New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Banned

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion IV: Roll Join Debate

Is there a general time when we might be getting Lunar/Sidereal Errata?

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

Yea, about the same time we'll get rules for Alchies over Essence 5- whenever the Ink Monkeys can work on it.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Is there a general time when we might be getting Lunar/Sidereal Errata?
    The only definite timeframe is that they'll come after 2.5.

There's also a bit off teaser stuff up on the forums about the Lunar errata.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj
    Yea, about the same time we'll get rules for Alchies over Essence 5- whenever the Ink Monkeys can work on it.
    Errata Team Prime and the Ink Monkeys share many members, but they are not actually the same group.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-05-14 at 02:09 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

Of course the Ink Monkeys could conceivably give us some Essence 6+ Alchie stuff. Stuff that was cut from CoCDVI for space reasons, maybe.

They've done that before, after all.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm almost afraid to ask this, but I wonder how meschlum (or any sufficiently savvy person) would make the green lantern's ring?

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

...Well you can pretty much do it just using Swillin' charms, honestly.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by masterjoda99 View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask this, but I wonder how meschlum (or any sufficiently savvy person) would make the green lantern's ring?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    ...Well you can pretty much do it just using Swillin' charms, honestly.
    Combine with Malfeas Charms. Green Sun Nimbus Flare/Kissed By Hellish Noon gives you the Green coloring you want plus the fiery aesthetics that are not always but sometimes apparent in Green Lantern Creations.
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2011-05-14 at 05:21 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Troll in the Playground

Alternatively, if you want to do it as a Solar, you can always just save the day with a Grand Goremaul, and then Memory Reweaving Discipline everyone (including yourself) to recall that you saved the day with a Green Lantern ring.

It's how Plato and Scott Pilgrim would do that ****.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

Also on the Green Sun Prince as a Green Lantern idea: you would need Loom-Snarling Deception to make your suit.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Troll in the Playground

Malfeas really needs a Demon Emperor's New Clothes charm.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

So the pirate in my game has decided that his motivation is going to be to steal the greatest treasure of the realm. As near as I can tell, this is probably the hearthstone for the Imperial Manse.

So what I'm wondering is, is there an official write-up for what that thing does somewhere? I would imagine that it's got to be pretty ridiculously powerful. I know it can be used to control the defense grid, and to project images of yourself throughout the realm? I don't know what else it does, or what the stats on the Realm Defense grid are, or what kind of mote regeneration it would give someone.

So yeah, written up somewhere? If not, has anyone homebrewed it before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter, character in game I'm GMing
    I was fine in Kingsfort until I met you guys. This looking for immortality thing is gonna get me killed!

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSinged View Post
    So the pirate in my game has decided that his motivation is going to be to steal the greatest treasure of the realm. As near as I can tell, this is probably the hearthstone for the Imperial Manse.

So what I'm wondering is, is there an official write-up for what that thing does somewhere? I would imagine that it's got to be pretty ridiculously powerful. I know it can be used to control the defense grid, and to project images of yourself throughout the realm? I don't know what else it does, or what the stats on the Realm Defense grid are, or what kind of mote regeneration it would give someone.

So yeah, written up somewhere? If not, has anyone homebrewed it before?
    Its in Under the Rose, which kinda covers everything about the Imperal Manse/Sword of Creation.
    Last edited by jindra34; 2011-05-14 at 05:49 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSinged View Post
    I don't know what else it does, or what the stats on the Realm Defense grid are, or what kind of mote regeneration it would give someone.
    It gives you regeneration as a 5-dot hearthstone (anticlimactic, I know), and makes you completely immune to unnatural mental influence, IIRC.

14. - Top - End - #1214

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Alternatively, if you want to do it as a Solar, you can always just save the day with a Grand Goremaul, and then Memory Reweaving Discipline everyone (including yourself) to recall that you saved the day with a Green Lantern ring.
    Hey, Desus. Nice to see you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    It gives you regeneration as a 5-dot hearthstone (anticlimactic, I know), and makes you completely immune to unnatural mental influence, IIRC.
    My personal houserule stats for the hearthstone is that it gives you 5 dots worth of Wood, Fire, Air, and Water-aspected hearthstones (each), and then 10 dots worth of Earth-aspected hearthstones. It then gives you the stated immunity to UMI and regenerates Essence as a 10-dot Manse (i.e., 40 per hour inside, 20 per hour outside). You can switch out dots of hearthstones (any that the Sword has in it's vast databases) by taking the hearthstone to the Hearthroom and meditating on it.

Seems fairly appropriate and powerful for Creation's only N/A Manse.

Also: Ragara Bhagwei.

What the ****ing ****.

He's a Compassion 4 Dragon-Blood who altruistically seeks to cure the Great Contagion. He's also Exalted's version of Dumbledore, as the master of the Heptagram.

He has a cloak made out of the skin of a little girl.

what
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-05-14 at 08:41 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    He has a cloak made out of the skin of a little girl.

what
    Is he really short, or did he get creative with the stitching? I don't think there would be much material to work with.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking of the severed skin of little girls, I've made an alternative Lillun (scroll down), for those Exalted players who prefer a little less baby-rape and a little more rockstar in their Infernal origin story. Tell me whatcha think (in that thread).
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-05-14 at 11:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. Has anyone made custom underworld behemoths. Or, whatever they're supposed to be called. H-something or other.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Banned

Hekatonkhires, and I have not.
    Last edited by Qaera; 2011-05-14 at 11:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1219

Been reworking the pre-made Exalts in Return to the Tomb of Five Corners (which I say we just shorten to 5Corners from now on) and gotten a little stuck. I've been following some of the suggestions Mr. Bookworm made back on page 39 and gotten a touch stuck. Mainly with their combos.

Kade, for instance, didn't have any BP left over after I remade him dot-for-dot and charm-for-charm from the book. I've altered his charms, but I don't have the spare BP to fit Heavenly Guardian Defence into his combo (which already has Hungry Tiger Technique, Fire and Stones Strike, the First Melee Excellency and Dipping Swallow Defence. Should I just remove DSD from the combo and replace it with HGD?

As for the other three, should I just add their new PDs (Seven Shadows Evasion) to their existing combos, or remove the charms that the Combos already have for defence and replace them with the PD? They all had charms like Serpentine Evasion or the First Melee Excellency to boost Parry DV. Naria's not a problem - she lost the First Dodge Excellency so that she could get Seven Shadows Evasion and the Excellency was the only defencive charm in the combo.
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

Brilliant D&D song from Aussie comedy band Tripod.
    If anyone can find a better-quality version of that, let me know.

The Hellborn Hooligans Reborn

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I'd keep melee excellencies in the combos. Melee excellencies function as both attack and defense charms so they're always good in combos, plus they are negligible to add via xp anyway.
    BEEP.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by masterjoda99 View Post
    Moderately difficult, but far from impossible!

The Unfair Medal

Awarded to the mortals who prove the most devious in the Raksha's games, this medal warps reality somewhat, permitting its bearer to affect Creation in ways similar to, but far lesser than, the Fair Folk in the Wyld. Strangely shaped tendrils of purple energy radiate from the Medal and list any debris on hand, then pelt foes with the missiles thus acquired.

The Medal is under the effect of a moderately powerful Translucent Dream Sheathing Technology, allowing its wearer to move things with a thought and gesture. This power is inherently false, and others can resist the motion by expending willpower and performing stunts or using Charms. Still, it's a way to throw things at others with the proper special effects.

The Outrageous Mask

The concept of disguise is one the Raksha know intimately, and have mastered to perfection. That literate Creation-born sometimes ignore their big signs bearing the label "Not a Fair Folk" is truly unsettling! Accordingly, they have designed the Mask, and set forth from the Wyld secure in their secret identities. Since a proper Creation-born exists in a mere three spatial dimensions, the Mask is cursed to impose the same limitation upon those who wear it. Since one never knows when it may be critical to pass as one of the crowd, the Mask has been enchanted so that it can summon a perfectly innocuous disguise - teal and orange polka dots fit in anywhere!

1-dot inward facing Oneiromancy
    Assumption of Dreams and Passion (Blatant Obliviousness)
    Gossamer Wing Flight (three dimensions)
    Imposition of Law (Denying your identity)
    Rarefied Air of Inevitable Victory
    Gladdening Visage
    Ordinary Object Conjuration (summon and banish costume at will. Some versions fail to summon your original clothing back).

Toss in Gossamer Superheavy light Plate (0 Fatigue and Mobility), and it's a start.

The Ring and the Lamp

Power and weakness are one and the same in the Wyld, and when its far reaches are troubled to touch Creation, it is to spawn terrible changes and minute alterations. Thus, the bearer of the Ring, a minor trinket of negligible power, is also endowed with the might of the Lamp, so long as she remains true to the Oath that both items demand.

Wearing the Ring is trying on the willpower of its owner, but the power it conveys is considerable - enabling the creation of items on the fly, in lovely mauve and turquoise stripes. The Lamp itself is a battery containing nigh infinite power, and its alien radiation encourages mortals near it to behave in an orderly fashion, readily obeying the authorities.

Lamp: 3-dot Outward facing Oneiromancy
    Assumption of the City's Heart: the powers of the Lamp cover a wide area
    Heart Stealing Kiss: each day, the Lamp consumes some of its owner's willpower. Each scene, it drains the willpower of the first person doing something against the law. This includes jaywalking.
    Imposition of Law: the Lamp is always aware of any crimes that take place within it reach.
    Manacles of Virtue: the Lamp's owner becomes stupidly, some would say insanely, dedicated to following her principles, as Conviction is boosted beyond measure.

Ring: Essence 3 Diplomat with Extinction of the Self, Oath Gossamer and Veil of Glamour - this grants the ability to create pretty much anything with gossamer. Oath Gossamer gives 2 gossamer per scene in which the Ring serves its function as a powerful tool for its owner (1 to the ring, one to the owner).

The Puce Hands

Sometimes, it becomes necessary to take hold of items at a distance, extending the reach of the Ring beyond what can be done by Unfair means. Once, the Hands roamed the Deep Wyld, inflicting unspeakable tortures upon those they met. Finally, they were defeated and tamed by a Raksha wearing infinitely extendible underwear and cold iron dentures, and bound to the service of the Ring. Now, they manifest at the Ring's command, grasping and crushing all that stands in their way, then vanishing until needed again.

1-dot Behemoth
    Assumption of the Person's Heart: a large, puce, copy of the hands of the Ring's owner.
    Knife Hand Dream

Attuned by the Ring, the Hands become immaterial when outside the Ring's awareness. Thus, it just takes rubbing it, or adjusting the Mask, to make them vanish and reappear.

1-dot inward facing Oneiromancy
    Assumption of Cerements and Bone: a very frightening pair of pliers.
    Bestial (or Elemental) Transformation: Gargantuan puce hands (instead of merely human size)
    Bestial (or Elemental) Transformation: Minute puce hands
    Imposition of Law: Extracting Teeth. Not painlessly. No mouth too big or too small.
    Gossamer Wing Flight: no matter where the teeth are...

Also attuned by the Ring, these pliers grant the Hands their most notable powers.

Good enough?

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would like to officially apply to meschlum's harem now.
    Last edited by Feriority; 2011-05-15 at 03:34 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Firbolg in the Playground

Requiring just a little less Fair Folk-iness, howzabout one go with that literal artifact green lantern from the books? It holds (and glows with) the blazing radiation of the green sun, and as such, can "charge" artifacts that are reliant on it. As an added bonus, said artifacts usually can't charge in the light of Creation's sun (weakness to yellow, anyone?). As for the green telekinesis stuff, yeah, go with a mix of Swillin' and Malfeas Charms.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Barbarian in the Playground

Or Paramagnetic Tether Beams. I'm sure someone, somewhere has tried to make an upgrade to that charm that allows the user to solidify and manupulate their essence/Animae.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Requiring just a little less Fair Folk-iness, howzabout one go with that literal artifact green lantern from the books? It holds (and glows with) the blazing radiation of the green sun, and as such, can "charge" artifacts that are reliant on it. As an added bonus, said artifacts usually can't charge in the light of Creation's sun (weakness to yellow, anyone?). As for the green telekinesis stuff, yeah, go with a mix of Swillin' and Malfeas Charms.
    Which artifact is this?

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Which artifact is this?
    Emerald Fire Lantern, in the Infernals book... near that Chalcanth Reservoir thingie. In fact, the lanterns themselves actually dim in the light of Creation's sun, so...
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-05-15 at 04:32 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1227

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    I'd keep melee excellencies in the combos. Melee excellencies function as both attack and defense charms so they're always good in combos, plus they are negligible to add via xp anyway.
    Yeah, I was planning on leaving the melee excellencies in place. Although since I'm only planning on this being a one-shot to introduce them to Exalted (and there's no mention of xp in the adventure, which seems to've been made as a self-contained intro to the game so you could get an idea of it before buying the actual books) XP gain probably won't be in it.

EDIT: My main problem is Kade's combo. I don't have the BP to add Heavenly Guardian Defence to it so should I just swap out Dipping Swallow Defence for HGD?

EDIT2: And in addition to none of them having spent the free specialties they get with the revised character-creation rules, Morning Breeze and Naria both have unspent BP and I don't know what to put them towards. 3 and 2BP respectively.
    Last edited by ShadowFighter15; 2011-05-15 at 05:23 AM.
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

Brilliant D&D song from Aussie comedy band Tripod.
    If anyone can find a better-quality version of that, let me know.

The Hellborn Hooligans Reborn

28. - Top - End - #1228

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Is he really short, or did he get creative with the stitching? I don't think there would be much material to work with.
    He's actually made a mask of it, the cloak is a separate thing. He used a rampaging Abyssal who just stole a precious volume to further it's master's cause, and studied its corpse afterwards (being medic and all), in an attempt to further his research of Great Contagion. It's just that the Anathema happened to have the form of a girl.
    LGBTitP

29. - Top - End - #1229

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Hm. Has anyone made custom underworld behemoths. Or, whatever they're supposed to be called. H-something or other.
    A couple, yes. Why?

[baselessassumption]I mean, if you're going to ask for any guidelines on how to make a Hekatonkhire, don't bother. Behemoths and their more corpsy cousins are literally Exalted's "everything else" category.[/baselessassumption]

(ooooor I could be completely wrong about what you wanted)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFighter15 View Post
    EDIT: My main problem is Kade's combo. I don't have the BP to add Heavenly Guardian Defence to it so should I just swap out Dipping Swallow Defence for HGD?

EDIT2: And in addition to none of them having spent the free specialties they get with the revised character-creation rules, Morning Breeze and Naria both have unspent BP and I don't know what to put them towards. 3 and 2BP respectively.
    My advice would be that if there's one or two BP out of place, don't worry about it. Your players don't have to make them themselves, so if you want to stick another Charm into a Combo, just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MickJay View Post
    He's actually made a mask of it, the cloak is a separate thing. He used a rampaging Abyssal who just stole a precious volume to further it's master's cause, and studied its corpse afterwards (being medic and all), in an attempt to further his research of Great Contagion. It's just that the Anathema happened to have the form of a girl.
    Yes. Specifically, the Shoat of the Mire, whose various incarnations are running up there with Lillun for "most sympathetic horrifying kid in Exalted".

And doing it for SCIENCE! is perhaps understandable, but it still doesn't really explain why he made some clothing out of her. Did he make an armchair, too? Nah, not enough skin. Maybe some rope...

30. - Top - End - #1230

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    Yes. Specifically, the Shoat of the Mire, whose various incarnations are running up there with Lillun for "most sympathetic horrifying kid in Exalted".

And doing it for SCIENCE! is perhaps understandable, but it still doesn't really explain why he made some clothing out of her. Did he make an armchair, too? Nah, not enough skin. Maybe some rope...
    Well, if you've already dissected the Anathema, and found that some of the tissue offers powerful protections, wouldn't it be tempting to use it against further threats of similar nature?
    LGBTitP