New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXV: DJ Callan Turns the Tables

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Are you referring to this?

Spoiler
    Show

Yes. I actually wonder how he arrived at the conclusion that this is an improvement.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2011-05-04 at 01:50 AM.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXV: DJ Callan Turns the Tables

That's a hell of a derp-face Quilt's got in p.4.

I still don't see why scrying oneself is such a big deal. We've seen Lord Dominus do it before, haven't we? Can we at least get some explanation about why it's creepy? Or do we have to wait several years and then have an arc about how scrying oneself is like a fertility clinic with plastic surgery?
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

3. - Top - End - #633
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Except for being filler that could fit into two god-dam panels and being horribly drawn and confusing magic rules its pretty standard. nothing else to say really.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

You know what makes this comic really stand out? Mookie drew not two, not three, but four each of legs and feet. That's way above average and is actually quite remarkable.

. . . I actually can't tell if I'm being sardonic or not. If you figure it out, let me know.

Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Barbarian in the Playground

Luna knows enough about scrying to manipulate what a person ends up seeing, but she can't scry herself? Oookay...

6. - Top - End - #636
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Luna knows enough about scrying to manipulate what a person ends up seeing, but she can't scry herself? Oookay...
    She's just applying Acibeck's principle to the chaotic scry externally.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

I like today's comic. It has bubbles. And bubbles remind me of ponies. I like ponies. Derpy Hooves for President!
    And else? No, there's nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

8. - Top - End - #638
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    I like today's comic. It has bubbles.
    ****ing Bubbles!

9. - Top - End - #639

1. I could give Mookie the benefit of the doubt, but at this point I'll just assume the worst and say it's something Dominic could do to avoid detection all the time but never will because the plot doesn't demand it.
    You forget that Dominic is, in fact, supremely arrogant. He doesn't go through magic proxies because, come on, that's for people who don't know what they're doing. Like anti-virus software.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I still don't see why scrying oneself is such a big deal.
    It's a joke about something I'm not sure how explicit I can be in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    We all know Luna is actually an archmage. Or she would be, but all the circles are full.
    HYPOTHESIS: there exists somewhere a circle of second-string archmagi, who don't limit themselves to "one mage of each race that we recognize." One-on-one, they can't match the circle kids, but two-on-one, yes, and twenty-on-one, definitely, and untold-thousands-on-one, which is the way they'd fight if they had to, well, it's a good thing that archmagi don't like fighting.
    Last edited by rocketpony; 2011-05-04 at 05:58 AM.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

10. - Top - End - #640

Mookie isn't even bothering to make up rules on the spot any more. Now he's just stringing together sentences in the desperate hope that we'll buy whatever rule-breaking nonsense they're doing.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Colossus in the Playground

Am I the only one who sees this latest comic as the most obvious lead in to a weekend cliffhangar ever? Its just setting it up so blatantly to have something big happen that the drama is already destroyed before it can even happen!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #642

Did you know Urik was EVIL? Here, let me put his giant, ominous head in the background incase you weren't sure.

13. - Top - End - #643

Question about Quilt, wasnt jacob building him to try and create his own acibek type golem body or something like that? I vaguely recall rillian being pissed off about it way way WAY back in the story.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

14. - Top - End - #644

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Question about Quilt, wasnt jacob building him to try and create his own acibek type golem body or something like that? I vaguely recall rillian being pissed off about it way way WAY back in the story.
    It's never really explained why Jacob built Quilt in the first place. Honestly, I'll be happier if it remains unexplained, since attempts to explain things in DD always cause me headaches. I'd be satisfied if the only reason he did was to prove that it could be done.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

I always got a certain Nietzsche vibe from early Jacob. He explicitly cut all ties to his family and the rest of the world in VoD to achieve ultimate freedom and power. I thought that Quilt was his attempt to create a "superior being" that was unaffected by any kind of cultural imprinting. One of the things I really liked about early DD and Jacob was that he was consequent with his concept and let the possibility open that Quilt could become a nice guy, instead of programming him to become stereotypical evil.
    I wonder if it takes more than 5 minutes will somebody points out all the logical problems with that impression.
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

16. - Top - End - #646
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    I always got a certain Nietzsche vibe from early Jacob. He explicitly cut all ties to his family and the rest of the world in VoD to achieve ultimate freedom and power. I thought that Quilt was his attempt to create a "superior being" that was unaffected by any kind of cultural imprinting. One of the things I really liked about early DD and Jacob was that he was consequent with his concept and let the possibility open that Quilt could become a nice guy, instead of programming him to become stereotypical evil.
    I wonder if it takes more than 5 minutes will somebody points out all the logical problems with that impression.
    Actually that sounds pretty good....And leads to another sinister idea: What if Quilt isn't? What if he is merely a sleeper agent? Or Just a Prototype for something else? What if there is something higher for this laughing Quilt?

(Started watching Paranoia Agent)

Well too bad cause death isnt Zombies.

Edit:

Or what if he gets his powers from chained up souls? Or Concoiusnesses? And each one is suffering. And the Scrying on Pam is one of the Conciousnesses scrying on whom he loved (In an insane way).
    Last edited by TheArsenal; 2011-05-04 at 02:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #647

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    HYPOTHESIS: there exists somewhere a circle of second-string archmagi, who don't limit themselves to "one mage of each race that we recognize." One-on-one, they can't match the circle kids, but two-on-one, yes, and twenty-on-one, definitely, and untold-thousands-on-one, which is the way they'd fight if they had to, well, it's a good thing that archmagi don't like fighting.
    Oh, I like this idea. It'll be nice to see a legion of second rate archmages wipe out the smug Miranda type ones. Probably with a rationale that the Mirandas are incapable to judging and tackling dire situations, but hell, I'd take Mookie's trademark we kill you for the evluz.

18. - Top - End - #648

frown Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXV: DJ Callan Turns the Tables

This... this isn't an update. This is a not-update. It does the opposite of updating. There should be a new, stronger word for this.

and that's terrible.

you're hurting me here, Terracciano!

19. - Top - End - #649

Is it too late to dub quit's crystal bubbles as Scrynet?
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Garland View Post
    and that's terrible.

you're hurting me here, Terracciano!
    Terraciano wasted four weeks. That's as many as 28 days. And that's terrible.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Garland View Post
    This... this isn't an update. This is a not-update. It does the opposite of updating. There should be a new, stronger word for this.
    Are you talking about Wednesday's not-update, or Thursday's not-update?
    Sneaky Gate
    Future Link

The comic is doing a sterling job at not updating.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry, was there an update? I guess I must have missed it, given that NOTHING AT ALL HAS HAPPENED.

This is practically a clip show.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Troll in the Playground

Any other webcomic, I'd say that Quilt's going to die really soon after something like that.

But this is Dominic Deegan, so it's nothing but testament to Mookie's adamant refusal to put any visible effort into this subplot.

24. - Top - End - #654

frown Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXV: DJ Callan Turns the Tables

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Are you talking about Wednesday's not-update, or Thursday's not-update?
    Sneaky Gate
    Future Link

The comic is doing a sterling job at not updating.
    Spoiler
    Show

SHOCK / DISBELIEF

Ok, he has to do it on purpose. The rate at which this story moves forward is so low, it'll revert time and start flowing backwards.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Hehe, bubble thoughts, that's so funny, totally worth its own strip. Oh look, fluff, that's so funny, totally worth its own strip.
    ― Joseph Stalin

26. - Top - End - #656

NecromancerGuy

...Ok, the fact that Luna "needs a man" in order to take part in scrying just made things take a turn for the creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

27. - Top - End - #657
    Troll in the Playground

The upside, though - no terrible innuendo.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Orc in the Playground

So. Bubbles. Yeah. You were right yesterday Welf; we should be talking about Derpy instead of the strip. Much more interesting.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Id be very angry if I cared.

Mookie needs a guy to tell him "THIS ISN"T FUNNY!" *Kicks over Laptop*

Mookie REALLY needs an editor.

30. - Top - End - #660

AssassinGuy

This is not a clip show. Clip shows usually at least have interesting framing devices that still move the plot forward.

This? This is not interesting at all. The scenes shown in the bubbles aren't relevant. This is not an update. This is an anti-update.

Ugh, today's pun hurts. It hurts as bad as the time I caught Mortal Kombat Annihilation on TV and made the mistake of watching the whole thing.