New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalt Discussion IV: Roll Join Debate

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    You left out that Deathlords are dysfunctional ghosts (which is why they haven't done anything to destroy the world, thank you), and that they should appropriately have Fetters and Passions that prevent them from being useful to the Neverborn.
    The default assumption of this game is that these are the competent Deathlords and that you will actually be destroying Creation instead of screwing around.

I mean, a game where you played Lunar Elders and just moped around all day wouldn't be very fun. Same idea.

That said, I'll think about it.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    The default assumption of this game is that these are the competent Deathlords and that you will actually be destroying Creation instead of screwing around.

I mean, a game where you played Lunar Elders and just moped around all day wouldn't be very fun. Same idea.

That said, I'll think about it.
    Yes, but there is no reason Lunar Elders would be incompetent. Similarly, there is no reason why Deathlords, being ghosts of great passions vis a vis Creation's existence, should be competent.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion IV: Roll Join Debate

Depends. I assume being fused with the remnents of the Neverborn's Third Circle Souls was enough to create a new Fetter for them. Alternately, isn't there a Labyrinth circle spell that alters a ghost if you know their motivation and fetters?

It could have been an effect like that, but pumped up. So while the ghosts of the Solars meant to take the power, they didn't realize it would be overwritting them so hard.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

So...for those of you who don't know, Test of Spite is reopening. And Exalted is one of the systems that they're adding. Yeah, I know, crazy. And now I'm going to end up as a primary Ref. This means I need to make a banlist, as well as houserules. Just wanted to run this preliminary list by you, it's not nearly comprehensive.

Spoiler
    Show
    • Exalts gain free Ox-body Meditation charms equal to their natural stamina. These don't count for the purpose of prerequisites, or limitations on how many times you can take it.
    • Solars gain 5 free Excelencies from their caste or favored abilites, max of one free per ability.
    • Lunars gain 2 free excelencies from their caste or Favored attributes.
    • Dragonblooded and Sidereals gain 4 free excelencies from their caste, aspect, favored, or auspicious abilities.
    • Sorcery initiation charms give the appropriate counter spell charm for free.
    • Articulated plate and Superheavy Plate artifact armors from the core book have their artifact rating reduced by 2.
    • Artifact armors from the core book have hearthstone sockets equal to [artifact rating-1], after adjustemts mentioned above.
    • Lunars use these chargen rules
    • Most current Errata is used, including character creation.

I'm thinking there are still some things that need to be addressed. For instance, Stunts. Note, this is simply the houserules, not the banlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Then how is Luna not always there?
    I believe the canon is that Luna's constantly changing nature gives her some immunity to addiction. Or, it would, if she could stay away from it longer.

Also, fixed the first post, as well as the title. I blame whoever I copied the title from.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Good for you for reffing, and those look like perfectly good rules. My thoughts are already in the ToS thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

If you're allowing Infernals, you'll need to note what they get for their Excellency.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

I lack MoEP: Infernals, thus I can't in good conscious allow them. This might change if another ref has access to them.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    To non-Lunars, "everyone" is typically assumed to mean, "of the same race". And even if it really does mean, "everyone", you could still prioritize within that extremely large list. A reasonably self-interested system might look like...
    1) Anyone who catches my eye as particularly attractive [varies by personal personal preference];
    2) Anyone who I can spite my enemy by sleeping with [self-explanatory];
    3) Anyone who's healthy and interfertile [opposite-gender same-species; fey; gods/spirits/demons/some ghosts; almost anything, if you go far enough out into the Wyld];
    4) Anyone who's willing and unattached [may as well put off prosecution as long as possible];
    5) Anyone who's willing and attached [adultery is generally less harshly punished than rape, though this varies heavily by culture];
    6) Anyone who I can get drunk/drugged/tricked [getting onto thinner ice legally, but not utterly reckless yet]
    7) Anyone else of the same species.
    ~~7a) <insert broad age/gender preference here>
    ~~7b-7n) <insert age/gender categories here in decreasing preferability>
    8) Other-species mammals [subcategorize by preference]
    9) Non-mammalian life.
    10) This is where we start figuring out how to transport particularly beautiful mountains, caves, or other landscapes to the Wyld.

(...)

The "Inexhaustible" and "Short Gestation" mutations, and the "Selective Conception" merit, might also be useful.

On the other hand, making the area around the landscape feature in question Wyld for a time is probably easier than relocating it there. Hmm.
    Sorry, can't resist (Bedlam is nigh!).

A) Pick up Assumption of the Living Kingdom and combine it with Bestial Assumption (or Dreams and Passion) in order to have all the right bits and manifest them over a few score square miles (or more) - this does not help with specific goals, but lets you, ah, multi-task.

B) Imposition of Law gets you all the Extras you want (regardless of species) and anyone who'd be willing anyway. Use a few to make sure they enjoy the experience, okay? Fertility is also an option.

C) Why travel to the Wyld when Assumptions can bring the Wyld to you? Only works near the edges of Creation, then you have to get inventive. Principle of Worlds (possibly with Tranlucent Dream sheathing Technology backup) can endow a (small) mountain with speech and - other - responses. For larger landmasses (a cute continent, say), there are still options (see F).

D) If there is a non-human species you find particularly interesting, things just became a lot easier. Bestial Transformation will turn *everyone* it affects into said species. Have it include the mutations that fit your needs, and go for it. The locals might wonder why Mount Pleasant is suddenly a rabbit, but that's their problem.

D.1) If you prefer gods and humans (weirdo), Dragonbloods, one specific person (pining for Desus after this many years, perhaps?) or crossbreeds, there is still hope. Give a Staff Grace to your selected partner, and have them swear an Adjuration with the appropriate Assumptions on it. Dreams and Passion (lust, to make things easier) or Elemental Form will give you most gods and humans (including directional variants), Elemental Form gives you Dragonbloods, Dreams and Passion (disguise) lets you have your One True Love over and over (in multiples), and Bestial Form takes care of the human - wolverine - koala cross of your innermost dreams.

D.2) Actual Elementals are a bit more of a pain. Give your (non-elemental) partner a Cup Grace, have them attune to an Oneiromancy with Elemental Tranformation, and use Spirit Flaying Meditation on your Occult so you can't tell the difference.

D.3) How are these Extras managing to attune to the Adjurations and Oneiromancies you're throwing around? Behemoth Forging Meditation can give them Awakened Essence. Or Bestial Transformation into an Essence using animal. Or give them a full suite of Graces, open a feeding maw, and their Essence is activated by default. Or have a pet with Asusmption of the Person's Heart bond with them and share the relevant charms. Really, it's not an issue.

E) For categories up to 9), get your target inside your Chancel of choice, with a Freehold inside. Every scene, the freehold's glory gets to perform a social attack with ~10 automatic successes (before Charms) to get them to consent.

F) For 10), give your target of choice a full suite of Graces. They are now self aware, and by attuning to their Heart Grace, you can own them. Once they are owned, you can evoke them at will. Such as inside your Chancel, or (for extra mind games) inside the daydream of the person who initially thought it was a cute mountain. So he's staring at the peak, thnking about it in... affectionate terms, when it suddenly vanishes and his imagination gets very detailed, and graphic, with you mixed in. And marmots. Can't forget the marmots.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

I did those charms I mentioned. (has her PC. Is happy)

Also, meschlum... I love you so much.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix
    Infernal
    >None<
    I see how it is.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I see how it is.
    Isn't that because Abyssals are just cooler
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    --Will S.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by a_humble_lich View Post
    Isn't that because Abyssals are just cooler
    Shh. I've been trying to teach them that fact for years. Haven't seen any success so far.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Also, meschlum... I love you so much.
    I quite agree with this sentiment.

Now off to look at those charms.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Shh. I've been trying to teach them that fact for years. Haven't seen any success so far.
    Wouldn't that be because infernals are mostly on fire?
    BEEP.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Wouldn't that be because infernals are mostly on fire?
    Man, I wish. The quicker they burn to death, the quicker the world can forget about them.
    I use black for sarcasm.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, Abyssals are the ones who make creation want to kill itself for them.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Man, I wish. The quicker they burn to death, the quicker the world can forget about them.
    What's wrong with Infernals?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    What's wrong with Infernals?
    According to TRD? They aren't Abyssals.

According to people who don't hold with that nonsense? Nothing at all.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Fact: Abyssals are emo Infernal-wannabes.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

I see how it is.
    Yes, it's 'Lix is too lazy to learn Infernal rules'.
    I'll get to it, promise? Anything for the Bunny That Rules In Cuteness.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Fact: Abyssals are emo Infernal-wannabes.
    Nonono. Emo Solar-wannabes.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-04-26 at 06:08 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

No, because Solars are prissy Infernal-wannabes because for all that they are the supreme perfection of mortals, Infernals go further!

Don't be stupid.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

You know what's fun? Starting a fight in the middle of Nexus between a Zenith and Slayer.

You know what's more fun? Having every single character that the Wyld Hunt, currently 10 ticks away from arriving on the scene, would classify as an 'Anathema' showing up.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

So, any opinion on how to do stunts? Or should they just be dropped from the game, as least as far as Test of Spite goes?
    Satomi by Elagune

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    You know what's fun? Starting a fight in the middle of Nexus between a Zenith and Slayer.

You know what's more fun? Having every single character that the Wyld Hunt, currently 10 ticks away from arriving on the scene, would classify as an 'Anathema' showing up.
    You know what's MORE fun? Spending your entire peripheral anima in one scene, including killing thirteen extras within three ticks, and shooting a party member in the chest.
    And then suffering the wrath of the neverborn, in what appeared to be sharp and lashy tentacle whip form.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    So, any opinion on how to do stunts? Or should they just be dropped from the game, as least as far as Test of Spite goes?
    Considering that a 1 die stunt is literally anything more descriptive than "I attack.", I think that would be a safe assumption for PCs to get on pretty much every action. 2 die stunts require a bit of effort. Also keep in mind that most NPCs are not allowed to get the bonus for stunts. Only notable NPCs are allowed to at all, and even then, only rarely.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Optimized combat in Exalted assumes that you can get a 2-die stunt on every action. If you can't, you can't sustain the Willpower costs of your paranoia Combo and die after your Willpower pool is exhausted.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

In light of that, it's probably best to ignore stunts since that'll shorten your matches.
    BEEP.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground

I already said this, but I think the best thing to do would be to keep the dice bonus, and remove the mote/WP gain.

Also posted a recruitment thread.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

If you take a potted plant from Creation to Malfeas, does photosynthesizing Ligier's light turn it into a Creature of Darkness?

Is it an evil plant?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Banned

If you take a potted plant from Creation to Malfeas, does photosynthesizing Ligier's light turn it into a Creature of Darkness?

Is it an evil plant?
    One of the things I love about Ligier shining over Creation again is the green plants dying, and the red/orange plants becoming dominant due to like chlorophyll and carotenoids and stuff.