New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion IV: Roll Join Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    While that's true, there is a middle ground between "totally impossible" and "lolFetichdeath".

I feel like if it were that easy, Malfeas would have taken a whack at Autochthon at some point. His cancer seriously creeps the other Primordials out, after all.

Maybe reversing Autochthon's cancer actually requires you to turn him into a Neverborn, and then resurrect him, leaving his disease behind. Hell, maybe Autochthon's cancer is actually the key to reviving the Neverborn, because it will stay alive even after he dies and inject life into the Dead.

Something like fixing Autochthon's disease forever should be epic enough that it's not a simple matter of solving everything with a couple of Medicine Charms or a stabbing.
    Isn't resurrection one of the things that's impossible in Exalted?

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Yes and no. The only way to bring someone back to life is to reincarnate them. However, there is the "Yozis bend time to prevent a death" trick on the books and only direct "bring a corpse back as the person it was" resurrection is fully prohibited.

If you do something like use Void Circle Necromancy to protect a soul's memory from Lethe as it passes through the cycle of reincarnation, is that ressurection? No. It probably has some wierd consequences, as you'd have a baby born who has a complete education from the moment of birth.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    That's one of those funny questions.

Proper resurrection is impossible. If you get killed, no one can build you a new body, bind your soul to it, and stick your Exaltation in there. There are, however, a few ways to get around this, with varying degrees of terrifyingly creepy to them.

The Neverborn are a special case, though, because they haven't died properly. No one knows if it's possible to resurrect them, and it would be a truly epic quest to do so, but that's why it might be done. Even then, the result wouldn't be the perfect return of the original Primordials. It would be more like the results of fetich death, several times removed. Probably. It's a pretty open area for speculation.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

4. - Top - End - #304

Huh, interesting...

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm... Gives me an idea for two upgrade charms to the alchemical's hypo-charm..

One would allow you to forcibly infect someone with gremlin syndrome. The other would be a very high level, very squicky one. I'm not going to describe it on the forums for the simple fact that I don't want the mods poking me again >.>'

Let's just say it involves your soul and an unborn fetus.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

While that's true, there is a middle ground between "totally impossible" and "lolFetichdeath".

I feel like if it were that easy, Malfeas would have taken a whack at Autochthon at some point. His cancer seriously creeps the other Primordials out, after all.

Maybe reversing Autochthon's cancer actually requires you to turn him into a Neverborn, and then resurrect him, leaving his disease behind. Hell, maybe Autochthon's cancer is actually the key to reviving the Neverborn, because it will stay alive even after he dies and inject life into the Dead.

Something like fixing Autochthon's disease forever should be epic enough that it's not a simple matter of solving everything with a couple of Medicine Charms or a stabbing.
    See now at least in my mind "lolFetichdeath" would never be my first resort for curing Autochthon's robocancer; in fact it would be my absolute last resort. Because the result isn't Autochthon anymore. It's a new Primordial, one that may have tangentially similar themes and Autochthon's memories but it's not him. Killing his Fetich wouldn't save Autochthon or Autochthonia, it would destroy both of them. It would a huge sacrifice, perhaps to large of one, in pursuit of the goal. Depending on the motivation behind curing him of his disease ganking his Fetich might in fact be self-defeating.

Also, if a Fetich Death is not epic and is a simple stabbing you are doing it wrong.

Now I'll admit the Empyreal Chaos probably wouldn't have had any of these compunctions. But Fetich Death, even without Neph's quote wouldn't be a guaranteed cure. It's always a roulette. His sickness is a part of Autochthon's theme, that could be the part that his new incarnations spins off of and his disease could have been even worse this time around. That wouldn't be a risk the Empyreal Chaos would take, as stupid as Primordials can be. After all Autochthon kept his disease in check before sealing himself away, it was merely creepy, not dangerous.
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2011-04-29 at 03:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, what if upon killing Auto's Feitch, you get a new Primordial that is based on the disease, and it is the living portion that is fighting to take over the body?
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    Yeah, what if upon killing Auto's Feitch, you get a new Primordial that is based on the disease, and it is the living portion that is fighting to take over the body?
    That is up to each ST in question of how s/he wants to direct things. There is no right or wrong answer to this, it's that simple.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    This needs to be explored further.

So would all Alchemicals upon creation have a Dissonance track? Could they later be infected with a disease inverse to Gremlin Syndrome? Or am I going to strongly with inversion here?

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

It'd be interesting if, when Autochthon dies, his sickness remained, and now inexorably marched him towards not oblivion, but reincarnation. Recycling certainly does feel thematic for him, after all.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

So I just finished Portal 2 and... GLaDOS reminds me a lot of Swillin'.

Just thought I'd put that out there.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

12. - Top - End - #312
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay...

APART from the cores and all? Kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

13. - Top - End - #313

I made a similar observation after the first Portal game. On that note, mind not spoiling anything?

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    I made a similar observation after the first Portal game. On that note, mind not spoiling anything?
    I likely would if I played Exalted when I first completed Portal.

And no I'm not going to spoiil anything.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

15. - Top - End - #315

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post

Cannot wait until I finally play that game.
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

So...

Does She Who Lives In Her Name have a canon fetich?

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

No, she doesn't. In fact, she only has one 3rd Circle Soul confirmed. The Ravine of Whispers.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Welp, now I know what I'm going to be statting.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been thinking about why Gods seem to hate Sidereals so much. Ignoring for a moment the massive amount of of laws they broke during the Usurpation. Because really Gods have no right to complain about that. The Sidereals have seriously undercut Heavens Economy. The primary currency of Heaven is Sol's Ambrosia cut into little gold wrapped coins. Now as I understand it during the First Age US got a hell of a lot more worship. He even had Ondar Shambal magnifying it. Without the Zeniths priests to spread his worship and with Immaculates actively suppressing it it's not surprising that it's gone down some. Now of course he also gets ten percent of the Ambrosia from all other Celestial Deities; but with the massive amount of information lost to the Second Age and with Immaculate strictly controlling worship in a large potion of Creation as much Ambrosia is not appearing to them either. The Immaculate Order's strict worshiping habits may even be slightly reducing the amount of Quintessence coming in; though admittedly I doubt this.

20. - Top - End - #320

GnomePirate

Isn't it simple ? All about "money".
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

The main reason most gods hate Sidereals is the fact that they broke into Lytek's office, assaulted him, and stole his stuff.

No one had ever done that before.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Pretty much. Sidereals are the personification of Obstructive Bureaucrat that know kung fu.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post

I dunno, she reminded me of Swillin' more in Portal 1 than 2. Though even then, there are some similarities.

But yes, Portal is a very Swillin' game. There's even a Space Scream in the game and everything, eh? (how's that for oblique and nonspoilery references?)

24. - Top - End - #324
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, it's not totally impossible.

But his sickness is so inherent in his being that you have to change him on a fundamental level to get rid of it. And doing that pretty much means fetich death.

Yozis can't kill each other. Not even Malfeas. It's one of the reasons he liked having Sol on a leash.

That's... far more impossible then simply killing his fetich.

You can't fix him with a Medicine Charm, unless there's a Medicine Charm that lets you rewrite a Primordials entire Charm tree.

And consider what you would have to do to turn into a simple stabbing. It would be an epic quest.

EDIT: ...I think I just missed this entire last page when I posted this.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-04-29 at 04:45 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    No, she doesn't. In fact, she only has one 3rd Circle Soul confirmed. The Ravine of Whispers.
    Actually, the Malfeas compass book gives us another: Sagarduia, the River of Crystal Fire. Very nice aesthetics, though her fluff seems a bit awkward.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

26. - Top - End - #326

What page is that on?
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Meh, I'm of the opinion that if you can get Autobot a Wyld-Inhaler, his robo-cancer-asthma will be sufficiently repressed to have a functional life. It's not like the First Age had problems with gremlinized spirits and automata or anything.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Because twilights could keep it in check. Autobot can't even with alchemicals.

One or two solar circles could be enough to start pushing back the blight.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329

All you really need to do is wake Autochthon up. He'll go "WTF?" and port back to the Wyld. Adamant sorcery is nice for a quick fix, but I think he's the only one with the resources to keep it at bay constantly.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Because twilights could keep it in check. Autobot can't even with alchemicals.

One or two solar circles could be enough to start pushing back the blight.
    Autobot himself kept it in check with the infinite resources the Wyld provides. Elsewhere doesn't have infinite resources. In fact, the resources that Elsewhere possesses is very close to zero. Probably as close to zero as one can get.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.