New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

The night passes uneventfully as the heroes sleep in the silvery glow of the mural.

Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Square | Character | Hit Points | Temp HP | Surges | AP | Effects
    AY21 | Verin| 30/30| 0 | 4/4 | 1 |
    AU16 | Draziw | 26/26| 0 | 7/7 | 1 |
    AY23 | Weeping Crane | 33/33| 0 | 10/10 | 1 |
    AX23 | Laina | 30/30 | 0 | 8/8 | 1 |
    AX24 | Antivian | 30/30 | 0 | 8/8 | 1 | [/table]

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Weeping Crane
    We can use this place as a base of operations during our mission here. We must not draw the goblinkin here; the light may keep out undead, but living, breathing goblinkin are another matter, muses the monk with unusual talkativeness; he seems in a less dour mood since the long rest. I hear nothing beyond the door; let us go see what we can see.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As Crane opens the door, the silvery light from the mural seeps into the room to reveal a crypt. The raised dais in the crypt holds a single coffin. Carved on the lid of the coffin is a warrior in plate armour with a sword laid across his chest, the point toward his feet.

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gillric; 2013-03-12 at 07:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Laina, Runepriest of the Raven Queen
    Laina looked around the new-found room. Taking extra care to mind her surroundings and not step on something she shouldn't. Though the stone warrior intrigued her, so she looked to see if there were any distinguishable religious markings on it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+6)[4](10)
    Religion (1d20+5)[12](17)

Is it not sad that my traind religion check as a lower mod than my untrained Perception check?
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Weeping Crane
    The monk stays alert to any danger, but does not have anything worth contributing to the scene, standing in the doorway, hands in his sleeves.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

6. - Top - End - #756
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Let me risk a closer look on this. This could be the lord of the keep, or someone of importance."

Draziw tries to investigate the tomb and the sword, looking for hints who is burried here.

Spoiler
    Show

Religion: (1d20+7)[17]
    Perception: (1d20+5)[20]
    History: (1d20+12)[32]

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Laina, after standing for a moment taking the room in, walks up to the coffin. "My lady, grant this body peace as I disturb its slumber. Keep this weary soldier at peace." With that, Laina opens the coffin to see what is inside.
    Spoiler
    Show
    JIC I need a perception check to look into the coffin, if not disregard.
    (1d20+6)[8](14)
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2013-03-19 at 08:14 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As Laina reaches to open the coffin, the heavy lid explodes in a flurry of dust. A humanoid skeleton girded in plate armour rises from the cloud. It holds aloft a longsword. The rift must never be re-opened! it croaks. State your business, or prepare to die!

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Weeping Crane
    The monk steps forward swiftly, hands in sleeves, and bows to the skeleton. Honoured guardian, we did not wish to disturb your slumber. Goblins have taken over the keep and raid the townsfolk; we have come to get rid of them and bring peace back to Winterhaven, he says respectfully, head bowed.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

After Crane finishes speaking, the skeleton seems to since that the spokesperson for the group is Verin and turns to address him. That answer does not ring true. Why should I believe that you are all what you claim to be?

11. - Top - End - #761
    Barbarian in the Playground

Verin was somewhat flustered by the talking skeleton, but quickly regained his composure, before saying: "If we knew about this rift, would it not make sense that we would know that it would be guarded? And if we knew this, why would we be opening coffins?"

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Turning to address Draziw as he mulls over Verin's response. What deity do you serve? Can I trust that you are true to that service?

Spoiler
    Show
    Leolo, please provide a religion roll with your response.
    Last edited by Gillric; 2013-03-21 at 04:21 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763

Am i the right person to answer this? is the thought creeping into his mind.

Draziw has lived to many lifes, bound to eternal dying in this place to serve the gods he had forgotten. Which of them was the first? Which of them had truly the oath of the grey wizard to serve him?

He doesn't knew it any longer.

All he knows is that there is something to do, a reason to be here.

Only deeds can bring truth into the service of man. If you can see me standing in this light it is because i had searched for the blessing of the platinum lord and he granted us his protection that the darkness could not intrude. No word i can say will outshine this light.

Spoiler
    Show

Religion check: (1d20+7)[9]

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Once again turning to address Verin, That answer holds no truth. Why should I believe that you are not here to open the rift!

Finally turning to address Laina, If you trust your senses not to betray you, tell me what you see before you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check for Laina please.
    Last edited by Gillric; 2013-03-21 at 08:11 PM.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Laina looks around her, saying a little prayer as she does, "My Lady, let me see through your eyes so that I may see what needs to be seen. Let me see what I should, and let me see past the physical form of this great warrior, to the soul that still burns brightly in it."As she does this, Laina traces a rune in the air, helping her to see what she needs to see.

Spoiler
    Show
    The mod for my perception isn't too bad, +6, so with the 14, a 20 total
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2013-03-21 at 06:48 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Turning again to address Verin, A convincing answer, or at least one convincingly given. Can you attest to the truth of your comrade’s claim?

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy roll for Verin again.

17. - Top - End - #767

"While I haven't known her long, it is clear that Laina is an honorable servant of the Raven Queen. I would stand by what she says."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy- (1d20+9)[23]

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Nodding at Verin's response, the armoured warrior turns to Crane to ask his next question. You wear a fearsome demeanor. Are you really as formidable as you look?

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

Weeping Crane
    I hope you do not interpret my silence as aggression, noble guardian. I am in mourning, and prefer only to speak when spoken to. I suppose it can be said that I am fearsome in battle, you would need to ask my companions about that. I am but a humble servant of Ioun, replies the monk, bowing to the guardian again.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The warrior nods to you all. I am Sir Keegan. I was commander here in Shadowfell Keep. It was my charge to keep the rift sealed, lest Orcus’s unholy powers once again seep into the world. I believe you are who you claim to be.

Spoiler
    Show
    Skill Challenge Succeeded, 218XP each. Fell free to just discuss with Sir Keegan.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Weeping Crane
    The monastery where I was raised protected a rift to a realm of madness and unthinkable horror. The rift was opened, and the monastery laid to waste. I will do all I can to prevent the same from happening here. Do you think the goblins that reside here know of the rift you protect?
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Why else would they be here? They must be part of a plot to reopen the rift.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Weeping Crane
    The monk nods. I cannot speak for my companions out of hand, but I will do whatever it takes to assist you in keeping this rift closed. The people of Winterhaven will not suffer what my people did, if I have any say in the matter. With that declaration of support, the monk falls silent once again.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I am past redemption. But perhaps I can grant you aid. I cannot leave this crypt, but Aecris can. Perhaps this elegant weapon, unlike me, can be redeemed. I give it to you that you might purge Shadowfell Keep of those who work to open the rift. Seek Bahamut’s boon at the altars outside and perhaps he too will grant you aid. Finally, I will send a noble warrior to accompany you to ensure the rift remains sealed. Sir Keegen appears to concentrate for a moment before a patch of mist begins to coalesce in the room in the shape of a man. As the mist solidifies, you see a very disoriented warrior appear before you.

Spoiler
    Show
    ENTER Antivian!

Aecris: This +1 magic longsword (value 1,000 gp) is inlaid with platinum. It has a line of three white diamonds set into the flat of its blade and a pommel carved to resemble the head of a noble dragon. It provides its user with a +1 bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls and deals +1d6 damage on a critical hit.
    In addition, it has a daily power that can be activated as a free action: When you drop an undead enemy to 0 hit points, gain one healing surge.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Antivian Qualinyr

The warrior stood there, coughing in the mist, looking a bit unstable. As this mist cleared, a blond haired eladrin stood before the party. He looked around, unsure of where he was, and his hand instantly went to his sword at his hip. "I don't know who you are or what you want, but if you think you'll catch me unaware, you'll soon find that I am no fool nor easy prey!" He drew his blade in a flash, and sparkling silver and gold flashed in the air.

Standing tall, the warrior looked fearsome indeed. He wore armor of green looking cloth over interlinked chainmail, though it made no noise as he moved. He bore a shield engraved with the crescent moon of Correllon laid over top a sword. His bright green eyes were determined and dedicated. A large spear rested at his back, and he looked very dangerous with his sword.

After a moment though, the warrior lost his composure, and stumbled to his knees. Breathing raggedly, he looked up. "Who....are you.....and where.....am I?" He looked pale and disoriented, and as he slowly started to regain composure, he appeared to calm down.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I have summoned you here to assist and watch these others as they attempt to prevent the rift from being reopened.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

Antivian Qualinyr

"You summoned me?" The figure looks confused, but he nods slowly. "And who are all of you? What is he talking about?" The warrior looks at the party, and slowly decides to sheath his blade. With a resounding sound, the blade slides into its sheath, and he stands more easily. His posture starts to relax, but he keeps his distance from both the lord of this crypt and the party of adventurers he doesn't know.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!

28. - Top - End - #778

"My name is Verin, and these are my associates, Crane, Laina, and Draziw. We came here to try to bring peace to Winterhaven, though it seems that there is a rift of some sort here that needs protection."

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The rift is of the utmost importance! Cries out Sir Keegan when Verin refers to it as just some Rift. If it is not kept sealed, untold evils will sweep across the land once more.

30. - Top - End - #780

The wizard called Draziw is a grey being, with skin like paper burned to fine ash. Black lines are tattooed on his face and neck, probably going even deeper on him.

His voice seems a little bit displaced, as it sound like the voice of an old man, but his body is young.

As he said I am draziw, and if it is true what he is saying, we will stop this. The guardian here called you a noble warrior. If you can grant us help it is always welcome. The keep we are in is currently inhabited by a group of goblinlike creatures and they have attacked the nearby villages and ambushed us. They seem well organized, and it is possible that someone is behind this. If the rift is within these halls we should hurry.

Although Draziw is obviously not more than the word wizard backwards, and probably not his real name he still seems to be honest regarding his intention to protect this rift.

"Can you tell us more about the rift? We need to know how to close it. I am a wizard, skilled in the arcane arts, but any help could be precious."
    Last edited by Leolo; 2013-03-29 at 07:17 AM.