Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 867
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    With the nights watches set and the group settling in for the night, Rythia spins out a classic bard's tale for those that are willing to listen. As night deepen's and her tale draws to its conclusion those not on watch crawl into their bedrolls and are quickly asleep.

    As the night passes, the parties inexperience at travelling through the wilds becomes apparent as the sounds of the wildlife out on the plains and in the downs startles those on watch regularly.

    With the rising of the early morning sun, the party is greeted by fine weather that looks like it should hold throughout the day and allow them to reach Winterhaven by dusk.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "Ha! Hya!"

    The sound of a sword cutting through air and the occasional cries from Rythia broke the silence of the morning. It became rather clear that she used the early morning hours to practice her martial attacks. The half-elven woman had a surprisingly serious expression on her face as she continued to swing her blade at different angles against an imaginary foe. Her form was good and the whizzing sound her blade made only confirmed that she had the physical strength to wield it properly. If there was an obvious fault in her swordplay it was in her recovery time. She could make the strike count but she was leaving herself a little too wide open for a counter-attack.

    Rythia had enough sense to wait until the sun was almost up before she started to practice. If the noise didn't wake her companions, she intended to gently do so herself once she was finished. Regardless of which she ultimately had to do, the red haired maiden was quick in packing up her tent and getting ready to depart. She recalled Nathan's words regarding Thyrn and although she would still be concerned, she decided she would ease up just a little. I'll talk with him once or twice rather than five or six times...I guess I was putting him on the spot with that...
    Last edited by Demonicheart; 2011-05-11 at 09:06 PM.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Thyrn awoke fully alert. He gazed at his surroundings, in case anything at all had happened while he had slept.
    He heard the sounds of Rythia's exercises, which comforted him to an extent. It had not been since he had left the tribe of Gnolls that had raised him that he had heard anyone perform such ritual training early in the morning. Seeing nothing of importance to do, Thyrn began drawing arcane figures and random doodles in the dirt with the tip of his finger. He continued to do so as he waited for the others to awaken.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Iltaru, awake throughout the night, remained silent as he watched Rythia go through her practice routine.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Joran awoke to the sounds of Rythia's exercise. Recognizing the need to improve his own skill, he grabbed his greatsword and walked to where she was practicing. "Need a sparring partner?"

    "I admit that my weapon is not as refined as your longsword. I think my master-of-arms trained me on the greatsword because I was all power and no style. I'm afraid I have none of your finesse"
    Last edited by mykng; 2011-05-12 at 01:35 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Nathan awoke to the sound of blades and quickly got out of his sleeping bag to see where all the ruckus was coming from. After spying the rest of the group awake he went to wash up and change back into his clothes. He ended up using his mirror and drinking water to tidy up his hair and face, probably not a good thing, but his looks were something he prided himself in.

    Now, Nathan might be a fraud at delving into caves, but he did know his way around in a brawl. He watched with interest and a smile played on his lips as he analyzed their match. He crouched near Thyrn not moving his eyes from the fight and said, "So who are you? You're not wearing any armor even though you're adventuring. Not in any fashionable clothes either. And you're drawing foreign symbols on the ground. A witch perhaps? Come to join up with this Kalarel fellow?" He didn't turn to Thyrn but he was still grinning.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "A warlock." Replied Thyrn, still staring intently at the symbols he had been drawing in the ground. "Looking for someone to train me in magic." He braced himself for the inevitable reaction all he revealed the source of his power to. Despite knowing that the vast majority of people found such powers terrifying, and immediately assumed he was evil, he still often found himself instinctively telling the truth when asked such things.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Nathan didn't react with revulsion, instead he grinned wider. "Teach you magic," he laughed, "you'd go to Kalarel to learn magic? Somehow I don't believe you." The man was lying. Or he was baiting him into thinking he was lying. Probably the more likely situation. He looked to Thyrn for a reply.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "I go wherever I can. There's a lot to learn. Every little bit helps." Thyrn was somewhat surprised at this mild response to the source of his magic. "A lot of people don't want to teach Warlocks."

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Duly noting his surprise, Nathan decided that he was a naive fool and not trying to bait him with the truth. A potentially dangerous naive fool, but he wasn't called a swindler for nothing. He'd come in handy unless Iltaru got to him first. "You haven't tried Rockface yet? He seems to know his stuff. Then again, don't Warlocks make pacts with stronger beings for power? Couldn't your "Demon Lord" teach you?" He started to laugh but then stopped himself. He was trying to be friendly. Friendly Nathan, not insulting.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "A lot of Warlocks do that. I want to gain my own power. I was trained as a Warlock at first, because those were the only magic users in my home. But I don't want to be completely dependent on anyone else for power."
    Despite himself, Thyrn was grateful for the conversation Nathan was offering.
    I don't know these people. He thought. I should really be more cautious...

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia was grateful for the sparring partner since it was always more challenging to fight against a live opponent than mere imaginary ones, "Thank you, Joran. I'd appreciate the training and I think it will do us both some good." She bowed briefly to him before beginning in earnest. The young half-elf felt she stood alot to gain from this bout. It would show her what her companion was capable of and in a way help her understand his fighting style.

    As the blades clashed, she briefly glanced over to the others. It seemed that the two of them had attracted an audience. Although she couldn't hear the conversation, it seemed that Nathan and Thyrn were getting along well and Iltaru was taking an interest in the training. She idly commented to Joran, "Looks like everyone is getting along, I'm glad for that." Despite the minor distraction, Rythia was still focused on the sparring match. She figured they would continue fighting for a few minutes then call it quits to resume their journey.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "Fair enough. Some would argue against such a sentiment, but that would be completely hypocritical of me." He assured Thyrn. He stood up and dusted off his pants.

    He then walks to the two sparring and claps to gain their attention. "Joran, your swings are a bit heavy handed. An immediate weakness would be over-committing. You waste too much energy in strikes that don't kill. Rythia, you're suffering from a similar weakness. You overextend without defending yourself. Can I give you some pointers?"

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Joran thanked Rythia for being his training partner and Nathan for the tips. He then proceeded to pack with the rest of the party. "We really must get going."

    Taking into account Rythia's advice, he stated the marching order. "I'll walk in front. Thyrn will be second. His command of magical energy will allow him to strike down any hostile parties quickly. Rythia will be third, so that she can support all of us, and at the same time quickly reach the front or the back to provide additional defense. Iltaru will be fourth. I don't understand how he does what he does, but being there will allow him to impact our enemies subtly. Finally, Nathan will take the back. He seems quick on his feet to handle any surprises back there."

    "Nathan will allow our group to be dynamic. At his discretion, if he feels the rear is secure, he can occasionally sneak some distance ahead to scout for any hostile forces. When he leaves the rear, Rythia can fall back behind Iltaru to provide the rear guard."


    "Listen team" said Joran, "I don't want to give the impression that I'm barking orders. Quite the opposite actually. Among this group there are clearly those of you who are more experienced <he nods to Nathan> or more powerful <he nods to Thyrn> than I am. If you think there is a better strategy then speak up."

    "Finally, in the midst of battle, follow Rythia's advise. She has some command and tactical training"

    Joran then realized he was planning too much. Internally checking himself for forgetting to trust in his goddess, he absentmindedly rubbed to the symbol of Avandra that was affixed to his backpack. "Stay in the moment. Leave the future to Lady Luck." With that final thought he strapped his pack and his greatsword to his back, and strode ahead toward Gardbury Downs, hoping the party would follow.
    Last edited by mykng; 2011-05-12 at 11:43 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "...What I meant was a little less swingy more whacky. Like..." He paused for a moment. Then said, "We're not there anymore are we? I think I'd like to stick with yesterday's marching order." He looks at Joran quietly for a few moments, then quickly grabs Thyrn. "I weally wanna walk wif my new fwend." The begging act is obviously just sarcasm, probably from having his own plan ignored.

    He sighs and then moves closer to Joran then says quietly so Iltaru can't hear, "Look, that thing over there is probably just as thick as it sounds. I'll bet that it'll come out looking better than any knife you try to stab him with." He clasps Joran's shoulder reassuringly and winks, "Anyway, don't worry too much about it."

    He turns to address the rest of the party, "Alright everyone, if anyone forgot yesterday's marching order it was, Joran side-by-side with Rockface, followed by Rythia as per her request and followed by Thyrn and me."

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    With their marching order set, the party strikes camp and continues on towards Winterhaven. As they start out into the Gardbury Downs, the area seems desolate and has a rather eerie feel to it. Sticking to the road, they press on with all haste in order to reach the other side of the Downs before night falls.

    After journeying through the morning they reach a fork in the trail with a weather-beaten sign indicating a monastery off to the right and the King's Road continuing on to Winterhaven on the left. With a brief stop for lunch, the quickly resume their journey.

    Towards late afternoon they finally reach the end of the Downs and everyone noticeably relaxes. They are in the final leg of their journey now and are quickly approaching Winterhaven. We join them as they continue down the road...

    The wind in your faces is cool and comfortable. The road beneath your feet is level. An occasional ancient cobblestone peeks through the dirt road, indicating decades of neglect. You notice footprints leading up and down the road, many of which were made by small, clawed feet.


    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This brings us to the start of the main adventure. Which means its time for a map:

    King's Road

    Please tell me which square you would like to be in, first two columns on the road at the left edge please. If you have any trouble viewing the map, just let me know.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Having noticed the tracks you begin moving forward.


    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 1
    Joran........: 18 <-----------Active Player
    Rythia.......: 16
    Thyrn........: 11
    Nathan.....: 10
    Iltaru........: 7


    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (N1) Rythia : 25/25, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8

    (O1) Joran : 29/29, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 12/12

    (N0) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 10/10

    (O0) Iltaru : 26/26, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8

    (P1) Nathan : 22/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 6/6


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Joran walks toward the line of trees with his greatsword drawn. "Do you guys see anything?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: to M4
    Standard: Ready an action: if I see an enemy within 5 squares, I will charge at it with Virtuous Strike (which I can use as a Melee Basic Attack). Attack and Damage rolls if you need it. [roll]1d20+7+1[/roll] vs. AC and (1d10+4)[12] Radiant Damage...followed by...
    Minor: Ready an action: Divine Challenge on the closest enemy I see
    Free: Nature check regarding those footprints (1d20)[8]


    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 29/29 Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7 (Used 0/12)
    AC 17 Fort 14 Reflex 11 Will 15 Speed 5

    THP 0

    EFFECTS


    ACTION POINTS 1

    AT-WILL POWERS
    Enfeebling Strike
    Virtuous Strike
    Divine Challenge

    ENCOUNTER POWERS
    Cutting Words
    Valorous Smite
    Divine Mettle or Divine Strength
    Second Wind

    DAILY POWERS
    Paladin's Judgement
    Lay on Hands

    ITEM POWERS

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia arched a confused brow as she stared at the numerous claw-like prints scattered the dirt road, "...Did a chicken farmer pass by here with his flock?" Despite letting her imagination run a little wild, there were a few things didn't escape her attention, "There are certainly a lot of trees and rocks on this stretch of the road. It makes it hard to see anything really."

    She noticed Joran's concern over that fact and decided to prepare herself as well, "I...really hope I am right about that chicken fantasy. At least then, we will have a good laugh about this later." Out of morbid curiosity, her eyes drifted to the clawed marks on the ground and she made a serious effort in trying to identify them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round Actions

    Standard Action: Ready Light Shield
    Minor Action: Draw Longsword
    Move Action: Move to L3
    Free Action: Nature Check (1d20-1)[10]


    Rythia's Status Block:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 25/25 Bloodied 12 Healing Surge 8 (0 used /8)
    AC 18 Fort 15 Reflex 11 Will 14 Speed 5

    THP 0

    EFFECTS

    ACTION POINTS 1

    At-Will Powers
    Furious Smash
    Wolf Pack Tactics


    Enounter Powers
    Valiant Strike
    Inspiring Word (1)
    Inspiring Word (2)
    Guarding Attack

    Second Wind


    Daily Powers
    Bastion of Defense

    Item Powers

    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    You notice nothing untoward as you advance down the road.


    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 1
    Joran........: 18
    Rythia.......: 16
    Thyrn........: 11 <-----------Active Player
    Nathan.....: 10
    Iltaru........: 7


    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (L3) Rythia : 25/25, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8

    (M4) Joran : 29/29, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 12/12

    (N0) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 10/10

    (O0) Iltaru : 26/26, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8

    (P1) Nathan : 22/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 6/6


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-05-14 at 10:33 AM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Thyrn drew his weapon and prepared himself for whatever might occur. He moved ten feet along the path and began drawing arcane energy in case anything might try to attack them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Action Draw Spear
    Move Action Move to N2


    Status Block
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 30/30 Healing Surges 7 (0/10 used)
    AC 13 Fort 14 Ref 12 Will 14
    Temporary Hit Points 0
    At-Will Powers
    -Edritch Blast
    -Hellish Rebuke

    Encounter Powers
    -Vampiric Embrace
    -Enfeebling Strike

    Daily Powers
    -Flames of Phlegeothos

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Nathan draws puts a hand by his belt pouch and palms a dagger. He mouths, "Be quiet," to the others. He then moves as quietly as possible to the nearest brush for cover and then tries to look around vigilantly to hear or see things he might have missed before.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spend standard action to make a second move action.
    Double move to E6
    Minor Action Perception Check


    Status Block:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 22/22 Bloodied 11 Healing Surge 5 (0 used /7)
    AC 17 Fort 11 Reflex 18 Will 13 Speed 6

    THP 0

    EFFECTS
    None

    ACTION POINTS 1

    At-Will Powers
    Ambush Trick
    Escape Artist's Trick


    Enounter Powers
    Heroic Effort
    Backstab

    Second Wind

    Last edited by Kubular; 2011-05-16 at 06:59 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Out of his element, Iltaru remained perfectly still, waiting for a signal from the others.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Small creatures hiding behind the rocks spring into view and begin to move toward you. With a shriek, the small humanoids attack. Scaled and rust-colored, they have reptilian heads and tails.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Combat has begun in earnest. Turk, I missed the edit to Kubular's post last night, would you like to edit your turn as he would have spotted the creatures?



    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 2
    T.............: 21
    S.............: 20
    Joran........: 18
    Rythia.......: 16
    Thyrn........: 11
    Nathan.....: 10
    Iltaru........: 7 <-----------Active Player


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show

    (D8) T1 :
    (E11) T2 :
    (D12) T3 :
    (D13) T4 :
    (K14) T5 :
    (E9) S1 :



    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (L3) Rythia : 25/25, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8

    (M4) Joran : 29/29, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 12/12

    (N0) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 10/10

    (E6) Iltaru : 26/26, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8

    (P1) Nathan : 22/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 6/6


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show
    New Map
    Features of the Area:
    • Foliage: provides light cover/concealment, counts as difficult terrain

    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    As the scaly creatures emerged from the bushes with a shriek, Iltaru strode forward.

    Time to show them what I can do.

    He stared intently ahead, focusing his gaze on the single kobold to the south of the road. His eyes flashed briefly, then returned to their normal glow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I was going to edit my previous post, but was not sure how that would work with the die rolls so I thought it was safer to create a new post.

    Move to K4
    Mind Thrust (at-will) on K14.
    Hit: (1d20+4)[9] vs will
    Damage if hit: (1d10+6)[11] psychic damage

    If my edit (forgot to include my movement) messes up the rolls, they were 9vs will to hit and 11 damage if that somehow does hit.
    Last edited by Turk Mannion; 2011-05-17 at 06:44 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Iltaru launches a blast of psychic energy at the enemy straight ahead of him which it manages to shrug off before its allies and it charge into battle. The first 3 of the creatures swarm towards Nathan with the first one stabbing wildly with its javelin and missing while the two following him manage to strike true and cause the Thief a couple of deep wounds. The remaining 2 swarm towards the psion, again the first misses with his thrust while the second hits home.

    Seeing the little ones charge into battle, another steps out from behind the rocks and launches a small pot filled with fire towards the defender who is hit in the chest. The pot bursts upon impact coating him in still burning fire.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Iltaru Missed

    T1 steps back and charges Nathan @ 15 vs AC (miss)

    T2 moves around the rock and charges Nathan @ 19 vs AC (hit, 5 damage)

    T3 moves out towards the trees and charges Nathan @ 26 vs AC (hit, 5 damage)

    T4 moves forward and then charges Iltaru @ 9 vs AC (miss)

    T5 moves forward and then charges Iltaru @ 27 vs AC (hit, 5 damage)

    S1 move to F9 and special shot vs Joran @ 27 vs AC (hit, 8 damage and ongoing 2 fire damage (save ends)

    It is now Joran's turn, you take 2 damage from the ongoing, don't forget to save at the end of your turn.



    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 2
    T.............: 21
    S.............: 20
    Joran........: 18 <-----------Active Player
    D..............: 16
    Rythia.......: 16
    Thyrn........: 11
    Nathan.....: 10
    Iltaru........: 7


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show

    (D7) T1 :
    (F6) T2 :
    (D6) T3 :
    (J5) T4 :
    (K5) T5 :
    (F9) S1 :
    (--) D1 :
    (--) D2 :



    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (L3) Rythia : 25/25, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8

    (M4) Joran : 19/29, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 12/12, Ongoing 2 fire damage (save ends)

    (N0) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 10/10

    (E6) Iltaru : 21/26, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8

    (P1) Nathan : 12/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 6/6


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show
    New Map
    Features of the Area:
    • Foliage: provides light cover/concealment, counts as difficult terrain

    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "Iltaru, step back! Let them focus on me!" Joran takes a step closer to the two creatures that attacked his shardmind companion. He stares down the closer one, cries out for Avandra's favor and swings his greatsword.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Move: Shift to L4
    Minor: Divine Challenge on creature T5
    Standard: Enfeebling Strike on creature T5 (1d20+7)[19] vs. AC. If it hits, then (1d10+4)[10] damage and it takes -2 penalty to attack rolls (until the end of my next turn)


    Stat Block:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 21/29 Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7 (Used 0/12)
    AC 17 Fort 14 Reflex 11 Will 15 Speed 5

    THP 0

    EFFECTS
    2 ongoing fire damage (save ends)

    ACTION POINTS 1

    AT-WILL POWERS
    Enfeebling Strike
    Virtuous Strike
    Divine Challenge

    ENCOUNTER POWERS
    Cutting Words
    Valorous Smite
    Divine Mettle or Divine Strength
    Second Wind

    DAILY POWERS
    Paladin's Judgement
    Lay on Hands

    ITEM POWERS

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Joran tries to brush the flames off of himself.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to take the 2 ongoing fire damage and attempt the saving throw. The following stat block reflects my conditions if I did not save.

    I took 2 fire damage and here's my saving throw against being on fire (1d20)[18]


    Stat Block:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 19/29 Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7 (Used 0/12)
    AC 17 Fort 14 Reflex 11 Will 15 Speed 5

    THP 0

    EFFECTS
    2 ongoing fire damage (save ends)

    ACTION POINTS 1

    AT-WILL POWERS
    Enfeebling Strike
    Virtuous Strike
    Divine Challenge

    ENCOUNTER POWERS
    Cutting Words
    Valorous Smite
    Divine Mettle or Divine Strength
    Second Wind

    DAILY POWERS
    Paladin's Judgement
    Lay on Hands

    ITEM POWERS

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia blinked in surprise as the little scaly creatures jumped out at the group with daggers, spears and apparently flaming solutions at their disposal. Although Nathan did the group a favor by flushing out the beasts before they could completely surround the party, he had put himself in a position where they completely surrounded him instead. Even if the main group could use her around to deal with the two lizards nearby, their human ally likely needed more help than everyone else. The half-elven woman let out a quick comment to Joran, "I'm going to help Nathan. Please be careful, we have much more ahead in our journey than this." With that, Rythia strafed around behind the paladin and the two scaled attackers. One might have pointed out that there was no way for her to reach Nathan with just this simple move. However, she would have proven them wrong.

    Once she cleared the first skirmish, Rythia bent her legs a little into a crouching position and dashed forward at one of the little lizards surrounding Nathan. The crimson haired woman cried out as she charged with her longsword extended in front of her, "Nathan, I'm coming to back you up! We'll get through this." She was trying to encourage her ally not to lose faith in their combined might. Rythia was pushing herself to her limits in the start of the battle. Whether or not this would come back to haunt her latter was anyone's guess.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Round actions
    Minor Action: Inspirational Word on Joran (regain hp (1d6+7)[12]. I already added in your healing surge value.)
    Move Action: L3 to M4 (since Joran's not there), M4 to M6, M6 to L7, L7 to K8.
    Standard Action: Charge Attack on the Kobold at F5.
    Effects: +1 to attack roll, +2 for flanking. Moving to G5.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[11]
    If Hit, damage: (1d8+4)[8]

    Action Point!

    Minor Action: Inspirational Word, Nathan. (regain hp (1d6+5)[11]. I already added in your healing surge value.)


    Rythia's Status Block:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 25/25 Bloodied 12 Healing Surge 8 (0 used /8)
    AC 18 Fort 15 Reflex 11 Will 14 Speed 5

    THP 0

    EFFECTS

    ACTION POINTS 0

    At-Will Powers
    Furious Smash
    Wolf Pack Tactics


    Enounter Powers
    Valiant Strike
    Inspiring Word (1)
    Inspiring Word (2)
    Guarding Attack

    Second Wind


    Daily Powers
    Bastion of Defense

    Item Powers

    Last edited by Demonicheart; 2011-05-18 at 06:16 AM.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    As Joran steps forward and brings his sword around in a vicious swing, he manages to drop the tunneler directly in front of him. Seeing the success of her ally, Rythia manages to charge another one of the tunnelers surrounding Nathan but misses. She does however manage to bolster Joran allowing him to feel refreshed.

    Seeing a healer on the field, one of the dragon-shields moves to confront her and by fighting in a dirty manner, is able to not only inflict a serious injury on Rythia, but to keep her in position for now.

    The other dragon-shield moves to avenge the fallen tunneler by attacking Joran in much the same manner. Joran also takes a vicious gash and loses feeling in his legs briefly.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Joran hits and kills T5

    Rythia misses T2

    D1 moves to H6 and attacks Rythia with Dirty Tactics @ 25 vs Ref (hit)
    Rythia takes 15 damage and is immobilized until the end of D1's next turn

    D2 moves to N6 and then shifts (minor) to M5 and attacks Joran with Dirty Tactics @ 21 vs Ref (hit)
    Joran takes 12 damage and is immobilized until the end of D2's next turn


    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 2
    T.............: 21
    S.............: 20
    Joran........: 18
    Rythia.......: 16
    D..............: 16
    Thyrn........: 11 <-----------Active Player
    Nathan.....: 10
    Iltaru........: 7


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show

    (D7) T1 :
    (F6) T2 :
    (D6) T3 :
    (J5) T4 :
    (K5) T5 :
    (F9) S1 :
    (H6) D1 :
    (M5) D2 :



    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (L3) Rythia : 10/25, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8, Bloodied, Immobilized UE D1's NT

    (M4) Joran : 17/29, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 11/12, Immobilized UE D2's NT

    (N0) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 10/10

    (E6) Iltaru : 21/26, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8

    (P1) Nathan : 12/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 6/6


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show
    New Map
    Features of the Area:
    • Foliage: provides light cover/concealment, counts as difficult terrain

    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-05-18 at 11:35 AM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •