New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [Hourglass of Zihaja] One Last Vote!

Well, after nearly three years, the Hourglass of Zihaja project is winding down, but we're not finished quite yet. There's still a few more things that we could do to make this setting even better, & we'd like your help in deciding what to do next. You may vote for any one of the following options. Please bold your vote for what you wanna see the most, so that it can be tallied quickly & accurately; other standard voting practices apply (IE no placeholder/contingent votes, limited vote changing, no disparaging others' choices, etc.). The winning option will definitely be used, & some runners-up may see inclusion, as well. This vote is primarily to gauge relative interest in the options, so that we can prioritize our efforts & give you what you want to see.

In that spirit, his vote will be a little different, as we also want to get an idea for what you don't want. To do that, we are allowing you to also vote for what you wanna see the least. These will count as -1 vote for the option chosen. Again, please bold your anti-votes, & mind the standard voting practices.

Lastly, write-ins are allowed, but keep in mind that we are trying to wrap things up, so we're not interested in cramming in wholly new concepts. The "Arabian Nights/Desert Fantasy" theme is even more open & expansive than most people realize, but I'm officially banned from slipping in even a single flying robot horse. Voting will conclude... as soon as we have enough votes.

In-depth descriptions of the voting options are in the spoiler below:

Spoiler
    Show
    • Najmah Races: You've seen the demons, the devas, & the devils, but to truly understand the world of Najmah, you need to know about the other major races. The genies once ruled two continents with their magic & their might, before they traded it all away in a pact gone wrong. The houris are what mortals aspire to be: perfected versions of themselves, striving to break the cycle of reincarnation that binds both worlds. And the mysterious rakshasas dwell in the darkest of places, in lands where angels & devils alike dare not tread, for they intend to bring about the end of all that walk & breathe & fear & hope...
    • Monster Races: The primary races of Siraaj have been covered in detail, but there are other beings that live under the sun, creatures with cultures & practices all their own. The leonine aazlai have a rich animistic tradition & a proud warrior ethic, based on honor & duty. The desert centaurs are caught in a bitter stalemate with the steppe centaurs, one that threatens to explode into violence as a long-held peace accord has been broken. And the pahari live most of their lives under the waves, in a tense relationship with the marid genies & in constant fear of the dreaded Dandan.
    • Organizations: In a world without nations, where an empire is viewed as a mistake from past ages, people still gather together. There are still guilds, cartels, & corporations of all types & sizes. Some are religious, while others are secular. Some are good & kind & benevolent, while others are selfish & destructive & dangerous. Find out what organizations pervade the worlds of the Kamala.
    • Shrine of the Imprisonment: To some, he is God. To others, he is a myth. And to others still, he is evil incarnate. Johoum was a demon lord who destroyed a nation, scattered a people, & founded a church. He was sealed away over five hundred years ago… but now, some of his most fervent followers want to release him. The chase begins now, & will lead into the depths of both worlds, & beyond. This dungeon adventure is suitable for four 20th-level player characters.
    • Colossus of the Ral Zadi: For centuries, the great statue in the Red Sands has fascinated people. Appearing & disappearing seemingly at will, it is symbol of a long-past age, a time of magic & mystery. But now, a key has been found which is said to unlock the secrets of the Colossus, & more than one group has vowed to claim it. Part dungeon, part artifact, the great statue could even be the key to reaching God’s Gate. This dungeon adventure is suitable for four 10th-level player characters.
    • 1,001 Adventuring Ideas: The Hourglass of Zihaja is a place where a thousand different stories can be told, & here’s the list to prove it. Broken down by the party’s average level, this list will provide any DM with a guide to the Kamala, so that they are always ready to take their players on a brand new adventure.
    • Age of Kingdoms Map: This setting is obviously designed to be played in the year 355AF, but that’s not the only time of excitement & danger. Before the rise of the Empire of Admaja, the Central Continent was ripe with peril & opportunity in equal measure. Vast nations flourished, magic was practiced openly, & the land was green with life. Travel back to a different age, with different peoples & different troubles. Travel back to the Age of Kingdoms.
    • Just the PDF: No more new stuff, just give us the PDF already!

{table=head]To Do|Positive Votes|Negative Votes|Score
    Najmah Races|+3|-1|+2
    Monster Races|0|0|0
    Organizations|+4|-1|+3
    Shrine of the Imprisonment|+1|-5|-4
    Colossus of the Ral Zadi|0|-3|-3
    1,001 Adventuring Ideas|+3|-1|+2
    Age of Kingdoms Map|+1|-1|0
    Just the PDF|0|-1|-1[/table]
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2011-08-13 at 11:48 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Hourglass of Zihaja] One Last Vote!

Monster races. Sorry, change that to Najmah Races. Just remembered that the rakshasa are covered in it.

Also, one question. Would monster races cover Ghuls?

In any case, I am voteing against the Shrine of the Imprisonment.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-07-26 at 03:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I dunno, I've been itching to kill Johoum for some time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    He's already a bear that turns into a bear that gets so angry it turns into a bear, worships bears, and commands bears, all while riding a bear. He has enough bear.
    There's never enough bear.

4. - Top - End - #4

I vote for Organizations; I wanna see my Knives, damnit!

I vote against monster races. Seriously, enough with the races already.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

I vote for Organizations.
    I'm voting against Shrine of the Imprisonment.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

I vote for Organizations.
    I vote against Najmah Races.

The Organizations seem so interesting, it'd be a shame to lose out on them.
    Domriso's Homebrew Compendium - A collection of all of my homebrew, throwing in my own design philosophy and my conceptions for possible new things.

Geomancy, Runic Magic, probably more at a later date:
    Come see my Homebrew!

Ever heard of the Ultimate Classes? They're pretty sweet. Check them out here.

I've had an interview over at Tellest! You should go see!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm voting for 1001 Adventure Hooks because I feel that would be very important to the setting

I'd vote against Colossus of the Ral Zadi because a DM could make that dungeon himself using other material, and it seems somewhat hard to work into a larger storyline.
    Last edited by Omeganaut; 2011-07-27 at 09:46 PM.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Curious how the first installment gets its final vote this week before the PDF will roll out and at the same time the first thread of the second installment is rounding up on page 50 with the vote for the setting title. Perfect.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

All votes are currently tallied. Keep 'em coming.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

1001 Ideas. DO WANT.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

+1 for the Age of Kingdoms map.

-1 for the Shrine of the Imprisonment.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

All votes are currently tallied. Keep on voting, please.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I actually want to see both Organizations and Adventuring Ideas. Blaaargh.

Anyways, downvote Age of Kingdoms Map. While it might add something, I think the above two add more and I'd rather not have the map endanger their entry.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Shrine of imprisonment +
    Organizations-

15. - Top - End - #15

1001 Adventuring Ideas +
    Shrines of Inprisonment -
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.

Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I actually want to see both Organizations and Adventuring Ideas. Blaaargh.
    Unfortunately, I cannot grant you two positive votes, as that would set a bad precedent, so I must ask you to choose one. For the record, Organizations is currently the underdog.

Also, all other votes are currently tallied. Please keep voting, & thank you to those who have already done so.

17. - Top - End - #17

Change my NEGATIVE VOTE from Monster Races to 1001 Adventuring Ideas.

Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

18. - Top - End - #18

+Organizations -Colossus of the Ral Zadi

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

+Najmah Races

Hmm...
    -Just the PDF
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    He's already a bear that turns into a bear that gets so angry it turns into a bear, worships bears, and commands bears, all while riding a bear. He has enough bear.
    There's never enough bear.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

All other votes are currently tallied. Please keep voting, & thank you to those who have already done so. I'm gonna keep this open for another couple of days, just to make sure that everyone has a chance to vote.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Yes on Najmah Races
    No on Shrine of imprisonment

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, the voting is concluded, & the winner is...

Organizations!

Well, I guess that's it. I was surprised by which things got voted down more than which got voted up. I would have thought that the dungeons would have been more popular, & that a quick PDF would have been an easy choice. I would be curious to know who some people voted the way that they did.

True to my word, I will post the Organizations section, & then go off & compile the PDF. I imagine that the PDF will contain a few little extras, & I will likely work on things to add in for supplemental material. For those would didn't get what they wanted, rest assured that I have things written about every voting option & will perhaps one day throw them all into the project before I close the doors on this chapter of my life for good. Expect the Organizations to be posted... when their done.

Until then, thank you all for supporting this setting, & I hope that you have enjoyed experiencing this & we have had making it.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2011-08-13 at 08:57 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

My Organizations vote was shamelessly obvious; I contributed to them and I wanted to see the end results. I downvoted Monster Races because we have more than enough details on the races that actually matter to the setting, and then swapped my downvote against Adventuring ideas firstly because I wanted Orgs to win, but secondly because I'm more than creative enough to come up with my own ideas.

Or pester 'Fro for them.

My extended homebrew sig

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    I would have thought that the dungeons would have been more popular
    Anything that would be convenient or awesome for you, they vote against. Come now, it's practically Rule 1 of these things!
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Oops, just realized that voting finished......
    Last edited by Chess435; 2011-08-24 at 08:11 PM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo