Sho."

Ordinarily, Sho has a strong but not overwhelming push. However, Kazuma's casting of the very same seems to have a comparable power to, perhaps, a level 5 Hado in terms of potency. As such, if Aya is hit, she will find herself flying REALLY high.
    Whatever caused her to feel slightly tipsy had also allowed her to relax as the alcohol begins to run faster through her system. Remembering Kazuma's statement about someone using his weapon could switch to Hakuda or Kidou when faced with an opponent sticking dangerously close makes Aya smile. Now he has only 1 hand to hold that big weapon.

Bending downwards like a performer giving a final bow, Aya lets her twin slash go uncommitted, no longer caring if they hit or not. As she does so, Aya leans forward so that her body moves further into Kazuma's personal space in order to get behind the hand that is casting Sho. Lifting one feet Aya rolls sideways away from Kazuma and at the same time kicking the wrist that holds the Gatou.

Not good. Aya thinks as her vision begins to blur. That kick is far too weak to even do anything. Slamming a fist onto the floor, Aya executes a last minute shunpo to appear on Kazuma's other flank.

"Bakudo 1. Sai!" slurs Aya as she tries to bind Kazuma's arms behind his back. At her level of expertise, Sai's power feels like a level 8 Bakudo.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Aya uses Sai.

Sai is ineffective!

The Bakudou doesn't seem to so much as cause Kazuma to blink. What just happened?

Kazuma swings his Gantou one-handed, a wide arc in Aya's direction. At first it doesn't seem like it'll even reach her - but then a shocking gust of wind buffets Aya following the swing.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

[1st Division, temporal stasis in Sayuri's office]

There's a glint of disappointment in Sayuri's eyes and her frown deepens. "I did not think you an addict, Yuuta-san. I truly hoped you were above the manners of your childish protegé." She eyes the field of stopped time, though never becoming less alert or less ready to cut Yuuta's throat should he try to chant a single spell.

"Yes, he has finally snapped. Maybe because, at the face of current chaos, he needed a calm and reasonable presence, and one was not there for him." Her voice is calm, but it could hardly be more accusing.

"He's destroyed the Kido Corps; stolen or burned to the ground the archives we've upheld from the dawn of time. Fled, perhaps to the welcoming embrace of our worst enemies. And, if I recall his beliefs right, it's out of some naive idealism and desire to better the world. I can't fathom how he can hold such delusions, when he's... robbed Seireitei of a millenium of its history, caused a... wound to the cause of all Shinigami that will take centuries to heal, but I suppose I should not assume to know what goes on in that drug-addled brain of his."

It seems Sayuri's come to some form of a conclusion, as he lets her left hand briefly leave the hilt of her sword, to recite another spell. "Footprints on the riverbed; crushing sands of time; stream that washes away sins of life; resume your flow! Hanki!"

For a moment, the world turns black and white for the pair. Then, there's a shattering sound as the Jikanteishi surrounding them is broken. Yukimura Seiko might find himself facing a rather odd scene from the open office door.

"This is not time for foolish notions of personal trust", Sayuri hisses to Yuuta's ear. "Kitano Takeshi has proven himself a criminal worse than the late Public Enemy Number One ever was. Anything dealing with him is a matter for all of Seireitei. It is my wish that you will come and co-operate willingly - I'd hate to force you, seeing you've come this far already."

"You've already cast a Forbidden Kido - a crime worthy of exile, as you should know. I can't promise much, but if your knowledge proves to be helpful, I will make my best so it won't be held against you in your trial."
    Despite the scenario, the expression betrayed by Yuuta's upturned eyes relaxes into a state of genuine serenity. He calmly whispers his reply to the Vice-Captain. "While your claim of addiction puzzles me to no small degree, I am relieved that the faith I have placed in your stark sincerity remains thoroughly founded. The Corps has already been undone and thus, until its' records have been restored and it can be founded anew, the potential for my exile would (frankly) mean precious little to either myself or the Soul Society."

Risking the ire of Sayuri's apparent hair-trigger, Yuuta lowers his head to return his gaze to the former's eye level. "-however, despite the fact that I'd expect nothing less from you, Vice-Captain, I do find your reflexive habit of resorting to shotgun diplomacy to be highly inappropriate. Unaware what had occurred during my much needed downtime, I took a chance that my now former Commander's suspicions had not come to fruition by simply being here. It has always been my policy to co-operate with the Gotei on matters of import, but if intimidation tactics and threats from a supposed peer are all that I can expect from the other side of the table, perhaps a forced exile would be for the best after all."
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2011-05-18 at 01:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

[En Route to 12th]

Ryouichi considers for a few moments.

"There is certain merit behind Masaru-san's suggestion. Ryou-taichou, can you set up stations where such an address might be viewed by each squad in whole?"

"...As for the Ghost King, I believe it may be in our best interest to set up negotiations at the next available opportunity. I hate to ask so much of you, Ryou-taichou, but might you also be able to send a non-biological messenger? Our enemy may be sophisticated enough to not strike down a messenger, but it is always better safe than sorry."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Despite the scenario, the expression betrayed by Yuuta's upturned eyes relaxes into a state of genuine serenity. He calmly whispers his reply to the Vice-Captain. "While your claim of addiction puzzles me to no small degree, I am relieved that the faith I have placed in your stark sincerity remains thoroughly founded. The Corps has already been undone and thus, until its' records have been restored and it can be founded anew, the potential for my exile would (frankly) mean precious little to either myself or the Soul Society."

Risking the ire of Sayuri's apparent hair-trigger, Yuuta lowers his head to return his gaze to the former's eye level. "-however, despite the fact that I'd expect nothing less from you, Vice-Captain, I do find your reflexive habit of resorting to shotgun diplomacy to be highly inappropriate. Unaware what had occurred during my much needed downtime, I took a chance that my now former Commander's suspicions had not come to fruition by simply being here. It has always been my policy to co-operate with the Gotei on matters of import, but if intimidation tactics and threats from a supposed peer are all that I can expect from the other side of the table, perhaps a forced exile would be for the best after all."
    Sayuri listens impassively, then glances out of the door at Seiko. "Yukimura-fukutaichou, I presume?", she asks. "Call an arrest squad. We need a pair of supressing hand cuffs." Then she sheathes her sword and jumps down from her table, stepping before Yuuta so that he can fully see her.

"I don't think you comprehend what the situation is, Vice-Commander"
    , she says sadly. "We've just been under attack. All signs point to it starting from within. Your previous master deciding to flee with some of our most valuable possessions places him under heaviest suspicion, and the stain of his actions spill over to you as well, seeing that you were his closest associate."

"Your use a forbidden Kido just to meet me does not help your case. Understand that seizing you for preliminary investigation is my duty. If you truly are innocent, then there's nothing between us - indeed, I hope I can enlist your help for solving this situation. But I can't allow you to wander in our headquarters at whim during martial crisis, not until culprits of this incident are caught."

"As long as the situation persists, we are not 'peers'. I'm Lieutenant of 1st, and you are an outsider who's illegally trespassing."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-05-18 at 02:25 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

[En Route to 12th]

"There is certain merit behind Masaru-san's suggestion. Ryou-taichou, can you set up stations where such an address might be viewed by each squad in whole?"

"...As for the Ghost King, I believe it may be in our best interest to set up negotiations at the next available opportunity. I hate to ask so much of you, Ryou-taichou, but might you also be able to send a non-biological messenger? Our enemy may be sophisticated enough to not strike down a messenger, but it is always better safe than sorry."
    "It has merit, agreed, but it will not be the final solution by any margin. As for negotiating with Las Noches, we could send out a compact videoconference device. Wouldn't be too difficult, we would just have to prepare an encripted signal for it."

The truck arrives at 12th division grounds, and Kazuo positions it on a dock, where the isolation cell is then lifted up by a claw and taken into the building. Kazuo himself hops off the vehicle towards a door next to the dock.

Ryouichi's first stop is the preliminary scanner, which accuses nothing.

"On the bright side sir, you won't need another bath all week. Cover your face."

Ryouichi's second stop is irrigation with the decontaminating agent followed by what is efectively a car laundry.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #265

Sayuri listens impassively, then glances out of the door at Seiko. "Yukimura-fukutaichou, I presume?", she asks. "Call an arrest squad. We need a pair of supressing hand cuffs." Then she sheathes her sword and jumps down from her table, stepping before Yuuta so that he can fully see her.

"I don't think you comprehend what the situation is, Vice-Commander"
    , she says sadly. "We've just been under attack. All signs point to it starting from within. Your previous master deciding to flee with some of our most valuable possessions places him under heaviest suspicion, and the stain of his actions spill over to you as well, seeing that you were his closest associate."

"Your use a forbidden Kido just to meet me does not help your case. Understand that seizing you for preliminary investigation is my duty. If you truly are innocent, then there's nothing between us - indeed, I hope I can enlist your help for solving this situation. But I can't allow you to wander in our headquarters at whim during martial crisis, not until culprits of this incident are caught."

"As long as the situation persists, we are not 'peers'. I'm Lieutenant of 1st, and you are an outsider who's illegally trespassing."
    Yuuta's brow slightly furrows. "Are you are referring to Takeshi's defection or am I to understand that there was still yet another attack on the Gotei while I was incapacitated? My actions here were a precaution against the possibility that the 13 had turned on the now non-existent Corps. It was a gamble between breaking a law in an attempt to avoid pointless violence or potentially losing my life due to my unwilling ignorance in regards to the drastic changes in the political atmosphere since I regained consciousness not long ago."

Yuuta eyes grow disinterested as he resumes his muted dialogue. "I am well aware of my position, now, Vice-Captain. Regardless of whether I am cast into exile, or found innocent of whatever madness apparently transpired the moment I let my guard down, my priority is the recovery of my fallen order's library. Whether or not we eventually work with, or against, each other in the pursuit of our goals is entirely up to you and the ruling of the court."
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

[11th Division gardens]

Spoiler
    Show
    Katisugo nods silently.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I agree. Finding a worthy cause to live for, a direction to take your efforts... it's no easy task. It's not just a matter of knowing who or what to fight for, for us Shinigami. It's also about finding joy and taking pride in what we do." He looked at Michiko. "Michiko-san... Would it be alright if I brought you some tea leaves I've cultivated in the past few months?" He reached out for her hand, in case she wanted to get up.

"Yes, tea would be fine"
    , Michiko whispers freely. "Thank you of your kind words, but I'd rather talk about something lighter now. It's been a rough day. I already know my Division will carry on with you... I might not be there to see it, but that's the price we all have to pay once. Nothing is truly immortal."

---

[1st Division]

Spoiler
    Show
    Yuuta's brow slightly furrows. "Are you are referring to Takeshi's defection or am I to understand that there was still yet another attack on the Gotei while I was incapacitated? My actions here were a precaution against the possibility that the 13 had turned on the now non-existent Corps. It was a gamble between breaking a law in an attempt to avoid pointless violence or potentially losing my life due to my unwilling ignorance in regards to the drastic changes in the political atmosphere since I regained consciousness not long ago."

Yuuta eyes grow disinterested as he resumes his muted dialogue. "I am well aware of my position, now, Vice-Captain. Regardless of whether I am cast into exile, or found innocent of whatever madness apparently transpired the moment I let my guard down, my priority is the recovery of my fallen order's library. Whether or not we eventually work with, or against, each other in the pursuit of our goals is entirely up to you and the ruling of the court."
    Sayuri's expression softens slightly, and she lets out a quiet sigh. "Since others of your organization were alerted earlier today, I suppose it's prudent to fill you in. Yes, there were several scattered attempts at sabotage earlier this day. Most of them did no real damage, but the most severe ones ended up collapsing one of our high-security prisons and setting a ward of 4th main hospital in fire. In addition, a group of Arrancars from Las Noches found their way through the Void and assaulted one of the Mid-Rukon districts. They were slain or repelled with minimal casualties, but I'm afraid they diverted our attention from a much more significant internal breach."

"If it eases your mind, it is my wish as well to recover the lost archives, should they still exist. Whether or not they do, your knowledge as the previous Kido Vice-Commander should prove most valuable in recollecting the information."

"Your testimony will without doubt also help us solve what is your previous superior's part in all of this. Don't sell yourself short, Yama-san. If you are innocent, you can be at ease. When we can be sure you will not desert to side with Kitano again, you can be almost certain to have Gotei's backing in your pursuit. Much hinges on your own honesty from now."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-05-18 at 05:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Pixie in the Playground

Sayuri would see a black butterfly soaring away from Seiko. "Already done, Sayuri-san. Now, may I ask exactly what is going on here?" The lieutenant seemed exhausted as he looked into the room, but his hand was already on the handle of his blade. If Yuuta knew how fast he was, then he would know that there was no escape past him.

"Should I come back later? You look a little busy."
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

[11th Division gardens]

"Yes, tea would be fine"
    , Michiko whispers freely. "Thank you of your kind words, but I'd rather talk about something lighter now. It's been a rough day. I already know my Division will carry on with you... I might not be there to see it, but that's the price we all have to pay once. Nothing is truly immortal."

---
    Kazuma is having a pretty hard time holding back the waterworks. And it shows.

"I'll be sure to tend to the Division's garden every day. And all seated directly under me, too." But she DID request a change of subject. Only... Kazuma didn't really know which subject to change it to. "So, um..." Think, man, think! "...read any good books lately?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

[1st Division]

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sayuri would see a black butterfly soaring away from Seiko. "Already done, Sayuri-san. Now, may I ask exactly what is going on here?" The lieutenant seemed exhausted as he looked into the room, but his hand was already on the handle of his blade. If Yuuta knew how fast he was, then he would know that there was no escape past him.

"Should I come back later? You look a little busy."
    "No, I believe the situation here is under wraps. Kyomon." Sayuri walks towards Seiko, facing Yuuta all the while, a transparent screen materializing between her and the Vice-Commander. "While we wait, would you mind me asking you had any business of your own here, Yukimura-san?" Hopefully, the 11th Division Lieutenant has enough good sense to not reveal any sensitive information while Yuuta is within hearing range.

---

[11th gardens]

Kazuma is having a pretty hard time holding back the waterworks. And it shows.

"I'll be sure to tend to the Division's garden every day. And all seated directly under me, too." But she DID request a change of subject. Only... Kazuma didn't really know which subject to change it to. "So, um..." Think, man, think! "...read any good books lately?"
    Michiko chuckles slightly. "No, I don't think I have. I have been quite busy lately", she rasps. "You make it sound like you have something in mind. Do you?"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Don't be so positive Masaru, as the saying goes, 'first impression is what matters', and Takeshi gave the first impression. Truth may sway a portion of those who are torn, but another good portion will see it in negative eyes and those who believe him fully will just get worse."

Kazuo checks the files sent to him by katisugo and postpones both. By the time he is back at 12th and ready to apply the agent it should be ready for 99% certainty of effectiveness.

"I do wonder why everything goes to blame on the Gotei 13, we are a military organization for the Spirit King's sake, urban infrastructure is not our job. Nor is it the Kido Corp's for that matter, or even that of the noble houses, it is the Central 46's."
    "I have worst-case scenario plans in place,and even now my staff is working on a fresh batch. But it helps my digestion if I try to stay positive.

Some will stay true to the brat's words, true. But others will realize how, ah, hollow they are. Even if we convince just a few, that's enough. We need to limit the number of further defections from the Kido Corps.

As for why they blame us? Because we're the most obvious source of blame. 10th patrols much of the Rukon, and others of our number go out from time to time. People likely resent us for having more power than them, even if we do not lord it over them. It's human nature, I suppose.
    "

Spoiler
    Show
    [En Route to 12th]

"Sounds like a sensible idea..."

Spoiler
    Show
    "It has merit, agreed, but it will not be the final solution by any margin. As for negotiating with Las Noches, we could send out a compact videoconference device. Wouldn't be too difficult, we would just have to prepare an encripted signal for it."

The truck arrives at 12th division grounds, and Kazuo positions it on a dock, where the isolation cell is then lifted up by a claw and taken into the building. Kazuo himself hops off the vehicle towards a door next to the dock.

Ryouichi's first stop is the preliminary scanner, which accuses nothing.

"On the bright side sir, you won't need another bath all week. Cover your face."

Ryouichi's second stop is irrigation with the decontaminating agent followed by what is efectively a car laundry.
    "Never said it'd be the final solution. Just the first step in trying to repair the damage.

I'm going to be working on plans to repel possible attacks from Takeshi and his traitors. I'll plan for everything from Takeshi by himself, to him leading half the Rukon and a handful of Arrancar on us. It won't cover everything, but it'll keep my people on their toes.
    "

He sighs and closes his eyes for a moment, shaking his head.

"All those books, burned...the drug-addled idiot. One wonders how he got the job in the first place. I blame his predecessor. She was just as paranoid and insane. We were simply lucky she never fully snapped."

When they stop, he stands and throws Ryouichi a bemused grin.

"Gentlemen, you know how to reach me. I have things to do, people to speak with, strategies to conceive."

With a blur of Flash Step, he was gone, and his pace didn't slow until he was outside 12th proper, now walking slowly down the path towards 8th Division.