New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Council

1. - Top - End - #121
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: [Nexus] Council

Psi might not have a say in things, but it's certainly not stopping her from saying things. As soon as the meeting is put on hold, she directs her eyes to Magtok and hovers towards the wall where he is leaning.

"Unit would like to participate in a conversation with you."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Magtok shrugs when approached. He frowns at Psi, wondering what she could possibly want, whether she's just a dim robot or hiding something behind all of the robot-speak.

That's entirely permissible, I suppose. What'd you want to talk about?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-04-19 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #123

"I have analyzed the members that constitute the Council. With the exception of myself, and subject 'The Moff', the Council is made up of members and representatives of the different factions within the Nexus, not necessarily based within the city of Inside. You, however, seem to be an exception to the rule."

Psi pauses. "This would imply that you, more than the others in the Council, have a very deep influence with the population, even without official authority. Is this correct?"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn, meanwhile, retrieves a mug of coffee, and then heads in the direction of Lt. Delisile.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Poise leans against a wall and sips her tea, trying to relax and figure the best way to resolve all of this.

6. - Top - End - #126

Magtok nods.

It would. Nobody else among us, except maybe your associate Grace, who couldn't easily be replaced with another member from their respective organizations. I don't mean to brag, especially after that huge meltdown a few minutes ago, but I've been playing politics and stuff for years now, working alongside Watch and the Empires and everyone else, dealing in information and secrets in exchange for implied support and being allowed to continue operating and stuff.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig looks around with a doubtful expression and adresses Poise again. We seem to have hit an impasse. Any ideas how to make it all work? The council is too valuable for it to flop because of political squabbles.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #128

"Confirmed. Analyzing. As such," says Psi, "you are not working on the interest of a faction, but rather your own. This hypothesis, however, is not supported by either your claims or your behaviour during the meeting.

Loading. Complete. Unit has an interest in conversation for two reasons. The first one being social. For the sake of research and updated information on a personal level, I would like to establish connections with you.

The second one being for the sake of the faction that sent me to this meeting, I would like to ask what your interest in the Council is, and what decisions would be most beneficial for you."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I think I'll think of it this way, yes... Dipsnig then turns to Cessie. Dipsnig Razortooth, leader of NO. He bows slightly.
    "A pleasure to meet you mister Razortooth." The mage replies, returning the bow. "As for the council, I think everyone should be an equal part of it, even Vasquez. Otherwise I think it's a good idea."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

"It will only be valuable if it can actually function in the manner of a true government."
    Poise states.
    "For that, we need to ensure that we will get the property authority and respect. Part of that requires that we not be subject to too much power from Vasquez. If we can't get that... then I think the council won't be worth it."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, I suppose you're right. I don't think Vasquez will want too much power, though... she's not the type to lead.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #132

"I dislike any attempts from the military to lead honestly. She seems to like to display her power too, which I understand is a part of her work, but still. Better to have her work through or underneath the council. It was her idea after all so I will give her that." Plus, what kind of crazy clothes were she wearing? Oh well, it was still better then the revealing clothes some of the other council members had chosen to wear.

13. - Top - End - #133

Magtok shakes his head.

I came because I was told to, and whatever future decisions are made...it's not my concern anymore. Vas is acting exactly like the old Empire, no matter what her little secretary might say, with arrogant shows of force and airships and everything. I know her too well to trust her half as far as I could throw her. The idea that I should be grateful that I haven't been shot, or to just have faith in her and the new system for no reason other than because she tells me to, is preposterous.

On top of that, I'm surrounded by enemies here. Dippy of NO hates me for not paying him after he botched an anti-apocalypse contract. Quinn despises me because...I don't know, because she can't look past the evil cyborg image thing? Her husband Tobias likely hasn't anything nice to say about me, the girl in the dress probably doesn't like me after that earlier showdown, and Zee, the closest thing I have to an ally here, has a sort of friendly rivalry thing going on. Grace is...neutral, I suppose. Consequently, anything and everything I might choose to do if I do it here is going to be an obscenely uphill battle, just because of all of that outside baggage.

So I'm done. I was going to give this a chance, but it's just not worth my time, and the council will just have to settle for a nearly-unanimous vote on whatever the hell it wanted a unanimous vote on. When we're called back inside and the cookies are gone, I'm walking out. I stand to gain far more by being a threat to the state than a tool of it.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #134

Gordon, now in the break room, takes out his glass of red lemonade. When Cessie asks, he looks up.

"Gordon Dragic, current head of AMEN."

He turns his gaze over to Magtok. Vasquez went a bit out of her way to alienate the cyborg, which was a mistake, at least in Gordon's mind. However, since he could get some support from the cyborg, its a good idea to get him to stick around.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

The Moff will approach Gordon. Anyone who knows him well will be able to tell he's seething. "Gordon. A word." With a good approximation at an apologetic look at Cessie, he pulls him aside. "Listen. We stand nothing to gain here. You know as well as I do that our days on this council are numbered. The only leverage we have is the threat of violence, and we simply do not have enough control over our members to keep them from engaging in behavior that will have us removed. " The Moff holds up a hand. "This is AMEN, bossman. It's inevitable."
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2011-04-19 at 05:55 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

"How nice to meet you Gordon." Cessie replies, so this was AMEN's crazy leader huh? "I have a question actually, what is your organizations goal? I have heard a quite a lot about AMEN..." She gives the moff a brief glance too as he leads Gordon away without answering her question.

17. - Top - End - #137

"You really think I can't make this work? Listen, if we can keep Magtok here, I have influence to have half of this council vote with me. And with your help, we can redirect the members of AMEN to not mess around the city, at least not openly."

Gordon leans in close, he wants to keep this between the Moff and himself.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

"Gordon, I severely doubt that, and there's absolutely no way we can control AMEN's members as much as we'd need to. What we need to do is accept our eventual dismissal and plan accordingly. Got it? We go out on our own terms. I have no interest in playing nice with these schmucks for the rest of my life. So until then, we need to set things up so that when we do leave, the council's in no position to touch us."

19. - Top - End - #139

"Just help me keep Magtok in this council, okay. We will need him working with us here."

Gordon has a better opinion of his people than Moff does.

20. - Top - End - #140

Tobias continues listening with an inscrutable expression. When a break is called, he stands up to stretch and then gets himself a cup of tea. After he adds a liberal amount of something from a hip flask, he smiles at Cessie. Hullo. I'm Tobias Vulpan, Commander of HALO. His fox eyes briefly glance at Quinn. Not to be confused with Tobias Druid.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

21. - Top - End - #141

The mage nods back at the handsome man before her. "I'm afraid I know neither of those names Tobias, but it's nice to meet you." She offers him her hand. "I'm afraid I haven't heard much about HALO either except that you are supposed to smite evildoers."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

The Moff clenches his jaw for a moment. "Gordon, I think you're forgetting that you're not my superior, hmm? We will stay on the council for the moment, but our days here are numbered, and you need to operate under that assumption." Then he pauses for a moment and plows right ahead. "And after the way Magtok was insulted there, I'd be surprised to see him return. He doesn't have anything to gain here. But if you think you can convince him otherwise, be my guest."

23. - Top - End - #143

Tobias shakes her hand firmly. Well, Tobias Druid is on friendly terms with a few of WATCHTOWER's members. Even helped them out on a few missions, I believe. But yes, HALO fights Evil in many places and we're looking to become more involved with Inside.

24. - Top - End - #144

"Moff, can we talk about this later. I do have a plan to try to get this to work for us, so can we work together on this?"

Ah yes, the clash of wills between Gordon and Moff. One of the reasons why things don't go so well for AMEN.

25. - Top - End - #145

"Sadly I haven't been a member of watch that long, but I was the only one wanting this position and I guess I was best suited for it with the options available. HALO is very much like watch then? Our organization is supposed to deal with threats very much like that. Perhaps we could work together more closely in the future?" Cessie suggests as she let's his hand go.

26. - Top - End - #146

Tobias tilts his head to the side and scrutinizes Cessie. Now that you mention it, there does seem to be something about you that would make you suitable for this meeting... Something that all the other blokes at the tower don't have. Hmm, ah, got it: politeness. But yes, I think we could work together quite nicely.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Poise looks over to Delisle and gives a pointed nod towards the main council chambers, then looks to those around her- namely Dipsnig, Cessie, and those conversing with them.
    "I think we should head back in and try and get all this settled. Tempers have probably cooled enough."

Poise walks calmly towards the council chambers, leading the way.

28. - Top - End - #148

The mage smiles at Tobias and nods. "Thank you, I try to show my best side to the people I meet, I'm glad you noticed. I would very much like to see your organization if you let me. Perhaps we could come to some sort of agreement..."

Then Poise interrupts her. "Ah, yes. We'll talk about this more later." She gives Tobias another smile before she heads back into the council chamber.

29. - Top - End - #149

The fox-eyed man smiles into his teacup and refills it from his hip flask before walking back to his seat. She smells like magic. The anti-Wendy, heehee.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Delisle politely assists in directing people back to the meeting room.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs