Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 867
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Iltaru teleports to safety and strikes down the slinger with a blast of mental energy.

    Joran charges to Nathan's rescue while healing Rythia and manages to slay one of the Tunnelers.

    Rythia charges the stronger of the remaining foes but her shock at having Joran place his hands upon her causes her to miss.

    The Dragonshield tactically evades Rythia and then shifts further away to allow himself room to move before charging at Thyrn but he misses with his swing.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Iltaru hits and kills S1.
    Joran hits and kills T3.
    Rythia misses.

    D2:
    Immediate Reaction Shifts to N2 when Rythia moves to a square adjacent to it
    Minor Shift to O2
    Move To R0
    Standard Charge to P0 and attack Thyrn @ 12 vs AC (miss, you are marked until the end of D2's next turn)

    IT IS NOW THYRN'S TURN


    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 6
    T.............: 21
    S.............: 20
    Iltaru........: 7
    Joran........: 18
    Rythia.......: 16
    D..............: 16
    Thyrn........: 11 <-----------Active Player
    Nathan.....: 10


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show

    (K3) – T1 : Grants CA to Iltaru UENT
    (G5) – T2 :
    (G12) – T3 :
    (H6) – T4 :
    (K5) – T5 :
    (O8) – S1 :
    (G7) – D1 :
    (P0) – D2 :



    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (M2) Rythia : 17/25, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 6/8, AP: 0

    (G11) Joran : 20/29, TEMP HP: 4, Healing surges : 10/12, AP: 0

    (O0) Thyrn : 24/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 10/10, AP: 1, marked by D2 until the end of its next turn

    (I5) Iltaru : 16/26, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8, AP: 0

    (G13) Nathan : 9/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 5/6, AP: 0, Bloodied


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show
    New Map
    Features of the Area:
    • Foliage: provides light cover/concealment, counts as difficult terrain

    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-05-30 at 08:57 AM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Thyrn was somewhat alarmed by how vulnerable he was in this position. He quickly jumped to a slightly safer position, then released a blast of magic at one of the creatures. He then forced himself to expend further arcane force, and attacked it again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action Shift to O1
    Standard Action Hellish Rebuke on creature D2
    Use Action Point
    Standard Action Hellish Rebuke on creature D2

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll 1 on D2 [roll0]
    Damage Roll 1 on D2 [roll1]
    Attack Roll 2 on D2 [roll2]
    Damage Roll 2 on D2 [roll3]


    Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 24/30 Healing Surges 7 (0/10 used)
    AC 13 Fort 14 Ref 12 Will 14
    Temporary Hit Points 0
    At-Will Powers
    -Edritch Blast
    -Hellish Rebuke

    Encounter Powers
    -Vampiric Embrace
    -Enfeebling Strike

    Daily Powers
    -Flames of Phlegeothos
    Last edited by sournote103; 2011-05-30 at 11:40 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Thyrn steps out from between the two lizardmen and attempts to blast the Dragonshield with arcane energy. Sending the blast of energy at his foe, Thyrn opens his defense up to both lizardmen and they jump at the opportunity to strike him. The Tunneler stabs Thyrn in the side with his javelin while the Dragonshield strikes his other side with his short sword causing blood to flow freely.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Thyrn misses with both of his attacks, he provokes an Opportunity Attack from both T1 and D2

    T1:
    Opportunity Attack Attacks Thyrn @ 13 vs AC (hit, 4 damage)

    D2:
    Immediate Reaction Shift to P1
    Opportunity Attack Attacks Thyrn @ 24 vs AC (hit, 8 damage)

    Thyrn is now bloodied

    IT IS NOW NATHAN'S TURN


    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 6
    T.............: 21
    S.............: 20
    Iltaru........: 7
    Joran........: 18
    Rythia.......: 16
    D..............: 16
    Thyrn........: 11
    Nathan.....: 10 <-----------Active Player


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show

    (K3) – T1 : Grants CA to Iltaru UENT
    (G5) – T2 :
    (G12) – T3 :
    (H6) – T4 :
    (K5) – T5 :
    (O8) – S1 :
    (G7) – D1 :
    (P1) – D2 :



    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (M2) Rythia : 17/25, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 6/8, AP: 0

    (G11) Joran : 20/29, TEMP HP: 4, Healing surges : 10/12, AP: 0

    (O1) Thyrn : 12/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 10/10, AP: 0, marked by D2 until the end of its next turn, BLOODIED

    (I5) Iltaru : 16/26, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8, AP: 0

    (G13) Nathan : 9/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 5/6, AP: 0, Bloodied


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show
    New Map
    Features of the Area:
    • Foliage: provides light cover/concealment, counts as difficult terrain

    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-05-30 at 11:54 AM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Watching the kobold fall, Nathan breathes, "Oh that is so much easier, thank you Joran." Exhausted, Nathan pats Joran on the shoulder and shuffles past him. He sees the two more kobolds fighting with Rythia and Thyrn, but hopes that they'll finish them off before he gets there. Nonetheless, he draws a second dagger and moves to try to finish off the small fry.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Action Draw Dagger
    Move Action Move to M7
    Standard Action Ranged attack on T1
    Attack roll: (1d20+8)[23]
    Damage roll:(1d4+7)[8]



    Nathan's Status Block:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 9/22 Bloodied 11 Healing Surge 5 (0 used /7)
    AC 17 Fort 11 Reflex 18 Will 13 Speed 6

    THP 0

    EFFECTS
    None

    ACTION POINTS 0

    At-Will Powers
    Ambush Trick
    Escape Artist's Trick


    Enounter Powers
    Heroic Effort
    Backstab

    Second Wind

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    As the kobolds begin to drop, Iltaru feels a bit more confident and steps forward around the trees. He focuses on the remaining enemy, attempting to again set up a distracting buzzing in its brain, before unleasing a mental burst of psychic energy at it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action: Move to K5
    Minor action: Distraction on Kobold D2, who is now granting combat advantage to the next attack before the end of my next turn
    Standard action: Mind Thrust -- (1d20+6)[12], which includes the +2 for combat advantage vs. will. If hit, damage is (1d10+6)[15]


    Iltaru's Status
    Spoiler
    Show

    HP 21/26 Bloodied 13 Healing Surge 6 Surges Used 0 (8/day)
    AC 14 Fort 12 Reflex 14 Will 15 Speed 6

    HEALING SURGE -- Yes

    THP 0

    EFFECTS
    Marked - None
    Combat Advantage - None ongoing

    ACTION POINTS 0

    POWER POINTS 0/2

    At-Will Powers (augmentable)
    Dishearten
    Mind Thrust

    Encounter Power
    Shard Swarm (racial) -- Used

    Daily Powers
    Mental Trauma -- Used

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: As far southwest as I can towards D2.
    Minor: Divine Challenge to D2
    Standard: Charges D2 and ends up in O-3. Attack with Virtuous Strike (1d20+8)[26]. If hits (1d10+4)[14] damage.


    Stat Block:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 20/29 Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7 ( remaining 10/12)
    AC 17 Fort 14 Reflex 11 Will 15 Speed 5

    THP 4

    EFFECTS

    ACTION POINTS 0

    AT-WILL POWERS
    Enfeebling Strike
    Virtuous Strike
    Divine Challenge

    ENCOUNTER POWERS
    Cutting Words
    Valorous Smite
    Divine Mettle or Divine Strength
    Second Wind

    DAILY POWERS
    Paladin's Judgement
    Lay on Hands

    ITEM POWERS

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Joran's challenge to the final scaled beast didn't go unnoticed by Rythia. With him there, there was little chance for the lizard to attack Thyrn without being punished for it. These little monsters had controlled the flow of battle all this time and now Rythia wanted to return the favor if even just a little. She darted behind Joran and took up a position a few feet to his left, "If you think I am going to make it easy for you to attack or run circles around us, think again."

    Her swing was slower than she would've liked but at least with her there as well, it would be challenging for the scaled menace to run around.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round Actions
    Move Action: Move around Joran to Q3.
    Standard Action: Guarding Attack (Strength VS AC)
    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage Roll: (2d8+4)[16]
    Effect: If the attack hits, Joran gains +4 bonus to AC until the end of Rythia's next turn.


    Rythia's Status Block:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 17/25 Bloodied 12 Healing Surge 8 (2 used /8)
    AC 18 Fort 15 Reflex 11 Will 14 Speed 5

    THP 0

    EFFECTS

    ACTION POINTS 0

    At-Will Powers
    Furious Smash
    Wolf Pack Tactics


    Enounter Powers
    Valiant Strike
    Inspiring Word (1)
    Inspiring Word (2)
    Guarding Attack

    Second Wind


    Daily Powers
    Bastion of Defense

    Item Powers

    Last edited by Demonicheart; 2011-06-02 at 06:21 AM.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    With the wild blasts of energy flying around and the weapons of two of the heroes and the lone remaining Dragonshield, only Joran manages to hit his mark drawing gouts of blood from the Dragonshields wounds.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Iltaru Misses.
    Joran hits and bloodies D2.
    Rythia Misses.

    D2:
    Standard Attack Joran @ 10 vs AC (miss)

    IT IS NOW Thyrn'S TURN


    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 7
    T.............: 21
    S.............: 20

    Iltaru........: 7
    Joran........: 18
    Rythia.......: 16
    D..............: 16
    Thyrn........: 11 <-----------Active Player
    Nathan.....: 10


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show

    (K3) – T1 :
    (G5) – T2 :
    (G12) – T3 :
    (H6) – T4 :
    (K5) – T5 :
    (O8) – S1 :
    (G7) – D1 :
    (P1) – D2 : BLOODIED



    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Q2) Rythia : 17/25, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 6/8, AP: 0

    (O2) Joran : 20/29, TEMP HP: 4, Healing surges : 10/12, AP: 0

    (O1) Thyrn : 12/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 10/10, AP: 0, marked by D2 until the end of its next turn, BLOODIED

    (K5) Iltaru : 16/26, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8, AP: 0

    (M7) Nathan : 9/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 5/6, AP: 0, Bloodied


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show
    New Map
    Features of the Area:
    • Foliage: provides light cover/concealment, counts as difficult terrain

    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Tired of combat, and somewhat embarrassed by how frequently his spells were missing, Thyrn decided to try and make the final creature surrender. He glared at the creature and spoke a few menacing words to convince it to give up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Intimidate check on D2

    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate Check (1d20+9)[20]


    Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 12/30 Healing Surges 7 (0/10 used)
    AC 13 Fort 14 Ref 12 Will 14
    Temporary Hit Points 0
    At-Will Powers
    -Edritch Blast
    -Hellish Rebuke

    Encounter Powers
    -Vampiric Embrace
    -Enfeebling Strike

    Daily Powers
    -Flames of Phlegeothos
    Last edited by sournote103; 2011-06-03 at 05:34 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Joran continues to attack the remaining enemy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Divine Challenge to D2
    Standard: Enfeebling Strike to D2 (1d20+7)[18] vs. AC. If it hits, then (1d10+4)[5] damage and target has a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.


    Stat Block:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 20/29 Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7 ( remaining 10/12)
    AC 17 Fort 14 Reflex 11 Will 15 Speed 5

    THP 4

    EFFECTS

    ACTION POINTS 0

    AT-WILL POWERS
    Enfeebling Strike
    Virtuous Strike
    Divine Challenge

    ENCOUNTER POWERS
    Cutting Words
    Valorous Smite
    Divine Mettle or Divine Strength
    Second Wind

    DAILY POWERS
    Paladin's Judgement
    Lay on Hands

    ITEM POWERS

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia ignored Thyrn's attempt to intimidate the scaled creature into surrendering. As far as she was concerned, the lizard was crafty but probably too stupid to understand the attempt anyway. Even if it did understand, the group had hardly performed well enough to scare it. The half-elven woman silently admitted to herself that they were getting by on a wing and a prayer. She wouldn't have been surprised if the wretched creature thought it could take all of them on by itself.

    Still, the young woman focused on the battle and once more tried to make things easier for her allies, "Hold still and let us hit you!" She swung her sword with the intent of providing Joran with an opening.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Round Actions
    Standard Action: Furious Smash (Strength VS Fortitude)
    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[15]
    Damage Roll: 4 damage.
    Effect: If the attack hits, Joran gains +3 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls on the next attack against the dragonshield within one turn.


    Rythia's Status Block:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 17/25 Bloodied 12 Healing Surge 8 (2 used /8)
    AC 18 Fort 15 Reflex 11 Will 14 Speed 5

    THP 0

    EFFECTS

    ACTION POINTS 0

    At-Will Powers
    Furious Smash
    Wolf Pack Tactics


    Enounter Powers
    Valiant Strike
    Inspiring Word (1)
    Inspiring Word (2)
    Guarding Attack

    Second Wind


    Daily Powers
    Bastion of Defense

    Item Powers



    Her sword swing to the scaled lizard's shoulder cuts far deeper than she intended and the beast fall limp from the blow. A dumbstruck expression crossed her face as if she believed that it wasn't possible for her strike to finish it. After poking the corpse briefly with her sword to make sure it was really dead she commented, "Um...I was trying to make an opening for Joran but...I..er guess this is fine..." With the threat gone and the adreneline rush fading, Rythia walked slowly towards one of the nearby stones and leaned against it. She was catching her breath and tending to her injuries. That battle had been a disaster and she was certain that they were all only alive by dumb luck.

    While she was resting up, she decided to give voice to her opinion, "We...need to work on our teamwork...I worry that...luck will only get us through so far. I can help others fight but I need to be close to them to do it...we were spread so far out, most of my skills were useless." As she rested, she could feel a little bit of her voice returning. She had burned up a lot of resources from that fight and unless another pack of lizards showed up, there was no way she was going move on without being forced to do so.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Rythia is taking a short rest (five minutes). She won't move earlier than that unless someone convinces her to do so or the group is attacked before five minutes is up. She will talk with the party and hold conversations.

    Assuming nothing happens, she spends 2 healing surges to get back up to full health and regains her encounter powers.
    Last edited by Demonicheart; 2011-06-05 at 08:38 AM.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Nathan goes to fetch his daggers from the corpses after sheathing his rapier. He collects them in a cloth produced from his pack, careful not to dirty his hands with the blood. "We were spread fairly thin, but, all the same, you did a great job and I think I may have died were it not for your help." He smiled as he moved next to her and plopped down exhausted.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Same deal, 5 minute rest, 2 healing surges which will put me up to 19.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "I must agree with Rythia on this one. Although victorious, this battle sorely taxed us and I am concerned that further sucesses may elude us unless we properly coordinate our actions. For my part, I am not accustomed nor trained to direct others in battle, but I believe others of you said you had some martial knowledge. All of us might benefit from these vocal directives in the future."

    Iltaru remained standing, but all could hear the quiet grinding of the shards making up his body, as they shifted slightly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Five minutes is good for him also. Takings two healing surges to put him back up to full HP.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Thyrn collapsed on the ground, exhausted. He, too, took a five-minute rest.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thyrn takes a short rest and uses two healing surges.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Joran wiped the blood off of his sword. Seeing his companions disheartened, he said "I agree that we could stayed closer together and communicated more, but friends, we did well for our first effort as a team. After all, any battle you can walk away from is a good battle."

    "Though this is my first fight, I am told that after a battle, one could use a good drink or a good woman. With that in mind, I suggest we move onto Winterhaven before more of these creatures arrive."


    Spoiler
    Show
    Joran will also take a short rest and use one healing surge. After that, I think we'll get back on the road to town.


    Stat Block:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 27/29 Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7 ( remaining 9/12)
    AC 17 Fort 14 Reflex 11 Will 15 Speed 5

    THP 0

    EFFECTS

    ACTION POINTS 0

    AT-WILL POWERS
    Enfeebling Strike
    Virtuous Strike
    Divine Challenge

    ENCOUNTER POWERS
    Cutting Words
    Valorous Smite
    Divine Mettle or Divine Strength
    Second Wind

    DAILY POWERS
    Paladin's Judgement
    Lay on Hands

    ITEM POWERS
    Last edited by mykng; 2011-06-06 at 11:51 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Seizing another opportunity, Nathan stands up and looks at Joran, "Talking about women like mere drink, how disgustingly misogynistic. Let's just go before I lose my temper." He continues to pretend to be angry all the way there.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia wasn't quite as offended by the comment as Nathan appeared to be. More so because she was still concerned about the battle. They would need to be far more careful next time and if that meant she had to be more vocal instead of simply trying her best to control her own actions, she would do so. The half-elven woman mentally admitted that working in a group was far more challenging than she believed.

    As she stood up and prepared to leave, she glanced over at the slinger, "Maybe...we should take their possessions with us in the event of there being more of them. I don't want to make it easy for them to recover the items their allies lost. Besides...I am a little curious to see if that one with the sling has any more of that odd solution. If we could figure out what it is and maybe make more to throw at other lizards...but I'm getting ahead of myself." With that, Rythia started to search the bodies for anything of value. While it was clear that she was more interested in weapons and armaments than any wealth found, she certainly didn't stop her allies from gathering that as well. Once the task was done, she continued along towards Winterhaven.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Once Thyrn had rested, he immediately began searching the bodies of their fallen foes, not noticing Rythia for a minute or so. He was slightly surprised by her actions, as in his experience, races commonly considered "civilized" did not often search the corpses of their foes, opting instead to bury of burn them immediately.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Its like she didn't even notice, he thought, how ridiculous. "Right, yes, of course, excellent insight, Rythia. Let's take their things then, come on." The nerve of some women.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Iltaru, slightly confused by the dynamic of the exchanges between the group, remained silent, helping to loot as necessary, before following the others down the road.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    After searching the bodies of the kobolds you find the following:
    • 15 Javelins
    • 6 Sets of Leather Armor
    • Dagger
    • Sling
    • 17 Sling Bullets
    • 2 Sets of Scale Armor
    • 2 Light Shields
    • 2 Short Swords
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia had examined the weapons with a close eye, almost as if she was searching for some oddity about them. With a resigned sigh, she mentally admitted that the quality of weapons wasn't the issue with that previous fight. She voiced her opinion as well, "It seems that whatever that solution was the lizards used...there is no more of it now. The weapons are also mundane...I...suppose it was foolish of me to think that the quality of gear might also have been part of the problem." Still, the half-elf pondered over the small pile of Javelins that they collected,These...might actually be useful...

    Wanting to share her views with the rest of the party, she spoke her mind, "Although I don't have much experience with javelins...these could help solve the problem Joran and I were having with running back and forth across the field. We could split them between us and have a means of fighting at a distance at well. At least, I think its something to consider." She knew that javelins required physical strength instead of a dexterous hand so it seemed like a good alternative when melee combat wasn't possible or dangerously risky.

    Beyond the javelins there was nothing else that Rythia saw as useful. She shook her head at the rest of the gear, "The only thing here I think might be useful to us is the sling for another ranged weapon...but that is it in my opinion. Perhaps there is a smithy in Winterhaven who could use the rest or local guards we could donate them to? I would rather see these items put to better use there than leave them here...especially if there are more lizards in the area." After saying her peace, she was clearly ready to move on. She didn't mind if everyone else divvied up the weapons as they needed them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Unless anyone objects, Rythia will take 7 javelins for herself and give the remaining 8 to Joran. Javelins use strength modifiers when thrown so it makes sense in her mind why no one else would likely want them. She does not mind if anyone else wants to take something out of the pile as well.
    Last edited by Demonicheart; 2011-06-18 at 05:06 PM.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Nathan replies somewhat cheerily, "Excellent idea, Rythia, I'm sure there won't be any objections." After which he put his hand on Rythia's shoulder and said quietly, "Hey, are you alright? Did he offend you? You seemed to ignore it. Usually a sign that something's wrong."

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia blinked a bit in surprise as Nathan confronted her about how she ignored the previous comment. When he asked if anything was wrong, the half-elf was tempted to just smile and shake her head. These weren't worries that she needed to burden anyone else with. She even started to do just that, "Oh, its...its nothing. I've heard worse to be honest and...and..." However, another part of her rallied, If you can't confide in and trust your allies, how are you going to protect them? She let out a small sigh and admitted, "...my mind is still focused on the battle and what I could have done to make things easier for us." It almost seemed like she was blaming herself for the trouble they had.

    As they walked, she continued to share what was bothering her. Rythia spoke openly to Nathan and didn't seem to mind if anyone else in the group overheard her concerns, "...Nathan, I know it was pretty hectic but...do you remember the names I shouted out when those beast surrounded us to boost my confidence? The first is my eladrin mother's name while the second was my human father. In a sense, you could say he was the reason I wanted to be who I am today."

    Her eyes drifted down the road as she reminisced a bit, "He was a good man who loved my mother very much. They traveled a lot together and were planning to get married...but their caravan was attacked by bandits. My father died buying time for my mother to escape. He was a hero even if no one will ever sing bardic tales about him. Maybe...if they had someone capable of bolstering the caravan guards, he wouldn't have had to die that day. The world needs good people like him and I want to do my best to protect them. That is what I want to do once I grow stronger..." The battle had hit a little close to home since her father died in an ambush, "I don't want anyone to needlessly die."
    Last edited by Demonicheart; 2011-06-19 at 05:01 AM.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Taking his hand off of her shoulder, he apologized, "I'm sorry for your loss. And I'm also sorry for being so off base. But, if you ever need a shoulder to lean on, I'll be there." He smiled reassuringly at her and continued walking with the rest of the group.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    The rutted King’s Road leads to the foot of a broad hill that holds the walled village of Winterhaven. The village is nestled in the southern foothills of the Cairngorm Peaks. The walls are weathered stone topped by defensive palisades.
    Small thatched homes stand around Winterhaven, each fronting a small piece of farmland or pasture. Beyond the farms to the west and south lie dark woods, and to the north, tall mountain peaks.

    Map of Winterhaven

    Spoiler
    Show
    Legend:
    1) Main Gate
    (You will find out about the other locations as you explore the town)


    As you approach the main gates of the town, you see two guards on patrol around the currently open gates. When they catch sight of you they stop their patrolling and move towards you.

    Hello Travellers, what is your business in Winterhaven?
    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-06-21 at 04:03 PM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia was feeling a bit better after her little chat about her father. It was painful to talk about but she was glad that she chose to be open with her allies. In any event, the half-elven woman made a mental promise to do better next time they were in combat. She owed it to her allies, her father and herself to keep improving.

    As the group approached Winterhaven and were confronted by the gate guards, Rythia smiled warmly, "Well met." When the guards asked about their business, she briefly wondered what was okay to tell and what was not. She quickly decided that it would be better to speak in generalizations unless Joran chose to add in more details, "We are actually looking for a few people who were traveling this way. The first was a lone explorer known as Douven Staul. The rest were a group of people led by a...priest named Kalarel. Are either of those names familiar to you?" She really didn't want to start a panic by blurting out that Kalarel was the leader of a death cult. These were simple farmers and merchants.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    From behind Rythia, Nathan adds, "We also need a place to stay. An inn would be nice, I'm famished." He was genuinely glad Rythia was feeling better and not brooding over that last ambush. For now, they would be able to pick up some lunch and finish looking for clues after.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Ah, looking for an Inn are you? Well we can certainly point you to one of those, and a very good one at that. Wrafton's Inn is just through the gate. The guard points to a large building not far inside the walls of the town. As far as an individual named Kalaral, or Douven Staul for that matter, I haven't heard of either but you may want to ask around at the Inn.

    Having seen that your party is comprised of what appears to be would be heroes and do-gooders as opposed to brigands or ruffians he steps back and allows you to enter the town.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The INN is location number 2 on your map
    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-06-23 at 04:38 PM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Nathan smiles and pats the guard on the shoulder, Oh lovely, man. You do good work, you do good work. He normally wouldn't have meant a word of it. Law enforcement is a pet peeve of his, though he was too hungry to not be grateful for the tidings of food.

    After having entered the inn, the first thing Nathan did, was ask if they had any meat. Any meat at all, he said. He'd remember the less important details (like finding Douven or Kalarel) after he'd finished filling his belly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •