New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Council

1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Council

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dipsnig's eyes narrow slightly and his ears droop and fall back a little. It's unclear how much he believes Magtok.
    How curious. Well, I'm sure she'll understand sooner or letter that laissez-faire is the only way to run this nuthouse. It'll be interesting to watch either way. And I do have to admit, I've never expected Gordon to be toppled.
    Vimma doesn't get the hint and keeps staring.
    "Yeah, well I don't think Gordon did, either."

Magtok grins. It's a weird sort of grin, because at the same time, he's doing his best to glare at the awful dog monster with his eyes.

"As for how to run things...well, I'll get back to you on that one once the meeting's resumed."

Magtok steps away, doing that thing to Viima where you point with two fingers at someone, and then at your own eyes, to let them know you're watching them. He then hurries off to go get himself a donut. It's about time he got away from that awful mongrel. And that mongrel's pet wolf. =P
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Ok, you seem to be mistaking this all as one packaged deal. Did you not hear the goblin? You argue about changes and not listening to others, but the only change you're arguing is not implementing the idea." Cessie really seems to be swinging back and forth to Ilpholin.

"I can't tell you what suggestions to give me Cessie. I don't think there's any help you can really give me at this point for this meeting. I'm sorry."
    Alright, I guess I might have misunderstood it. In any case Ilpholin, where could I meet you after the meeting? I think we might need to talk in person unless you think that's too risky.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm... I suppose you could meet me at BDD, though I'm not sure it'll be beneficial and I suspect there'll be a difference in arrival times. You'd best hurry up if you want any doughnuts. Zee's eating them all." It's probably not true, but that doesn't stop Ilph from tele-thinking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #724

Great, I'll try to stay away from the doughnuts though, I like to be able to fit into my old dresses after the pregnancy. Cessie replies in a less serious tone. I'll see you then.

And if there is nothing else the call will end and the mage will eventually be back in the council chamber.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin has nothing else to add for Cessie at this time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #726

Tobias is still sitting in his chair. It feels like this break has lasted more than twice as long as the actual meeting has. It's almost like nobody wants to discuss this particular issue. He can't blame them for that, but it's not like anyone else has convened the Council to talk about any other issue in months.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing that everyone is back at the table (or can handwaved to be so), Delisle calls the meeting to order again.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #728

"Have everyone calmed down a bit so we can reach some kind of decision?" Cessie asks as the members of the council assemble once again.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm perfectly calm," Shrike says, after whapping her player through the fourth wall and reminding to post regularly here. "So where were we, again?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

Last I remember, we were discussing which proposals by Miss Xar'Cha to accept and which to reject. I suggest we get straight to voting, unless someone else has something important to add, so that hopefully we don't get sidetracked again, Dipsnig says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin whispers to Magtok briefly, "Meet you at BDD when this is all done."

Ignoring Cessie's passive-aggressive comment, she clears her throat. She did have one thing that needed to be covered before voting.

"Before the break, the HALO representative asked whether AMEN can have a unified interest that the majority of members agree on. Well my answer is that yes, they can and have and do. It was also directly stated that doing anything other than such representation as a leader in a Council seat would be considered gross negligence and incompetence."

"I wish to make it clear then as AMEN's leader, that from here on forth, both in Council and outside of it, regardless of my personal desires or opinions, I shall represent AMEN fully to the best of my capacity. As requested."

"Unfortunately, from direct admission it has come to my attention that Council, both in its formation..." Ilpholin nods to Vasquez, referring to her comments prior to the break, "And in its continuing function," She nods to Tobias this time, "Presents an undue negative outside influence on AMEN, designed to primarily control it and its activities in order to minimize their effects."

"As such, AMEN will be abdicating its seat entirely and from here on forth, will not be participating in Council meetings."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #732
    Orc in the Playground

"I thought that pretense was obvious, considering no one could ever seriously want AMEN involved in governance," Vyrn states rather bluntly.

"I suppose that puts a convenient end to the notion of putting an AMENite in charge of the city, though, so that's a positive note. I merely hope it is not a declaration of war, and believe that most parties here have had enough of that for a very long time.

That said, if it is, I hope this council will be more...proactive than my successors thus far in dealing with the problem. Such attacks cannot be tolerated. Should the rest of you agree, of course, as I'm just an advisor."

He, of course, has other plans there, but he's not exactly going to share them with the AMENite-to-be-gone in the room.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

13. - Top - End - #733

Magtok nods, conceding that Ilpholin has a pretty good point there. Besides, with Magtok sitting in on these things, it's not like ditching that seat is going to result in a loss of intel, is it? Insofar as a rapscallion like Magtok can be trusted to provide accurate information on Council discussions, of course.

And then Vyrn has to go and open his mouth. The cyborg's still-organic eye twitches, and he stands up and opens his mouth to say something incredibly hostile and vulgar, but halts himself and sits back down before a single profanity can pass his lips, simply seething in the general direction of the adviser and the woman holding his leash instead. All that time and energy put into tearing Gordon apart, to get Inside off of AMEN's agenda, and then this...this absolutely minotaur-droppings crazy nonsense about a pre-emptive strike, right in front of the highest-ranking officials in the entire Association.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-05-13 at 09:49 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasquez gives Ilpholin a respectful nod. She understood the choice perfectly and wasn't going to choose otherwise. Ilpholin was definitely smarter than her predecessor. "I wish you best of luck in your future endeavors." She says sincerely before scowling at Vyrn. "You're right. You're just an advisor here, Vyrn. Things have changed since you've left and your views, while invaluable sometimes, are outdated in this matter." She says, being blunt with him to make a point. Turning back to Ilpholin, she speaks again. "I hope we won't bump heads in the future, and I swear that should any of your personnel attempt something untoward against the citizenry here, we'll apprehend them to the best of our ability and return them. Is that satisfactory?" Even though she and Ilpholin had agreed to similar terms before, it hadn't been in public. What she was offering the part-Drow was something of an olive branch, but more importantly, a way for Ilpholin to appear even better.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-05-13 at 10:00 PM.

15. - Top - End - #735

Well, that was a disappointment. It would be better for everyone to have clear lines of communication with AMEN. Tobias keeps his expression blank, but Vyrn's self-important polemic causes his jaw to tighten in annoyance. Just who does this "Advisor" think he is?

16. - Top - End - #736
    Troll in the Playground

"You do realise," Shrike speaks up, "that by resigning AMEN's seat you are de facto acknoledging that AMEN is no longer a Great Power among the Orgs, and lacks the status and ability to be regarded on the same level as HALO, GLoG, and NO?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig joins Vasquez and Magtok in shooting Vyrn a glare. For "just an advisor", the emperor-turned-pencil pusher sure has a big mouth. Not that he disagrees that AMEN's place is in the middle of a smoking crater, but really...
    That's definetly a logcial decision, his his only comment. He chooses not to voice his opinion on Shrike's... somewhat out-of-the-blue remark.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-05-15 at 02:08 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

18. - Top - End - #738

Magtok's hate and fury abruptly shifts itself over from Vyrn to Shrike, turning cold, vicious, and calculated, instead of the fiery, impulsive, imprecise mess that it was just a moment ago.

"Miss Shrike, please. Name-calling and immature goading of other representatives should be beneath the delegate of the Good League of Good. If you would be so kind, please put your face back down between the legs of your mate, where you undoubtedly spend most of your waking hours, and leave such childishness to those much better suited to it. Brinika, the Applehills, Salix, Jamie and I'm sure many others would appreciate it if you did."

Intentionally name-dropping the youngest and most helpless of GLoG's residents? That's really twisted, Maggy. He doesn't linger on that implied threat though, instead already shifting his attention over to Ilpholin.

"Goodbye, and best of luck to you, Ms. Xar'cha. I'll make sure to let you know how the voting went later."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Luckily for Vasquez' player, he wasn't taking a drink at the time he read the comment about the legs.

The same cannot be said of Vas.

During the brief pause in her talking, she had proceeded to take a drink from her glass, and as soon as Magtok speaks, she chokes on it and clamps a hand over her nose as she reaches for some tissues. She'll have to applaud Magtok for that one later. As well as on his use of subtle threats.

20. - Top - End - #740

Zee totally ate all the doughnuts. Or at least whatever doughnuts where left. Heaven knows how long it has been since she's actually eaten anything physical.

And then everyone starts ranting at each other!

How very absurd.

She coughs slightly to get the attention of those gathered.

"I think we should start by voting on the idea of a fast-response beacon network being set up Inside instead of sniping at each others mating habits," the Far Chimera suggests, glancing over at Magtok. "AND in place of belittling other organization's involvement in the Nexus."

Not that she approves of AMEN. But still, that was kind of absurd on Shrike's part...

"Shall we vote now?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmζre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

21. - Top - End - #741

Cessie doesn't seem nearly as amused as Vasquez and feels it to be rather improper for to act like that. Of course she was a soldier after all, not a politician.

"Yes... let's vote for them all at once shall we? Unless someone like to go further into one of the issues." She says.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes Vyrn, most everyone knew about the pretense. Even Ilpholin. But as soon as it was brought up out loud, it could no longer be glossed over. At least, not in Ilpholin's mind if she were to be any sort of leader.

Choosing to ignore Shrike's head being in the... err... sand, as it were, she turns to Vasquez and nods using a shallow bow to accept the terms. "That will be more than sufficient, thank you. If nothing else, I'm glad that got accomplished today."

She turns and nods to the rest of the group. "I wish you a good day ladies and gentlemen." Barring something extraordinary, Ilpholin will turn to exit properly and let the Council continue with its proceedings.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

"Why, Magtok. I never knew you were into that kind of thing. Whatever must your many loves think when they find your stash of recording discs?" Shrike raises an eyebrow and smirks at the Tin Man, not fased in the least. "And you know, I'm sure Brinika, the Applehills, Salix, Jamie and many others would love it if you dropped by. They get stronger every day, you know, and the last punching bag we had only lasted about eight hours before falling apart."

She then turns her attention to Zee's comment, and nods. "I believe that the fast-response beacon network is worth investigating, at least, yes."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig shoots Magtok a look filled in no small part with disgust. Why the hell is everyone so lenient towards a scumbag who threatens children? Magtok should be locked up in his cave and left to rot there.
    Yes, if Magtok is quite done speculating about the sexual life of other Council members, here Dipsnig is tempted to add "for the lack of such on his own part" but resists, I suggest moving on to the issue of the warning beacon system. It sounds useful and cheap enough, and the risk of screwing something up is low.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Orc in the Playground

"It see no issue with it, so take that as you will," Vyrn states, evidently ignoring all the glares he got. "However, there is something I would like to propose once voting on this is done."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

After Vasquez wipes her face with the cloth, she gives a bit of a nod. "I have no issues with the warning beacon system, though I do suggest that we make it civilian operated. Should anything happen to Remnant, it would be wise to have something else in place."

27. - Top - End - #747

I agree with creating a beacon system. Tobias refrains from rolling his eyes, glaring at anyone, or facepalming. It's apparently too much to hope for that the Council can get anything done without bickering like little children, but he'd settle for just getting something done for once.

28. - Top - End - #748

Cessie raises her hand, "I vote for the beacon. It looks like we are pretty much settled on this issue."

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

"I see no problems with setting up a beacon system. I think that gives a clear majority on the issue." Grace observes. "The task of setting it up should probably fall to one of the more widespread organizations, though of course I'm sure the rest of us would be more than willing to lend support."

"The other proposal, mass arming and training of the populace, I think, was met with substantial questions and concerns. As the person who proposed it is no longer here to back or answer them, might I suggest we discard the idea for now? If anyone wants to support it and push it forward, of course, I'd be happy to hear it out- but it might be best if we can respond to a more specific plan in this instance, which we no longer have."

30. - Top - End - #750
    Titan in the Playground

Yes... instead of arguing about it, I think we should perhaps pick one of us who could come up with a plan on how to do it, Dipsnig says. But that can come later, after we've had time to digest it.