New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Council

1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Council

Quinn nods, and completes the casting - before slumping back in her chair, looking exhausted and spent.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

"May I go now?" Phil asks, "I have things I need to pick up, people I need to see, and the offer of a free drink at Trog's still stands. Tell Cosmo 'Sigwhite's Grumpy Pal' sent you, Cosmo know's I'm good for it."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasquez will wave dismissively. "Go, and try not to cause any more trouble." She warns him, going back to reading reports.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

"Gotcha," Phil grins and walks on out.
    It's time to go...upgrade...this new human body of his.
    Because hyper-toroidal fusion springs for calf muscles lets you jump like a flea.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

And Erin turns to follow Phil out.

Quinn looks...knackered.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

Council Room

"Quinn, you may go and find a replacement now if you wish." Vasquez says before a plot clone goes to try and drag Magtok off to a more private room to discuss a few things.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

Council Room

Quinn nods respectfully to Vasquez, before heading off.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #518
    Barbarian in the Playground

A More Private Room

Magtok is dragged off! He briefly opens his mouth, to protest that he's already engaged to someone else, didn't know she was secretly blinking "KILL PHIL NOW" in Morse code at him earlier, had nothing to do with the notorious Watermelon Tragedy of '97, and has no idea where the zucchini salesman was buried.

He then thinks better of it, shuts his mouth, and waits for Vasquez to start the conversation. Best not to risk things by telling her things like that, her fuse is probably fairly short after all of that Phil nonsense.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-05-21 at 03:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

Private Room

Vasquez takes a seat with a sigh. "I guess it's time to rework the deal for MagSat access. What is it that you're wanting?" She asks, letting him set the bar.

10. - Top - End - #520

Private Ro-Wait, are Bold Tags Even Neccesary When There's Nothing Else Going On?

Mag blinks, taken aback by the abrupt question and the complete lack of subtlety. No jokes, no puns, no clever snide remarks, just straight to business.

Err, well, umm...at first I was thinking to have Mainframe write up some numbers and charge you a fee in gold every now and then, but I've got enough boring mundane currency as is.

He eases into both his seat and the discussion, clearing his throat before going on.

As you know, the MagSat is, for a wide variety of reasons, woefully vulnerable to any sort of attack that might be made upon it. There's been more interest in Nexus's orbit as of late, from the Imperial space station that I'd heard about before they vanished, to Phil's little whatever-it-is he's got up there. Since things have been going fairly well lately with the Council and such, I might be willing to reduce the price substantially if that space station's still around, and capable of providing some sort of looming and obvious threat to anyone who might try to harm my satellite. Maybe go as low as free, depending.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Private Room and Force of Habit

Vasquez listens and gives a slight smile at the end. "We'll be able to defend your MagSat with no problems. The station only received a partial loss, which has been repaired. Refittings have already been drawn up since the alien invasions. They only have to be put into practice."

12. - Top - End - #522

Private Room, Then. Post Looks Kinda Nicer With the Bold Tag Anyway.

Mag nods.

Sounds good, then. I'll drop by the station or send a Magbot sometime, just to float helplessly around outside and look at the exterior weapons while complaining about zero g conditions and a programmed distaste for floating around helplessly in space.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Private Room

Vasquez smiles a bit. "I'm sure those on station will appreciate it." She offers her hand for a shake. "Deal?"

14. - Top - End - #524

Private Room

Deal.

He shakes the extended hand with his own. One of these days he's going to have to start up a leftie handshake fad or something. There's just no way of effectively handshake-attacking an enemy with his right, and the last time he tried to bring both hands to bear in a handshake, to inject a sedative in some guy's wrist, he completely missed the vein and made an embarassing fool of himself. He also got headbutted and broke a few ribs that day, too.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

Council Building

A figure, dark-skinned, robed and red-haired, approaching from outside the city, walks up to the building and pauses. Inspecting it, then nodding almost in approval before heading up to the door.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

Since the Council has been let known publicly, the entrance is now obviously guarded with a pair of Remnant officials posted outside, at arms. There are more unobvious measures of course, but that's to be expected.

17. - Top - End - #527

Somewhere with a Window

Maggy stares down at the magical princess below with a cold, suspicious frown on his face. He'll eat his hat (The one that punches people who say the word 'dress') before he lets some smelly whatever-she-is in a robe and magically dyed hair come in and take a seat on the Council, making his own position and vote a tenth of the total power, instead of just a ninth. That's a whole 1.11111111 percent less power!

Hey Delisle? Or Vasquez? Or whoever it is that's been assigned to try to talk me into finally leaving this building and stop camping out underneath the meeting room table? Who's that tiny person with the freaky hair down there? Looks like a smelly Exalted, I think.

Can we shoot her on sight? Please? I've even got my own gun, I don't have to share with anybody! Pleeeease?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

Window

"Magtok, you already know the answer to that." Delisle says without looking up from her paperwork.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-05-30 at 03:59 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #529

Window

Kay, thanks. I'll try to take her down with one clean shot to the head, so she doesn't have time to use any of her fancy magic superpowers or giant magical robot dinosaur backpack.

He opens a window, points a gun out of it, and pauses, before tossing the weapon aside with a sigh. Fudge, Delisle's not even paying attention, is she? What's it going to take to get a cheap giggle at someone else's expense around here?

Alright fine, we both knew I was faking all of that. It's just been so long since Affidavit tried to stir up any sort of trouble, and with him in hiding...bluh, I really need to get another nemesis. Or think of some sort of clever bait to get Affy to jump up and take a laser to the face. Or a fiancée who isn't trapped in a temporal distortion field. Or a new hobby.

He pauses, lost in thought for a few minutes, before an idea hits him.

Is driving a car into PACK's front door, crashing through the halls and through a wall to kidnap a child, fix his brain so he sees reality correctly, and then drop him back off at the school illegal? If I follow the speed limit and don't hit anyone I should be fine, right?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

Window

"It so happens that PACK is outside Inside jurisdiction, but of course if the parent of said child was to bring a complaint, we'd have to investigate."
    Delisle says. "Do be careful about the collateral damage. You might want to go with a motorcycle through the window instead. I don't think you want to live with the guilt of crushing a bunch of kids with a collapsed wall if they're in the wrong place."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #531

Window

Mag pulls out a notepad, crosses something out, and writes "Build MagCycle, modify lights to create Tron-esque solid light trail effect. Build second MagCycle with actual Tron effect, mix up the two in testing and laugh when testing Magbots get exploded."

Right, err...I guess I could do that.

He's a little surprised that Delisle would suggest such a thing, even if it's clear she's only offering to keep him from accidentally hurting someone with a painfully stupid ide-

Wait, no, crap. Charity works at PACK and she'd use her pacifist powers of guilt to make me feel awful even if absolutely nobody got hurt at all. Blargh, I'd need to call and find out when she's off in the teacher's lounge or something and...ugh. I'll just ride in and take him on the way back home to NO, maybe.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

Window

"The elder Miss Evans took a leave of absence and is staying at HQ with Commander Edijar."
    Delisle says. "Is there any reason you're suddenly interested in child-snatching and illegal medical procedures?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #533

Window

Mag sighs, still staring out the window, wondering if anyone would suspect him if a piano suddenly dropped on that dark-skinned lady outside.

The kid was a NO member, had his brain tampered with by some guy who also messed with a clone of mine on a lesser scale, and now neither of them can see, or refuse to see that there's magic and elves and lasers and stuff in the real world. I told Dippy I'd fix the kid for him, for free, even, and he agreed to it, but I never heard from him since. He's just been letting the condition fester, waiting for someone a teensy bit more trustworthy to volunteer to do it instead, which could mean just about anything for when I finally get around to digging about in that prepubescent's noggin.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

Window

"Sounds like the responsible thing to do would be to just talk to Razortooth about it,"
    Delisle says. "Assure him that you'll keep your hatred of his goblin guts out of your brain surgery and that the two of you can go back to being antagonists after the kid is better."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Entrance

Since the Council has been let known publicly, the entrance is now obviously guarded with a pair of Remnant officials posted outside, at arms. There are more unobvious measures of course, but that's to be expected.
    The woman pauses as she reaches the door, nodding to the guards.
    "Good day. It would be appreciated if you could take me to your leader, please."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

"Name, purpose and affiliations?" The armored man asks, stepping between her and the door, a shining halberd in one hand. It looks rather ornate, but from the light on the edge, more than a little deadly.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Window

Dipsnig's Council-y plotclone is here. Standing behind Magtok and Delisle, frowning.
    You're talking about Vincent's problem, I hear. Well Magtok, it is true that I don't exactly trust you to operate my stepson's brain, but at this point, I'm going to let you do it simly because I have no other options. I'd like to be there when you do it, though.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #538

Window

Magtok groans.

I guess I could do the responsible thing and talk to him. I dunno though, there never seems to be an excuse to do anything with some sort of car or motorcycle or truck or tank. It's been like forever since I got to just kidnap someone and-

Oh hey look, it's Dipsnig!

Oh! Umm...hi Dipsnig! Didn't see you there. Sure, I guess you could watch. Don't you technically need to have been married to an elf once or something to be his step-father, though?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

[Window]

Dipsnig shoots Magtok a withering glare. Your unhealthy obsession with elves led you to a wrong conclusion. It wasn't required. Vincent was orphaned by his parents and I'm his legal guardian now. The truth is that Vincent began to think Dipsnig is his stepfather after being nullified and Dipsnig came to think of him as his real stepson eventually. The point is, this nonsense has been going on for far too long.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #540

Window

Mag bites his tongue. As strong as the nitpicking urge to claim that there has to be a marriage and divorce of some sort, followed by yet another marriage for the term "step" to be valid might be, he figures Dipsy's in a sour enough mood already, without any insistent terminology getting all up in his face. The idea of a goblin adopting an elf is kinda funny, though.

Sure, whatever. So where is he now?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson