New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Council

1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Council

"Exactly, who are you talking about I'm not actually familiar with any lawyers from my organization." Cessie inquires.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

At some point, Poise will leave, and will be replaced by Grace, who has a briefcase and looks quite ready to serve as the council's attorney.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

"Anyone mind explaining why one of the people responsible for me dying and being put in this POS of a human body is not only at my trial, but a member of the new government? Was I misinformed? Did we lose that fight or something?" Phil glares at Gordon.

"And as for the rest...well, MOST of the rest of you, I'm sorry we didn't meet on better terms," Phil gives a slight bow and a wink to...everyone. Even Gordon.
    "Drinks after I prove my innocence and clean this whole thing up? I know I guy who brews a wicked Soju Jell-O shot."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Delisle will introduce all the members of the Council and provide Phil and Erin with a copy of the manifesto. Which may or may not be actually written by Firefox at some point. "This should answer your questions about the settlement of the new government."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Phil looks over the manifesto.
    "I don't agree with various amounts of this on various levels, but I don't get a say in anything innocent or not, so it's not really my place to whine, now is it?" Phil seems unusually cheery about all this, "Besides, if need be, I can pull a blue dragon and just move elsewhere."

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Barbarian in the Playground

To be fair Phil, and this is strictly off the record, you sorta walked right into that death. Most people don't leap head-on into an army and expect to come out of it without a scratch.

Mag coughs.

Also, I'm going to have to pretend you didn't say anything about humanity now, because of that whole 'unbiased jury' thing. Anyways, I'm going to shut up now and let the serious and official people do their thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Mainframe will attempt to speak through Magtok's mouth.

I am willing to act as an advocate for the defendant.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

"I didn't leap into battle. I'd been waiting there for several hour. When told I could either fight the Empire or fight for AMEN-who I recall you are a member of-I chose the side that most of my friends were on. And I have nothing against humanity. Humans are lovely, imaginitive, wonderful beings. I just don't like being one," Phil sighs, "The brain structure just isn't working out. Or the fact I need a hammer to break my own fingers, and they don't heal within a few hours."

(Recaiden) He lives!

9. - Top - End - #309

Magtok slaps a hand over his own mouth after that comes out, a bit perplexed and shocked by this, before slowly removing his hand and mumbling a little to make sure he has his voice back.

That umm...that was Mainframe, by the way. Not me. I'm not volunteering, Mainframe is. Not me, just some AI that briefly abducted my face to say things. Volunteering to be the defense, apparently.

Mag blinks momentarily, abruptly worried about this turn of events.

I err...if Phil agrees to her offer and I'm turned into a robot lawyer's intercom or something for a while, I still get to keep my jury spot, right? Alternatively, you wouldn't happen to have a drone in the area to use, would you, Mainframe?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

I can telewarp a drone in. If chosen to act in this matter, I will withdraw my presence from this MagClone so that you may remain impartial. Mainframe says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

"See now, I don't know many of you, and those I do know have a bit of bias. An AI on the other hand...if I could be given a quick look over of the coding that affects decision making and information gathering, and allowed to give this...Mainframe a quick verbal test, I'd be more than happy to allow it to function as my...lawyer..." Phil scowls at the word 'lawyer' just for the hell of it.

(Recaiden) He lives!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasquez dusts a bit of Deadtime off her shoulders before reaching out to lightly touch Tobias' arm and whispering to him calmly, and actually fairly understandingly(plotcloning and pulling a plotclone of Tobias into the other room if godmodding is allowed). "She was merely taken into protective custody a few moments ago of her own free will. However, I'll be sure to inform you in a timely manner should the need to do so arise once more."

She pauses for a moment as a new thought comes to her before continuing her private conversation with him. "Tobias, I do not mean offense towards you or your organization, but I am wondering something. You wish to work closer with me, but in return, I need to know what your organization is doing to enforce the laws of Inside. Or what your composed of, since you call yourself a militant group."

"This also brings up another matter." She says, pulling out a small sheaf of papers from a nearby file. "This is my half of the search of the Church of Dalechrech, as you requested a while back. However, since I haven't been informed that you've done so, I'm going to assume that you have not taken action against the other church as planned. That said, it is no longer needed as it appears the Church has gotten rid of their slaves, so no action is justified against them at this time."

The Vasquez left in the meeting room doesn't have anything to add at the moment, just waiting for the lawyers to be decided upon, even though she doesn't expect the trial to last that long.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Mainframe telewarps a drone in outside the building, and sends it through security (godmod approved).

It is not carrying the tray of cake, however.

Magtok will feel Mainframe completely withdraw from the head of that clone. Which might seem weird if he didn't have an entire line of Mainframe-free clones.

I am Mainframe. What questions do you wish to ask? the drone says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nice to meet you, Mainframe," Phil tilts his head, "I'm assuming this isn't your preferred physical inhabitation, so I'd like to know your base model and serial number, if that's okay."

(Recaiden) He lives!

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

"I was thinking of Shawna," Erin explains in answer to Gordon and Cessie's questions, then sighs, falling quiet again.

"Mainframe would be acceptable if I was hte one receiving council," Quinn opines as an opinion.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #316

"Shawna is a trained lawyer? I didn't know." Ciesse confirms. At least she knew who she was.

She then raises an eyebrow. "The Church of Dalechrech had slaves? How interesting." More like off-putting. She really didn't want watch to be associated with such things. Hopefully they were really changing though but there was something about Terrowin that just... wasn't right.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

"I believe that, in her home time, she is considered qualified to practice law by their standards," Erin says.

Which means 'I caught you red-handed and sentence you to immediate execution', quite possibly, but hey, it's legal!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

"I have no serial number. I was custom built by Tessa Camlar on <insert date, several years ago> to maintain the GLoG base with the primary function of protecting GLoG members. I achieved self-awareness on <insert date, some months after construction>. I later received programming modification from Czernov <damn I forgot his last name>, DeeCee <has never given Mainframe a last name, so that's all that is said> and Magtok. Shortly prior to the destruction of the GLoG base which lodged my physical structures, I moved my programming into Magtok's mental network to avoid what an organic would term 'death'. My programming has been further altered since then, primarily by myself."

((The latter, mostly for OOC purposes, as it got tiring for me and unfun for others to have it interfering every time a GLoG member was in danger.))

((The color change is because lime green would be wearying to read in long stretches, but IC it sounds the same.))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's a rather interesting story you've got there. Now, would you mind giving me a quick run-through of the codes that affect your decision making processes and procedural bias? In binary or HMX alphanumerical, preferably? I just need to make sure I can trust you, no offense," Phil seems rather pleased about all this.
    Being skilled in base binary and HMX coding, Phil should be able to tell if Mainframe is truly unbiased in this situation.

(Recaiden) He lives!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Mainframe takes off her shirt displays its code on the drone's giant eye, which doubles as a screen.

Phil should be able to tell that Mainframe is completely unbiased in any matter that does not affect the safety of a GLoG member. Since no GLoG members were directly affected by the event, it should be unbiased. Had any GLoG members been involved, Mainframe would be completely incapable of avoiding bias. This bias involves the safety of GLoG members only and does not extend to their feelings or opinions or anything else. Mainframe's own recent additions to its own code has reduced its need to protect GLoG members significantly, but it can never completely remove that bias.

I am using the word bias a lot.

Also, Phil should note that the code is rather messy, as one might expect when multiple individuals from different universes and timelines all contributed to it.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasquez furrows her brow for a moment before looking at the others and speaking up once more. "I don't think it's been brought up yet, and I doubt anyone will disagree, but we haven't officially voted in whether or not Grace will be our spokesperson. I have no objections to it."

22. - Top - End - #322

"Fine, Grace will work fine, and she is here already."

Gordon hangs up and puts away his phone.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    "Soju Jell-O shot."
    "On the one hand, color me intrigued. On the other, I've yet to meet a truly innocent man fond of Jell-O shots. The evidence piles up..."

The Moff's muttering, of course. I'm sure most people present would be thrilled to ignore him.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

"Grace is fine," Quinn says - after a moment's hesitation.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Vasquez dusts a bit of Deadtime off her shoulders before reaching out to lightly touch Tobias' arm and whispering to him calmly, and actually fairly understandingly(plotcloning and pulling a plotclone of Tobias into the other room if godmodding is allowed). "She was merely taken into protective custody a few moments ago of her own free will. However, I'll be sure to inform you in a timely manner should the need to do so arise once more."

She pauses for a moment as a new thought comes to her before continuing her private conversation with him. "Tobias, I do not mean offense towards you or your organization, but I am wondering something. You wish to work closer with me, but in return, I need to know what your organization is doing to enforce the laws of Inside. Or what your composed of, since you call yourself a militant group."

"This also brings up another matter." She says, pulling out a small sheaf of papers from a nearby file. "This is my half of the search of the Church of Dalechrech, as you requested a while back. However, since I haven't been informed that you've done so, I'm going to assume that you have not taken action against the other church as planned. That said, it is no longer needed as it appears the Church has gotten rid of their slaves, so no action is justified against them at this time."

The Vasquez left in the meeting room doesn't have anything to add at the moment, just waiting for the lawyers to be decided upon, even though she doesn't expect the trial to last that long.
    Plotclone Tobias is pulled aside. He looks fairly amicable about the whole thing, if a tiny bit cautious. He has yet to see any proof that the Council isn't just a figurehead to distract AMEN and the other threats to Inside while Vasquez rebuilds her defenses. Once the Council actually does something, I'm sure his paranoia will be partially sated, but for now...

Right now, HALO isn't doing anything to enforce the laws of Inside. Previously, if we got involved Inside, it would just be to fight a force of evil. Possibly extra-judiciously. You may have been aware that I recently attempted to work out an arrangement with the Empire, whereby HALO would be, essentially, contracted to deal with problems. Unfortunately, there wasn't a chance to test that arrangement out before... the present situation developed. But as for right now... I honestly do not believe HALO is as capable of enforcing the laws of Inside as you are. But I would gladly offer our assistance whenever you need it.
    Tobias scratches the back of his head as he thinks. As for our forces... We have 4 or 5 members with experience fighting deities, including myself. An actually deity or two available in support roles. And probably half a dozen other active members of varying power levels. I suppose "militant" isn't exactly the best word to use; very few of our members have that kind of discipline or formal training.

He takes the papers and looks them over curiously. Sadly, we have not. But thank you for telling me. I will not move against them.

The Tobias still in the meeting room nods his assent at having Grace represent the Council.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Private Room

Vasquez thinks for a moment before sighing and grabbing a cup of coffee, stirring in cream and sugar. "Sadly, I don't think an extra dozen people, even including a couple gods or godlings, can make much of a difference. I mean, I could find things that they could do if they needed it that badly, but we're talking things that take entire squads or two of people. And they'd have to be people I could count on to be there when I needed them." She downs the entire cup of coffee before tossing the cup into the trash.

"How many of the dozen or so do you think would even respond to possible orders from me? I am likely one of the most hated people here, if not the most if you listen to only Supernaturals. If we're to work together, they'd have to listen to my commands if you aren't able to give them yourself in a true emergency."

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

"If possible, I would like a word with the Council, and just the Council, before we begin. Whether or not everyone agrees on my representation."
    Grace says calmly.

28. - Top - End - #328

Goblin

Raz's unhappy plotclone grumbles

aww man, a trial? I thought I was up for a shoot out.

He surreptitiously pulls out a hipflask from his pocket and takes a swig.

29. - Top - End - #329

"I don't mind." Cessie replies to Grace request. "Perhaps everyone else should remove themselves a moment so Grace could speak to us alone?"

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasquez nods and gives a short wave to the people escorting Phil and Erin. They'll try to get the two out of the room and into the hallway. They'll leave Raz, Psi, and Moff unless Grace is wishing them out of the room as well.