New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Council

1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Council

Vasquez stands and nods. "In that case, for your crimes, you are sentenced to a minimum of two weeks or the equivalent in the Penal Company. You will be kept restrained, and given over to Company Captain Jyarl for control and discipline. Should the need arise, you'll be tossed into battle alongside the rest of the convicts. Good luck." She goes to the wall and presses an intercom. "Send Jyarl in. This idiocy has gone on long enough."

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Phil snarls at Gordon.
    "You shut up, you're even worse than Vasquez."

And then Vasquez speaks.
    "Ah, so you'd decided what to do before you even know the full of what's going on out there, hmm? How did I know this was going to happen?"
    Phil grunts and shifts his arms. A disgusting popping sound comes from his shoulders as he twists his arms up and over his head.
    "Ugh, how do you humans deal with a body who's shoulders dislocate so easily? Now, anyways. The channels I intercepted were corporately owned, and therefore, in a capitalist society like our own, you can't punish me for hacking them unless it harms someone, which it didn't. The companies can sue me, and I will pay them. I will gladly pay you for what I HAVE done wrong, once you pay everyone else for all that YOU've done wrong."
    EDIT:
    "Also, hacking may be a crime, but I didn't hack. I merely intercepted them by using the same signal wavelength they used. There's nothing in the rules against that."
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2011-05-04 at 01:03 PM.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

"You don't even know me, Phil, or, as far as I can tell, Gordon for that matter." She says with a shake of her head. "And you're wrong. Hacking into those neworks, is against the law. Period. I'm sure they'll wish to sue you, but you're still pleading guilty to Hacking, a crime which you're being punished for and can no longer contest in court. No matter how you call it "not hacking". Intercepting and transmitting information on someone else's network is hacking. Period. And if people wish to sue you, that's Civil Law, not Criminal, and is another matter entirely."

The door opens and a man wearing black Remnant power armor, with blood red skull on one shoulder, enters. He carries a bulky bolt pistol on one hip, and carries a set of restraints similar to the pair Phil had on earlier. "This the one?"

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

"If you wish to bring charges against Vasquez or anyone else, I will continue to represent you," Mainframe says to Phil. Though its record as an attorney is 0-1, so maybe Phil would want someone else. >.>
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah...this is stupid. I'm wasting my time with you, trying to find the 'just' in 'justice'. It's obvious you just tossed this together to make what you do look like it has some sort of legal representation."

Phils pulls his arms down in front of him and slams himself against the wall to pop his shoulders back in. His finger traces a line of runes on his tattoos and they begin to glow and move, the clouds drifting about his arm, the gears turning. It's not magic, at least not arcane magic, but something else...something different.

And it doesn't work.
    "Huh," Phil shrugs, "Well, the point is, you've given me, what, three choices so far? All of which are ridiculous and don't bring into account the fact there was no trial and that this is no fit court or government. And, if I recall correctly, the Penal Legion is for rapists and murderers and horrible, horrible people. I'm none of those."
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2011-05-04 at 01:55 PM.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Bugbear in the Playground

(The blockers are still on, Tech. Teleporting in here is impossible.)

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    (The blockers are still on, Tech. Teleporting in here is impossible.)
    ((It's not teleporting))

(Recaiden) He lives!

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

((So what? Hologram projection? You need to explain.))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

((Tuatha live in the Otherworld, which is basically where all the fey in Irish folklore go to hide from humans. It's not magic, as in one tale, a druid pulled all the magic out of the area and the faeries he was hunting were still able to hide. It's just something they can do. The problem is that it's unstable, and leaves evidence, especially if they try to interact with humans. Hence, the heat signatures.))

(Recaiden) He lives!

10. - Top - End - #490
    Barbarian in the Playground

((It doesn't need to be magic. If it can halt Maggy's silly tech-based telewarping, it should just as easily be able to do away with not-magic magic teleporting. Also, reality anchors are in place, last I checked.))
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

((Fine then. Retcon time.))

(Recaiden) He lives!

12. - Top - End - #492

Gordon sighs. If you admit that you did do something wrong, you are going to be punished for that.

"Mr. Phil, you have pleaded guilty, for some of what you are charged with. In those cases, all that remains is the sentence. So, how about you spend some time in a holding cell, and then we can possiblely arrange for a trial."

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Given that the issue had been handed over to Remnant, and Grace really had no more patience for it, she takes her leave from the building at this time.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig follows after Grace, leaving the Council room for more or less the same reason. Viima gets up, stretches and follows her master.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

"You pleaded guilty." She says with a shrug. "Means trial's called off, and since I'm not here to waste time everyone's time, I'm dropping the other charges, no matter how deserving. Which means there's nothing to go to court about. And while you might know what goes in other Penal Companies, this one is different. Consider it prison for those with unusual resources as well as a reserve unit." She gestures for Jyarl to continue, and he'll step forward to begin putting restraints on him, the same kind as before.

"You were offered a much less restrictive sentence, and you declined before you even heard the terms. Are you willing to hear them now, or shall we take you away?"

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

"Because magic that forces me to do what you say is MUCH less restrictive. And court is for determining sentences, as well, at least in most places. Not France, though. Is this France? No...no...This wouldn't happen in France..." Phil sighs, "And I don't feel like maintaining the weapons given to the worst society has to offer. Although I guess I should be thankful you didn't just shoot me in the face. That's a start."

(Recaiden) He lives!

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn sighs, shaking her head.

Her player forgets whether Erin is in the courtroom or not at the moment.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

"The Mark of Justice would prevent you or anything you own from being in space or any sort of orbit for a period of three weeks, and would keep you from knowingly harming any member of our organizations except in self-defense. Other than that, you'll need to clean up the remains of the warehouse and help rebuild the area. If this isn't acceptable, I'm sure the Company could use someone of your talents."

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

"You don't own space, therefore, you cannot legally prohibit anyone from going up there. Also, Riv's a member of AMEN and I'm going to kill him, which you should consider a public freaking service. And these aren't excuse or anything, but do you REALLY want to rebuild something Riv apparently owned and filled with explosives, or protect any members of AMEN whatsoever? Oh, that reminds me, I AM going to be telling people that the malicious, evil, and nefarious people of the world get a say in their collective future. Now, I'll gladly pay for the repairs, and my offer to give the Empire-I'm sorry, the Remnant-free robots to help patrol the streets still stands, but there's no way in hell I'm working for you and I don't trust a single one of you to come anywhere near me with any sort of magic. To you, it may seem like I'm just being troublesome but I don't think you get just what I've been through even before all this, Vasquez. I don't know if you're aware of this, but I am far from a normal, mortal being. Or at least I WAS far from mortal. I'm not quite sure now. Different rules apply to me, at least in the Mundane, and different rules usually apply to how things go in these situations, at least in successful governments. I'm sorry, but a gaggle of fighty loits who got a couple of similarly minded folk to follow them about on their happy trails of destruction and law aversion aren't nearly as fit to run a country as...well...any decent politician."
    But Phil smiles.
    "But sure, Mark of Justice, why not?"
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2011-05-04 at 04:42 PM.

(Recaiden) He lives!

20. - Top - End - #500

"Excuse me."

Gordon stands up.

"Riv is no longer a member of AMEN, he was fired. And it appears that you don't understand the big picture. Since I am a part of the people making decisions about this city, I have an invesment in keeping things going smoothly. Being removed or not being a part of this body would remove my motivation for keeping things nice, which would be worse for the city."

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    "Excuse me."

Gordon stands up.

"Riv is no longer a member of AMEN, he was fired. And it appears that you don't understand the big picture. Since I am a part of the people making decisions about this city, I have an invesment in keeping things going smoothly. Being removed or not being a part of this body would remove my motivation for keeping things nice, which would be worse for the city."
    "Riv's not protected? Oh this just gets better and better. Also, I like the way you manage to blackmail someone who's already solidly proven they can kick your arse. We'll have to share a drink sometime."

(Recaiden) He lives!

22. - Top - End - #502

Gordon facepalms and sits back down.

"Are we done here, Vasquez?"

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

"Quinn, can you administer the Mark of Justice? Once that's done, we can be adjourned." Delisle says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

"If a Mark of Justice is to be administered, then I can perform it," Quinn acknowledges, although her look to Vasquez says 'and that will be the last we speak of this favor'.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-05-04 at 05:02 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasquez gives Quinn a nod before turning back to Phil. "And I didn't say you had to rebuild the warehouse as it was. Just build something in it's place. Other than this, we're done here."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-05-04 at 05:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmmm...There's several community projects I've been wanting to work on. Is it kickin' if some of my construction robots help?" Phil recalls several designs for schools and museums.

(Recaiden) He lives!

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

"That would be reasonable." Vasquez says as she waits for Quinn to set the mark on him.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm...Inside needs more schools. Museums. Places of learning in general. And I bet it'd be a nice kick in the face for Riv when he finds out his little boom-box has become a place of peace and prosperity and all that jolly nonsensical wonder."

(Recaiden) He lives!

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn stands, approaching Phil, a look of distaste on her face.

"For what it's worth, I don't like this any more than you do," she says in a low voice to him, as she reaches out to touch his forehead. And start casting the spell.

Erin watches silently. She doesn't like being near Quinn. Makes her skin itch.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

"For what it's worth, I think this is all utterly stupid but I'm still going to buy everyone a round or two when it's done," Phil grins, wincing when the magic does its work. His tattoos have carried some of the attributes his old self had into this human body, one being that certain magics and cold iron burn him like red-hot brands. His flesh sizzles and smokes a little, and a strained gasp escapes his clenched teeth.

(Recaiden) He lives!