New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Council

1. - Top - End - #691
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Council

Tobias laughs when Ilpholin calls Grace out. Then he leans back in his chair, listens to the rest of the stupid posturing, and raises an eyebrow. AMEN has a single, unified interest that the majority of members agree on? They have a goal that they communicate to their leader to address in the Council? Has Gordon ever represented AMEN's collective interests? Can any of us claim to be democratically chosen representatives of our respective organizations who never make decisions without consulting the other members? Let the woman stay.

Furthermore...
    He turns to look at Dipsnig. I strongly believe that AMEN's presence here will lead to more diplomatic resolutions. At the very least, I would like a dialogue to be opened with AMEN regarding their activities so we are not surprised in the future. If you have a problem with sitting at the same table as a representative of, as Aurora puts it, an "explicitly criminal organization" then I would like to formally submit a request to you for a detailed report as to how, exactly, AMEN obtained a trained army of power armor equipped soldiers and what they are planning to do with the weapons they have stolen from Inside. Can NO tell the Council this?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike frowns, listening to Grace's questions...

"I do," she answers Ilpholin's question with a nod about AMEN's interests.

...she then smirks at Tobias' commentary, stifiling a giggle...

"...but the presence or removal of Council members should not be something we're discussing right now. To answer Miss Grace's question, AMEN still deserves a representitive, we do not want a Dictator, and AMEN's leader in that role? Don't make me laugh. Arming and training the pubic? Not too much difference, so I won't bother answering the others there, and emergency beacons do sound like a good idea."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #693
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cessie finally raises her hand as her attention is called. "This is getting out of hand, I think we should have a short respite before continuing so everyone can calm down a bit. Besides, I think I need to use the bathroom." For biologically related reasons.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig manages not to roll his eyes and keeps his desire to knife Tobias and bury him in a shallow grave to himself.
    Tobias, unless you want this meeting to last three days, I suggest you stick to the program. Turning back to the rest, he says: Now, going back to the matter at hand, I do believe that Miss Xar'Cha should represent AMEN and its interests. I do not think anyone should be put in charge of the whole of Inside, regardless of who it would be. The proposals for increased security are worth considering and possibly implementing in some form. Then Cessie speaks up requesting a break and the goblin shrugs. I guess a break wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-04-28 at 05:51 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

"A break sounds good. We'll reconvene in 20 minutes." Delisle stands up and gives a half smile. "I'll have some donuts and coffee brought in."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #696
    Orc in the Playground

It is at the trail end of Delisle's words that a very, very late Advisor Vyrn arrives. It's likely a good thing, considering the mentions of him and the Empire would have made things rather awkward were he present.

"Apologies, everyone, I had business to attend to and I thought you could do without a simple advisor until I was finished..." He glances at Zee and looks slightly uncomfortable for a moment-likely expecting her to object to his presence here-before taking his empty seat and waiting.

Notably, he's frowning at he looks over the agenda display to catch up. AMEN? They can't seriously be considering...
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

7. - Top - End - #697

"Twenty minutes, then."

Magtok gladly embraces the opportunity to get the fudge out of that messy explosion of political mayhem. He kicks his chair away from the table, cracks open a can of MagCola, and lets out a sigh of relief, before picking himself up and heading towards the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin turns off the holophone that's sitting on the table and returns it to her pockets before sitting down in a chair, both arms folded behind her head as she closes her eyes in thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig peers at Magtok as he leaves and tries to catch up with him. With Viima tagging along, of course. Leaving already, Magtok?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #700

"Just stepping out into the sun until the break's over," Magtok protests, his eyes instinctively latching on to Viima and her horrible nightmare jaws of sharp, pointy doom. It's just a matter of time before Dippy unleashes those things on him, isn't it?

"Don't get your hopes up over nothing, sunshine."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

Viima sits down and stares at Magtok's neck, just as Dipsnig instructed her to. Her mouth opens slightly as she does so, again by the goblin's instruction.
    Who said I was hoping for anything? I was just surprised that you'd been sitting quietly like a mouse through the whole meeting. What happened to grand speeches and thinly-veiled insults?

12. - Top - End - #702

Once Cessie is at the bathroom she have one thing to do before she takes care of any other needs, contact Ilpholin.

She will send a telepathic message to the demonic drow. Ilpholin? Can we talk? I need to know what all this is about. I like to know how this connect to everything. Sure she was 100 % sure no one could hear this but you never knew with the nexus. Paranoia was only healthy.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

"What are you having trouble understanding?"

Ilpholin thinks. Or at least she thinks she thinks. She doesn't really have psychic powers or anything, so it makes it kind of tricky to be sure.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #704

Magtok shrugs.

"I don't really have a stake in this battle. If Ilpholin somehow wins, she wins, and I'll be there to make sure she does a good job of things, keep the . If she loses, she loses, and I'll be there to make sure we get a good follow-up operation moving. Presumably she'll want to prove herself to the Council somehow or something, I dunno. Or maybe we'll go get ice cream and make snide remarks about the other representatives as we bemoan our losses."

The cyborg nonchalant expression twists into a silly grin.

"Also, I totally did thinly veiled insults. Remember the bit about reminding people of the beacon thingy? Definitely insulting."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

15. - Top - End - #705

Your motives Ilpholin, why are you doing all this exactly? Cessie asks.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

Magtok shrugs.

"I don't really have a stake in this battle. If Ilpholin somehow wins, she wins, and I'll be there to make sure she does a good job of things, keep the . If she loses, she loses, and I'll be there to make sure we get a good follow-up operation moving. Presumably she'll want to prove herself to the Council somehow or something, I dunno. Or maybe we'll go get ice cream and make snide remarks about the other representatives as we bemoan our losses."

The cyborg nonchalant expression twists into a silly grin.

"Also, I totally did thinly veiled insults. Remember the bit about reminding people of the beacon thingy? Definitely insulting."
    Viima continues staring at Magtok's neck. Hungrily. Undoubtedly wishing she could sink her teeth in the cyborg's flesh.
    That was a bit of a weak insult, though. I've seen much worse when reading reports from the Dragonbone Parliament. Anyway, while I can't possibly think how that plan of yours could work, this is a pretty amusing scheme. So thanks for that, at least.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

"To try to make Inside safe. I was fairly sure I mentioned that..."
    Least she thought she had. Oh well. Cessie knows now either way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #708

Magtok shakes his head.

"It's not my plan, and there's no scheming in place. Ilpholin's a little misguided, and maybe a tad power-hungry but she means well. She figured that since the Council thing isn't working, everyone would agree that anything else, up to and including her rule, would be a welcome alternative. Frankly, given the laissez-faire nature of how we've run Inside, I can't blame her for that sort of silly, idealistic notion."

He stops for a moment, and glares at the wolf from the corners of his eyes, praying to gods it'll take the hint and go away. Go away, you ugly mutt! Go die in a fire somewhere and leave this cyborg alone!

"She killed Gordon, Dippy. I don't know if that's sunk in yet, but she murdered the dragon, with my help. We're not his AMEN anymore, we're free to pursue much more sane and safe agendas now. With, of course, some wiggle room when it comes to the morality of our deeds, but that's nothing your own enterprises aren't already familiar with. You don't have to pretend the slate is perfectly clean now, but at least giver her a chance."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig's eyes narrow slightly and his ears droop and fall back a little. It's unclear how much he believes Magtok.
    How curious. Well, I'm sure she'll understand sooner or letter that laissez-faire is the only way to run this nuthouse. It'll be interesting to watch either way. And I do have to admit, I've never expected Gordon to be toppled.
    Vimma doesn't get the hint and keeps staring.

20. - Top - End - #710

Don't you think you should have told Watch before you attempted to pull this off though? It comes a bit sudden. I'm still not really sure how to regard this, the other members don't seem particularly favorable towards your suggestions. Cessie replies.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

"And if someone else had put forth these proposals, would you be asking them to 'whoa, hold up, consult Watch first?' You're Watchtower's representative. Consider the options, the benefits and downsides, and then act in Watch's interests."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #712

...Ilpholin, we haven't spoken in months as you have been in AMEN doing gods know what. Don't you think I have worried for you? With all the secrecy involved in mission we haven't had been able to have an honest conversation in ages. Can you at least stop treating me like some kind of idiot? We had just recoiled before you left remember? Cessie replies.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not treating you like an idiot Cessie. I'm saying act like you would act normally in such a situation, that's all. What else are you looking for here Cessie?" Ilpholin's not sure what Cessie wants.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #714

It sure sounds like that at least. I can't say I agree with all your ideas and I suppose I'm looking for some kind of ulterior motive behind this as right now I can't vote in favor of this motion. Maybe if you actually tried to listen to the others then just arguing against them. I don't think it's a bad idea in itself but it got flaws and I believe the other council members could help you correct them if you just let them. Can't you try to leave it open for changes? I don't think it's going to be voted for in it's current form.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

"... You do realize its not my decision what form it takes right? I have no control over any changes that are made, but so far the only changes people are putting forth are to not do it at all."

"So then Cessie, what's my ulterior motives?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #716

None, I never said you did have such motives Ilpholin. I just wanted to know if you had any and apparently you don't. That's one of the main reasons I'm talking to you right now, I trust you Ilpholin, I take your word for it. She ensures the demonic drow. It's just that this argument have turned pretty ugly and it doesn't sound like it's going anywhere. Neither side seems to be listening to the other one and everyone is suffering for it. Cessie argues.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

"Really? I haven't been listening? Is that why I addressed the pacifist issue to help set up exceptions? Is that why I agreed to the idea that maybe more information was needed and we should try it out in a few trial areas? Am I not listening so much that I'm making no concessions here Cessie?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #718

Yes, you did, but very few seemed to agree with it at all in the first place. Personally I think that part of the motion should be scrapped, it seems to be the one causing the most arguments and I can't say I agree with it either. Experimenting with it or not, you still need the motion accepted in the first place. I admit you seems to have made concessions but I doubt they will be enough. Agreeing to let AMEN control Inside in the first place is pretty hard to swallow and your other suggestions are rather controversial as well. Maybe... I don't know. Can I help you in any way Ilpholin? I just want to give you a few suggestions. She replies.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ok, you seem to be mistaking this all as one packaged deal. Did you not hear the goblin? You argue about changes and not listening to others, but the only change you're arguing is not implementing the idea." Cessie really seems to be swinging back and forth to Ilpholin.

"I can't tell you what suggestions to give me Cessie. I don't think there's any help you can really give me at this point for this meeting. I'm sorry."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-05-07 at 02:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

Meanwhile, Delisle brings in a trolley full of donuts and coffee.

There are cream filled! And glazed! And cinnamon powdered! Pink icing donuts and fungus donuts and that flavor too - the one that's your character's favourite. Yup. That one's there too.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs