New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Council

1. - Top - End - #571
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Council

Magtok nods thoughtfully, or at least in a manner that would imply thought. Whether or not he's actually thinking about anything relevant to the discussion at all is an absolute mystery. "Pay my respects to my predecessors, don't assume everyone will be buddies with me, and should things get ugly, drop everything and run like hell. Sounds like something out of the AMENite handbook, if we had one. Yes, I'm certain I can bear the responsibility."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

I'm willing to give my blessing as well, as long as we have access to cost estimates and all other information regarding the construction, staff and such. Dipsnig taps his fang.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Well, with the people here in support of this idea, I guess that I might as well throw my support behind it as well."

Gordon pulls out a small piece of paper from his pocket.

"Now, with that issue out of the way, we can move on to the next one."

4. - Top - End - #574

"I still think the council should keep at this project to ensure everything goes according to plans." Cessie adds and then glances at Gordon, "Yes what do you have in mind? I also have a issue I like to take up with the council."

5. - Top - End - #575

"Funny that you should ask, cause it relates to what WATCHTOWER does, preventing the end of the world."

Gordon unfolds the paper, and places it on the table. On it is a sphere that kinda looks like a wailing head.

"I believe that a number of people here know about this being?"

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't recognize it," 1st Lt Delisle says.

((Should we recognize it? I don't recall a wailing head apocalypse, but my brain is not reliable. ))

@V: Okay. I'll leave this as is, since Delisle wouldn't have been involved.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-06-22 at 01:01 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #577

(Its Atropus, the city was involved in one attempt to get rid of it, but that fell through.

This thing
    Spoiler
    Show
    )

8. - Top - End - #578

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    "Funny that you should ask, cause it relates to what WATCHTOWER does, preventing the end of the world."

Gordon unfolds the paper, and places it on the table. On it is a sphere that kinda looks like a wailing head.

"I believe that a number of people here know about this being?"
    ((Is this going to be an apocalypse plot? Because I'm not feeling up for it at the moment.))

"I'm not familiar with it, but I'm sure the ones that are, including you Gordon, will be able to explain to me." The mage replies.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

((Uh. Didn't that, like, die? I know nothing has been mentioned about it in ages. ))
    I've never seen it before. Why should we care? Dipsnig asks, boredly. He has a rather low opinion on Gordon.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #580

(Fine, if you lot don't want this, I can just undo this. After all, this plot always was a very slow plot.)

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

((Bring it up in OOC. There may be players interested who just aren't in this thread.))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #582

(Okay, did so, Happy.)

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

Now that Atropus is suddenly not brought up, Dipsnig turns to Cessie. So what issue did you want to bring up, miss Mithar?

14. - Top - End - #584

"Well, not to distract everyone with my lacking knowledge about the nexus but I learned from my fiancee about this city called 'Riverside' not far away from Inside. I did some research and apparently it's divided into three zones, two controlled by cults and one by 'vampires'. From what I read, it doesn't seem to be a very safe place. What I like to know is everyone's relation to this place is, it seems to be the only major city here beside Inside after all." Cessie explains.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig shrugs. I don't really think about that place. Never been there, never had a contract involving it.

16. - Top - End - #586

"Well, since time I joined this council, its the place where my members let off stream."

As in assult, murder, evil deeds, and nastyness.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

"The old Empire once blockaded Riverside, but since the Vanishing, Remnant has reopened relations with the vampiric portion of the city on rather specific terms. They won't be allowed to hunt here in Inisde, but they'll be allowed to travel freely. Except for those who've committed crimes, in which case, they're fair game to us. Beyond that, we haven't had much contact with the city." Vasquez tells Cessie.

18. - Top - End - #588

A Tobias plotclone undeadtimes, writes a quick letter, seals it with wax, puts it in Vasquez's mailbox/hands it off to someone who can relay it to her, and deadtimes again.

Dear Vasquez,

I just had a question regarding HALO's authority in the city. Are we allowed to conduct combat operations against bad guys without having to fill out a bunch of boring paperwork and clear things with Remnant weeks ahead of time? It would be easier to just debrief you after missions, but if you prefer to be the only ones killing people in your city, that's great too. If that happens to be the case, then I must ask that you allow me to loan Remnant experienced members of HALO for any sort of special operations you need handled with or without plausible deniability. Some of my more soldiery types are getting desperate for some action.

Respectfully yours,
    Tobias Vulpan, HALO Commander.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

After a discussion with Vasquez, Delisle types up a letter and wedges it in Tobias's deadtime ooze.

Dear Tobias,

Remnant is willing to allow HALO to act within the city without prior approval under the following conditions:
    1. Your members understand that they are expected to act within the confines of the law. This means no extrajudicial executions. Deaths that occur during combat operations or in self-defense, when capture is not feasible, will usually be looked at leniently.
    2. Individuals who cause death or injury to bystanders, or significant property damage, may be held criminally or civilly liable, depending on circumstances.
    3. You or your designated lieutenant should report in after any designated vigilante activities. (ooc, a note arriving at Remnant with a brief description or link to the relevant posts will suffice - no need to roleplay it out)
    4. Captured criminals should be turned over to Remnant for trial.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Kind regards,
    1st Lt Delisle

((OOC, does this sound okay? I'm trying to (with Wolfy's approval) strike a balance between giving players more autonomy and maintaining the IC environment of a city with laws and structure))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #590

The mage clears her throat as she raises from her seat within the council.

"I believe I have some important news to share, an individual known as "Calublufiok", shortened as "Cal" appeared in Watchtower some time ago. As I understand it, he's an especially stubborn madman hellbent on world spread destruction." She pauses a moment to see the others reactions.

"He appeared as some type of red mist after we defeated a machine being whom he apparently had possessed. He just verbally abused a number of our members and then left. Some of us tried to pursue but eventually lost him. I think you know a bit more about him however, all I know about him were from what miss KR told me."

21. - Top - End - #591

Magtok sighs, presses his forehead down against the table, and closes his eyes tight as he makes a face and tries to refrain from belting out a flurry of obscenities and language foul enough to make even a space-sailor blush and/or take notes.

...Huh. I guess he's met this Calublufiok guy before.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #592

"Red mist?"

That red mist messing with his members was a world-destroying lich?

"Interesting, but also not good. Someone out to destroy the world is not someone who AMEN would like. Well, Magtok, since you have the best network would you mind helping us locate this problem."

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig sighs and hides his face in his hands. Lord Below, not again. This - here Dipsnig uses a goblin word other Council members are unlikely to know, but if they do it's very obscene - just doesn't know when to quit, does he?

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

"You should probably mobilize your army to deal with it," Delisle says to Gordon, referring to Prometheus and his drones and abominations. "The shields should keep him from attacking the city directly."

((FYI: As a player, I won't be participating directly in any Cal plots, but I'm fine with having my characters pass along information.))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #595

Magtok reaches into a pocket, his head still plastered against the table as he does so. A scrap of paper comes out, upon which he quickly sets about writing a set of tips and advice on dealing with Calublufiok.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggy's Note
    -Summon him with his name repeated thrice
    -His phylactery should be gone, investigate as to whether or not liches can make new ones. Destroy anything and everything he claims as his own, just on the off-chance it's a phylactery.
    -Contact Ghost-Irene of GLoG, find out if the two are still one
    -Keep any and all Reinholdts away at all costs
    -Show no mercy, Cal is guilty of every sort of crime imaginable
    -Do everything to keep him from getting his hands on fancy artifacts of power, he loves those
    -Expect puzzles, riddles, mind games, and tricks
    -Find a skeletal admiral lich guy, he's Cal's old lieutenant. Squeeze him for info
    -Strike first, strike hard, hold nothing back. If you wait for him to make the first move, people you care about will die.
    He then shoves it towards the middle of the table without a word.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

26. - Top - End - #596

Gordon looks at the paper.

"Well, this might be helpful, and I'm not sending out an army, cause it would be a subject of laughter having an army armed with vaccums."

Gordon shakes his head.

"I'll have my people keeping an eye through. I'll let the rest of you know the moment any of my people spot him. Oh course, since I need more information, I will be paying a visit to GLoG to follow up on Magtok's advice."

And now Gordon waits for the reactions of him paying a visit to another group.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

"No. You can phone them." Delisle says sternly. "There are plenty of people at GLoG who have very good reason to never want to see you again."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

a human wearing a flowing blue robe. His head is completely shaved, though despite this he's a very pale person. no signs of a tan at all. must not spend much time outdoors. Worthy of not, however, is his piercings. A golden chain links from his left ear to his nose, a ring in each. there are also three more rings - two on his left, and one on his right. Wonder what those could mean?

In any case, walking behind him is a human and a dwarf, both in silks, and both female. They each have the left sides of their heads shaved, and they are each a picture of beauty for their race. They also happen to have collars, and those who can sense magic can sense the connection to the man in the robe. They are very clearly slaves, finely dressed as they are.

He walks forward to the council building, and says to the first person he sees, "I believe this the government of this city-state, yes? I am a diplomat from the Empire of Ascaerin, and I would like to speak with the governing body of the city, this council."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

The guards, one man and one woman in Remnant armor, share a look before speaking into a comm inside their helmets. "And who shall we say is representing your Empire?"

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Evrain Taras, Lord of Coldhurst and Otaer, if you would be so kind." he says, still smiling
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.