Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 867
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    humson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    I will return to my quarters to fetch what little supplies I have an the return when it's time to leave. He then snaps to a salute bringing his legs together and putting his fist over his heart. Farewell... He was suddenly aware he didn't know what to call the women. She was obviously in charge or at least know everything but she didn't have rank and he didn't know her at all so first name was out. [color=teal]They'lliar,/color] he says after a moment hesitation.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    As the new companions make their final preparations the day moves on towards noon. Shortly after mid-day, they are all gathered at the entrance to Winterhaven and make ready to depart.

    Setting out along the road, those from the original group recognize an area after about an hours travel. You see the spot where you were set upon by kobolds on your way to the town.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone can roll Perception
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sploosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Valandil looks around at the quiet countryside. "It is quiet here, that seems unusual considering the circumstances."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check
    (1d20+12)[24]
    Some men are born to kill.
    Others push people around.
    A few are destined to lead


    I was born a tank.

    ▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
    ▄████████████████▅▄▃▂ Avatar by Lordsmoothe
    █E█V█I█S█C█E█R█A█T█O█R██►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Garvaugn says, "I don't think it's all that unusual. After all, it serves the interests of those up to no good to avoid calling attention to themselves."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+5)[16]
    Let Belkar live!

    Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

    Marvel Super Heroes (Player): OOC IC Char
    The Frontier of Verazemya (Player): OOC IC Char
    Curse of Hel (Player): OOC IC Char
    Kobold Run (Player): OOC IC Char

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Being in the section of the road brought back memories for Rythia. They were not plesant ones by any stretch of the imagination. The pain, the running around, the sounds of metal cutting through flesh...all of these were as real to her now as if she was still in that initial battle. There was no hesistation on her part when she pulled out her shield and strapped it to her left arm, "I remember this part of the road...doubt I'll forget for awhile. The kobolds ambushed me and my other friends here when I first made the journey to Winterhaven!"

    She decided that for the moment, it would be better to equip her javalin instead of the longsword hanging on her waist, "They hid behind the rocks and struck without warning. They weren't many but they were armored and good with group tactics. It took everything I had just to beat them. They might not be here now...but I'm not taking any chances." If nothing else, she wanted to make sure her new allies knew her tale so they would be on their guard.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception Roll (1d20-1)[6]
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leolo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    If you have beaten them they will propably stop hunting travelers for some time. At least if their group is not large enough to react angry about their dead kobold friends.

    Anyway we should stay wary. Maybe we should even search for tracks next to the road.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+4)[20]


    Draziw is holding his stony orb in his right hand, walking off-road and searching both sides of the street for tracks and hidden opponents.
    Last edited by Leolo; 2011-09-28 at 06:26 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Still wary from the previous attack, Thyrn made a point of scanning his surroundings.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20-1)[18]

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    humson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Coal watches for danger as soon as they leave Winterfell.

    Perception (1d20)[15]

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    humson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Coal draws his broadsword and attches his sheild when he hears his companions talking about the previous encounter but remains slient himself.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sploosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Seeing the others obviously on edge, Valandil will draw his bow.
    Some men are born to kill.
    Others push people around.
    A few are destined to lead


    I was born a tank.

    ▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
    ▄████████████████▅▄▃▂ Avatar by Lordsmoothe
    █E█V█I█S█C█E█R█A█T█O█R██►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    War cries break from the underbrush as several small figures dart from hiding places. They are similar to the creatures you fought earlier, but three of them carry longswords and shields.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Surprise Round:
    D3: Move to G18
    D2: Move to N22
    D1: Move to Q20
    W1: Move to I15


    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 1
    Thyrn----------: 20 <-----------Active Player
    Rythia----------: 17
    Draziw---------: 16
    D--------------: 16
    Q--------------: 14
    W-------------: 14
    Valandil--------: 12
    Coal-----------: 10
    Garvaugn------: 7


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show
    (---) Q1 : Hidden
    (Q20) D1 :
    (N22) D2 :
    (G18) D3:
    (I15) W1 :


    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (J29) Rythia : 25/25, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8, AP: 1

    (I28) Coal : 27/27, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 6/6, AP: 1

    (K29) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 10/10, AP: 1

    (K28) Valandil : 23/23, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 5/5, AP: 1

    (J28) Garvaugn : 31/31, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 13/13, AP: 1

    (F29) Draziw : 22/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 7/7, AP: 1


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-10-01 at 02:27 PM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Surprised by the appearance of the creatures, Thyrn spoke a warning to his allies, in case any of them had not seen them. He then loosed a bolt of arcane power, which arced towards one of the creatures.

    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action - Speak
    Standard Action - Eldritch Blast on D2


    Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll - (1d20+4)[12] vs. Reflex
    Damage Roll - (1d10+4)[8]


    Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP - 30/30
    Surges used - 0/10
    Daily/Encounter powers used - none

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia ran out ahead of her allies and towards the kobolds. Considering her heavy scale armor, it was rather obvious that she couldn't swing at melee range before the scaled lizards had a chance to retaliate. However, she smirked a little as she heaved her javelin in her right hand, "I'm better with a sword but if there is one thing these beasts taught me last time...its the importance of range." Truthfully, she was uncertain how well she could throw the weapon. She was barely familiar with it and hardly had any time to practice at all. Still, the half-elf wasn't going to back out of a battle simply because she wanted to exercise with her throwing stick. Rythia let the javelin fly towards the nearest armored kobold before finally drawing her sword in anticipation.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Round Actions

    Move Action: Move to L24

    Standard Action: Basic Ranged Attack with Javelin on D2
    Effect: Use Strength Mod for heavy thrown weapon.
    Attack Roll VS AC: (1d20+6)[22]
    If hit Damage Roll: (1d6+4)[5]

    Minor Action: Draw Longsword
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leolo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Draziw stays close to his comrades, but range seems to be something he could overcome by his magic.

    Yth tuor thurgix faessi loex, ghoros loreat yth.

    Karif ternesj! Karif ternesj! Levex svent! Haurach majak loex ekess nurh malsvir maurg! Levex svent!


    He speaks the draconic words of evocation and a shimmering force appears that floats from his hands and fast increases in speed, hitting one of the kobolds on it's helmet with magic precission

    Spoiler
    Show

    Round Actions

    Move Action: Move to G27

    Standard Action: Magic missile on D2
    Effect: 6 force damage

    Minor Action: none
    Draconic: We want the crippled cowards dead before they kill us. Far stone, far stone! Enchanted arrow! Fate bring dead to those ugly evil breed. Enchanted arrow!
    Last edited by Leolo; 2011-10-02 at 03:25 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Thyrn and Draziw both hurl arcane power towards the lizardmen but only Draziw manage to hit, staggering his target slightly. Rythia rushes forward and throws a javelin which also manages to strike one of the lizardmen.

    The lizardmen rush forward to swarm both Rythia and Draziw with only one managing to strike true, drawing a deep cut at a crease in Rythia's armor before the final lizardman come forward to bolster his allies.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    D1:
    Move: to M24
    Minor: Shift to L25
    Standard: Ready an attack on Rythia for when he has combat advantage

    D2:
    Move: to L23 (triggers D1s attack)
    Standard: attack on Rythia at 17 vs REF for 11 damage and you are immobilized until the end of D2s next turn

    Readied Action Attack: 12 vs AC, miss

    D3:
    Move: to G23
    Standard: Charge to G26 and attack Draziw at 11 vs AC, miss

    Q1:
    Move: to F18
    Standard: trade for a move to E24
    Minor: shift to E25

    W1:
    Move: to H21
    Minor: Incite Faith
    D1: Shifts to M24
    D2: No Shift
    D3: Shifts to F27
    Q1: Shifts to F26
    Standard: Energy Orb on Garvaugn at 10 vs REF, miss



    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 1
    Thyrn----------: 20
    Rythia----------: 17
    Draziw---------: 16
    D--------------: 16
    Q--------------: 14
    W-------------: 14
    Valandil--------: 12 <-----------Active Player
    Coal-----------: 10
    Garvaugn------: 7


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show
    (F26) Q1 :
    (M24) D1 :
    (L23) D2 :
    (F27) D3 :
    (H21) W1 :


    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (L24) Rythia : 14/25, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8, AP: 1, immobilized UE D2 NT

    (I28) Coal : 27/27, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 6/6, AP: 1

    (K29) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 10/10, AP: 1

    (K28) Valandil : 23/23, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 5/5, AP: 1

    (J28) Garvaugn : 31/31, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 13/13, AP: 1

    (G27) Draziw : 22/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 7/7, AP: 1


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Thyrn and Draziw both hurl arcane power towards the lizardmen but only Draziw manage to hit, staggering his target slightly. Rythia rushes forward and throws a javelin which also manages to strike one of the lizardmen.

    The lizardmen rush forward to swarm both Rythia and Draziw with only one managing to strike true, drawing a deep cut at a crease in Rythia's armor before the final lizardman come forward to bolster his allies.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    D1:
    Move: to M24
    Minor: Shift to L25
    Standard: Ready an attack on Rythia for when he has combat advantage

    D2:
    Move: to L23 (triggers D1s attack)
    Standard: attack on Rythia at 17 vs REF for 11 damage and you are immobilized until the end of D2s next turn

    Readied Action Attack: 12 vs AC, miss

    D3:
    Move: to G23
    Standard: Charge to G26 and attack Draziw at 11 vs AC, miss

    Q1:
    Move: to F18
    Standard: trade for a move to E24
    Minor: shift to E25

    W1:
    Move: to H21
    Minor: Incite Faith
    D1: Shifts to M24
    D2: No Shift
    D3: Shifts to F27
    Q1: Shifts to F26
    Standard: Energy Orb on Garvaugn at 10 vs REF, miss



    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 1
    Thyrn----------: 20
    Rythia----------: 17
    Draziw---------: 16
    D--------------: 16
    Q--------------: 14
    W-------------: 14
    Valandil--------: 12 <-----------Active Player
    Coal-----------: 10
    Garvaugn------: 7


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show
    (F26) Q1 :
    (M24) D1 :
    (L23) D2 :
    (F27) D3 :
    (H21) W1 :


    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (L24) Rythia : 14/25, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/8, AP: 1, immobilized UE D2 NT

    (I28) Coal : 27/27, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 6/6, AP: 1

    (K29) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 10/10, AP: 1

    (K28) Valandil : 23/23, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 6/6, AP: 1

    (J28) Garvaugn : 31/31, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 13/13, AP: 1

    (G27) Draziw : 22/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 7/7, AP: 1


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-10-02 at 10:25 AM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sploosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "Fatherly dragon, give me the the strength to smite my enemies; show me the way."

    Suddenly Valandil's eye is drawn to a the wyrmpriest. He is filled with understanding. "Supplicant to evil!"
    He rushes forward and his bow comes to life as it fires a volley of righteous arrows.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to I22
    Quarry W1
    Two Fanged Strike W1(Elven Acc on a miss)
    Attacks:
    [roll[1d20+7[/roll] (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage:
    (1d12+5)[14] (1d12+5)[10]
    Special: Add 3 damage if both hit
    Quarry: (1d6)[6]
    Action point to Twin Strike W1 (Elven Acc on a miss, prioritizing TFS)
    Attacks:
    (1d20+7)[9] (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage:
    (1d12)[3] (1d12)[8]

    Elven Acc:
    (1d20+7)[18]

    Edit: Dropped the ball in roll 1, I'll just take the Elven acc, lol.

    Assuming 18 AC hits, that is 41 damage total to W1
    Last edited by Sploosh; 2011-10-02 at 01:06 PM.
    Some men are born to kill.
    Others push people around.
    A few are destined to lead


    I was born a tank.

    ▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
    ▄████████████████▅▄▃▂ Avatar by Lordsmoothe
    █E█V█I█S█C█E█R█A█T█O█R██►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    humson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Coal sees the strange wizard being surrounded by the creatures and, knowing by instinct that Rythia an take care of herself, runs and attacks one the creature and using surprising grace for a man of Coal's size tries to draw the creature away.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to E28
    Standard footwork lure d3 (1d20+7)[19] against AC
    Damage (1d10+5)[13]
    If it hits Coal will move to D29 and pull D3 to E28
    Coal mark D3

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Seeing Rythia get hit by an attack, Garvaugn goes to fight beside her. "Come and meet my axe little miscreants!" he shouts as he attacks.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I meant to note that I am always in Measured Cut stance with Defender Aura active unless I say otherwise, since they never turn off unless I go unconscious or I turn them off on purpose. If allowed to have to have them "on" before my turn, then cool, otherwise if not I'll activate Defender Aura this turn.

    Move to K24.
    MBA vs. D2's AC - (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[14] +2 more is allowed to have Measured Cut active.
    Let Belkar live!

    Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

    Marvel Super Heroes (Player): OOC IC Char
    The Frontier of Verazemya (Player): OOC IC Char
    Curse of Hel (Player): OOC IC Char
    Kobold Run (Player): OOC IC Char

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Thyrn threw another bolt of arcane energy at the creatures, seeking to aid Draziw, who was facing two creatures alone. He then quickly released another blast at one of the creatures menacing Rythia.

    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action - Eldritch Blast on creature D3
    Action point for another standard action - Eldritch blast on creature D1


    Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Rolls
    1 - (1d20+4)[17] vs. Reflex

    Damage Rolls
    1 - (1d10+4)[6]
    2 - (1d10+4)[9]

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    There were certain sensations that the half-elven woman did not want to repeat. Having a sharp blade slip past her armor and into her skin was fairly high on that list. She barely resisted the urge to yell in pain and focused more on her own counterattack. Rythia was happy to see her allies were fairing well against the surprise attack and had already downed one of the beasts. She hoped that the good fortune would hold up.

    Rythia raised her sword high as she swung once more at the armored lizard she targeted with her javelin throw, "Hinder...me...all you want! True heroes...stand strong, no matter how the odds are stacked against them!" It seemed the presence of the kobolds around her was having an opposite effect and bolstering her resolve. Despite her battle cry, she wasn't completely foolish. The young warlord raised her shield and attempted to gather her strength. She knew from experience that the kobolds liked to hit hard and squeeze out every advantage.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round Actions
    Standard Action: Valiant Strike on D2
    Effect: +1 per enemy adj to Rythia (+2 bonus)
    Attack Roll VS AC: (1d20+9)[24]
    Damage Roll: (1d8+4)[9]

    Action Point!
    Rythia regains 3 hit points.

    Standard Action: Second Wind
    Rythia spends a healing surge regains 6 hit points for a total of 9. HP at 23/25
    Rythia gains a +2 to all defenses till the start of her next turn.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leolo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    When Coal runs to help the wizard but ends exactly where those wanted to place a blast of magic energy, Draziw shouts angry: Block their path or don't stand in the way!

    The tactics of those little beasts are really disturbing. Have i fought them before? Draziw thinks back to the times and tries to remember what he had once known about kobolds.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nature Knowledge(1d20+9)[20]


    But it does not matter. Draziw tries to get away from the first kobold and claps his hands, the orb within them. A thunderous wave of magic floats over the two and pushes them away - unfortunally also reaching coal.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action: Shift to h28
    Standard action: Thunderwave on
    Q1: (1d20+7)[21] vs fort push 4 fields to d22
    D3: (1d20+7)[19] vs fort push 4 fields to d24
    Coal: (1d20+7)[8] vs fort push 3 fields to e25
    damage: (1d6)[2] thunder
    if one of the rolls against the cobolds misses i would use memories of a thousand lifetimes to raise it by (1d6)[1]

    EDIT: Damage should be 4 higher - i have forgotten the Intelligence Bonus
    Last edited by Leolo; 2011-10-06 at 04:09 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    As you begin to beat back the kobolds they attack with renewed fury, wounding Rythia, Draziw, and Garvaugn while Valandil manages to escape the blow of the kobold attacking him.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    D1:
    Standard: Attack Rythia at 19 vs Ref for 13 damage and you are immobilized until the end of D1s next turn

    D2: Attack Garvaugn at 27 vs AC (CRIT) for 12 damage and you are marked by D2 until the end of his next turn

    D3: Move: to G7
    Standard: attack Draziw at 18 vs Ref for 11 damage and you are immobilized until the end of D2s next turn

    Q1: Move: Shift to G22
    Minor: Shift to H22
    Standard: attack Valandil at 11 vs AC, MISS



    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 2
    Thyrn----------: 20
    Rythia----------: 17
    Draziw---------: 16
    D--------------: 16
    Q--------------: 14
    Valandil--------: 12 <-----------Active Player
    Coal-----------: 10
    Garvaugn------: 7


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show
    (H22) Q1 :
    (M24) D1 :
    (L23) D2 : Marked by Garvaugn
    (G27) D3 :
    (H21) W1 : Dead


    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (L24) Rythia : 10/25, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 7/8, AP: 0, immobilized UE D1 NT, BLOODIED

    (E28) Coal : 27/27, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 6/6, AP: 1

    (K29) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 10/10, AP: 0

    (I22) Valandil : 23/23, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 6/6, AP: 0

    (K24) Garvaugn : 19/31, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 13/13, AP: 1

    (G27) Draziw : 11/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 7/7, AP: 1, immobilized UE D3 NT, BLOODIED


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sploosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Valandil swings his body backwards, dodging the sharp thrust of the weapon. Before his opponent can recover, he delivers a quick kick to the chest, pushing off from it to flip backwards onto the rock. Taking in the battle he chants a quick prayer too queitly to be heard over the commotion and returns to his arrows, hoping to swing the battle away from the valiantly fighting wizard.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shift to J23
    Healing Word Draziw
    You heal (1d6)[5] plus you can spend a surge and you gain a +2 untyped bonus to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

    Twin Strike D3
    (1d20+7)[26]
    (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage:
    (1d12)[12]
    (1d12)[3]

    Last edited by Sploosh; 2011-10-09 at 07:32 PM.
    Some men are born to kill.
    Others push people around.
    A few are destined to lead


    I was born a tank.

    ▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
    ▄████████████████▅▄▃▂ Avatar by Lordsmoothe
    █E█V█I█S█C█E█R█A█T█O█R██►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    humson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Coal is careful to stay out the wizard's way. He offers no apologies or excuse, just a grunt. He maneuvers back to the kobold and aims a strike at his head followed by a swing of his shield.


    OOC:move to h27
    Standard:Tide of iron(1d20+7)[12] Vs D3 ac
    Damage (1d10+5)[15]
    if it hits it will push D3 to f26
    Coal will ark D3

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Garvaugn presses his attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: MBA, no Move, no Minor.
    Attack vs. AC - (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[11]
    Let Belkar live!

    Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

    Marvel Super Heroes (Player): OOC IC Char
    The Frontier of Verazemya (Player): OOC IC Char
    Curse of Hel (Player): OOC IC Char
    Kobold Run (Player): OOC IC Char

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Attempting to take one of the creatures out once and for all, Thyrn spoke several words of power, and flames leaped from his outstretched hand, weaving past several of his allies to reach their intended target, one of the creatures menacing Rythia and Garvaugn.

    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action - Flames of Phlegethos on creature D1


    Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll - (1d20+4)[16] vs. Reflex
    Damage Roll - (3d10+4)[22] and 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends)

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia couldn't hold back the scream in her throat as the kobold's blade once again found a spot between the plates of her armor. They were too quick for her and that's what made her an easy target. Still, the half-elven woman clenched her sword hand and bellowed out in spite of her pain, "Willpower...perseverance...determination...a broken spirit is the most damaging weapon of all...AND I WILL NOT BREAK!" Rythia found the strength to continue fighting within her own words.

    With renewed vigor, she swung her sword once more at her scaled enemy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round Actions
    Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Rythia. Regains (1d6+6)[11] health.

    Standard Action: Guarding Attack against D2
    Attack Roll (Strength VS AC): [roll]1d20+7[roll] OOC Topic: 16
    If Hit Damage: (2d8+4)[13] damage and Garvaugn gains a +4 bonus to AC until the end of Rythia's next turn.
    Last edited by Demonicheart; 2011-10-15 at 07:33 AM.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leolo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Draziw releases another wave of thunder over the small ambusher and turns around to move away from the remaining for on this side of the street. Coal would be surly able to handle this guy.

    The deva focuses on the opponent next to the halfelf woman instead.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Standard action: Thunderweave (1d20+4)[9] vs fort, (1d6+4)[8] and push him 4 fields up
    if the attack roll is below 15 I use memory of a thousand lifetimes (1d6)[5]
    EDIT: So it's 14 vs fort

    Move Action: to field n28
    Last edited by Leolo; 2011-10-17 at 02:15 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    As the allies manage to push the kobolds back and drop another of their enemies the kobolds again rush forward to injure both Thyrn and Draziw. Meanwhile, the kobold engaged in battle with Garvaugn swings ineffectually at the minotaur.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    D3:
    Standard: Charge to G29 and attack Draziw at 16 vs AC for 12 damage and you are marked by D3

    D2:
    Standard: Attack Garvaugn at 11 vs AC, miss

    Q1:
    Move: Shift to I25
    Minor: Shift to J26
    Standard: Charge to L28 and attack Thyrn at 13 vs AC for 11 damage


    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 3
    Thyrn----------: 20
    Rythia----------: 17
    Draziw---------: 16
    D--------------: 16
    Q--------------: 14
    Valandil--------: 12 <-----------Active Player
    Coal-----------: 10
    Garvaugn------: 7


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show
    (L28) Q1 :
    (M24) D1 : Dead
    (L23) D2 : Marked by Garvaugn
    (G29) D3 : Bloodied
    (H21) W1 : Dead


    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (L24) Rythia : 21/25, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 6/8, AP: 0

    (H27) Coal : 27/27, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 6/6, AP: 1

    (K29) Thyrn : 19/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 10/10, AP: 0

    (J23) Valandil : 23/23, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 6/6, AP: 0

    (K24) Garvaugn : 19/31, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 13/13, AP: 1

    (H28) Draziw : 9/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 6/7, AP: 1, BLOODIED


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-10-18 at 04:52 PM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •