New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

Laina, Runepriest of the Raven Queen
    Laina hears the intensity at which the guardian speaks, "This is why the Raven Queen sent me here, then. To make sure this rift doesn't open and to save the world from untold numbers of undead sweeping across this land. We shall see this done, and no vile creature shall stand in our way. You have my word." Laina takes out her sword, tracing on the ground in a arcane, bluish hue, the symbols of trust and oaths, deepening her promise.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

Weeping Crane
    The sorrowful monk with the teardrop tattoo simply bows to the new arrival, and then to Sir Keegan. With nothing productive to add to the discussion, he adds nothing, waiting for the undead knight to give them the necessary details of the Keep before they depart.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Antivian

Still confused, but at least calm and steady, the Eladrin Warrior nods to the group. "My life is dedicated to the journey, not the destination. If I can aid you, then that shall be my honor. I know not of this rift of which you speak, but I've seen enough places overwhelmed by horrors to know that it is not a joking matter. Especially when beings powerful enough to pluck a being away from their destination like a grape from the vine intervene." Antivian draws his blade, and crosses it over his chest. "I am Antivian Qualinyr, last and only son of Tel'nassus. On the honor of my home and my father's sword, I'll see this rift closed and its perpetrators brought to justice."
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Find whoever is trying to unseal the rift and destroy them!

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

Laina nods her head at the warrior, kneeling before him and sheathing her own sword, taking the sword he presented the group. "We shall use this to not only rid the world of the wretched undead, but stop any who seek to open the rift. The sword will drink of their blood, on the name of the Raven Queen, I promise this."

Laina takes the sword and swings it around, getting a feel for it, tracing runes of power in the air with it. She could feel the magic flowing through it and knew that it, too, wanted the undead wiped from the face of the lands. After moments passed between Laina and Aecris, she believed they had an understanding. She took her old sword from its scabbard, fastened it to her back so it wouldn't get lost, and replaced it with Aecris.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

6. - Top - End - #786
    Bugbear in the Playground

Draziw has another question to the warrior, speaking calm and friendly.

"Can you tell us, brave sir - if there are others in this crypt that have recently disturbed your eternal slumber?"

"Have some of the kobolds entered this part of the keep?"

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

YOU STAND AROUND HERE WASTING TIME WITH THESE POINTLESS QUESTIONS??? Bellows Sir Keegan. THE RIFT MUST NOT BE OPENED, THERE IS NO TIME TO DELAY!

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

Weeping Crane
    The monk furrows his brow - clearly, the skeletons years of solitude have addled its undead brain. Can it not see that information is vital in any battle? Regardless, it seems like they will get no more information from it. Weeping Crane moves to leave the room.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

9. - Top - End - #789

"And because there is no time to waste, don't stand here and let me explain why I ask you if you have seen those that want to open the rift. We need to find them fast, fight them fast and every knowledge about the keep and those that have entered it can be valuable."

Draziw still speaks calm, not aggressive or offended by the reaction of the undead, but something in his voice has become more bold, used to tell orders...as if a different life has broken through his memory, a life when he wasn't what he is today.

"If you were in command here in times long forgotten can you remember the keep as it was? Can you draw a map, or at least tell us about the most important rooms? The leader of the kobolds might have taken over them."

"And yes - this is intended to save time. When we search the whole keep for the rift it will be open before we reach it."

It is pretty clear how much the very young, grey man values knowledge and preparation, and he seems to don't like the thought of starting without any.
    Last edited by Leolo; 2013-04-09 at 12:22 AM.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

Antivian

"I must agree with my wise new companion. Rushing into this situation is the uttermost foolishness when we have the potential advantage of tactical surprise on our side. With it, we could navigate around dangers, avoid traps, send our foes through said traps for our benefit, and we can strike in the heart of this conspiracy and cut it out before it grows too large to excise."
    Last edited by Arq Kujos; 2013-04-09 at 02:05 PM.
    Currently Playing:

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

"Mighty defender of this Keep, I now know why I am here, but I know nothing of this place, nor the dangers of it. Please, if you have any knowledge of the whereabouts of the enemies in the keep, please tell us. I would hate for us to walk into a trap and the great power of Aecris to be lost to the enemy. We do not mean to anger you, but the more information we have, the great our chance of succeeding on the quest to close the rift." Laina gives him a little bow, but maintains eye contact with the guardian, showing him respect but staying firm to her point.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

If I can not leave this room, how would you expect me to know where these enemies are? All I can tell you is that the keep was built on the rift.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

Antivian
    The Eladrin's keen tactical mind started to evaluate the situation. "And what of all of you? Do you have some kind of map marking where you have been and what you have seen? I'm having a hard time understanding the entire situation here."
    Currently Playing:

14. - Top - End - #794

"No we have not." answers the young wizard with the stone grey skin.

"I have seen ages in time, but never heard enough of this halls to remember which path we should go. Nor does any of our companions knew more or could provide a map in advance.

Until now i have found some magical traps blocking the corridors in the northwest of this chamber. Between there and here is a path through sarcophagi that spit skeletons on us - and a friendly lady to help our quest as well."

Draziw looks at Laina with a smile. It seems as if the wizard can easily remember the surroundings they have been walking and fighting through, although he doesn't takes the time to tell it in the right order or to wait if someone can follow his thoughts fast enough.

"In the east of the trapped path are steps to a higher level, where two more halls and the steps to the wilderness can be found. We haven't searched all doors and corridors there yet, so the rift might be hidden there, too. But if you ask me we should try to disenchant the magic in the western corridors first. It seems reasonable that this path is leading to our goal, as i doubt the magic was always here."
    Last edited by Leolo; 2013-04-16 at 05:20 AM.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Antivian

Antivian nodded, concluding a similar idea. "If this rift is dangerous and important, it makes sense that they will hide it deeper in this place rather than in the more shallow halls."

Antivian furrows his brow and rests his hand on his chin for a moment before stopping and turning back to the group. "Of course, we would probably still be best served by checking the top floors first. The last thing we want is to be surprised by brigands or worse if we learn that we need assistance or need to retreat with haste. It would be poor planning to not have a clear and safe evacuation route."
    Currently Playing:

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

Laina listens intently at what the others are saying, in regards to a plan of attack. "At the very least, we can start clearing out the keep of enemies that might stab us in the back, like Antivian said. I, too, don't like having hordes of monsters breathing down our neck. This magic you speak of, Draziw, sounds like it may have been planted in the keep, and like you said, protect something from being found. If the worst should happen, we can always retreat back down here to the guarding light of the altar. Sir Keegan, will the other guardians attack us if we come back down here? Now that we have shown our true natures and loyalty to keeping the rift closed?"

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The skeletal legions are indeed now dormant.

18. - Top - End - #798

After the discussion with the undead guardian draziw leads the group back through the western corridor filled with sarcophagi and further north until they reach the magical traps he has spoken about.

From here we could turn east and then north, back to the entry hall and find out there who else is in this level of the keep. I'd suggest that from the entry hall we will turn to the west again. Maybe there is a path arround the traps we can use.

He is careful now, stopping from time to time to move the magical light ball he had created with a spell and listening to the sounds in the corridors in front of them and checking the walls for something they might have missed before.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception:
    (1d20+5)[22]
    Last edited by Leolo; 2013-05-02 at 06:26 AM.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

Weeping Crane
    The silent monk stays near the front of the group, ready for danger. His stance appears relaxed, but he is ready to enter a fighting pose as soon as a threat rears its head. He keeps his eyes peeled for dangers revealed by Draziw's light.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+7)[22]
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

Laina follow Draziw and Crane to the place where these trapped "runes" were....or whatever they were. She draws out Aecris, feeling the hum of power flowing through it, trying to feel if there is a sentient energy in the sword, or if it is just merely power that she feels. Laina also keeps a watchful eye out for anything that might want to do them more harm....especially the undead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Insight on the sword (1d20+11)[5](16)
    Perception (1d20+6)[8](14)

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The corridor widens into a long, narrow chamber. Doors are set in the northern and western walls, and iron double doors stand to the east. Faint bloodstains streak the floor between the western door and the northern door.

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #802
    Barbarian in the Playground

Verin advanced just slightly ahead of the rest of the group and looked ahead, trying to make sure there were no details hidden from the rest of the group by the darkness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+8)[19]

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

Antivian

Approaching carefully with his new allies, Antivian draws carefully on a lifetime of study to see if anything about this layout or building style is familiar to him. Secret passes, booby traps, and ambushes all interest.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception Check: (1d20+7)[14]
    History Check: (1d20+11)[22]
    Currently Playing:

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

Weeping Crane
    Goblins to the north, warns the monk, facing that way and falling into a defensive stance.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

Antivian

Silently, Antivian draws his blade. "Perhaps we can lure them to us. Alternatively, we can attempt to sneak up on them and deal with them handedly before they are aware and call reinforcements."
    Currently Playing:

26. - Top - End - #806

"I think i could lure them here, but we'd have to be ready for a fight."

Draziw whispers with a magical voice, sounding as if he would be directly next to the ear of those who should hear him.

"I can create the odor of fresh roasted boar. They might be hungry, and think that some hunters are at the outside of the keep or have searched shelter in the entry hall."

27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground

Weeping Crane
    The monk nods. Must fight them eventually. Now as good as other time. We should prepare ambush.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #808

Draziw wents back to the entry hall and tells the others to hide in one of the corridors. There he blows a small powder in the air, silvery and glowing. Before if sinks down to the ground the wizard forms it to a cloud that becomes thicker and thicker. The creation looks fragile, but Draziw takes small strains of silver dust and starts to form a fireplace out of it. It burns, exactly the way a true fire would and when the magician continues a roasted boar is created, rotating over the fire. No sound can be heard though, the flames does not create heat and the boar does not fill the air with tasty smell of fresh roasted meat.

But Draziw has more spells to avoid this problems. He creates the sound of fire with a ghostly voice by himself, and when he moves his hand the strong and tasty odor of the illusionary boar fills the air.

Hide yourself!

Himself he stays at the fire, lying as if he would have fallen asleep.

Spoiler
    Show

The spells used are silent image (ritual) for the optical part, ghost sound for sound and prestidigitation for the strong smell of roasted boar

Arcana to foil the goblins
    (1d20+12)[19]
    the perception DC to see through the illusion is 29
    Last edited by Leolo; 2013-05-08 at 02:16 AM.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

Weeping Crane
    The monk uses the shadows cast by Draziw's fire and the night vision blinding effect of the light to conceal himself against the wall. Despite his bright white robes, he seems to blend in completely with his surrounding.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #810
    Barbarian in the Playground

Using his natural inclination toward stealth, Verin hid himself in the shadows near Crane.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth - (1d20+10)[17]