New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Walking the Way: A Swordsage's Handbook [Under Construction again]

Quote Originally Posted by Draz74 View Post
    Yup, that's the point of Dual Boost.

You can even use both those boosts, then spend your full-round action on Time Stands Still.
    I am still irked that dual boost is on a per day basis when the Warblades Dual stance is all day long
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Onee more question, if you kept dancing mongoose and have dual boost and use raging mongoose with it then time stands still, is that possible and how many attacks would that be for a twf?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

For Know: History's description, remember it covers wars you know. Not historical wars, but wars in general (much like religion covers people con drained to death, zombies created by wizards/dread necromancers, the skills are broad).

Given none of the other knows cover it, and history is otherwiseotherwise just an excuse for exposition, it's not even cheesy.

edit: Note this is completely intended. There is a reason Red Falcon Knight gets the skill.
    Last edited by deuxhero; 2011-11-07 at 04:32 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Umaril View Post
    Onee more question, if you kept dancing mongoose and have dual boost and use raging mongoose with it then time stands still, is that possible and how many attacks would that be for a twf?
    They're separate maneuvers, so yes, you can Dual Boost with both for 3 extra attacks per weapon, max 6. So, assuming Swordsage 20 with GTWF, that means at least 18 attacks. I'm not sure how the Mongoose maneuvers and Time Stand Still interact on whether those extra attacks are per full attack or total but if they're per full attack, then it would be at least 24. Now, if only you could get Soulbow in there, there could be Rapid Shot and Haste/Speed for a deluge of mind arrows going every which way.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    They're separate maneuvers, so yes, you can Dual Boost with both for 3 extra attacks per weapon, max 6. So, assuming Swordsage 20 with GTWF, that means at least 18 attacks. I'm not sure how the Mongoose maneuvers and Time Stand Still interact on whether those extra attacks are per full attack or total but if they're per full attack, then it would be at least 24. Now, if only you could get Soulbow in there, there could be Rapid Shot and Haste/Speed for a deluge of mind arrows going every which way.
    The FAQ ruled that the "maximum 2" and "maximum 4" limits on the Mongoose maneuvers were per-Boost limits, so they don't get doubled by Time Stands Still.

Haste works fine without any Soulbow shenanigans, though. As does Snap Kick.

So 22 attacks (3 base, 3 TWF, 1 Snap Kick, 1 Haste, double all of the preceding with Time Stands Still, add 6 for Mongoose maneuvers) is perfectly doable.

Strictly speaking, though, there are better ways to use Dual Boost if you want to "nova."
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draz74 View Post
    The FAQ ruled that the "maximum 2" and "maximum 4" limits on the Mongoose maneuvers were per-Boost limits, so they don't get doubled by Time Stands Still.

Haste works fine without any Soulbow shenanigans, though. As does Snap Kick.

So 22 attacks (3 base, 3 TWF, 1 Snap Kick, 1 Haste, double all of the preceding with Time Stands Still, add 6 for Mongoose maneuvers) is perfectly doable.

Strictly speaking, though, there are better ways to use Dual Boost if you want to "nova."
    I should have put the Soulbow as an aside, as it was more of a side note on ranged TWFing without so much hoop jumping. In any case, Haste/Speed works just fine, plus Snap Kick and Roundabout Kick if you want to get some crit fishing in there, which leads to Blood in the Water and Keen Kukris and Lightning Maces...
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

I know all that stuff about thread necromancy, but seeing as this is a handbook...

is it ever going to get finished?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Halfling in the Playground

Probably not by the original author. I was considering taking a stab at the stances section.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acathala View Post
    Probably not by the original author. I was considering taking a stab at the stances section.
    ...Awesome name, dude. Currently rewatching Buffy. The demon that sucked Angel into a hell dimension, I believe?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Halfling in the Playground

Yes you're quite correct though I spell it slightly differently.