New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: "She's One of Ours, Sir."- Rogue Trader IC

Quite suddenly, Astrianna stops, turns her head towards something unseen- and smiles.

Spoiler
    Show
    TOTALLY SPENDING THAT FATE POINT!
    My Deviantart

My fanfiction

Thanks to Flame Master Axel for the ninja-tar

2. - Top - End - #242
    Halfling in the Playground

Meanwhile, on the bridge...

"...And so it took us weeks to scrape the blighter off the ceiling! I say, Most eventful start to a marching drill I've seen, what!"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Astrianna:

As you channel your power through your third eye, the daemon begins to look unsettled, unsure of what to make of the bright light emanating from your forehead. With a final push of psychic energy, a lance-like beam of light manifests, carving it's way through the red mist like a knife through butter. The daemon howls in agony, then disappears into the warp at great speed.

With that out of the way, the routes you had charted out are now clear. With a sense of anticipation, you inform the bridge of your first bearing, and begin the long process of guiding the ship through the Empyrean.

Novia:

You notice that there is a message logged on your dataslate, from prior to entering the warp.

Spoiler
    Show
    ++Incoming Transmission++
    Authorizing: Code Approved
    ...Benedum 21T-777 Cipher Approved

++ Only the insane have strength enough to prosper ++

[BEGIN ENCRYPTION]
    +++Message Origin===Magnate Scrivener Journ+++
    +++Message Priority===Low+++
    +++Message Destination===Seneschal Novia Ephrael+++

Lady Ephrael,

I am writing to politely remind you of our prior deal regarding the fate of the books. While I understand that you are a busy woman, rest assured that delivering them to my associate on footfall would be a well paid venture.

Journ,

[END ENCRYPTION]

END OF ACT 1! You all gain XP (as listed below), and regenerate all fate points. You'll be in warp transit for two weeks; there will be events during transit, but if you have any plans for your characters in the meantime, talk to me over IM and we can roleplay a scenario.

XP Gained!:
    Spoiler
    Show

Section completed! - 50XP each
    Lady Ash dead! - 150xp each
    Dodging a bullet - 50xp each, for not opening the casket in the middle of a public place. Seriously, why did the writers of this adventure think that was in any way plausible?
    We're all thespians here - 100xp each for good roleplay.

Blasted redemptionists... - 150xp to Jakov, Astrianna and Red, for showing your unwelcome visitors the airlock.
    You and who's army? - 150xp to Novia Ephrael, for marching an army through a port without getting arrested, and getting the information wanted, no matter what.
    Ve have vays of making you talk - 50xp to Jakov, Novia and Red for a well executed interrogation. Novia has an additional 25xp bonus, for an exceptionally frightening intimidate check.

No Kill Like Overkill - 100xp to Red Cortez, for terminating a rogue psyker in the most expedient way possible.
    Who the Devil do you think I am? - 100xp to Jakov Zvarro, for driving a man insane with an intimidate check.
    Chessmaster - 150xp to Novia Ephrael, for consistently being one.
    What was that? - 100xp to Tristram Macharius, for his... novel approach to leaving port.
    Oh Emperor what am I doing - 50xp to Astrianna Keris, for a quite hilarious stream of fumbles.
    Modern Lord General - 50xp to Jakov Zvarro, for particularly good roleplay of a slightly eccentric rogue trader, even creating a family tree.
    A pilot's life for me - 50xp to Tristram Macharius, for particularly good roleplay of a highly flamboyant voidmaster, and avoiding his usual tendencies toward playing magnificent bastards.
    A bomb N.E. - 50xp to Akadia Ramirez, for quickly rigging up a remote control meltabomb. Be careful with that thing.
    I TOOK COMPUTER SCIENCE III - 100 xp to Akadia Ramirez, for rapid recall of just how much damage a hacking servo skull can do.

Totals:

Jakov: 700xp
    Novia: 725xp
    Red: 650xp
    Tristram: 500xp
    Astrianna: 550xp
    Akadia: 500xp

You are all still rank 1, and can only normally purchase abilities from the rank 1 list. If you want abilities that aren't on the rank 1 list, talk to me.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

Still in her room, Novia sends the following to Jakov and Akadia with her dataslate:

Jakov
    Spoiler
    Show

Akadia
    Spoiler
    Show

Then calls Walter to her.

"Walter - I wish to meet whoever heads our group of Astropaths, in my meeting chamber as soon as is convenient." she says, omitting the 'for me' on the end of this sentence that her tone implies.
    "I also want you to make the following appointments - Tomorrow, I will meet with whoever is in charge of food distribution to the lower class Imperials in the ship, who are most numerous and serve the Emperor and our Rogue Trader through the lowest tasks.
    Next, I will meet with one of the lesser Techpriests, as I need some of my dataslates altered.

You will do this now, then prepare some tea for myself and an appropriate beverage for the Astropath.

Once our meeting is concluded. I require that you begin looking through and analyzing the books we aquired from the Port. Make a list for me on what they are and their topics.
    "

Novia dresses in attire better suited for an off-duty soldier, and takes an unusual path to her usual meeting chamber, while tapping away at her dataslate. She chooses a path that takes her closer to the living areas of the lower crew members...

Disguise DC 59 - (1d100)[92]

...and tries to gauge the general mood of the crew on these levels...

Inquiry DC 59 - (1d100)[79] +1 Degree of Success due to Seeker of Lore

(( Novia will use neither her Heirloom Seal nor her Etiquette for these ))

...while acting as if she were a mere soldier, rather than the Seneschal and noble.

Decieve DC 59 - (1d100)[49]

What impression does she get?

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Novia does not fail checks.

Rerolling Disguise and Inquiry. Two fate points used, one remaining.

Disguise - DC 59 - (1d100)[79]

Inquiry - DC 59 - (1d100)[14] +1 degree of success, Seeker of Lore
    Last edited by vampire2948; 2012-03-06 at 01:34 PM.