New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXV: DJ Callan Turns the Tables

Is it just me or does Luna looked really embarrassed here? "I can't believe I'm walking in the bubblescape of THIS guy"

2. - Top - End - #662
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXV: DJ Callan Turns the Tables

Anyone fancy betting that tomorrow will feature feature Quilt being amazed by something he's seeing in a bubble that we won't get a look at until Monday?

Thought of the moment: This month of pointlessness would be capped off marvelously if this bubble scrying thing gets interrupted by Celesto showing up, due to being alerted via 6th sense that he was needed.
    Last edited by Darkmyst; 2011-05-05 at 04:14 AM.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Dwarf in the Playground

This kind of just sums up my feelings about everything.

I think Quilt knows he's in a comic strip. I think.... I think he can SEE US. Actually, I like to imagine that when Quilt talks about his creator, he's really talking about, and to, Mookles.

Behold!

He pleads with Mookie to stop the madness!

But he is denied.

We got to find a way to get him out guys. Perform a rescue operation, move him to a nicer, less stupid universe.
    Fangly my dear, I don't give a damn.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fangly View Post
    We got to find a way to get him out guys. Perform a rescue operation, move him to a nicer, less stupid universe.
    Quilt could try his luck in the Oracle is a car Dominikudigan universe.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #665
    Bugbear in the Playground

Apparently Dominikudigan finds PAM very important, seeing as PAM's name is in all-caps almost every time PAM comes up.
    LGBTitP

6. - Top - End - #666
    Barbarian in the Playground

Next: Luna gives up / says "This is stupid," and embarks on some harebrained scheme of her own. In the eleventh hour, Quilt realizes that he couldn't stop scrying himself because at some point in his history, Celesto came up to him and said "Listen, if you ever need me, I'll be in the Wild Edge. Meditating. Naked. Here, let me write it down for you in case you forget." The address is tattooed on the back of Quilt's head, and he's all "Guys you need to shave my head!" and everyone's all "Shut up Quilt, you are aggressively useless."

No this theory is not nearly absurd enough.

RE: Dominikudigan's rendering of Luna "I do not consider the quilt" Travoria is flawless.
    Last edited by rocketpony; 2011-05-05 at 05:58 AM.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

7. - Top - End - #667
    Orc in the Playground

Wouldn't it be lovely if the entire scrying chain broke when the first bubble popped?

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

Why is Domminikudigan at least as coherent as Dominic Deegan?

9. - Top - End - #669
    Colossus in the Playground

Heh, quilts pam fixation shows why so many seers are outcasts. Seriously, thats gotta be a creepy as hell thought. That these mysterious people can just WATCH you whenever they get the urge, and barring incredibly dangerous rituals or being unbelievably powerful, you have no way to detect or block it. Oh sure the vast majority have nothing to worry about since they dont actually know any seers, but after you have met one, especially if you are at all attractive, you will forever have to wonder if he is watching you. My recommendation? Every time you get undressed, or go to the bathroom, randomly flip off the empty air, just in case. And say, "Stop being such a damn pervert!" It might freak him out for a bit.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #670

So now they've encountered yet ANOTHER thing that they have to waste another few strips fixing with magibabble. Or let me guess: It won't ever be explained why Quilt is stuck scrying himself, he'll just suddenly get around it. The whole point of this strip was for the atrocious pun.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmyst View Post
    So. Bubbles. Yeah. You were right yesterday Welf; we should be talking about Derpy instead of the strip. Much more interesting.
    Fortunately I did.

Note the difference:

You'd think the image with the half naked woman and the creepy stalker who's also an evil cultist floating in empty space would be more interesting than a screenshot of a sloppy animated random background pony in a show aimed at prepubescent girls to sell toys. And yet, through Mookies newly developed technique of anti-updates the screenshot is more interesting. Instantly you ask yourself: Who is that? Why is she different? What's her story? What will happen to her? It's a testament to Mookie's descent as an author that he fails to fire our imagination anymore. And that is sadder than Bubbles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

12. - Top - End - #672

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    Apparently Dominikudigan finds PAM very important, seeing as PAM's name is in all-caps almost every time PAM comes up.
    But Luna is trying to avoid her (And some other things) in Quilt's arc. I wonder why. And also why Dominikudigan Luna is thus breaking the fourth wall.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #673

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Why is Domminikudigan at least as coherent as Dominic Deegan?
    Because someone could write a comic's dialogue by randomly pulling scrabble tiles out of a hat and it would be at least as coherent as DD.

14. - Top - End - #674

Imp

Is 'thought bubbles' even a pun? Because... that's literally what they are. Bubbles of thoughts.

You're not telling a joke, you're just describing what is happening?
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

15. - Top - End - #675

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Is 'thought bubbles' even a pun? Because... that's literally what they are. Bubbles of thoughts.

You're not telling a joke, you're just describing what is happening?
    Mookie: Ha! You guys thought today's comic had a bad pun, but in reality, they were just describing what they saw in a masterful display of "show AND tell extensively!" So the joke's on you. You see, because there was no joke. See? Because it only looked like that, but really wasn't? Get the idea?

WHAT A TWEEST

16. - Top - End - #676
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Garland View Post
    WHAT A TWEEST
    Fixed it for you

17. - Top - End - #677

So, he thinks it funny that we thought his bad writing was a joke?
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

18. - Top - End - #678

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    So, he thinks it funny that we thought his bad writing was a joke?
    That wasn't a real quote.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

19. - Top - End - #679

Even the stall until Friday strips are forced in their execution. Try and justify it all you want Quilt, but why not just say "The plot isn't allowed here."?

Actually, a calender detailing when exactly plot will happen in Dominic Deegan would be incredibly useful.

20. - Top - End - #680

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    That wasn't a real quote.
    And yet I would not be surprised if it WAS a real quote...

I still think it's more likely that he didn't actually have a pun for today than there's something we're all missing.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    But Luna is trying to avoid her (And some other things) in Quilt's arc. I wonder why. And also why Dominikudigan Luna is thus breaking the fourth wall.

Fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus View Post
    Because someone could write a comic's dialogue by randomly pulling scrabble tiles out of a hat and it would be at least as coherent as DD.
    Whenever I do that I just get "What's six times nine?"

In another news: Pam's boobs are atrocious. Good god.
    Fangly my dear, I don't give a damn.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    So, he thinks it funny that we thought his bad writing was is a joke?
    Fix'd.
    So I broke down, couldn't make it until Friday.
    I read Dominic Deegan. Now I'm sad.
    I read Dominikudigan or whatever it's called, and I'm sadder.
    Because Dominikudigan sounds like it's following a script. This is not a joke. This is not hyperbole. Random gibberish coming out of quilt and Luna sound more relevant than the actual comic.

I'd say I was done here, but no one truly leaves once they've crossed the event horizon. What were those comments about hotel California?

23. - Top - End - #683
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Fix'd.
    So I broke down, couldn't make it until Friday.
    I read Dominic Deegan. Now I'm sad.
    I read Dominikudigan or whatever it's called, and I'm sadder.
    Because Dominikudigan sounds like it's following a script. This is not a joke. This is not hyperbole. Random gibberish coming out of quilt and Luna sound more relevant than the actual comic.

I'd say I was done here, but no one truly leaves once they've crossed the event horizon. What were those comments about hotel California?
    You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

24. - Top - End - #684

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Is it too late, I wonder, to rename the Thread "Welcome to the Hotel Callan-fornia" ?

Such a lovely place.
    Such a lovely place.
    Such a lovely face.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2011-05-05 at 06:43 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

25. - Top - End - #685

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Hmmm...I never noticed how much Lars and DJ Callan look alike.
    LGBTitP

26. - Top - End - #686

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post

Spoiler
    Show

It's official. Dominic Deegan is just some horrible fanfiction of Dominikudigan, posted in the past by a malicious time traveler.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

27. - Top - End - #687

Is it too late, I wonder, to rename the Thread "Welcome to the Hotel Callan-fornia" ?

Such a lovely place.
    Such a lovely place.
    Such a lovely face.
    Well, that's my vote for the next thread title.

I'd comment on the comic now, but . . . what is there to comment on? I didn't really think Mookie's habit of having talking heads reiterate what we were just told could get much worse, but . . .

28. - Top - End - #688

And Urik the stalker-bartender. It really just has to do with sideburns.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground

Such a lovely place.
    Such a lovely place.
    Such a lovely face.
    Getting that goddamn song stuck in my head was about the last thing I needed today. Good god do I hate that song.

Anyway, I agree that Dominikudigan is far more entertaining and well-written than Dominic Deegan. That's not always the case. Sometimes it's just charmingly absurd. In this arc, though? It feels better-paced. Of all the things I was expecting from Dominikudigan, that's not one of them.

The most recent one is the best. I swear it makes perfect sense.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

30. - Top - End - #690

Imp

Everyone looks alike. It's Dominic Deegan.
    Show
    Then don't look close.