New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Council

1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Council

"Butler would be a mistake." Vasquez says, agreeing with Poise. "But, with all due respect, we don't represent Inside, except maybe Zee. We all represent organizations with interest in Inside. We need someone else like Zee to step in as Inside. She can represent them if she wants, but we can't have just one person for that."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Who represents inside best then? I'm pretty new around here so I can't say I know who would be ideal for this position beyond the persons inside this room." Cessie says.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

"Put it to a vote. Allow the people of Inside to elect representatives." The Moff frowns. "Ideally, it'll get to the point where everyone with actual decision-making power is elected. Clearly that won't be possible for a while, but that should be our goal."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn leans back in her chair a little. Wishing she had brought some popcorn.

"No," she says matter-of-factly. "The nature of the Nexus does not lend itself to democracy. There should be direct access to Councilmembers for airing of grievances, but electing the Council itself will only lead to chaos."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course the man with more clones than Magtok would recommend democracy." Delisle says with an eyeroll. "There were valid reasons why democracy was not instituted before. It may be possible to revisit that decision in the future, but there are altogether too many considerations to be made for it to be done quickly. The city needs a government now."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

The Moff looks a tad annoyed. "I don't remember suggesting we implement it immediately. Allowing Inside to elect one or two members of this council, at least initially, is more of a PR act than it is a political decision. Eventually, once the government is fully established, we can worry about moving more control to elected representatives." The Moff shakes his head: clearly the council should read more Rousseau.

((As for the inevitable OoC objection to a democracy, see my post in OoC.))

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zee's been listening for quite a while now.

...or trying to figure out if there are still any cookies left anywhere in the room. It's honestly hard to tell with her sometimes. Though hopefully she'll have some kind of serious input that will prove that she's actually been paying attention.

"I don't consider myself to represent Inside..." she comments in a rather sheepish tone. "You have to understand, I love this city. I love the people in it. I do everything I can to help. And I'm pretty well trusted. But..." she shakes her head. "I wouldn't ever pretend to represent it. I don't think like you all do. I don't feel like you do. The personalities that I wear are masks and smoke-screens to make me seem less overtly creepy. Because I want people to feel comfortable around me. But I won't pretend to understand what the average person of Inside really wants or needs."

Wow...

That was...

That was actually pretty serious.

Zee smiles a rather cheerful smile. "I'm not a friendly bouncy care-free human female. I'm an eldritch monster. You would all do well to remember that."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

"...and you think that means you don't represent the average person in Inside?"
    Asks the separated aspect of a demon eudai wearing a relatively humanoid shape crafted from metaphysical principles.

"And Vasquez, I must again disagree. Most of the organizations are the citizens of inside. They're not outside factions, they're not government sponsored organizations, they are factions containing like minded citizens. You can find more people in organizations than not, really, which is why you're having such a hard time naming any suitable candidates."
    Poise points out, crossing her arms.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2011-04-20 at 08:42 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

"I consider myself too uninformed about inside and it's citizens to really express myself in this matter." The mage admits.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

"An eldritch monster who Far-tained me twice," Quinn says good-naturedly, chuckling at Zee.

Seems she's ignoring The Moff.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig rubs his face. I'd be willing to give this proposal a shot if we could find someone to represent Inside quickly. But as it is, it seems that this decision will take long and, the process will be messy and we might not get any results. We might consider it when we're less pressed for time.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-04-21 at 06:46 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not saying we need to do it right away, just eventually. If only because no one will trust us completely since this Council has started in secret." Vasquez tells them. "Any other points that need talking about?" She asks them in general.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

I wanted to ask a question vis-a-vis my own organization, actually, Dipsnig speaks up. We'll still be able to take whatever contracts we want as long as they don't threaten to destabilize Inside, right?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "An eldritch monster who Far-tainted me twice," Quinn says good-naturedly, chuckling at Zee.
    Magtok cringes.

Quinn, your curtain history really isn't in any way relevant at all, and I did not need that mental image.

He then turns towards Vasquez.

I've seen an unusually large concentration of drow about recently. Do you know anything about that, and if so, is it already under control?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

"There's always been a decent concentration of Drow in the city, but I know what you're talking about. There are only a little over one hundred of the newcomers, mostly male warriors and other low castes. Very few females to speak of. They're already being watched, but so far, they haven't caused any alarm." Vasquez informs Magtok, obviously able to keep up with current events. After that, she shakes her head at Dipsnig. "NO contracts won't be affected I don't think."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-04-21 at 01:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, I see. In that case, I have no futher questions.

17. - Top - End - #197

"I have no further objections." The mage replies, "I think we should just go on and officially start the council and then work out the quirks as the major issues seems to have been dealt with already."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasquez is about to speak when her commlink goes off. She holds up her hand to her hear, listening to what is going on. She grits her teeth and swipes away the hologram of Inside, instead drawing up Phil's televised speech Inside. "We now have a real problem." She says with some anger in her voice. "Not only this, but he's dropped a meteor on us."

It's obvious she's wanting Retribution.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig shakes his head. Lord Below, this guy is full of himself, isn't he? Well, I can't help you here, we don't really have members equipped to deal with something like that.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

"Right."
    Poise responds instantly to the scene.
    "I believe the closest forces should attempt capture, if possible. Subdue, restrain, and put him on trial for his actions.
    "I assume Remnant has the closest forces, but perhaps someone else has people who can get there swiftly? Cessie, what about Watchtower? And could NO provide any kind of support, Dipsnig, even if they can't deal with it directly?"

She looks towards the people she's named.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

"This is why we need to get a government settled ASAP. The emergencies never **** stop." Delisle says, with clenched teeth. She takes a deep breath, and when she speaks next, her voice is calm. "Commander, I can take over here. I believe you'll be needed back at HQ."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig shakes his head again. I don't think so. Most of our members are busy. But... I guess I could try to get some for this job. Plotclones would likely be involved.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasquez nods to Alice before taking her leave, cape flapping a bit dramatically behind her as she does so. She's far from pleased.

24. - Top - End - #204

"Currently most people in watchtower are busy as well at various tasks. I do have direct contact with a number of them however. What are we up against here exactly? I don't want to send my fellow members to their deaths." Cessie replies, not really sure who this Phil is.

25. - Top - End - #205

Magtok cringes, his red eye filling him in on all the events going on in Inside, before he leaps out of his seat.

I...wait, Vasquez! Maybe I could do something? Talk, ask him to go quietly? I've got clones that could get to the area quickly, and he has that sort of fanboyish thing...what if he's got another thing to drop if you rush in too soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

"Magtok, can you give us an aerial view of the city?" Delisle asks. Because Remnant no longer has MagSat access, of course. "We need medics, firefighters, rescue workers. Anyone who can work in fire. Fortunately, a good number of residents are still in the bunkers, so that will help, but it won't be enough. Tobias? He says he has good relations with HALO. Can you tell us anything that might help?"

Too bad the stupid FF deadtime will prevent that working.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasquez is already heading down the stairs, but takes enough thought to shout back. "Then I die! Live with it!"

After that, she leaves the building.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

"...um."
    Poise looks quite unsettled at Vasquez's reply.
    "Magtok, you say you can get some clones in the area? I don't suppose you could make sure Vasquez doesn't get herself killed?"

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "Magtok, can you give us an aerial view of the city?" Delisle asks. Because Remnant no longer has MagSat access, of course. "We need medics, firefighters, rescue workers. Anyone who can work in fire. Fortunately, a good number of residents are still in the bunkers, so that will help, but it won't be enough. Tobias? He says he has good relations with HALO. Can you tell us anything that might help?"

Too bad the stupid FF deadtime will prevent that working.
    Tobias opens his eyes, looking like he has a sudden migraine. What a fool!
    No, I don't know him. I recognize him from around the base, however, and I believe he's on good terms with one of my subordinates. I have directed her to apprehend him, but that may take awhile. I agree with you Poise, we need to put him through a fair and public trial for this crime. At least that might show the populace that this new Council is on top of things.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

30. - Top - End - #210

"Firefighting? I suppose I could send someone to help with that. Give me a moment and I'll send a request to watch..." The mage says as she stares into the floor for a moment. "There, I have explained the situation and asked for help. Is there anything else I should tell them?"