Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 867
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Weeping Crane
    The monk bows to the two warriors, hands clasped together. I would be honored to aid the people of Winterhaven. He turns to Dawn. With all respect, miss, I believe that I, unencumbered as I am, might catch up to our would-be companions alone. I shall halt their march to await your arrival, miss. Without awaiting a reply, Crane dashes off down the road, his silhouette seeming to blur towards the appearance of an actual crane on account of his robes.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    After travelling for a brief few miles, Weeping Crane reaches the main group of adventurers.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Weeping Crane
    As he approaches the group, he begins to ask them to halt. But upon seeing Kourni, he pauses and just stands there. As he approaches the group, he speaks to Kourni in the Giant tongue, bowing low with hands clasped in reverence.

    Speakers of Giant:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings, revered Sister. May the sun and stone of this land treat you kindly this day.


    He turns to the others. I was met in Winterhaven by two warriors who conveyed that you may require my assistance. I am here to help, and ask that you wait a while here, for a second companion moves to join us at a slower pace.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    ((Blugh, sorry for the delay, been busy with an essay.))

    Dawn Sunstorm

    The deva greets the two with a smile as they introduce themselves.
    She then listens very carefully to what they have to say, nodding from time to time.
    "Of course, I would gladly lend my hand with this. It's what I do you might say."
    Dawn will follow Weeping Crane's path, encumbered by her armor as she is, she won't catch up to him until a bit later.

    Comeing just after Weeping Crane she keeps herself in the background, just making a simple bow before the group while casting a curious glance at Draziw.

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    With their new allies, the party departs the scene of their ill fated battle with the kobold ambushers. After journeying in the direction of where the kobolds hideout was supposed to be, they come upon small glades of trees that lead up to a cliffside waterfall. A stream tumbles from the top of a rocky overhang, the water descends the side of the hill and flows away to the sothwest.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll Perception everyone
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sploosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Having introduced himself and his party upon their first meeting in which he showed friendly and respectful tones at their dilligence and discipline, Valandil started explaining to their two new members the dangers of their quest and the frequency in which new allies have been disappearing. Content with thier continual enthusiasm, he was ready to move along.

    His heart quickening at the natural tranquility of the waterfall, he pauses to take it in. He breaths deeply, "Perhaps we might stop for a moment and rest?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception:
    (1d20+12)[21]

    Last edited by Sploosh; 2011-11-16 at 02:43 PM.
    Some men are born to kill.
    Others push people around.
    A few are destined to lead


    I was born a tank.

    ▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
    ▄████████████████▅▄▃▂ Avatar by Lordsmoothe
    █E█V█I█S█C█E█R█A█T█O█R██►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Of all the things she had expected of this trip, she had not predicted that her touch would be needed so sorely. Two of the warriors had already departed for Winterhaven and she honestly didn't blame them. Seeing someone close to you die can be a demoralizing experience. She wished them well as they departed.

    The massive woman nodded in agreement when Valandil had suggested that they work together to complete Marla's task. Although she was still learning about the divine beings the other races worshiped, she knew enough about Orcus to know he was bad news. Furthermore, she couldn't ignore the fact that kobolds with some relation to him were attacking the very people Marla had sent to investigate. Maybe it was merely coincidence but somewhere deep inside herself, she found that very hard to believe.

    She did not have much time to further contemplate when two more individuals joined the group. Apparently, the warriors were not so callous as to leave without sending additional aid. She blinked a bit in surprise as the male spoke in a giant. It was rare for her to encounter a human that learned that language. The majority of those she met seemed more interested in elven or dwarven. Whether he realized it or not, she was impressed by his response. She smiled warmly at him and the rune traced on her neck glowed slightly, "Hilsener til deg ogs. May ndene vokte deg." The words were very clearly spoken in Giant. After she was finished, she continued in common. The voice once again came from the rune itself while her mouth remained closed, "My name is Kourni Mistcaller and I am happy to meet you both. I know it is a bit...odd for me to speak in this manner but it is the most comfortable for me." She began to gesture around starting with the half-elf in robes, "This is Thyrn..." Her hands moved towards the elf next, "Valandil..." Her hands shifted to the male deva but because she didn't know his name, she decided to let him introduce himself after her prompting.

    With the introductions out of the way, she continued while the group traveled, "I can share what I know along the way and the others can fill in the gaps. You seem like a trustworthy pair. I was sent from the grand temple in Fallscrest by a priestess named Marla. She had heard troubling rumors about a death cult in the Winterhaven area. She divined the name 'Kalarel' as the leader of this group and sent a group of adventurers ahead to discover the truth of the matter. Regretably I was not a part of this group. I was only sent to see if there were any updates. However...considering that one of the members, Rythia They'llar, has recently perished...the situation is not looking promising. So I have decided to lend my own aid as best as I can. We are apparently kobold hunting since the kobolds have confirmed ties to Orcus. Whether we will find Kalarel too, I can not say...but it is a solid lead anyway." Although she was a bit out of the loop regarding the past, she still had enough insight to piece together the circumstances and come up with a decent summary. She was practically done when the group arrived at the waterfall.

    Stealth was never a skill most goliaths specialized in. Considering their size and weight, hiding was almost an exercise in futility. Still, Kourni opted to stay near the rear of the group to give the others some space should they desire it. She tried her best to peer through the foliage in front of her for any sign of their prey...but searching for kobolds in a wooded area was almost as difficult as hiding a goliath.

    Spoiler
    Show

    First things first, giant speech translation, "Greetings to you as well. May the spirits watch over you."

    Next Perception...which I expect to be terrible. (1d20+1)[7]
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Weeping Crane
    The monk inclines his head respectfully to each as the Goliath introduces them. He seems unperturbed by Kourni's speech rune. I am called Weeping Crane. You may call me simply Crane, if you wish. After hearing Kourni's description of the story thus far, Crane nods. I am sorry for your loss, all of you. I regret not witnessing the valour of the young woman you described. I shall include her in my prayers. As for this Kalarel, if he too is a threat to the people of Winterhaven, then he too must fall. The citizens of the town have been kind to me in my hour of need, and so I shall do what is needed to ensure their safety in return.

    Now may be a good time to describe Weeping Crane's appearance; he has fair skin and bright blue eyes. His hair is cut so short as to be unrecognizable under his hat, a slanted, practical thing of woven reeds, but the thin fuzz that remains is blond. His robes are inlaid with patterns and minor magical cantrips to give him the appearance of a crane in flight as he walks, runs and jumps. He bears a tattoo of a single teardrop on his right cheek. He wears no visible weapons, save a crossbow holstered to his pack and a few daggers hanging from their loops.

    Upon arriving at the waterfall, Crane peers around, expecting kobolish treachery given the others' reports of the ambushes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+6)[20]
    Stealth, if needed: (1d20+7)[19]
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-11-16 at 07:12 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Dawn Sunstorm

    I might as well copy-paste the description from her sheet as well:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dawn have delicate snow white skin nearly the same color as the long white hair which falls over her her shoulders and down to her collarbone.
    Her eyes are silver in color without any visible pupils or iris which are framed by her high eyebrows. She have a small nose and well-defined blue-colored lips.
    She have a figure which is somewhere between plump and slender and seems to have an almost unnatural stoic calm in whatever situation she's in.


    "Ah yes. I'm Dawn Sunstorm, a pleasure to meet you and your group Kourni." The deva replies, bowing rather clumsily, the weight up the armor nearly too much for her.
    She then looks up, brushing the hair which clings to her face aside and returns the goliath's smile.
    "I too express regret of not having been there in the chance I might have saved here, but to live is to feel pain I'm afraid and I share at least a part of yours." Dawn then pauses a moment, starting to tie her hair into a knot behind her.
    "I am here now however and I will gladly lend my aid whenever I can. We might need to hurry if lives could be at stake."

    As they walk to the waterfall the group might get the impression Dawn hardly is the most graceful of deva's, especially not in her armor which seem to impair her movement quite a bit.

    She doesn't even attempt to hide as they reach it, likely being even worse then Kourni at it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+2)[22]

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leolo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Comeing just after Weeping Crane she keeps herself in the background, just making a simple bow before the group while casting a curious glance at Draziw.
    Draziw is slim, and his grey skin awakens the impression of colors fading in twilight. He has black marks on his face, lines from below his eyes to his neck, and black hair that falls to his shoulders as well, but no beard on his flawless face.

    He introduces himself after some minutes with the voice that does not seem to match his young body, sounding strong and old.

    Now i am Draziw. Welcome to the path we walk along.

    At the waterfall he searches for Kobold traits or any signs of some other creature changing the natural condition of the place.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception (1d20+4)[24] (Passive 14)
    Nature (1d20+9)[23]
    Last edited by Leolo; 2011-11-17 at 05:42 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Weeping Crane
    Crane speaks softly to his companions. Small reptilians hide among the trees. Judging from the corpses you left on the road, these are kobolds, he says, not turning to his companions.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leolo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "I see them, too." whispers Draziw. "We should try to sneak behind them so we do not raise any alarm. Maybe i can set up a trap for them with my magic. I can let them search for a sound that doesn't make them cautious."

    "But the trap only works if you can bring them down before they see you."

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sploosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "If we lure them in, we should flank them to prevent them from escaping and warning others."
    Some men are born to kill.
    Others push people around.
    A few are destined to lead


    I was born a tank.

    ▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
    ▄████████████████▅▄▃▂ Avatar by Lordsmoothe
    █E█V█I█S█C█E█R█A█T█O█R██►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Weeping Crane
    I suspect they already see us. Subterfuge is lost to us; I recommend attacking them before they have any clever ideas.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Dawn Sunstorm

    As Dawn hear her companions talk to each other she seems to hesitate, "Shouldn't we at least give them a chance to surrender before we attack?" She says in a low voice, trying not to look directly at the kobolts. "They haven't attacked us yet after all."

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can all take a standard action and a minor action before we officially start initiative.

    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 1
    Q: 24
    Draziw: 22 <-----------Active Player
    D: 20
    T: 18
    S: 18
    Dawn: 17
    Kourni: 13
    Valandil: 7
    Crane: 5
    Thyrn: 3

    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show

    (B14) Q1 :
    (K6)D1:
    (G13)S1:
    (I13)T1:
    (M12)T2:
    (O12)T3:
    (I10)T4:
    (K8)T5:
    (O7)T6:
    (P5)T7:
    (R3)T8:
    (S4)T9:
    (S6)T10:

    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (C0) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/10, AP: 0

    (D0) Valandil Seralonde : 23/23, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 5/5, AP: 0

    (B0) Draziw : 22/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 4/7, AP: 1

    (B1) Kourni Mistcaller: 30/30, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges:11/11, AP:1

    (D1) Weeping Crane: 27/27, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges:10/10, AP:1

    (C1) Dawn Sunstorm: 31/31, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges: 13/13, AP:1

    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show

    Combat Map
    Illumination: Bright Light
    Trees: Do not hamper movement but do provide cover
    River: Does not hamper movement except for squares that also contain rocks which are difficult terrain
    Waterfall: The 5 squares between the rocky outcroppings are difficult terrain
    Sacred Circle: Unknown
    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-11-20 at 01:24 PM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Weeping Crane
    I shall open the gates of battle, whispers Crane. He dashes forward, nimbly leaping over brambles and ducking under branches without slowing, as he makes his way through the thin thicket and brings back his hand; he still wields no weapon. He leaps into the air, bringing his balled fist down on the head of the kobold standing in the middle of the ring of light.

    Standard Action: Charge D1, moving to J5

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[11] vs. AC
    Hit: (1d8+6)[9] damage.
    Effect: D1 is Marked UEMNT.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sploosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "King of kings, protect us. Armor us in your faith." Valandil chants, his eyes glowing a deep platinum as the group becomes armored in silver scales.
    "They will not hide." he whispers.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Moment of Glory on everyone except Crane. You now have DR 5.
    Using my minor to quarry D1
    Last edited by Sploosh; 2011-11-21 at 10:41 PM.
    Some men are born to kill.
    Others push people around.
    A few are destined to lead


    I was born a tank.

    ▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
    ▄████████████████▅▄▃▂ Avatar by Lordsmoothe
    █E█V█I█S█C█E█R█A█T█O█R██►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leolo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Draziw does not care about the cover, his magical missiles never miss their target. They do not miss this time, too.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Standard action magic missile on d1, 6 damage

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Dawn Sunstorm

    Seeing her new companions already preparing themselves to fight the kobolts, the Deva see no other choice then to join in. Battle seemed inevitably now and the small lizard men didn't seem interested in diplomacy either.

    So it was time for war, these individuals would attack them the next moment and hurt countless of other people if they were allowed to rein free. They simply needed to stop them.

    Or she tried to convince herself as she charges towards the kolbolts through the thicket, letting the instincts of her previous incarnations steer her steps.

    Dawn stops before she reaches the thicket and holds up her hand, concentrating on another of the koboldts near Crane. If it wanted to hurt someone, it had to be her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to: 4G
    Minor Action: Mark kobolt T5 with Divine Challenge

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Wary of the mystic circle inscribed upon the ground, Thyrn chose instead to attack the creature beside the circle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action - Eldritch blast on T5
    Attack - (1d20)[5]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[12]

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    A small frown appeared on Kourni's face as she entered the fray herself...or at least attempted to get closer to enter the fray. Goliaths were large and intimidating compared to most. However, what they gained in size, they usually lost in speed and maneuverability unless they trained hard to correct this flaw. Since Kourni was never expected to be a warrior, she clearly lacked this training.

    Her feet pounded along the ground announcing her presence to kobolds even as her allies began attacking. She wasn't being idle as she moved forward. The greyskinned woman was taking everything into account, It is too soon to be wasting my runic healing powers since battle has just commenced...and I can not use my warhammer before they react. All I can do is wait and hope that things go well. Spirits protect us, Melora guide my hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Convert to Move. Move to G6
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    As the allies move forward into the the trees, only Draziw manages to wound one of the kobolds. Quickly one of the kobolds scampers forward and strikes at Kourni, drawing a gash in her side.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Q1:
    Minor: Shift to C13
    Standard: Charge to G7 and attack Kourni at 24 vs AC for 3 damage, after DR.


    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 1
    Q: 24
    Draziw: 22 <-----------Active Player
    D: 20
    T: 18
    S: 18
    Dawn: 17
    Kourni: 13
    Valandil: 7
    Crane: 5
    Thyrn: 3


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show

    (G7) Q1 :
    (K6)D1: Marked by Crane, Quarry by Valandil
    (G13)S1:
    (I13)T1:
    (M12)T2:
    (O12)T3:
    (I10)T4:
    (K8)T5:
    (O7)T6:
    (P5)T7:
    (R3)T8:
    (S4)T9:
    (S6)T10:


    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (C0) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/10, AP: 0 DR5

    (D0) Valandil Seralonde : 23/23, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 5/5, AP: 0 DR5

    (B0) Draziw : 22/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 4/7, AP: 1 DR5

    (G6) Kourni Mistcaller: 27/30, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges:11/11, AP:1 DR5

    (J5) Weeping Crane: 27/27, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges:10/10, AP:1

    (G4) Dawn Sunstorm: 31/31, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges: 13/13, AP:1 DR5


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show

    Combat Map
    Illumination: Bright Light
    Trees: Do not hamper movement but do provide cover
    River: Does not hamper movement except for squares that also contain rocks which are difficult terrain
    Waterfall: The 5 squares between the rocky outcroppings are difficult terrain
    Sacred Circle: Unknown
    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-11-24 at 08:32 AM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leolo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Draziw would like to hit more than only one of the kobolds, but the foes are not standing close enough to each other. So he uses the same spell again, targeting the Kobold with another magic missile.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Standard action: Magic missile on d1, 6 damage
    Move action: to E3
    Last edited by Leolo; 2011-11-24 at 07:24 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Draziw again blasts the most heavily armored Kobold with Arcane power before the kobolds swarm forward to strike at Crane, Kourni and Dawn. Dawn escapes the attack unscathed while Kourni only takes a minor wound even though she is now wreathed in a most noxious odor. Crane on the other wound is swarmed and struck viciously causing blood to flow freely.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Draziw hits D1 for 6

    D1: Standard: Dirty Tactics on Crane for 23 vs Ref and 13 damge and you are immobilized until the end of D1s next turn

    T1: Move: to G9
    Standard: Charge to H7 and attack Kourni at 14 vs AC (miss)

    T2: Move: to K7
    Minor: Shift to J6
    Standard: Attack Crane at 26 vs AC for 4 damage

    T3: Move: to M7
    Standard: Charge to K5 and attack Crane at 28 vs AC for 4 damage

    T4: Move: to I6
    Standard: Attack Crane at 11 vs AC (miss)
    Minor: Shift to J7

    T5: Move: to I6
    Standard: Attack Crane at 11 vs AC (miss)

    T6: Move: to K4
    Standard: Attack Crane at 8 vs AC (miss)
    Minor: Shift to L6

    T7: Move: to K4
    Standard: Attack Crane at 11 vs AC (miss)
    Minor: Shift to L4

    T8: Move: to M2
    Standard: Charge to H3 and attack Dawn at 19 vs AC (miss)

    T9: Move: to N3
    Standard: Chare to K4 and attack Crane at 25 vs AC for 4 damage

    T10: Move: to N8
    Standard: Shoot Crane at 15 vs AC (miss)

    S1: Standard: Shoot Kourni at 23 vs AC for 3 damage (after DR) and you take a -2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends)
    Move: to M13


    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 1
    Q: 24
    Draziw: 22
    D: 20
    T: 18
    S: 18
    Dawn: 17 <-----------Active Player
    Kourni: 13
    Valandil: 7
    Crane: 5
    Thyrn: 3


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show

    (G7) Q1 :
    (K6)D1: Marked by Crane, Quarry by Valandil
    (M13)S1:
    (H7)T1:
    (J6)T2:
    (K5)T3:
    (J7)T4:
    (I6)T5:
    (L6)T6:
    (L4)T7:
    (H3)T8:
    (K4)T9:
    (N8)T10:


    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (C0) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/10, AP: 0 DR5

    (D0) Valandil Seralonde : 23/23, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 5/5, AP: 0 DR5

    (B0) Draziw : 22/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 4/7, AP: 1 DR5

    (G6) Kourni Mistcaller: 24/30, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges:11/11, AP:1 DR5, -2 to attack rolls (save ends)

    (J5) Weeping Crane: 2/27, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges:10/10, AP:1, Immobilized UENT (D1), BLOODIED

    (G4) Dawn Sunstorm: 31/31, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges: 13/13, AP:1 DR5


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show

    Combat Map
    Illumination: Bright Light
    Trees: Do not hamper movement but do provide cover
    River: Does not hamper movement except for squares that also contain rocks which are difficult terrain
    Waterfall: The 5 squares between the rocky outcroppings are difficult terrain
    Sacred Circle: Unknown
    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-11-25 at 10:02 AM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Kourni took the blows in stride thanks to Valandil's chant but even she had to admit the scaled beasts were stronger than she originally thought. Perhaps there was indeed a reason for Rythia to perish at their hands that didn't involve merely a lack of skill. Crane seemed to be taking the worst of it. He was badly bleeding and honestly looked ready to faint. Now is not the time to be reserved.

    The goliath woman took a careful step back away from the kobolds. However, it wasn't for the sake of running away, just to better her position. She raised her left hand and began tracing the outline of a rune in the air, "Queen of the forests, I plead for rejuvenation." The rune trace soon began to manifest as a visible deep green symbol. Before anyone could blink, the light symbol shot forward in the air and erupted above Crane's head slowly closing some of his wounds. However, Kourni knew that this was merely a patch job and wouldn't save him alone. Knowing that he knew giant, she shouted at him through her neck rune, "Hold deg innenfor armer rekkevidde for meg!"

    With her healing complete, began to draw an new rune onto her warhammer while commenting allowed to the kobolds, "The spirits watch over us. Melora bolsters my resolve. You want us to fear you? Perhaps..." She raised her hammer high as she exclaimed, "..it should be the other way around!" With her rune complete, Kourni slammed her warhammer hard into the ground. A shockwave of holy energy poured out of her and her weapon striking ally and enemy alike. However, the effects were very different. For the kobolds, the energy burned at their scaly hides. For Crane, Dawn and herself, it wrapped around them like an ethereal shield to guard them from further assaults. Even as the shockwave faded, sparks of holy energy clinged to the grass in the area of her attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round Actions
    Move Action: Shift to H5

    Minor Action: Rune of Mending (Close burst 5) on Crane. Crane can spend a healing surge.

    Free Action: Rune of Protection is now active. All allies in her healing burst (which should be everyone but Draziw) gains +1 to all defenses until the end of the Kourni's next turn. All allies adjacent to Kourni (and herself of course) gain damage resist 2 until the start of her next turn.

    Giant Translation: Stay within arms reach of me.

    Standard Action: Rune of the Undeniable Dawn (Close burst 3)
    Condition: -2 on all attack rolls, Missed attacks still do half damage
    Attack Rolls Strength VS AC:
    (1d20+5)[11] against Q1
    (1d20+5)[14] against T1
    (1d20+5)[12] against T8
    (1d20+5)[11] against T5
    (1d20+5)[18] against T4
    (1d20+5)[15] against T2
    (1d20+5)[17] against T3
    (1d20+5)[23] against D1
    (1d20+5)[20] against T9

    Damage Roll: (1d10+4)[7]

    Creates a zone in the burst area. All allies in the burst (currently Kourni, Crane, and Dawn) gain +2 bonus to all defenses while standing in the zone. The zone ends at the end of Kourni's next turn but she can sustain it as a minor action.

    Finally, Save to end the attack pen (1d20)[10]
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sploosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    His eyes still glowing, Valandil continues to chant. Despite his trance, he whisks across the battlefield. His sprint stops beside Kourni. He has seen what these creatures can do to even the most stalwart of heroes. He raises his bow, his eyes meet its and he lets loose.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Minor: Sustain
    Move to F6
    Two Fanged Strike Q

    (1d20+8)[22] Damage: (1d12+5)[13]
    (1d20+8)[20] Damage: (1d12+5)[7]
    Effect: 3 more damage if both hit

    Elven Acc on a roll below 15
    (1d20+8)[16]


    Some men are born to kill.
    Others push people around.
    A few are destined to lead


    I was born a tank.

    ▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
    ▄████████████████▅▄▃▂ Avatar by Lordsmoothe
    █E█V█I█S█C█E█R█A█T█O█R██►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Kourni steps back and unleashes a burst of energy that bolsters her allies while proving largely ineffective against her foes. She then turns to Crane and heals some of his wounds. Valandil then charges forward and greatly injures the kobold in front of him.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kourni hits D1,
    T2, T3, T4, T9 shift out of the way of the burst
    All others missed
    Heals Crane for 6
    Everyone gets +1 to all defenses UENT (Kourni)
    Everyone within burst gets +2 to all defenses UENT (Kourni)
    Kourni and Dawn get DR2 (Kourni)

    Valandil advances and shoots Q1 for 23 damage
    Sustains DR5
    He provokes an OA from Q1, 22 vs AC (miss)

    Dawn is on Delay

    It is now Crane's turn.

    I have also assigned each PC a different colour in the battle map, this will allow for easy tracking to see how is responsible for each zone or summon on the map.


    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 1
    Q: 24
    Draziw: 22
    D: 20
    T: 18
    S: 18
    Dawn: 17 DELAY
    Kourni: 13
    Valandil: 7
    Crane: 5 <-----------Active Player
    Thyrn: 3


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show

    (G7) Q1 : BLOODIED
    (K6)D1: Marked by Crane, Quarry by Valandil, BLOODIED
    (M13)S1:
    (H7)T1:
    (G9)T2:
    (L2)T3:
    (L9)T4:
    (I6)T5:
    (L6)T6:
    (L4)T7:
    (H3)T8:
    (H1)T9:
    (N8)T10:


    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (C0) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/10, AP: 0 DR5 (Valandil), +1 to def (Kourni)

    (F6) Valandil Seralonde : 23/23, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 5/5, AP: 0 DR5 (Valandil), +2 to def (Kourni), +1 to def (Kourni)

    (E3) Draziw : 22/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 4/7, AP: 1 DR5 (Valandil), +2 to def (Kourni), +1 to def (Kourni)

    (H5) Kourni Mistcaller: 24/30, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges:11/11, AP:1 DR5 (Valandil), DR2 (Kourni), +2 to def (Kourni), +1 to def (Kourni)

    (J5) Weeping Crane: 8/27, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges: 9/10, AP:1, Immobilized UENT (D1), BLOODIED, +1 to def (Kourni), +2 to def (Kourni)

    (G4) Dawn Sunstorm: 31/31, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges: 13/13, AP:1 DR5 (Valandil), 2 DR (Kourni), +2 to def (Kourni), +1 to def (Kourni)


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show

    Combat Map
    Illumination: Bright Light
    Trees: Do not hamper movement but do provide cover
    River: Does not hamper movement except for squares that also contain rocks which are difficult terrain
    Waterfall: The 5 squares between the rocky outcroppings are difficult terrain
    Sacred Circle: Unknown
    Green Zone: +2 to all defenses (Kourni)
    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-11-27 at 01:21 PM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Weeping Crane
    Crane's teardrop tattoo starts to become more distinct as he is injured, real tears joining the tattoo and adding definition to the detail work. I shall not bend... I shall not break... I am as the wind... he chants to himself, falling into a defensive stance. He then lashes out violently at nearby foes.

    Standard Action: Second Wind, regain 6 HP and gain +2 defenses UENT
    Free Action: Action Point
    Standard Action: Dual Strike @ T5 and D1
    Free Action (If I hit T5): Flurry of Blows @ D1, 9 auto-damage.
    Move Action: Shift to I5, as Kourni instructed

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack vs. T5: (1d20+8)[15] vs. AC
    Hit: (1d8+2)[9] damage
    Attack vs. D1: (1d20+8)[16] vs. AC
    Hit: (1d8+2)[6] damage
    Effect: They are both marked until the end of my next turn.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Crane lashes out at the two kobolds near him, striking down one but missing the other.

    Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crane second winds, regaining 6HP and +2 to def
    Action points to attack T5 and D1
    T5 takes 9 (dies)
    D1 takes 9 from flurry of blows
    Crane can not move - IMMOBILIZED

    Can't update map until tonight.


    Initiave :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round : 1
    Q: 24
    Draziw: 22
    D: 20
    T: 18
    S: 18
    Dawn: 17 DELAY
    Kourni: 13
    Valandil: 7
    Crane: 5
    Thyrn: 3 <-----------Active Player


    Monsters status :
    Spoiler
    Show

    (G7) Q1 : BLOODIED
    (K6)D1: Marked by Crane, Quarry by Valandil, BLOODIED
    (M13)S1:
    (H7)T1:
    (G9)T2:
    (L2)T3:
    (L9)T4:
    (I6)T5: DEAD
    (L6)T6:
    (L4)T7:
    (H3)T8:
    (H1)T9:
    (N8)T10:


    Players Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    (C0) Thyrn : 30/30, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 8/10, AP: 0 DR5 (Valandil), +1 to def (Kourni)

    (F6) Valandil Seralonde : 23/23, TEMP HP: 0, Healing surges : 5/5, AP: 0 DR5 (Valandil), +2 to def (Kourni), +1 to def (Kourni)

    (E3) Draziw : 22/22, TEMP HP: 0, Healing Surges : 4/7, AP: 1 DR5 (Valandil), +2 to def (Kourni), +1 to def (Kourni)

    (H5) Kourni Mistcaller: 24/30, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges:11/11, AP:1 DR5 (Valandil), DR2 (Kourni), +2 to def (Kourni), +1 to def (Kourni)

    (J5) Weeping Crane: 14/27, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges: 8/10, AP:0, Immobilized UENT (D1), +1 to def (Kourni), +2 to def (Kourni), +2 to def USNT (2nd wind)

    (G4) Dawn Sunstorm: 31/31, TEMP HP:0, Healing surges: 13/13, AP:1 DR5 (Valandil), 2 DR (Kourni), +2 to def (Kourni), +1 to def (Kourni)


    Combat Map :
    Spoiler
    Show

    Combat Map
    Illumination: Bright Light
    Trees: Do not hamper movement but do provide cover
    River: Does not hamper movement except for squares that also contain rocks which are difficult terrain
    Waterfall: The 5 squares between the rocky outcroppings are difficult terrain
    Sacred Circle: Unknown
    Green Zone: +2 to all defenses (Kourni)
    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-11-28 at 09:40 AM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •